The Walking Dead: Definitive Edition Discussion

Comments

• Welp I did it.
    I bought the Guardian Pack (the one with the statue and poster).
    Ended up being just over 400$ in the end so I know I'm not buying anything for the next two months.

Yay. I think. September can't come fast enough.

• It was $250 if I'm not mistaken

AChicken posted: »

Welp I did it. I bought the Guardian Pack (the one with the statue and poster). Ended up being just over 400$ in the end so I know I'm not buying anything for the next two months. Yay. I think. September can't come fast enough.

• edited May 2019

Hehehe... for you.
    Converted, that's 350$ Canadian, my dude. Add to that ~60$ of tax and shipping and you've got yourself a college student who has no sense of self-preservation.

:blush: don't worry i'm all good

It was $250 if I'm not mistaken

• Lol

AChicken posted: »

Hehehe... for you. Converted, that's 350$ Canadian, my dude. Add to that ~60$ of tax and shipping and you've got yourself a college student who has no sense of self-preservation. don't worry i'm all good

• Finally got the pre-order. I chos moe to get the Guardian Pack. Never bought a Collector's pack of anything before and never really wanted to. But I'm a big Walking Dead fan, so what the hell, right? Have you guys bought the pre-order? If so, what kind? We're you lucky enough to get the Signature pack?

• I ordered the Guardian pack. By the time I knew that these packs were on sale the signature packs were already sold out :­(. Shame, I would have bought one.

Finally got the pre-order. I chos moe to get the Guardian Pack. Never bought a Collector's pack of anything before and never really wanted t

• Yeah, Signature sold out within hours of announcement

I ordered the Guardian pack. By the time I knew that these packs were on sale the signature packs were already sold out :­(. Shame, I would have bought one.

• edited May 2019

Skybound has added rosie pin to the collection. It will be included in all existing pre-orders and future pre-orders.

• Finally got the pre-order. I chos moe to get the Guardian Pack. Never bought a Collector's pack of anything before and never really wanted to. But I'm a big Walking Dead fan, so what the hell, right? Have you guys bought the pre-order or not. If you haven't but want to, you'd better hurry.

• edited May 2019

You chos moe, why not Homer. :D
    They said pre-orders ends the month of May, but I have a feeling it might get extended or they are going to end it on the cut-off date and, then resell it at later time frame.

Finally got the pre-order. I chos moe to get the Guardian Pack. Never bought a Collector's pack of anything before and never really wanted t

• That’s pretty cool. Is there any pictures of it?

MintBlue92 posted: »

Skybound has added rosie pin to the collection. It will be included in all existing pre-orders and future pre-orders.

• edited May 2019
  • Honestly it looks pretty bad. Looks like someone used the cutout filter on photoshop lmao

• I like how the first tweet is four different images entirely.

Also, sick of so much brown? Well here's cyan!

Vaxij posted: »

Skybound just dropped the first few screens of the Definitive Edition. https://twitter.com/skyboundgames/status/1132088897595478016 https://twitter.com/skyboundgames/status/1132089146732949504

• It just looks like a change of filter to me, to a more black-white-ish approach, but makes it look less alive for some reason. It feels more "real" in the original ones.

• So. Once again I pre-ordered a collection of TWD Games so I can like the exclusive content more than the actual game. Yay.

• edited May 2019

Yeah, that doesn't look that good. But whatever, I'm not buying it anyway.

• This ain't it chief, agian.

• Hopefully you can turn it off. Come on, they've got until September, should be able to add that change. Like, it's bearable and pretty new in the first 2 seasons, but ANF looks even worse than it already does.

Skybound just dropped the first few screens of the Definitive Edition. https://twitter.com/skyboundgames/status/1132088897595478016 https://twitter.com/skyboundgames/status/1132089146732949504

• Holy shit, I just noticed that smoke in Conrad's bar basically blends in to envelope the entire room.

• First tweet

Ummm…

Second tweet

Double umm...

• edited May 2019

Is the definitive edition being sold separately, so without all that "merch" nobody cares about besides that Lee and Clem statue?

• Yes.

Is the definitive edition being sold separately, so without all that "merch" nobody cares about besides that Lee and Clem statue?

• Enjoy. ?

Nice!

• Yeah it would be nice to think it would be optional especially if it is a filter rather than a retexture, which I imagine it has to be given the amount of work involved if it is much more than that. I don’t hate it and I definitely got used to the look in The Final Season but I prefer how each season looked before.

Ghetsis posted: »

Hopefully you can turn it off. Come on, they've got until September, should be able to add that change. Like, it's bearable and pretty new in the first 2 seasons, but ANF looks even worse than it already does.

• I personally think that the graphic change is a huge improvement. Except maybe in ANF, I actually preferred the original for some reason.

• Considering you actually like the game, that's understandable.

Melton23 posted: »

I personally think that the graphic change is a huge improvement. Except maybe in ANF, I actually preferred the original for some reason.

• I agree. I really like new graphics in s1 and s2 but when it comes to new frontier i prefer to stay the same, it looks so scuffed. I'd even play it all over again with these new improvments.

Melton23 posted: »

I personally think that the graphic change is a huge improvement. Except maybe in ANF, I actually preferred the original for some reason.

• I like the improvements, even for ANF. ANF was always to colorful and never really looked like a WD game to me. I like how the shader tones down that obnoxious color.

• You know I was just thinking of something. Is rewind in the definitive edition for season 3 and 4? If not they should definitely add that in.

• If they remove the rewind from S1 and 2 people are gonna go nuts.

You know I was just thinking of something. Is rewind in the definitive edition for season 3 and 4? If not they should definitely add that in.

• And if they add rewind?

If they remove the rewind from S1 and 2 people are gonna go nuts.

• Fan appreciation, but praise is unlikely

DabigRG posted: »

And if they add rewind?

• I wish the Definitive Edition has something like a Discovery Mode, where Walkers won't attack, and you get to explore other parts of the game. Adding commentaries to certain areas, will be a nice touch, tell the player a bit of a backstory, about that specific part, such as an alternative version that never made the cut, or who's idea was it, to add certain things into the game.

• That would be really cool.

MintBlue92 posted: »

I wish the Definitive Edition has something like a Discovery Mode, where Walkers won't attack, and you get to explore other parts of the gam

• Yes it would be. Both Valve and Ubisoft did something like that with their game. Valve added that commentary feature into Portal 2, getting to certain areas of the game, there is an audio recording, telling a backstory. Ubisoft did that with Assassins Creed Origins, turning the game, into a interactive ancient history museum on Egypt.

https://kotaku.com/discovery-mode-turns-assassins-creed-origins-into-a-mu-1823166019

DabigRG posted: »

That would be really cool.

• Jesus, the colors bleed into each other way much. It's a bad combination of a blue filter, contrast, and brightness.

• edited May 2019

Today is the last day to get one of those The Walking Dead Definitive Edition collection. I'm wondering why they set the pre-order deadline on May 31, 2019, when the items won't even start shipping out until 4 months later in September. Does it really take that long to get everything sorted for it to ship out. The other thing is, are they actually taking orders in first, and then make them, so they don't over do it and have them over stock.
    Most manufactures won't make what you've requested unless you reach a certain limit. We do know there will be 100 signature edition orders, but the way I see it, 100 is too small of an amount, from a manufactures point of view, to even consider taking that type of request. I was expecting at least 500 or 1,000.
    For the items that were not sold, where happens to them, are they place in storage forever, or destroyed and then recycles to make something new. What about Nintendo Switch users, are they left out of getting one of these Definitive Editions, or their version will have different set of collectables. Because to stop selling right now, and then reintroduce it back for the Nintendo Switch does not seem to be a pretty smart business move, that's like lying to the customer saying it's out of stock, while in reality it's still in stock, just now it's being sold for a different platform, even though the items are exactly the same.
    What about those who are still trying to save up, are they out of luck because May 31, 2019 is the last day to pre-order it. I do wish Skybound would just take out this dead line, and just keep on selling it until it actually runs out.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.