Do you pity Crane?

While he is a scumbag and a total creep seeing him break down and confess his sick love in front of Snow is sad in a pathetic kind of way and how desperate he is to try to prove his innocence is pretty pitiful. The fact that he inspires nothing but hate and annoyance from anyone who comes into contact with him not to mention that he never had a chance with Snow makes me realize he's a small fish compared to the far more threatening, Tweedles, Bloody Mary and Crooked Man.

Comments

• I slap him and break his nose

• edited June 2018

Tbh I thate him for how he treated Snow and how he thought about her. Plus he didn't care about Fabletown at all. Right, he's a 'small fish', but it doesn't change the fact he's disgusting at the same time. And though I consider myself rather empathic, I just can't bring myself to like or pity him even little.

• Bigby can ask "how many years" and Crane can respond with "Too many." He wasn't just some moustache-twirler or some drooling blot of malice. He was a jerk on a power trip, but he did care about someone. He saw what he was becoming, and in spite of knowing it was twisted and wrong, he chose the fantasy in his dark mind over reality and good sense. The fact that he would stoop so low had to sting for him because he likes to think of him as genteel. Polite and refined and a gentleman, and the lengths he went to satisfy his fantasy were well beneath that. I pity him because I could see the pain he was causing himself in spite of choosing his own wants over his duties and the needs of others. But, pity cannot be mistaken for mercy, and sadly he doesn't learn his lesson.

• Honestly? No. I don't really feel bad for him, he was a sexual deviant using his place of power to act out fantasies that bordered on non-consensual acts of sexual contact and he was also involved with the crooked man; and he did all this knowingly and with full cognitive awareness of all the crimes he was committing. Besides the embezzlement of funds, taking advantage of the low-income population, and various other counts you can find against his personality inside the game...

No. I don't feel bad for him at all. He was...something unsavory, probably something you'd find on the underside of your shoe if you actually walked down the wrong, dark alley in actual New York City. Honestly, the guy was a criminal and a perverted scumbag. In fact, the only good thing I could honestly find to say about him during my original play through was: "Jeeze, at least this guy isn't a murderer...." XD

• Crane is one of those characters that, on a mostly non-personal/ level in favor of a objective narrative one, I was generally kind of eh-ish about.
    I both sorta caught on and yet didn't expect certain things; namely, that it was pretty obvious that he simultaneously was increasingly sort of corrupt and yet clearly "innocent."

I guess I could feel a little bad for him, but at the same time, he's just kind of ...a thing until I get a stronger overall grasp of the system.

Though I initially passed on stepping in on this specifically because I legitimately figured something gonna happen to him.

• he treated her like shit and disrespected bigby like he could have at least been nice to her if he loved her so much and while i don’t think it’s weird that he was in love with snow and thought of her like that it is disgusting that he made lily look like her and act out the scenes and then he would just show up the next day at work like nothing happened if bigby had more alone scenes with him after his ass would have the shit beat outta him but snow was always there and got mad if you hit him that’s the only reason i didn’t break that suck fucks nose

• Been a while since I played, but looking back, almost?

He's sort of a warning to Snow that having some much authority and duties to uphold will eventually wear on you, from what I understand. If the other citizens are any indication, he had a lot to deal with day to day on top of not being able to approach Snow for whatever reason. So it's little wonder that with King Cole out of the office for quite some time and the funds sitting right there, he turned to a couple of addictions to get by.

That said, he is pretty snively and is way more harsh to Snow in particular than he needed to be. And he evidently started shirking a lot of his duties as well, if the later scenes around Snow are any indication.

• I pity him a little but his actions are not forgivable.He made his own bed...

• Until he had to leave for the last time

I pity him a little but his actions are not forgivable.He made his own bed...

• No way! He may not have killed Faith and Lily but he was still playing out his sexual fantasies about Snow. He’s a perverted little fucker and he can rot at the bottom of the Witching Well for all I care.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.