New Telltale Leaks from Reddit - TWD S5, TWAU S2, TFTB Redux.

Okay guys, today a person dropped a shit-bomb of 'leaks' on TFTB TWD and TWAU. I'll leave the reddit thing here.
https://old.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/gklgp8/tales_from_the_borderlands_redux_the_wolf_among/
We've also got a change in SteamDB in Tales From the Borderlands from 18 days ago!

Comments

• Steam Database does probably mean it will return to stores soon though.

• Hopefully we get Redux, I am hyped for tftb to return at all.

Poogers555 posted: »

Steam Database does probably mean it will return to stores soon though.

• It'll return one day, but it won't be Redux.

Hopefully we get Redux, I am hyped for tftb to return at all.

• I wonder why there have been so many Telltale "leaks" lately. I didn't think the gaming community at large cared enough about it to go through the effort of faking them, but it feels like we get new ones almost every month.

• TWD S5 (Rumored title: A Fatal Frontier)

Lol, god please no. Why do people keep making this "rumour" of another continuation. Clem lived through the sheer power of plot armour, and that's probably the best place to leave it.

• edited May 2020

Clem lived through the sheer power of having an obnoxious fanbase that acts like TWD is the only game Telltale has ever made. Go on any Telltale discussion on twitter or reddit and there's always several people who keep begging for a season five, like they didn't get their definitive ending. Even whenever nuTelltale makes a post on twitter I still see a few "WE NEED TWD S5!!!" comments among all the ones begging for Batman s3 and Wolf 2. I wouldn't be surprised if they're heard and Skybound ends up catering to them, but I don't believe a word of this Fatal Frontier crap. I can believe Redux if only because no one afaik has come up with a suitable explanation for the trailer and gameplay footage that was posted, plus now the steam files are getting tampered with by Gearbox so something is up with it, but this just reads like some Javier or Kenny fan's fanfic.

AChicken posted: »

TWD S5 (Rumored title: A Fatal Frontier) Lol, god please no. Why do people keep making this "rumour" of another continuation. Clem lived through the sheer power of plot armour, and that's probably the best place to leave it.

• edited May 2020

I'm gonna go with fake again for a few reasons.

• In the achievements list there's an achievement called "Their Skag Skin." Grammatically it should be "They're Skag Skin."
    • It seems to retcon Felix into just being alive somehow past the time travel shenanigans regardless of whether or not he blew up in your game.
    • In fact, throughout the whole thing you'll notice that the writer completely avoids talking about choices in any of the games to the point that he makes up a entirely new game (TWD S5) saying that choices are completely gone.
    • The only thing this guy has ever got right was that Wolf 2 exists. That's literally it. He's been wrong about everything else.
  • Skybound have said that they aren't continuing The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series, there are several statements that support this:

Ian Howe, The CEO of Skybound Games: "I’ll clarify. We have no current plans to directly carry on this series. Will we tell more stories in TWD universe? probably, but we don’t have any solid plans at the moment."

Chris Rebbert, Supervising Director of The Walking Dead: The Final Season:
    "Here we are at the end of an era.
    The Walking Dead: The Telltale Definitive Series has just been released and just like that The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series will be laid to its third and final rest. Its surreal to me that this is all coming to an end as my own personal journey with this series is a long and emotional one."

Just the other day they responded to a fan tweet asking for a Season Five with a GIF saying "No", so it's clear as day they do not want to continue the Series.

I love The Walking Dead, but it had a perfect Ending, I don't think more Seasons are necessary, I will say in the very off chance this ever became a thing, I won't be the typical, childish, toxic bloke chatting shit about Skybound like others would, but I think, and I am absolutely certain that Skybound thinks so too, based off the comments I shared above, that the Series deserves to be laid to rest, it was great while we had it, it was great, but everything does meet an Ending

• Lol, that's fake af. I like the idea of optional achievements though.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Wow, I didn't think these could get any more fake, but here we are.

• It's probably the same few people lol

booper posted: »

I wonder why there have been so many Telltale "leaks" lately. I didn't think the gaming community at large cared enough about it to go through the effort of faking them, but it feels like we get new ones almost every month.

• Why even care to do such "leaks" now? The timing is odd.

• 100% fake. Don’t even need to look at it to know that, but the idea of making a S5 after calling the previous game THE FINAL SEASON should be a red flag.

• The YouTube cretins have begun milking the tits off this rumour, and plenty of people have unfortunately bought into it

• "The Final Season of Clementine's Story" is the nonsensical response I've received from those who I've explained that to :joy:

100% fake. Don’t even need to look at it to know that, but the idea of making a S5 after calling the previous game THE FINAL SEASON should be a red flag.

• edited May 2020

I know this is fake but Telltale if you ever consider abandoning the "decisions" aspect of your games or making a certain decision canon I'm suing 😌✌️

• Tell that to movie franchises like Friday the 13th and Nightmare one Elm Street.

100% fake. Don’t even need to look at it to know that, but the idea of making a S5 after calling the previous game THE FINAL SEASON should be a red flag.

• tfw have the power to end this right now. But is it worth the cost?

• This post made me of those "Wario is Dying" memes, of all things.

I say no, because it's so obviously fake.

tfw have the power to end this right now. But is it worth the cost?

• Yes InGen, I agree. No need to pay the price when most people already know

This post made me of those "Wario is Dying" memes, of all things. I say no, because it's so obviously fake.

• After watching Dons Video about a possible chance of a season 5 or a some sort I don’t want to rush with emotion at this point even though as to what I heard about Kenny being in the game was high hopes but we can only wait and see.

• I already let TWD go and ready to move on to future TTG titles. But now they are bringing Old characters back, even retconning a significant death in the series? That's pretty hard to believe. Secondly, why Kenny? They could've brought back Christa instead. Right as the darkest part in her history hit she disappeared without having any sort of closure over it whatsoever. Kennys story arc was already complete with Spoilers: sacrificing his life for the family that was given to him.

The way he died was pretty mediocre, but it wasn't bad enough to warrant reversing his death. And also, Why would we want Kenny to potentially see Gabe? That sounds like a war crime.

If only the TWD meme thread was still open, @poogers555

After watching Dons Video about a possible chance of a season 5 or a some sort I don’t want to rush with emotion at this point even though as to what I heard about Kenny being in the game was high hopes but we can only wait and see.

• It would've been better if they ran into Christa or both her and Kenny I sceptical about this since I've put my mind on other games/Netflix and such.

I already let TWD go and ready to move on to future TTG titles. But now they are bringing Old characters back, even retconning a significant

• Imagine if Season 5 was real and they were gonna pull the same move from A New Frontier. Killing Kate, Gabe and David at the beginning.

That is something I would NEVER complain and instead, it would be a huge highlight.

• It's been heavily implied by you for a while now, but... I still gotta ask

It's you who made that Redux leak isn't it?

tfw have the power to end this right now. But is it worth the cost?

• edited May 2020

Man, the Walking Dead Game subreddit is really eating this leak up. I kinda get why -- since the longer we go without a new Telltale TWD, the more they drift into obsolescence -- but really... the game series has run its course, and frankly it doesn't sound real. (Kenny is back, cool, but that disregards 3 other "fan-favourite" endings. It's just a normal game, not episodic. No mention of how or when Skybound started making this thing -- is it the Telltale Tool? -- and it's not a choice-based game. So... what's the point of it? How does it play? Is it no longer a cinematic narrative?)

[cue me, patiently waiting for this to be real]

• edited May 2020

I don’t get it either. tbh, that side of Telltale fandom has always put me off. They had four games and a spin-off — more than any other IP in Telltale’s catalog had. Maybe they’re just not used to not being the center of attention anymore, but they’ve always struck me as really entitled and kind of only in it for TWDG. Which is....fine, I guess, a lot of us have our favorite games, but to criticize Telltale for being too reliant on brand milking and shit on them only to turn around and beg them to do the same thing that drove them into the grave is all kinds of stupid.

Clem got her big happy ending. The staff literally defied the closure of their studio to give it to them. ffs, be happy that you got your game and move on.

AChicken posted: »

Man, the Walking Dead Game subreddit is really eating this leak up. I kinda get why -- since the longer we go without a new Telltale TWD, th

• edited May 2020

i dont really want to argue for these leaks but, do we even know if Felix s death isnt bullshit? I mean he says he swapped the money in the case to the caravan when he ´´lives´´ (before his episode 1 ´´death´´) so how do we know he dint fake his death and go into hiding? Its not like Fiona knows there s still a Felix to contact, so they d never know the 9 million was on the wreckage either, Still this is as fake as Final season Pirate Javi.

lupinb0y posted: »

I'm gonna go with fake again for a few reasons. * In the achievements list there's an achievement called "Their Skag Skin." Grammatical

• afaik Felix appears in DLC for BL2 so he would have had to canonically survive Tales.

UrbanRodrik posted: »

i dont really want to argue for these leaks but, do we even know if Felix s death isnt bullshit? I mean he says he swapped the money in the

• I feel like it'd be kind of hard to fake blowing yourself up in public, but it is Borderlands so who knows.

i dont really want to argue for these leaks but, do we even know if Felix s death isnt bullshit? I mean he says he swapped the money in the

• Check the reddit post; apparently Skybound got involved to say that the leaks are fake and they’re going to make an official twitter statement later today.

• I find it funny they had to de-confirm this two times, and not even a week from each other. lmao

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

Confirmed fake https://twitter.com/skyboundgames/status/1262458027820691457

• edited May 2020

Honestly surprised only one person called out the spelling/grammar mistake in the achievements thing posted. I mean... fellas... seemed a bit obvious it wasn't real for that alone I would say.

• What an unexpected twist. :^)

• Nah, Cassius appears in the DLC, not Felix.

booper posted: »

afaik Felix appears in DLC for BL2 so he would have had to canonically survive Tales.

• Iirc he was supposed to survive and show up later no matter what, claiming that he switched the bomb with a flashbang or something. Of course that wouldn't make him immune to bullets, so my headcanon is that he's dead only in the scenario where Fiona shot him, because that was the only thing he didn't expect her to do. (and it really doesn't make sense he'd just blew himself up if he knew about the bomb, lol)

• Yup thats correct, they were going to make him show up in the jail cells in episode 4 no matter what revealing he used a flashbang to fake his death. However I think if you shot him he may have been truly dead. As far as I know theres nothing in the files for a situation where he explains how he didnt get shot. (but ircc Fiona does mention she is "sorry for shooting you" so who knows.)

Pipas posted: »

Iirc he was supposed to survive and show up later no matter what, claiming that he switched the bomb with a flashbang or something. Of cours

• Cheers for that lad, to add to your comment, a Skybound employee entered the reddit comments and explained it not being in development, I'll copy and paste his comment:

"Hey guys, Brian from Skybound. Not true. Not sure who made this up but NO SEASON 5 is development. We usually let speculation fly because it's part of the fun, but since press is picking this up we'll actually be posting from SkyboundGames twitter in a bit. We don't want a ton of confused/disappointed fans."

I'm NotZombies on twitter, and here's a (now really old) proof post on the Skybound site for me: https://www.skybound.com/comics/the-walking-dead/proof-post

The link below is simply a confirmation of his identity, so following the link really isn't necessary, but thought I may include it in case anyone wants it

• We usually let speculation fly because it's part of the fun, but since press is picking this up we'll actually be posting from SkyboundGames twitter in a bit. We don't want a ton of confused/disappointed fans.

And thank god for that, this was getting way too big for its own good.

Cheers for that lad, to add to your comment, a Skybound employee entered the reddit comments and explained it not being in development, I'll

Sign in to comment in this discussion.