The Walking Dead: Definitive Edition Discussion

Comments

• Same with me, Pre-ordered the definitive edition protector pack and want to know if shipping is even more.

AChicken posted: »

Can someone confirm if the U.S. gets free shipping on this or isn't charged tax? I'm trying to see if I can get the package shipped to a

• That's what I hear.

@RobertHirschko1 I have not played the second, but four was disappointing.

Oh?

@Wheres_Dinner People began labeling it as a GTA Ripoff, so they made the wacky transition we saw in 4

Technically, it started in The Third and went even crazier in 4.

Played 2 and 4. 2 was pretty good.

• Three as well.

People began labeling it as a GTA Ripoff, so they made the wacky transition we saw in 4

• It felt more of a DLC than a new game.

DabigRG posted: »

That's what I hear. @RobertHirschko1 I have not played the second, but four was disappointing. Oh? @Wheres_Dinner Peopl

• Does anyone know if there will be character re-models? I'd be fine either way, certain games look better based on design, not necessarily detail. If Skybound had no interest in doing re-models, I'd understand if they didn't want to spend money on that in an attempt to recooperate any loses, but the Definitive Edition won't be out for a long time... makes you wonder. Besides, Skybound made how much money off the Signature pack? I'd say they made their money back doing episode 4.

• No remodels, just s4 style shading and lighting

Does anyone know if there will be character re-models? I'd be fine either way, certain games look better based on design, not necessarily de

• Didn’t they only have 100 Signature packs for sale or have I got that wrong? It’s decent chunk of money but I don’t think it would have covered finishing ep3 and 4. Depends on how small the team was but it didn’t look tiny in the credits.

Does anyone know if there will be character re-models? I'd be fine either way, certain games look better based on design, not necessarily de

• Ep.3 was pretty much done. And signature packs over $300

BeefJerkyX posted: »

Didn’t they only have 100 Signature packs for sale or have I got that wrong? It’s decent chunk of money but I don’t think it would have covered finishing ep3 and 4. Depends on how small the team was but it didn’t look tiny in the credits.

• edited April 2019

They're going to polish the models to make them look better instead of creating them from scratch for each character. They're also going to add dynamic lighting and upgrade the gameplay experience such as "Character performances, lip syncing, and other gameplay and UI enhancement". They're also going to add the "black art" style from season four as well but I don't really know what this will look like, time will tell.

Also, unlike the collection, the definitive edition will also have the original menu styles and music.

• edited April 2019

I think games cost a lot more than you think they do. Even with all the assets existing and a bank of premade animations from other episodes, the money they made from the Signature packs would barely cover animation alone, never mind coding, QC and all other associated costs.

Edit: actually I forgot to factor in the costs of manufacturing what’s in the pack. Minus that, whatever it is, and the money made wouldn’t come close to paying for the animation costs.

Ep.3 was pretty much done. And signature packs over $300

• Well it’s not just shading and lighting, but yea those are the two biggest improvements.

No remodels, just s4 style shading and lighting

• Awesome

GBDillon posted: »

They're going to polish the models to make them look better instead of creating them from scratch for each character. They're also going to

• Sure, over 300,000 dollars in just a few hours is a good pay off IMO, seeing how Skybound and bits of Telltale only had to work on one episode together.

I think games cost a lot more than you think they do. Even with all the assets existing and a bank of premade animations from other episodes

• Wait... they sold 100 at 350. That’s 35,000 unless I’m missing something huge here. And whether you argue that’s a good payoff or not (it’s a long way off 300,000) even if it was pure profit, which it’s not, it won’t recoup their costs.

Sure, over 300,000 dollars in just a few hours is a good pay off IMO, seeing how Skybound and bits of Telltale only had to work on one episode together.

• It's free shipping, but there are 2 taxes they charge. I got the guardian pack and the total comes out to around $273

Can someone confirm if the U.S. gets free shipping on this or isn't charged tax? I'm trying to see if I can get the package shipped to a

• If you include all bundles they're probably going to make at least 100,000. I think that's minimum half as much as they need.

Wait... they sold 100 at 350. That’s 35,000 unless I’m missing something huge here. And whether you argue that’s a good payoff or not (it’s a long way off 300,000) even if it was pure profit, which it’s not, it won’t recoup their costs.

• *maximum

Ghetsis posted: »

If you include all bundles they're probably going to make at least 100,000. I think that's minimum half as much as they need.

• Yeah I hope so. Whatever they make is minus cost of course but I’d like to think they can recoup their costs with these. Not that Skybound is probably short of money...

Ghetsis posted: »

If you include all bundles they're probably going to make at least 100,000. I think that's minimum half as much as they need.

• Okay thanks.

I'll keep trying then, but if not... Ehhh I can wait for it to go solo...

MintBlue92 posted: »

It's free shipping, but there are 2 taxes they charge. I got the guardian pack and the total comes out to around $273

• edited April 2019

No problem.
    Why not just tell your relative to order it for you from their end and then sent it to you.
    Also who they have to pay for the shipping to Canada, which make it pointless to save your 180 maple dollars.

Okay thanks. I'll keep trying then, but if not... Ehhh I can wait for it to go solo...

• Yeah, but they're willing to pay for the shipping to Canada from their end so it's ok. (either that, or when they visit us up in Canada again -- who knows when -- no one would have to pay for shipping).

Unfortunately, I can't ship it to them either way. Whatever the case, I type in every detail of their address and phone number perfectly, yet the store says it can't ship to 'an invalid address'. So, I can't even get through the checkout process.
    I did find a customer service email so I'll be sure to contact Skybound and see what's going on with that.

No problem. Why not just tell your relative to order it for you from their end and then sent it to you. Also who they have to pay for the shipping to Canada, which make it pointless to save your 180 maple dollars.

• Oh shit, bro. I'd didn't realize I typed 300,000. I was barely awake when I was typing. Tagged on more zeros than I wanted. :D

Wait... they sold 100 at 350. That’s 35,000 unless I’m missing something huge here. And whether you argue that’s a good payoff or not (it’s a long way off 300,000) even if it was pure profit, which it’s not, it won’t recoup their costs.

• What part of the address did they said it's invalid? When you type in your address, does it pop up with any suggested addresses? If so, select one of those and then change it to yours. Try Microsoft Edge if you're running Win10 and see if that works.

Yeah, but they're willing to pay for the shipping to Canada from their end so it's ok. (either that, or when they visit us up in Canada agai

• You had me wondering if I had it wrong all the time! I tried it on a calculator and everything and couldn’t figure out where I might be getting it wrong. No worries.

Oh shit, bro. I'd didn't realize I typed 300,000. I was barely awake when I was typing. Tagged on more zeros than I wanted.

• When clicking the 'continue' button to get to the payment screen, it gives me an error box saying 'cannot ship to invalid address'. It doesn't say what's wrong, just a general error.

I even try the full address autofill the site uses when typing it in, and still nothing.
    I've sent them an email so maybe they can help me figure out what's wrong. Do they just not ship to Phoenix, Arizona? Is it something to do with the location of the house? Is it not in their database?
    :/

What part of the address did they said it's invalid? When you type in your address, does it pop up with any suggested addresses? If so, select one of those and then change it to yours. Try Microsoft Edge if you're running Win10 and see if that works.

• I just tried a random UPS stores address located in Phoenix Arizona and it works fine. It could be the house number or street name. Some other suggestions to try
    Your relative's next door neighbor's house number
    Type in the same address for billing

Clear your temporary internet files and cookies.

When clicking the 'continue' button to get to the payment screen, it gives me an error box saying 'cannot ship to invalid address'. It doesn

• I wonder since they're polishing the character models in the definitive edition, maybe they'll make alterations to the textures of certain characters in TNF. Like for example, the current Clem in TNF is a good model that looks like it's been coloured in via a very shiny felt tip pen. No variation at all unlike the other seasons.

• I’m hoping not because I actually like the variations in look across all the seasons. They’re all a little different and it gives them their own feel. And personally I reckon Clem looks great in ANF. I mean, it makes no sense that her skin could be so flawless given that her diet is probably atrocious and she’s going through puberty but as a contrast to the two seasons either side of it, I really like the look.

GBDillon posted: »

I wonder since they're polishing the character models in the definitive edition, maybe they'll make alterations to the textures of certain c

• Will it be on PC, thats what im wondering. I didnt read comments tho its just too much.

• It's on ps4, xbox one, and pc.

Bruno113 posted: »

Will it be on PC, thats what im wondering. I didnt read comments tho its just too much.

• Have you guys highly considered purchasing the Definitive Edition or do believe it to be a waste of your time?

• I already bought it. I got the cheapest one for £80 ($100) because honestly I dont care about the merch, but I got it as a little thanks to Skybound for finishing TFS at a loss. Also, the 10 hours of behind the scenes stuff you get with it looks cool and interesting.

Have you guys highly considered purchasing the Definitive Edition or do believe it to be a waste of your time?

• edited April 2019

Fair enough. I liked the ANF Clem model remake in TFS (from the ranch part) better than the original ANF Clem. It would be cool if it was possible to replace the model in the definitive edition but that would be too much work for Skybound im guessing. Its a shame imo, because if ANF gets this black art upgrade then the model might actually fit in quite well, especially since ANF had better graphics than S1 and S2. It just annoys me how some characters in ANF have silly flawless skin that makes them look so out of place at times. Admittedly its defo not the biggest issue with ANF but still.

I’m hoping not because I actually like the variations in look across all the seasons. They’re all a little different and it gives them their

• I'm really interested in this, especially the 3D model viewer with playable voice lines.

Even more digital bonuses: Music player that includes 40+ tracks across all seasons, art gallery, 3D model viewer with playable voice lines, and new 3D front end that still includes the original menus and music from all past seasons.

• That's a lotta shit I didn't know we're getting. Pretty awesome

I'm really interested in this, especially the 3D model viewer with playable voice lines. Even more digital bonuses: Music player that

• Yes, there is a lot more stuffs besides the game and merch. Can't wait for it to arrive sooner.

That's a lotta shit I didn't know we're getting. Pretty awesome

• When is it coming out?

• September, I believe

DabigRG posted: »

When is it coming out?

• Alrighty. I've got actually some extra money now, and, well... I'm kinda willing to get the Guardian Pack. Considering my relative's address still doesn't work, tax+shipping be damned I'm willing to take it.

What I do find weird is how getting to the shipping section of the checkout -- unless their website is bugged out, which it probably is -- Expedited is much cheaper than the Standard shipping (22$ vs 69$). Whatever the case it's coming in September so it doesn't matter that much in the long run, I think.

But yeah, I'm thinking about it and I feel like I'd be willing to get the Guardian pack. Never really owned a full statuesque collector's edition before, and most of what's in the basic pack doesn't really get me that excited.

• I hope you can sort this out. I've never really had shipping problems myself. Best of luck to ya

Alrighty. I've got actually some extra money now, and, well... I'm kinda willing to get the Guardian Pack. Considering my relative's address

Sign in to comment in this discussion.