The Walking Dead: Definitive Edition Discussion

1234568»

Comments

• You guys to realized that ship September 10 does not mean you get it on September 10, it's mostly the end of the week or sometime next week.

• That's what I'm thinking. Skybound is smart, making us think they're finishing TWD when really they know they can make back a good amount of the money with the Definitive Edition. It's so dumb, "oeeh, we have to sell something else, what do we do?" "oeeeh, I know, how about we repackage the full series all over again?" "why would people buy that?" "Visual improvements!" "heh heh, graphic black filter, gotcha". There's no reason to do it again and it feels so lame when they're passing this as something 'definitive' when most of the time it looks worse and it's just really unnecessary.

iFoRias posted: »

Pretty much this. And what's the point of improving S1 and S2 when these two seasons don't need to be improved in the first fucking place. and S3 still looks like shit even with the improvements anyway i swear this game is unsalvageable lmao

• Make characters darker

Ya see, that's what we call 'graphic black'

AronDracula posted: »

Telltale's remaster logic = make characters darker, make the background lighter

• Looks like Skybound like my suggestion or someone over there also had the same idea. Awesome!

Adding commentaries to certain areas, will be a nice touch, tell the player a bit of a backstory, about that specific part, such as an alternative version that never made the cut, or who's idea was it, to add certain things into the game.

https://community.telltale.com/discussion/123615/the-walking-dead-definitive-edition-discussion/p5

• I hope they do more of this cut content stuff. Especially for S2. S2’s “Original Story” has always been an interesting topic on these forums.

MintBlue92 posted: »

Looks like Skybound like my suggestion or someone over there also had the same idea. Awesome! Adding commentaries to certain areas, wi

• Yeah, I heard a lot has changed for Season 2 before it was finally released, like there was a specific scene that's only available for the playstation but it was later patched.

I hope they do more of this cut content stuff. Especially for S2. S2’s “Original Story” has always been an interesting topic on these forums.

• That involved Mike.

Yeah, I heard a lot has changed for Season 2 before it was finally released, like there was a specific scene that's only available for the playstation but it was later patched.

• Getting shot

DabigRG posted: »

That involved Mike.

• edited August 2019

@DabigRG @Wheres_Dinner
    I was hoping both you guys didn't mentioned it, which is why I was vague about it in my post. Some never know about it and would be a surprise if they know it the first time, when playing the bonus contents in the game.
    Now they won't be surprised anymore. :'( :D

• Is it even confirmed to be included in the bonus content? There's a chance it won't be since it was originally a PlayStation exclusive scene. Plus, the Mike scene has been discussed before. There's even a clip of it on YouTube. You could make the argument the inclusion of the scene in the bonus content no longer holds revelency since The Walking Dead is over.

@DabigRG @Wheres_Dinner I was hoping both you guys didn't mentioned it, which is why I was vague about it in my post. Some never know abo

• When he/she says 'playstation exclusive scene' it wasn't actually playstation exclusive, it just turned out that they forgot to patch out a scene on the PS3 version when it released. It isn't there anymore, I think.

Is it even confirmed to be included in the bonus content? There's a chance it won't be since it was originally a PlayStation exclusive scene

• ...Oops. :blush:

@DabigRG @Wheres_Dinner I was hoping both you guys didn't mentioned it, which is why I was vague about it in my post. Some never know abo

• What the hell happened to this place? Some of the most toxic and negative shit I've seen on the forums since ANF except this time the hate is undeserved.

• Beats me, man. One time I asked someone to have an open mind and see something he/she disagrees with a different perspective. He/she replied with a paragraph of negativity and animosity towards me. We're living in a strange world.

What the hell happened to this place? Some of the most toxic and negative shit I've seen on the forums since ANF except this time the hate is undeserved.

• Seriously it's toxic as fuck around here. A big circle jerk of people shitting on the definitive edition for the weakest reasons. It's embarrassing.

Beats me, man. One time I asked someone to have an open mind and see something he/she disagrees with a different perspective. He/she replied with a paragraph of negativity and animosity towards me. We're living in a strange world.

• A lot of people judge games without playin them and movies without seeing them. It's fucking absurd. A few months ago there was a thread just purely shitting on TFS. I made a thread defending -- clearly stating only positivity was welcome. Wasn't surprised when people came from the hate thread to mine just to make the same points over and over again.

Seriously it's toxic as fuck around here. A big circle jerk of people shitting on the definitive edition for the weakest reasons. It's embarrassing.

• Oh, hey.
    Um, what do you mean?

What the hell happened to this place? Some of the most toxic and negative shit I've seen on the forums since ANF except this time the hate is undeserved.

• Oh, hey.
    What I mean is that the forums have basically nobody here at this point but the people that are here seem to enjoy talking shit about Skybound and the definitive edition, similar to how the forums were back when ANF released. The difference is that Telltale deserved the ANF hate while Skybound/DE don't deserve the hate. Skybound literally saved the series and they're offering the DE which is a complete fan service with tons of bonus content, all of the soundtracks, and updated graphics. And all the people bitching about the graphic black visuals conveniently forget that you can literally turn them off if you don't like them.

DabigRG posted: »

Oh, hey. Um, what do you mean?

• Oh. I've mainly just been poking my head in because of @Feedingfrenzy91's character reviews and the occasional other post, so I admittedly having been paying much attention to everything. Especially what's been said on the previous page of this thread.
    Eh, it's not absolute.

Oh, hey. What I mean is that the forums have basically nobody here at this point but the people that are here seem to enjoy talking shit ab

• Agreed, ever since I got back into my account, I have stayed away from the Forums a lot of the time because of how much people complain and use some of the most ridiculous reasons known to man over why they don't like it. Makes me wonder if they actually enjoy anything or view anything in a positive way...

Seriously it's toxic as fuck around here. A big circle jerk of people shitting on the definitive edition for the weakest reasons. It's embarrassing.

• Or they finished The Walking Dead because it is their flagship Series? Not everything is a big conspiracy or some grand master plan to make money. And that is how you view their meetings over what they can do with The Walking Dead? That doesn't really make them sound smart, which is something you said fairly early into your comment.

Can I ask why is there such strong animosity towards a Complete Series Collection packed with lots of bonus features, not only the addition of the Graphic Black artstyle? You aren't obligated to buy it, I am not forcing you, nobody is, but speaking about it in such a way really undermines the effort put into The Definitive Series, it ruins the buzz surrounding it. If you don't like, don't buy it, but chatting shit about it isn't going to suddenly make you like it or solve anything. Don't ruin it for the genuine fans who are genuinely excited for it mate...

Ghetsis posted: »

That's what I'm thinking. Skybound is smart, making us think they're finishing TWD when really they know they can make back a good amount of

• And? Is that really an actual problem? The background appears lighter so the Graphic Black can shine, you can see the solid appearance of the car behind Lilly.

AronDracula posted: »

Telltale's remaster logic = make characters darker, make the background lighter

• Same here, I think it could be touched upon, given that they revealed a Rejected Draft Ending.

I hope they do more of this cut content stuff. Especially for S2. S2’s “Original Story” has always been an interesting topic on these forums.

• Weak reasons? What are the weak reasons?

• Yes, it's just an opinion. "This doesn't look nice to me. Sometimes the filter looks good but sometimes it looks bad." "Toxic mofos Skybound saved the series you ungrateful fucks!!11" At the end of the day, people who want to spend their money on this and support skybound will definitely do so anyway. And those who didn't want to, won't spend money on it, because it doesn't live up to their expectations. But that's okay, people are welcome to talk about why they won't be spending money on a product on a forum, it's not toxic behaviour, it's just how they feel.

Oh, hey. What I mean is that the forums have basically nobody here at this point but the people that are here seem to enjoy talking shit ab

• I'm fine with them doing this. I think it's a good idea from a business perspective and for the fans. What they're doing with the bonus content is brilliant. I don't think of it as a conspiracy, rather I'm dissapointed in myself for not thinking about how Skybound would do this game. I thought they would only finish TFS and be done with it, but doing the definitive edition is smart and I'm stupid for not thinking about it, but you can't really blame me because Telltale TWD would essentially become Skyrim because of how many times it's would be re-released. I also respect the effort that went into this game. I am eternally thankful for Skybound saving the series and then giving jobs to ex-Telltale employees. I'm just saying, the game sometimes looks ugly. The only real slight animosity I have towards the game is that.

If you want to buy it then buy it. I'm not trying to ruin fans' experiences.

Or they finished The Walking Dead because it is their flagship Series? Not everything is a big conspiracy or some grand master plan to make

• Its re-selling the same game again for the third time with not that much bonus content. The biggest is the graphic black which looks like no real care was put into it and they put a filter on it, then behind the scenes videos which you can just google, and then a model viewer. Most games these days just release with concept art bonus's and behind the scenes, its far from a great feature to include with a re-release when its pretty standard in the first place. It feels lazy because the biggest change is the graphic black which feels like they threw it on to give any real reason to buy it just so they can re-sell the same game again, again.

• I mean, the soundtrack, concept art, and developer commentaries are undoubtedly the coolest shizz in this by far.

I'm just not sure I'll actually get it.

• Not that much bonus content? Have you not been keeping up with what it will include? A Music Player, Dev Commentary, A Documentary, Concept Art Gallery, Character Gallery, and updated graphics. How is that not good enough? How isn't that a lot?

To say that no real care was put into it is quite a ridiculous thing to say, like, these are the same people who worked on past Seasons of The Walking Dead, as well as The Final Season. You are calling them lazy, even though they go into work every day to develop video games, which are not easy to make. Seriously?

Have you developed a game? Do you have the inside scoop on what goes on in the Telltale Offices while they develop the game? While it may be the norm for other games to include all of those bonus features, the fact of the matter is that it is a first for something under the Telltale name (at least, as far as I know), so that in itself is worthy of praise.

And wow, you say that The Definitive Series is lazy because one of its biggest features is Graphic Black? Put yourself in their shoes for just a single day, you'll see they are far from lazy.

Poogers555 posted: »

Its re-selling the same game again for the third time with not that much bonus content. The biggest is the graphic black which looks like no

Sign in to comment in this discussion.