Top 5 biggest mistakes in the entire series (opinion)

2»

Comments

• Agreed, even in the comics, everyone didn't die. Also, the direction was bad I still think because they did it episode by episode instead of the whole thing at one time.

Thank you for the comment.

God bless you.

DabigRG posted: »

Here's a quick list of my own: 5 Removing Rewind 4 Shorter Episodes 3 Creative Favoritism 2 Killing of 95% of its characters 1 Mismanaged/Flaky Direction

• edited May 2019

Top 5 biggest mistakes of the series (In no particular order ;) )

• ANF Episode One
    • ANF Episode Two
    • ANF Episode Three
    • ANF Episode Four
    • ANF Episode Five
  • edited May 2019

Using 2 year old memes, that aren’t even memes, without making funny ironic and/or unironic memes for the ha ha’s, and still expecting them to be relevant I see?

GBDillon posted: »

Top 5 biggest mistakes of the series (In no particular order ) * ANF Episode One * ANF Episode Two * ANF Episode Three * ANF Episode Four * ANF Episode Five

• Lmao, coming from the kid who talks to himself on his profile status and thinks its funny. Stop getting triggered.

Melton23 posted: »

Using 2 year old memes, that aren’t even memes, without making funny ironic and/or unironic memes for the ha ha’s, and still expecting them to be relevant I see?

• edited May 2019

Hehe firstly I can feel the amount of utter distant coming from this comment, seeing as the amount of sadness being poured into it is evident by the fact you just had to visit my profile to try and dig up some information or whatever it was you were doing.

Secondly, who even goes into other people’s profiles here anymore? I did that to pretty up my wall, knowing full well that nobody, or at least not many people, were going to be visiting or leaving much on it, so I ask you this: how is it trying to be funny when there’s nobody around to be funny to?

Thirdly, wtf do you mean “coming from the kid” me adding that to my wall has nothing to do with making a meme out of a video game and expecting the meme to be relevant whatsoever.

Finally, it’s one thing to do what the Star Wars fandom does the with prequels, it’s another to genuinely pour actual criticism into a meme without it being funny in the slightest, especially after it being 2 years old and barely even used anymore. It’s literally just as bad as using the troll face or nyan cat in 2019.

Lmao, coming from the kid who talks to himself on his profile status and thinks its funny. Stop getting triggered.

1. Killing off Kenny
    2. Killing Christa and Omid straight away in S2
    3. Having AJ be Alvin and Rebecca's and not Christa and Omids
    4. Clementine basically forgetting ever survivor she's ever met and only mentioning Lee.
    5. Killing Gabe. He should've lived no matter what and been in TFS. Kate should've died in all endings and David should've been determinant.
  • Not really. So you dismiss criticism of ANF as being a dead and unfunny meme because you're a sad kid who is unable to think critically of something you're clearly obsessed with but ok.

BTW dismissing those stupid unfunny comments you posted on your own profile like this is the worst excuse for being unfunny I've ever seen.

Hehe firstly I can feel the amount of utter distant coming from this comment, seeing as the amount of sadness being poured into it is eviden

• edited May 2019

Pls don’t call me sad, world is better off with more positivity pls thx. I know ANF was the weakest game, but the memes made about it are just pure garbage. And you probably shouldn’t have said that I can’t criticise anything...quiiite a few people here might be able to tell you about the shitshows I believe to be the Witcher 3 and Horizon Zero Dawn. Btw, ageism doesn’t get us anywhere, does it?

P.s I believe my excuse for the comments on my wall is a good one ? this forum is dying, and there isn’t an awful lot of people around to actually see it. My profile is my sanctuary. If you stumble into there, then you’re doing so at your own risk. Who knows what could be put up there in the future.

Now seeing as I am the clear victor here, I’ll give us the opportunity to start anew. What’dya Say? Friends? ?❤️?

Not really. So you dismiss criticism of ANF as being a dead and unfunny meme because you're a sad kid who is unable to think critically of s

1. Yeah, playing as one of them would have been better, but I think playing as a new character who maybe wasn't with them at first but runs in to Clem may have worked.

2. Well S1 didn't exactly have an evil villain, they had people like the St. John's and the Stranger but no one main bad guy like TFS after ep 1.

3. Agreed, from S1 the illusion of a romance option was kind of weak, TFS rushed it way to much (it was basically like okay make your pick based on not much)

4. This has been a problem since S2. S1 choices felt like they actually mattered (such as Kenny having two separate "death" scenes.

5. Yeah, in the comics almost no one is safe but they don't just kill all the characters minus a few either. It's kind of a cop-out as too many characters alive would bring to many different outcomes.

Thank you for the well thought out comment.

God bless you.

Poptarts posted: »

5 -- We honestly would've had a better S2 story if we'd played as Christa or Omid attempting to take care of Clementine and an infant/toddle

1. Jane's existence

That's it.

• edited May 2019

There are plenty of determinant scenes in TFS that outdo the Kenny “death scenes”. Both of the scenes followed pretty much the exact same script, just in a different location and a different damsel in distress in need of help, both start with Kenny trying to be the hero, and both end with him going missing. In TFS you can choose to go hunting or fishing with Violet/Brody or Louis/Aasim, and both of those scenes were quite long, then in episode 2 you have 2 different friendship scenes with 2 different characters (unlike season 1 and being stuck with Kenny and having him go missing either way) unlike Kenny’s disappearance and not being able to change your final relationship with him or how he goes out, you can either befriend Lou/Vi or romance them. Episode 3 doesn’t really do much in terms of determinant scenes (to my memory, I only played that episode once) unless you want to count the dance scene or the date scene, as well as the singing and piano but these scenes are pretty much done in the same way the Kenny scene was, where they would change depending on if you wanted to save a certain character or not. Then in S4, there’s pretty much only different dialogue and physical appearance depending on the last Ep2 choice, but still much larger than how Kenny disappeared as well as a much stronger show of choices mattering.

Case in point, S1 choices barely mattered and S4’s didn’t matter much either. S1 did good in the sense that if you save somebody, they’ll live and then be killed off sooner so that the story can continue to be linear, S4 works in the sense that the linearity is somewhat broken with more determinant scenes, adding some of that extra replay value.Parts of me thinks ANF did the best in terms of playing off of the choices, but part of me is still unsure.

* Yeah, playing as one of them would have been better, but I think playing as a new character who maybe wasn't with them at first but runs i

• Yeah, the way they killed her off kind of showed how little point there was in the character other than to create drama for Kenny.

God bless you.

* Jane's existence That's it.

• I disagree, the lou/vi thing was rushed and it didn't even have a continuity. Such as no matter what your decisions are you can still choose (seemingly) to romance either even if you choose louis hunting you can still romance vi. Also that whole romance arc felt rushed. I even pointed out in my ep 2 review I wish they had saved the decision until ep3 because to make that decision after only having a few conversations with each.

I think you misunderstood what I meant with the Kenny scenes. I was more talking about how they worked harder to create two different death scenes rather than taking the easy way out. With lou/vi they have to do it because they are two different people. However in general when it comes to one character and a choice they hardly ever shoot two completely different scenes. (Also with if Ben's alive even shooting the scenes differently to make it feel like he's actually apart of it as opposed to just keeping him silent)

E.g. S2 Nick, if he dies or lives he does almost nothing despite being alive for 2 more episodes (the beginning of Ep4 at least). I feel like that happened with many determinant characters after S1.

There are plenty of determinant scenes in TFS that outdo the Kenny “death scenes”. Both of the scenes followed pretty much the exact same sc

• edited May 2019

...the Kenny thing was rushed and had the same outcome. I mean lbh if you sided against him for the entire season he still tries to “sacrifice” himself you save you instead of tossing you in there and going after Clementine alone, or at least not sacrificing himself and pushing onwards to either help save her or go his own way. My argument wasn’t that the scenes took there times, my argument was that more effort was put into them than the few determinant scenes in S1. And I understood what you said, but they did take the easy way out technically, it doesn’t really take all that much effort to smash a couple character models in different locations, especially a location that appears non-determinantly (unlike TFS and Lou/Vi’s scenes, which actually did involve a location you’d never return to, being the hunting grounds) have the same outcome and a few different dialogue lines and then call it a day, especially with a game that is supposed to revolved around choices.

The only determinant characters who get to survive live for three episodes tops, the only ones being Doug or Carley, the rest only live for about one: Ben...actually I think that’s it ? as for Season 2 we have Nick and Pete. Choose to go with Pete, it don’t matter cos he dies anyway, and if you save Nick he lives for 2 other episodes and doesn’t have a role at all in either of them, he basically shows up in episode 3 just to be in a bed and have a few other lines here and there at there start, and he’s hardly in episode 4 cos he’s dead. Bonnie dies? Don’t matter cos if she lives she’ll leave the episode anyway, and you know why the dev’s did that. Sarah survives? Dies a few scenes later. My point being that S2, like S1, handled choices poorly. ANF probably did the best but choices were still poor. Conrad can actually survive the entire season if you save him, which was a first, you can also have other characters survive the entire season determinately, being Kate, Gabe and David, again which was a first. But there were still instances where they killed off characters almost instantly after they were determinant just cos they had nothing to do with them, similarly to the last 2 games, S4 was the same, but at least there were a good few determinant scenes and many determinant scenes, locations, and relationships.

I disagree, the lou/vi thing was rushed and it didn't even have a continuity. Such as no matter what your decisions are you can still choos

• Yep, it’s hard to see how the Kenny death was indicitive of more effort when it was really just two death scenes that would play out no matter what you do. Whereas Nick in season 2 has several deaths and Conrad in ANF not only has several deaths but I think he can survive from ep1 all the way to the end. Choices regarding them have more impact than the Kenny death... he goes no matter what and comes back in season 2 no matter what.

...the Kenny thing was rushed and had the same outcome. I mean lbh if you sided against him for the entire season he still tries to “sacrifi

• The Kenny thing was not rushed, the sacrifice made sense because it wasn't for Lee either way. One was for Ben (who Kenny now was trying to help because of guilt) the other was for Christa. I agree that ANF did an exellent job with Conrad as he didn't feel like Nick where he had basically nothing if he lives. Conrad was actively apart of the conversations (and like with badger he can beat him if he survives). However I still disagree with lou and vi. The hunting/fishing grounds were extremely short and once again it didn't matter who you picked. You could still romance the other person no matter what choice you made there. I still think you're misunderstanding me. In regards to choice matters I think S1 did it well in that not just your immediate choice but choices would carry over better. Such as in S1 when Kenny is deciding whether or not to go with Lee he balances every single choice Lee made (Ben does the same thing) in regards to him. What I meant was that I liked that some choices made all the way back in ep 1 or 2 would still affect the character in ep5. There's not much of that anymore other than with lou/vi. Even then only the big decision of who to save really makes a big difference.

...the Kenny thing was rushed and had the same outcome. I mean lbh if you sided against him for the entire season he still tries to “sacrifi

• Well...the Kenny thing was rushed. The dude legit killed his family and it took getting shouted at to have Kenny changed his mind, and I’m not quite sure if the grieving process quite works like that I’m afraid. Kenny would have to find the time to forgive him, it makes almost 0 sense to go from “drop him to his death” to “Ima go save him”. Hell, Kenny is a way bigger hot head than I am and even I stay mad at people after the smallest arguments, never mind if they killed my family. It really did feel like telltale wanted the same outcome so they included that scene outside of the mansion to hurry things along.

Btw, the hunting and fishing scenes were much longer than both of Kenny’s sacrifices combined.

But the choices from episode 1 did affect vi and Lou. There’s different dialogue, their screentime changes, physical appearance changes and all of that good stuff, with Kenny he hates you if you make the slightest slip up. Fr I sided with him for the entire game, aside from killing Larry and Ben, and he was still reluctant to come and help Clem with me, I legit had to say that she was family to convince him, which is a show of how big of a mess the Kenny point system was.

The Kenny thing was not rushed, the sacrifice made sense because it wasn't for Lee either way. One was for Ben (who Kenny now was trying to

• Also the thing about your choices mattering with Kenny towards the end is let down by the fact that it felt broken. We all talked about it years ago but that is something that really struck me on a replay of all seasons because it’s something that was massively improved in every other season. Kenny is like a guy with multiple personality disorder at many points in the story, hating Lee in one sentence and then acting like they are best buddies in the next. And when he makes the decision to go with Lee or not, he can say that Lee never had his back even though he did pretty much the entire time. So the intention may have been there but I don’t think it holds up as an example of it being done better because it was fundamentally broken.

By contrast, aside from one instance of Clem mentioning Lee as if for the first time after just mentioning him, there are really very few instances of the flow of conversation being broken in the other seasons the way it was on numerous occasions with Kenny. That’s something Telltale got way better at.

• The dude legit killed his family (not exactly). I don't think you understand what I mean by rushed. You have few conversations with lou/vi and you're expected to pick a romance partner based on, not much at all. What I meant by it not mattering which one you went with is that if you went fishing with vi you could still pick louis and vice versa. You could basically do all the vi choices but it still seemingly came down to that one choice in ep 2. I wish they had waited till ep 3 to have said choice over the romance option.

"Fr I sided with him for the entire game, aside from killing Larry and Ben, and he was still reluctant to come and help Clem with me, I legit had to say that she was family to convince him, which is a show of how big of a mess the Kenny point system was."

That's kind of my point though. He took everything you did (and yes Kenny is petty with it), not just one random choice. I still hold that in TFS there aren't characters who actually take everything you did in game under consideration when making a decision.

Well...the Kenny thing was rushed. The dude legit killed his family and it took getting shouted at to have Kenny changed his mind, and I’m n

• Yeah, but at the same time Kenny was kind of handled poorly in Season 2. After ep 3 them killing Sarita (once again in a rushed way if you decided not to cut her hand off) He flips between being nice to Clem and somehow blaming Clem for her death (even though if you killed the walker you really had nothing to do with her death but they basically wanted to keep the dialogue the same no matter what.

BeefJerkyX posted: »

Also the thing about your choices mattering with Kenny towards the end is let down by the fact that it felt broken. We all talked about it y

• True. So to conclude, Kenny is a crazy person.

Yeah, but at the same time Kenny was kind of handled poorly in Season 2. After ep 3 them killing Sarita (once again in a rushed way if you d

• Kenny is an emotional hypocrite.

• Try not to mistake pettiness with bad writing. Just because it’s the OG doesn’t mean it’s flawless.

The dude legit killed his family (not exactly). I don't think you understand what I mean by rushed. You have few conversations with lou/vi a

• Agreed, I never said it was, I believe in past videos I've pointed out flaws in the original game and things that didn't make sense. Such as the Stranger and Doug.

Try not to mistake pettiness with bad writing. Just because it’s the OG doesn’t mean it’s flawless.

• Why Doug?

Agreed, I never said it was, I believe in past videos I've pointed out flaws in the original game and things that didn't make sense. Such as the Stranger and Doug.

• You misspelled ANF Episode 1.5

Top 5 biggest mistakes of the series (In no particular order ) * ANF Episode One * ANF Episode Two * ANF Episode Three * ANF Episode Four * ANF Episode Five

• I want her to personally be dead

Why?

Joan as the main villain as she just disappears anyways

Not entirely sure I see the connection here.

but not in power

To be honest, from the way things were looking, she's almost certainly gonna get a demotion if she returns to the Delta.

killing off Edith

Oh yeah, that was definitely a waste.

3 Kenny returning in s2
    1 Giving Kenny the chance to possibly survive as I would have been pissed if he died no matter what

Egh

at least you have to two possible scenarios where you can leave him and not die.

One.

My top 5 opinions of mistakes made 5 no confirmation of whether christa is dead or not as I just want a confirmation cause I want her to pe

• One of the biggest differences with choosing Doug is the alarm system but it does nothing to stop the bandits in ep 3. That could have been a big difference maker but they really didn't take advantage of that.

Why Doug?

• LOL, nice.

God bless you.

• I meant to suggest or reply to a few more things, but thanks to the community being unexpectedly down for a few days, I honestly don't recall.

• Yeah, that was surprising to me that it was down. Good thing it came back.

I meant to suggest or reply to a few more things, but thanks to the community being unexpectedly down for a few days, I honestly don't recall.

• Yeah, I suppose that's fair to say.

Yeah, that was surprising to me that it was down. Good thing it came back.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.