The Walking Dead: Definitive Edition Discussion

Comments

• I personally think it looks like shit but i'm not buying anyway so my opinion doesn't matter i guess.

• Did you see the extra stuff that comes with it?

iFoRias posted: »

I personally think it looks like shit but i'm not buying anyway so my opinion doesn't matter i guess.

• I don't think so,what is it ?

DabigRG posted: »

Did you see the extra stuff that comes with it?

• Concept art and audio commentary to go into the development processes. There's also a model viewer with voice clips and alternate outfits.

iFoRias posted: »

I don't think so,what is it ?

• Oh yeah now i remember the audio commentary is interesting and the concept art i guess.

DabigRG posted: »

Concept art and audio commentary to go into the development processes. There's also a model viewer with voice clips and alternate outfits.

• edited June 2019

Pre-orders are still going even though they said May 31, 2019 was the last day. Both Signature and Guardian edition are sold out. All that's left is the Protector Edition.
    edit: They've extended pre-order date for Protector Edition to June 15th, 2019.

• The Walking Dead Definitive Series is going to have all near-150 music tracks to listen to within the menu.

• I thought the only had like 8 songs and just a few themes. But 150 tracks? Damn...

AChicken posted: »

The Walking Dead Definitive Series is going to have all near-150 music tracks to listen to within the menu. https://twitter.com/TheWalkingDead/status/1141794985299234816

• And that are also available on YouTube... :D

The Walking Dead Definitive Series is going to have all near-150 music tracks to listen to within the menu. https://twitter.com/TheWalkingDead/status/1141794985299234816

• Skybound has to justify their prices somehow ?

And that are also available on YouTube...

• True, but I'll give credit where it's sorta due.

And that are also available on YouTube...

• edited June 2019

More screenshots. The last one is - I think - from S4. I think this looks much better than that cyan S3 screenshot from awhile ago, eventhough I didn't hated it since S3 is probably the most generic looking game of the series.

• Don't forget to keep in mind - these screenshots aren't the final product. They're still be worked on. We'll see the final product when gameplay is released

GSSalvador posted: »

https://www.twitter.com/TWDGameNews/status/1144848963201355776 More screenshots. The last one is - I think - from S4. I think this look

• Well, some gameplay has finally been released. Looks good

• Yeah, bought it as a birthday gift for my sister but I might get an extra Xbox copy if this game turns out to look and play pretty well. Maybe a Playstation version also?

• For sure

Yeah, bought it as a birthday gift for my sister but I might get an extra Xbox copy if this game turns out to look and play pretty well. Maybe a Playstation version also?

• edited July 2019

The standalone edition is now up for pre-order
    https://www.skybound.com/telltales-the-walking-dead-the-definitive-series

• at 0:24 look at Andy and his shoes

MintBlue92 posted: »

The standalone edition is now up for pre-order https://www.skybound.com/telltales-the-walking-dead-the-definitive-series

• Edition Not Defnitive

• What about his shoes, them Yeezys :D

Ghetsis posted: »

at 0:24 look at Andy and his shoes

• More like Graphic Grey.

MintBlue92 posted: »

The standalone edition is now up for pre-order https://www.skybound.com/telltales-the-walking-dead-the-definitive-series

• Looks a bit enhanced, but personally not worth repurchasing.

• edited July 2019

If you don't like Graphic Black you can switch to Normal.

• edited July 2019

@Chibikid How about this? New Screenshots of Season 2 and Michonne.

• I actually think it looks pretty good.

• Does the black revert to its original color when you get close to it like TFS?

• Probably.

Does the black revert to its original color when you get close to it like TFS?

• Cool - wonder how that will look

patrickrc95 posted: »

Probably.

• Recommend editing this comment

• edited July 2019

I need to see more before I buy, but it seems to like it would fluctuate a lot. Some scenes will look great with this effect, others won't. Seems like season 1 and 2 fit it better than michonne and ANF do since they were already intended to have a comic-book look.
    The music track thing is pretty cool.
    If it has the ones that never got released/uploaded on youtube. (ie the music that plays after lee kills fivel, or the music that plays when clem sees her zombie parents) that would be a selling point for me.

• Fivel?

Louche posted: »

I need to see more before I buy, but it seems to like it would fluctuate a lot. Some scenes will look great with this effect, others won't.

• edited July 2019

I think s/he meant Fee Fivel Fum :D

Fivel?

• He means the child walker Kenny couldn't bring himself to kill.

Fivel?

• Not that I have paid attention before, but it seems the PC version of TWD Definitive Edition is missing.
    When clicking on the link below
    https://www.skybound.com/telltales-the-walking-dead-the-definitive-series
    it shows "PC/Epic Games". Click on the Pre-order it only shows for PS4 and XBox One. On the bottom of that page, it only says

Platforms: Xbox One, PlayStation 4
    Release Date: September 10th

Going to the Epic Store, the Definitive Edition isn't there, only the standard ones.
    https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/collection/the-walking-dead-collection

• edited August 2019

Here we go! TWD Definitive Series is now avaliable for digital pre-orders! We've got just over a month until its out.. I'm excited!

(PS4 users can once again get an exclusive theme (Clementine's Treehouse) for pre-ordering.)

As for NINTENDO SWITCH:

Additionally, Skybound Games will rerelease the second and third seasons of the series—The Walking Dead: Season Two and The Walking Dead: A New Frontier—on Nintendo Switch via the Nintendo eShop on September 10, letting Nintendo fans download each of the four The Walking Dead seasons with new graphic black enhancements and many other improvements individually.

• Looks good. Some people might still need more convincing, but I feel that the new design will be more welcome and appreciated once people get used to it.

Here we go! TWD Definitive Series is now avaliable for digital pre-orders! We've got just over a month until its out.. I'm excited! (

• That's the Amid the Ruins trailer music, isn't it?
    That animation of Lee and AJ is great.

Here we go! TWD Definitive Series is now avaliable for digital pre-orders! We've got just over a month until its out.. I'm excited! (

• edited August 2019

So the Nintendo Switch will just continue to get season updates for the game with the graphic black, instead of a bundle pack called The Definitive Edition. And from the looks of it, they're not getting the bonus contents.
    There is one problem with the Switch, it's internal storage is only 32GB, where I've heard about 6-8GB is reserved for the Switch OS, so that leaves with 24GB of available storage space for games. The entire TWD collection including the 400 Days DLC is much bigger than what the Switch offers.
    RIP

• God damn it, I really don't know if I should buy it. I mean the graphics and everything look great and it would be cool to have all the seasons in one game but still... why should I spend so much money for something I already have just in another version? Man this sucks

• To give Skybound an Incentive to make more.

God damn it, I really don't know if I should buy it. I mean the graphics and everything look great and it would be cool to have all the seas

Sign in to comment in this discussion.