What Are You Currently Watching?

Comments

• So, I just recently finished watching the first 3 episodes of The Dragon Prince.

Awesome, more people watching the show.

First of all, the animation is weirdly outstanding.

Huh, I think you’re the first person to say they liked the animation of Season 1. That was always one of the biggest complaints of the show and why a lot of people gave up early on, they were turned off by the animation. More specifically, the fact that it was kind of laggy and at a low frame rate. Even I have to say that, while it works in some areas and you do get use to it, it is kind of jarring. But hey, if you like it, then that’s great. Know that the frame rate does improve in the next two seasons.

I can already tell Aaron Ehasz couldn't resist taking inspiration from his own work cause Dragon Prince does feel like a spiritual successor to Avatar.

Oh yeah, there’s definitely a lot of similarities and references to Avatar (the first episode actually has a small one in the book Claudia is reading).

Not to mention that Callum is played by Jack De Sena whose real personality is basically Sokka.

There was also another Avatar VA. The voice that did the opening narration is Erik Todd Delluns, the voice of Koh The Face Stealer.

It kind of sucks that Justin Richmond doesn't seem to get a lot of recognition from the audience cause like MetallicaRules said, he also worked on Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception. That man deserves attention for his amazing work.

Yeah, that bothers me too. Aaron is more well known because of Avatar, but Justin contributes just as much as co-creator and one of the major writers. He should get more and I always try to shed a little more light on him.

The characters are great, my favorite one so far is easily Rayla

My man.

AronDracula posted: »

So, I just recently finished watching the first 3 episodes of The Dragon Prince. I wanted to watch it sooner but I didn't have the right tim

• Huh, I think you’re the first person to say they liked the animation of Season 1. That was always one of the biggest complaints of the show and why a lot of people gave up early on, they were turned off by the animation. More specifically, the fact that it was kind of laggy and at a low frame rate. Even I have to say that, while it works in some areas and you do get use to it, it is kind of jarring. But hey, if you like it, then that’s great. Know that the frame rate does improve in the next two seasons.

I didn't really say it was like best animation ever. I chose the wrong words. I thought it was kind of weird but at the same time, it didn't bother me that much and it's pretty unique. I did notice some frame issues though and there is totally a lot of room for improvement. But I'll take what you said about the future seasons.

So, I just recently finished watching the first 3 episodes of The Dragon Prince. Awesome, more people watching the show. First

• That's because Jack De Sena made Sokka as big as he was--he was originally more consistently serious minded and would've stopped being a main character after a point.

So, I just recently finished watching the first 3 episodes of The Dragon Prince. I wanted to watch it sooner but I didn't have the right tim

• edited November 2020

That's a wrap on She-Ra and the Princesses of Power!
    Whew! What a thrilling final season! Great show overall, albeit with some issues I had with it.

First off, goddamn what a satisfying two-part finale this was! The fate of the universe is on the line, Adora is emotionally whacked-out with her best friends tagging along on this final journey, and her inability to use She-Ra.
    Full of fantastic payoffs and awesome moments (particularly one involving Shadow Weaver, also Hordak), tying it all up in a climactic kiss between our two will-they-won't-they nemeses, Adora and Catra.
    I found the climax to be drawn out a bit too long (with Adora slowly losing consciousness and having this long dream where you know Catra is gonna get her to wake up and you know DA POWER OF LOVE is gonna save the day JUST KISS HER ALREADY YOU SILLY), and I also wished there was a bit more resolution as to what the Rebellion does after the battle (though we did get part of that with Adora's adorable dream. Frickin' matching She-Ra looking outfits for the two lovebirds yyyyesss)

Another awesome thing about this season is definitely Spinnerella and Netossa. Finally, finally, finally. After so many seasons of these two characters just kinda being there in the background of scenes or vaguely mentioned as being a part of the Alliance, they actually get their own sub-plot, with lots of dialogue! I can finally, reliably put some voices and personalities to these characters!

Did not expect this season to go all "Invasion of the Body-Snatchers", but I like it!! (Insofar as I think that's one of the most scariest horror tropes. So, I like it because I don't like it. Makes the back of my neck tingle.) They really decided "Hey, let's make half our main cast get mind-controlled for like half the season!" Really interesting move and offered some cool unique battles. (King Micah is one scary dude when he's got that Dark Magic going.)

Loved (and felt weirdly out-of-place) that Secret Underwater Party Adventure! episode. Seems like the team really enjoyed making that film-noir/murder-mystery homage episode in the last season, and opted to do something similar again in this one. Everyone in the party had awesome 60s-period outfits and the whole idea of going to a secret soiree to find an elusive celebrity was fun. Still felt like a random side-plot to embark on, but whatever it was enjoyable.
    (Also, if this Prince Peekablue is really real, then he must either be over 1000 years old, or a superb con-man. Because, if he's not 1000 years old, then how do you explain his supposed "Farsight" ability, letting him see across the entire universe when for the past 1000 years, Etheria has been trapped in a lifeless void of a dimension, with nothing outside of the planet. If he's real, then that's kind of an inconsistency. How could he know of his ability when there's nothing to use his ability on? Small thing that irked me.)

I forgot to mention earlier about my appreciation of the show's restraint with the She-Ra transformation sequences the further into the series you get. Felt like every time Adora transformed in Season 1, you'd get the same dang sequence. I get that it's part of the magical-girl genre or at least a reference to it, but it's something they never truly did away with. Every now and then you get that 10-15 second bit, and to be honest I didn't like it after the first couple times. Thank goodness once they did in in the final season, they have an entirely new-looking sequence and it only gets used like 2 or 3 times, but still. I know what the "Honor of Grayskull" thing is, you don't need to remind me every few episodes...

Another small negative: The show does straddle the line of episodic and serial series a few times, in that there's a handful of episodes that feel like they could be random one-off episodes on a Saturday morning (with maybe a small main-plot development thrown in). I found it weird -- especially for a streaming-made show -- that they opted to make a few episodes stand alone.
    Ooh, also, this show did get a bit grating in how much "Friendship and positivity is the best!" vibes they kept returning to. It's fine, it's a nice message, and there's also plenty other stuff that's a bit darker and more "cool", but let's just say that it doesn't help your case when you've got family in the room, questioning your choice of entertainment.

Anyways, yes. She-Ra done. Great final season binge. I'd recommend it if you want an interesting fantasy/sci-fi adventure and a lot of loveable protagonists and antagonists. The quality of the show-- for me -- is just one straight line upwards. Season One is okay in terms of setting up characters and relationships, but after that it's all uphill from there with deep lore, cool new battles, new characters and locales.

• Nice, glad you enjoyed it!

I also wished there was a bit more resolution as to what the Rebellion does after the battle

There's been some push by the shows creator, Noelle Stevenson, and fans for Netflix to greenlight a movie to act as an epilogue to the series. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets made eventually considering the popularity of the show.

The show does straddle the line of episodic and serial series a few times, in that there's a handful of episodes that feel like they could be random one-off episodes on a Saturday morning (with maybe a small main-plot development thrown in). I found it weird -- especially for a streaming-made show -- that they opted to make a few episodes stand alone.

To be fair, the show is a reboot of a Saturday morning cartoon.

Once you're done with Dragon Prince, I'd recommend Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts, another Dreamworks Netflix animated series that ended recently with its 30th episode. It's an incredibly stylish show with a really great soundtrack and some pretty big Spider-Verse vibes with its hip hop aesthetic. The characters are also incredibly charming and it legitimately has one of the best villains I've seen in animation in a long while.

AChicken posted: »

That's a wrap on She-Ra and the Princesses of Power! Whew! What a thrilling final season! Great show overall, albeit with some issues I ha

• Still watching The Mandalorian S2 i don't know if there's still any Star Wars fans around here but i seriously recommend them to watch this show it's the best thing we've had since the Original Trilogy hands down.

• Well granted, Disney didn’t set the bar high with the sequel trilogy, but I definitely agree, The Mandalorian is really good and you should definitely watch it.

iFoRias posted: »

Still watching The Mandalorian S2 i don't know if there's still any Star Wars fans around here but i seriously recommend them to watch this show it's the best thing we've had since the Original Trilogy hands down.

• push by the shows creator, Noelle Stevenson, and fans for Netflix to greenlight a movie to act as an epilogue to the series.

Well, I would love for that to happen. Here's hoping Netflix lets Noelle get it in gear. (I feel like I've been seeing Netflix give a bunch of their children's programming special extended or holiday-themed episodes over the past year, based on them popping up in my recommendations and Coming Soon tabs, so it seems like they're more open to the idea these days. Fingers crossed.)

I'd recommend Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts

stylish show
    really great soundtrack
    Spider-Verse vibes

Oho, you really know how to push my buttons, Lupin.

recently with its 30th episode

Didnt this thing come out only recently? (Like earlier-this-year recently?) I've had it in my Watch List since its release, and now it's already run its course? Huh.

lupinb0y posted: »

Nice, glad you enjoyed it! (Spoiler) Once you're done with Dragon Prince, I'd recommend Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts, another Drea

• Yep. The first season released in January, second in June and the third in October.

The creators did all 30 episodes at once and it was left to Netflix to decide how the show would be divided up, and that's just how they chose to release it.

(Spoiler) I'd recommend Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts stylish show really great soundtrack Spider-Verse vibes

• Currently watching American Vandal and can't wait for a new season of Sex Education (the ending of the last season is insane)

• The creators did all 30 episodes at once and it was left to Netflix to decide how the show would be divided up.

No way! That's really impressive, just having a team make a whole 30 episodes then sit on it for the better part of a year. (Then again, it's just like regular animation production -- I think -- where the season is made beforehand, and then whatever dozen or so episodes were produced get aired over the course of 3+ months. It's mighty cool of Netflix to have such faith in the project that they let them make it all at once, instead of a season/arc-by-arc basis.)

Yep. The first season released in January, second in June and the third in October. The creators did all 30 episodes at once and it was left to Netflix to decide how the show would be divided up, and that's just how they chose to release it.

• It's mighty cool of Netflix to have such faith in the project that they let them make it all at once, instead of a season/arc-by-arc basis.)

In this case it would be Dreamworks that had faith in the project. Netflix is just the distributor whereas Dreamworks ordered and produced the show. But yeah it's incredibly surprising, especially since Kipo is a totally original series that isn't based on any existing property unlike so many of their other shows (She-Ra, Voltron, etc.)

The creators did all 30 episodes at once and it was left to Netflix to decide how the show would be divided up. No way! That's reall

• Ahhh, I was wondering how much involvement Netflix had in it, since it does heavily feature the Dreamworks branding, rather than just Netflix-front-and-center.

Coolcoolcool!

It's mighty cool of Netflix to have such faith in the project that they let them make it all at once, instead of a season/arc-by-arc basis.)

• edited December 2020

Hello everyone been busy washing stuff on Netflix so I’ve completed watching Z Nation was pretty great got attached too a lot of the characters like Sgt Lilly from season 4 through season 5 and too bad her death really got to me but she went out like a boss when she got devoured by Zombies offend uses her last grenade to kill them all while she was getting devoured.

pick her over Red anytime...Lilly and 10K were a perfect match the writers should’ve killed Red.

The goes Doc funny guy sing him and every episode makes me smile that and of course Murphy.

And speaking of Murphy he kind of reminds me of me in a way.

But other then that well When Murphy had a talker/Blend was a very heartwarming seeing how Lucy grew up throughout the whole entire show but with her condition which accelerates her aging was the sad part.

But other than that Z nation was like 10 out of 10 but I wish they had more seasons to keep going.

• Watching the new Animaniacs reboot on Hulu.

Can't say much, since I've only seen 3 episodes. But, this is a good show!

• Underrated classic.

Watching the new Animaniacs reboot on Hulu. Can't say much, since I've only seen 3 episodes. But, this is a good show!

• Just finished Santa Clarita Diet on Netflix.

• I finally finished watching The Dragon Prince. It was good but if I'm being honest, I find it a little bit forgettable. What I mean is that it's hard for me to memorize some of the episodes and their plots. Don't get me wrong, I loved the characters, the voice acting is top notch, the animation is unique and got better in later books but for some reason, it seemed a little bit rushed to me. I never minded that it each season contains only 9 episodes, considering the fact that I am not a TV viewer but I think the runtime for each chapter should have been like 30 minutes or bigger.

The relationship between Rayla and Callum was easily the best part for me and I am happy that their ship is canon. However, I don't think it's perfect because it feels like it's made for the audience's sake and it happened a little bit too early. I think it was done better in Avatar with Aang and Katara.

Rayla is easily my favorite character of the show. It really shows that Aaron thought if Sokka was in love with a princess who suddenly turned into a moon spirit and Kioshi warrior, why not combine this 2 characters together and you have Sokka engage with both of them in a different dimension. She is also kind of like Zuko because she does prove to be a dangerous foe but when she chooses the good side, she becomes more awkward and funnier.

My favorite episode is without a doubt the Book 3 finale. Sometimes I feel like the show should have ended there but considering that the story felt too short, we could use 4 more seasons for more character development.

• Fair criticisms. Pacing was always one of my biggest problems for the show. I felt S1 was a bit too slow, S3 had the opposite with being very fast. S2 I thought had a great balance and it's why I think it's the strongest season so far. The 9 episodes do hurt it, but the writers seem content with sticking at 9. Another thing was that the creators talked about how, of the planned 7 seasons they have in mind, the first 3 are considered the first arc of the show. Seasons 4 and 5 will be the 2nd arc, and the 6th and 7th will be the 3rd and final arc. So S3 had to try and wrap up a lot of aspects of this supposed first arc of the show, so that might have played a role, trying to make S3 a sort of finality in some regards, while still setting things up for future seasons.

Sweet, fellow Rayllum shipper I see. Frankly, even putting aside the shipping aspect of it, those two really are one of the best aspects of the show, both romantically and platonically. The chemistry is great, they're both fleshed out characters, they work great as a team and are pivotal to each others arcs. And fun fact: their relationship was never originally planned. It only came about after reviewing the storyboards for S2, but the writers realized at that point that there was something brewing between the two of them, and they just went with it. So yeah, it's a bit rushed and happened early, but at the same time, I kind of oddly respect that as it made the relationship feel more real as it developed naturally not just in the context of the show, but in the writing process of it. They didn't drag it out nor did they wait until the final episode of the season/series, they just got them together while still delivering some really great scenes and development between the two of them, and I kind of admire them for that. Complete opposite approach of Avatar where Katara and Aang was planned from the beginning and executed across all 3 seasons. Two great relationships, two different portrayals, and both work. Though yeah, I do think the love confession was a bit sudden, and I was even saying that in S2 when Rayla was about to confess before Callum woke up.

And I'm pretty sure that's just in Jack De Sena's contract at this point that his characters have to get together with someone related to the moon. First Yue, now Rayla, this guy has a thing for the moon.

And again, this ties into what I was saying about the breakdown of the show, S3 kind of feels like a finale because, in some ways, it is. It's the ending of the first arc of the show. Plus, the show hadn't been renewed for more seasons yet, the first arc was wrapping up, and the actual confirmation of S4-7 wouldn't come until SDCC this year, so S3 was sort of structured in a way that could set up future seasons, but still wrap things up.

I finally finished watching The Dragon Prince. It was good but if I'm being honest, I find it a little bit forgettable. What I mean is that

• I finished the first season of The Legend of Korra. I had fun with it. The first half was a little bit boring to me, maybe because of the bending sport show but the second half was outstanding.

Korra seems interesting as a character. She is not as favorable as the main cast of Avatar TLA but she is very realistic and she is exactly how Rey from Star Wars sequels should have been. She mastered water, earth and fire for years but she was still vulnerable and realistic and wasn't OP towards her main threats. That's how you make a hero relatable.

Someone told me that LOK wasn't supposed to be show. It was originally planned as a mini-series with only 12 episodes and I can totally see it. The first season ended with all things wrapped up and nothing else to continue but I'd assume Nickelodeon told Michael and Bryan "NO!!! We need more seasons because MONEEEEEY!!!!". That explains why it got worse with later seasons from what I've heard.

I didn't mind the characters from TLA taking a backseat because this was a complete different story. It wasn't called Avatar: The Legend Continues. However, I heard that Sokka did not get a backstory in his adulthood throughout this show, he appeared in only one flashback and that would be his last appearance. No mention of Suki or his family either. It doesn't bother me that much but they did do his character dirty. He deserved a better future than no future.

Amon was such a great villain, his motives were so well explained and he was so intimidating due to his bloodbending powers. I was actually surprised to see him die along with his brother in a boat explosion ON-SCREEN!!! Avatar in general is full of mature elements but I didn't expect LOK to be THIS mature because this was still a Nickelodeon show.

The new characters were great. Mako and Bolin are basically the Sokka and Katara of this story, they are pretty similar. Asami seems to be like the newest out of all the characters and the actress who portrayed her totally redeemed herself from that shitty movie which doesn't even deserved to be mentioned. I think Tenzin is my favorite character of the show so far, not only because he is the youngest son of Avatar Aang but he is also performed by J.K. Simmons. Whoever casted him for this role deserves a round of applause.

I do have a lot to say but I have to finish the next seasons first.

• So TLOK was originally intended to just be one season originally, but as it was popular with both fans and critics, Nick ordered 3 more seasons worth of episodes. Hence why each season of Korra has a different story/villain, unlike Avatar which has an overarching story across 3 seasons.

I actually really enjoyed the pro-bending parts, but I do agree the second half was better than the first half.

I wouldn’t say the show gets worse with future seasons. Season 2 is definitely weaker and considered the weakest season from both series, but it’s still not bad by any stretch of the imagination, it does get going in the 2nd half as well and has one of the best series of episodes from both shows. Season 3 is absolutely incredible, and Season 4 is on par, if not better, than S1.

Thank you. I find what hurts some people’s enjoyment was that they were expecting too much of a continuation and didn’t want Korra, both as a show and as a character, to be its own thing and stand on its own.

Yeah, Korra can get really dark. This isn’t even the worst thing in the show, there’s even darker stuff to come.

JK Simmons is one of my favorite actors, so hearing him as Tenzin made the show even better. But one of the more under appreciated characters and actresses was Mindy Sterling as Lin Beifong, she does a fantastic job throughout the show and is one of my favorites from both series.

I finished the first season of The Legend of Korra. I had fun with it. The first half was a little bit boring to me, maybe because of the be

• Season 2 of The Mandalorian is now complete.

See that Rian, THAT'S how you handle Luke Skywalker, that's how you do the character justice. In all seriousness, what a season that was, incredible throughout and, while heavy on the fan service, it is handled brilliantly with people who are just as passionate about the lore and characters as the fans are.

• Currently watching Scream TV series on Netflix.

• edited December 2020

nothing. Delete this comment.

• nothing. Delete this comment.

Hm, never heard of that show before, is it any good?

nothing. Delete this comment.

• edited December 2020

Ok, I just finished the second season of Legend of Korra. Throughout the entire season, I was actually enjoying myself and I didn't understand why people thought this was the worst season. Then, everything changed when the season semi-finale hit up.

Not only did the villain actually win but Unalaq also managed to destroy the heart of the whole Avatar fanbase. The death of Raava equaled the death of the spirits for each Avatar before Korra, INCLUDING AANG!!! Now I totally understand why the fans hate this show. I actually thought it was just the fact that the show wasn't a direct continuation of TLA with the original Team Avatar and it's actually worse than I thought.

They actually pulled a Joel situation before The Last of Us Part 2 was even a thing. I am shocked and honestly, I dunno what to think about all of this. Right now, I am lost. I do NOT agree with the pay off of Aang's conclusion, even Avatar Roku didn't deserve this fate. I was totally fine with Aang's death in real world, there was nothing wrong about it. While I'm not like furiously pissed and I don't think it ruins the whole Last Airbender storyline, it will be hard for me to accept the way they put each Avatar to sleep for good.

Overall, this season was...….ok. It had some great moments like Uncle Iroh in the spirit world and the whole story arc of the very first Avatar, Wan. Besides all that, the whole season finale arc ruined it for me. I didn't like Unalaq as the main antagonist. He was weaker than Amon, his motivation is just plain stupid and he was more annoying than intimidating. I don't think he was the right choice to be the key to the death of the past Avatars. I prefer general Zhao and Fire Lord Ozai over him anytime. I am going to watch the last seasons but I don't think any of them will make me accept the way they erased all the Avatars including Aang. I am blaming Nickelodeon for all of this.

• edited December 2020

Yeah, I just realized that I missed only ONE episode left of LoK Book 2, silly me. I shared my thoughts recently though.

nothing. Delete this comment. Hm, never heard of that show before, is it any good?

• I wouldn't go so far as to say this is like what happened to Joel. While I do wish more was done in regards to Aang (allow Korra to have a similar relationship with Aang as Roku had with him in the original series), it is something that plays largely into Korra's character and the remainder of the series. I do wish it was a better villain that pulled it off (Unalaq is by far the worst villain in the series, but the next season more than makes up for it with the best villain in the series), but overall, it was a scene that hit the heartstrings and pissed you off, but in the right way. Plus, the rest of the series isn't spent spitting in Aang's face and giving you an Unalaq origin story like TLOU did.

Ok, I just finished the second season of Legend of Korra. Throughout the entire season, I was actually enjoying myself and I didn't understa

• Started watching Lucifer a while ago and i'm still watching it,it's a great show but has your "monster of the week" episodes so it's a lot to take in if you're binge-watching there's also a lot of episodes but i'm definitely into it.

• I just finished it and i agree,this season has been amazing.

Season 2 of The Mandalorian is now complete. (Spoiler)

• Ok, I finished watching Book 3 of Legend of Korra. Ten times better than Book 2 and I was shocked to see even more dark moments.

Like the death of the Earth Queen. The way Zaheer chokes her to death is so dark (Not sure if worse than bloodbending or the death of the Air Nomads) despite the fact that I personally hated her as a person because she was way worse than her own father who at least had a cute bear. No matter how dark it was, I do not feel bad for her and I am glad Zaheer killed her.
    Speaking of Zaheer, I loved him as the main antagonist, mostly due to the fact that he was an airbender. I'm not sure if I find him better than Amon, but he is definitely the coolest. AND much better than Unalaq which in my opinion is easily the worst villain of the entire franchise. His fight with Korra was pretty similar to the fight between Aang and Ozai but this time, the villain got the high ground and Korra needed help from her friends. I really don't understand people who say Korra is like OP or something. She did kick Zaheer's ass a few times but she couldn't defeat him without any help from the airbenders. She is a very realistic person and she can be very outsmarted by her own foes.

Speaking of airbenders, this season had like the best storyline. I loved that it wasn't just about another villain who wants to capture and/or kill the Avatar or destroy the world for a new age. It was also about rebuilding the Air Nomads which is what Aang has been asking for for years (No surprise). He would be very proud.

However, I still do not appreciate the fact that Korra had to lose her connection with the past Avatars in order to be motivated. While I understand what they are going for and it doesn't really ruin the entire show for me (Because I have seen worse), I just think it was a very lazy decision. Aang, Roku, Kioshi, Wan and the others did not deserve this send-off from probably the worst major character of the entire show. Despite all that, I am having a blast with this series.

Only one season left to watch and I already know there is only one familiar face left to return.

• Finally, my view marathon for The Legend of Korra comes to an end. Book 4 was good, I think I enjoyed it more than Book 1 but it was definitely not better than Book 3.

I don't think I have much to say about Book 4. The best part was obviously the return of Toph Beifong. Out of all the characters TLA, she is the one who hasn't changed a bit. She is still the young 12 year old savage earthbender we all know and love. Toph will always be our Melon Lord. Kuvira was a great villain, she was very smart and very intimidating but her actions felt a little bit unjustified and I couldn't feel much sympathy for her. They gave us her backstory through exposition instead of flashbacks which I don't think it really worked and that's my biggest issue with her character. Also, the season finale, while it had some amazing action sequences, it didn't feel like a proper finale for the whole series because it left so many things open, there are more questions than answers and some characters didn't get a full conclusion. I think the worst part of the season for me was the Mecha Giant Robot because that was a jump-the-shark for me due to the technology. I think they went too far with the advantage of it and it felt way out of nowhere.

Now, let's talk about the whole show. I think The Legend of Korra as a whole is a very solid sequel to Avatar The Last Airbender. It's obviously not better than its predecessor but does that mean it's bad? The answer is no. I feel like people are overexaggerated to say this show was bad just because it's not as good as TLA. It seems they just refuse to watch this show for WHAT IT IS and instead, they use TLA as an excuse for its weaknesses. Why do I feel like those are the same people who are shitting on the Star Wars prequels for being worse than the original trilogy?

I had a lot of fun with Korra, it had a very interesting story, I liked some of its characters and the villains were amazing (Except for one). However, I am totally aware it has a lot of issues. The love triangle between Mako, Korra and Asami sucked. None of those relationships worked, it was way too overdone and it was just there for cheap drama. I hated that shit. Bolin deserved Korra better because he was more of a gentleman to her than his brother was, even though the chemistry between him and Opal was cute. Not to mention that Mako became less interesting in later seasons for me.

Book 2 in general. When I heard people say this was the worst season of not just the show but the whole franchise in general, I was expecting a lot of bad filler episodes with unnecessary storylines, terrible characters and misplaced humor. That wasn't the case because I was actually having a lot of fun watching this season. Then I realized what the fans were talking about after watching the season finale arc. Korra losing her connection with the past Avatars is probably the laziest decision to develop Korra's character. Not to mention this was done by the worst villain of the entire franchise, Unalaq. Other than his waterbending abilities, I never liked anything about him. He was a terrible villain, his motivation made no sense and the final fight was just a lame Kaiju battle. What makes this even worse is that they introduced us to the origins of the very first Avatar and the whole bending power only to just throw all of it out of the window not 10 episodes later. While it doesn't actually ruin the legacy of the past Avatars including Aang, it wasn't really worth it, especially after watching the last season.

There are some confusing lore elements. The power of bending actually comes for Lion Turtles but what about the original benders? Dragons, bisons, badgermoles and the moon? Someone told me that these sources actually teach the benders how to use their bending abilities. But that's confusing because this takes me back to the episode where Aang and Zuko go to the Sun Warriors to learn firebending without using their anger. They do their dragon dance and the dragons make a fire tornado around them, thus receiving the certain power. I'm kind of lost.

So Korra and Asami are in love now? I mean yeah I never liked Mako and I don't think he deserved any of these girls but it felt out of nowhere. I am aware of the fact that Korra sent a letter only to Asami about whatever it was (I forgot) but we did not see them both together in a lot of episodes. It felt too fanservice-ish. I was already spoiled that they got together at the end. HOWEVER, I was so surprised to see that they actually didn't kiss on-screen. It was all just a prank from those idiot fans. Korra and Asami just stared at each other while entering the spirit world and it ended there. I don't think that was a good ending

I didn't have much problem with familiar faces taking a backseat but some of these characters weren't handled well. Zuko for example. While it was really great to see him grown old and fighting in action, I don't think he did much for the story other than warning Korra's father to stop the Red Lotus from reuniting with each other. He was more like "Hey, remember me? I used to want to capture the Avatar to regain my honor, now I think she needs protection". The only thing I loved about his character in this story was his daughter. While she had a very small screentime, she suggested that Fire Nation should not be involved in any battles after the Hundred Year War. She basically gave a middle finger to her forefathers: Ozai, Azulon and Sozin. Also, Sokka. I think they did his character dirty because his family in his adulthood remains a mystery. There is no mention of Suki and it is unknown if they were actually married. Katara and Toph are the only ones who remained the best.

Some of the new characters were great and there are some that actually sucked. I liked Bolin, he was basically the Sokka of this story, although some of his jokes were a little bit too childish (Like putting socks on Zaheer's mouth) but he was great overall. As I said above, I never liked Mako, he was boring and the love triangle was completely unnecessary. Although I would say he is a great firebender. Asami was ok, I didn't love her but I don't hate her either. She is just fine. Naga was the cutest part and I think I prefer her over Appa, even though he has better fighting abilities and can fly. Varrick and Zhu Li got a lot of development in the final season and they made me appreciate these characters even more than ever. They were basically the Tony Stark and Pepper Pots of this franchise and that is a compliment.

I think this show had more complex villains than the ones from TLA. I still love Azula and the battle between Aang and Ozai is still my favorite fight but I think LOK gave more in-depth development to its antagonists. Amon was very sympathetic and I felt devastated when he and his brother died together in a boat explosion. The Order of the Red Lotus were easily the best of the bunch, it was basically the EVIL version of Team Avatar and I loved it. They stole the whole season. Kuvira was the smartest of the bunch. She was great but I think she needed a better motivation. Unalaq is a huge exception. I hate everything about his character. He was nothing, his motivation sucked and his Kaiju battle was anticlimatic. I liked his children better. Easily the worst villain of the franchise.

I loved the world building of LOK. This is exactly what the Star Wars sequels should have done in the first place. Republic City was well established and I'm glad they kept the statue of the Avatar who ended the 100 Year War, even after Unalaq destroying it. The best part about it was that Fire Nation was not the mainland for any of the antagonists. They were all benders of the elements that weren't fire, except for P'Li who was actually combustionbending. But I wish we have seen the new Fire Nation after the infamous time. Like how it was build under Zuko and his daughter's orders.

The best book of the show is easily the third one. Ironic how the third books of both Avatar shows are the best of the bunch. Book 3 was almost everything I wanted. That would probably be the only season that I am going to rewatch.

I might have missed some things but I have been writing forever. Overall, the show was good. It's not the best, but it's not the worst either. I think it's a worthy successor to The Last Airbender. But I don't think I'll rewatch the show from start to finish anytime soon.

• The love triangle between Mako, Korra and Asami sucked.

No complaints here from me, I and everyone else are in almost universal agreement that the love triangle was the weakest aspect of Korra and the show got infinitely better when they did away with it in Season 3. Bolin and Korra I did actually like, they did more to show off good chemistry between those two in a quick montage in Season 1 then they did for Mako and Korra in 2 seasons, it had heart and I could have seen it working out. However, I did like Korra and Asami. It could have used more development, but understand the huge limitations that were on it. It was 2014, the fact that they were even able to get away with a same sex couple confirmation in a kid show is actually very surprising. It had some good development, not as much as Aang and Katara from the original series, but still some noticeable and well written moments, and hell, it's still better than Mako and Korra.

The power of bending actually comes for Lion Turtles but what about the original benders? Dragons, bisons, badgermoles and the moon? Someone told me that these sources actually teach the benders how to use their bending abilities. But that's confusing because this takes me back to the episode where Aang and Zuko go to the Sun Warriors to learn firebending without using their anger. They do their dragon dance and the dragons make a fire tornado around them, thus receiving the certain power. I'm kind of lost.

Alright, I'll try to help and clear some things up. The lion turtles were able to gift the people in Wan's time the ability to control and manipulate certain elements, but the actual art of "bending" was not something that the lion turtles gave. During Wan's time living with the spirits after he's kicked out of his village, there's a scene of him performing the same dragon dance that Aang and Zuko perform in the Sun Warriors episode. It's his time living with the spirits and in nature where he learns to actually "bend" fire, not just wield it. Even the leader of the hunting party has a line in the episode acknowledging how differently Wan uses it and how they use it. "And the way Wan moves fire, it's like nothing I've ever seen. He uses it like it's an extension of his body." That's ultimately what bending is, an extension of oneself. So while the lion turtles gifted the humans with the ability to manipulate the elements, it still fits in line with the lore of Avatar that says humans learned how to bend from other creatures or objects. Air benders from the bison, earth benders from the badgermoles, water benders from the moon, and fire benders from the dragons. The tornado that envelopes Aang and Zuko didn't actually give them anything, but helped them understand what the true meaning of fire bending was in a vision. The true meaning is energy and life, like the sun, hence why there were so many colors living in harmony when the two dragons judged Zuko and Aang. It's the opposite of what Jeong Jeong said in that it was destruction, but fire can be harmonious, beautiful, and bring about life.

So Korra and Asami are in love now? I mean yeah I never liked Mako and I don't think he deserved any of these girls but it felt out of nowhere. I am aware of the fact that Korra sent a letter only to Asami about whatever it was (I forgot) but we did not see them both together in a lot of episodes. It felt too fanservice-ish. I was already spoiled that they got together at the end. HOWEVER, I was so surprised to see that they actually didn't kiss on-screen. It was all just a prank from those idiot fans. Korra and Asami just stared at each other while entering the spirit world and it ended there. I don't think that was a good ending

Like I said, you also have to remember when this show was made. This was 2014 on Nickelodeon. Now, in 2020, you see a lot of LGBT themes and relationships in kids shows. To use another show like The Dragon Prince (since I know you already saw it), they have 3 gay relationships either confirmed or heavily hinted at (Aanya's parents in the queens of Duren, Runaan and Ethari [both of them actually share an on screen kiss], and Amaya and Janai). Other shows like Shera and The Owl House also have LGBT relationships at the heart of their shows between the main characters. A lot of that is because of TLOK, it was one of the first, if not the first. The fact that they were able to get away with it at all is kind of surprising, but at the same time, there were probably limitations holding them back from being able to go all out. Big one being, no kiss before the enter the Spirit World. You get some small hints here and there, some intimate one on one moments, how well they work as a team, Korra only writing Asami, some blushes here and there, it was probably all they could get away with. That being said, I do wish there was more because, at the end, it is lacking in development as compared to other relationships like Aang and Katara. But at the end of the day, and I know I've seen some people argue this and I kind of have to agree with it, TLOK walked so that some of these other shows, with more obvious depictions, could run. Do I wish there was more, absolutely because, from an objective standpoint, it is kind of lacking, but when you consider when it was made and the standards at the time, it helped pave the way for future shows. And, if it's any consolation, they are FAR more open and obvious about their relationship in the comics that take place after the series.

Katara and Toph are the only ones who remained the best.

You know, that's actually weird, because I've seen some people (the Korra haters) that take huge issues with how they were portrayed, and little to none with Zuko. For Toph, they hate that they made her a cop. Some of that is because she didn't follow a lot of rules and ran money making schemes and didn't listen to authority. Frankly, I don't like this argument because she was 12 in Avatar and it's ridiculous to compare the adult Toph to the Toph she was in the original series. She grew up, she matured, she was an instrumental person in the establishment of Republic City and one of the people that ended the war. Plus, it would be free reign for her to beat up bad guys and criminals, you don't think Toph wouldn't leap at the opportunity to do that. The other part is that they hate her as a cop because they're the same people arguing that cops are evil oppressors and racist. These people hate cops, they like Toph, therefore, they hate the show for making her something they despise. As for Katara, they really hated that she was "reduced" to nothing but a healer, that it was out of character for her. This again, is absolutely ridiculous. It's not that Katara didn't value healing or didn't want to heal, her issue in the original series was that she didn't want to do just that, she wanted to fight as well. These people argue that she was made into a sad and lonely widow who just sits by and does nothing, and "where the hell is her statue?" Again, really poor arguments. Show me the scene in the show where Katara is unhappy with her life. She seems content, happy, and why wouldn't she be. She ended the war that took her mother from her, she married the love of her life, she had kids and raised a wonderful family with him, she lived to see her grandchildren, she trained the next Avatar in both fighting and healing, helped in her recovery after she was poisoned, and is still highly regarded throughout the world. But they take issue that she's not out there kicking people's asses and fighting, as if that somehow was all her character was and anything that's not that is sexist and insulting. Overall, I liked how the old characters, outside of Sokka, were treated.

Finally, my view marathon for The Legend of Korra comes to an end. Book 4 was good, I think I enjoyed it more than Book 1 but it was definit

• Got the box set of Dexter for Christmas, so I've started watching that.

• edited December 2020

Ohh that's amazing,enjoy this show it's one of my favorites,it has its ups and downs with one or two bad seasons and the ending being pretty heh but there's a season 9 coming to fix that,have fun.

TheFurryOne posted: »

Got the box set of Dexter for Christmas, so I've started watching that.

• About to start watching The Boys. I know absolutely nothing about the comic other than its about a bunch of corrupted super heroes who pretty much just do things for the fame and popularity, but I've heard some good things about it and, since I still got a couple days in quarantine, figured I should check it out.

• I've almost finished the first season and I can tell this show is something special.

iFoRias posted: »

Ohh that's amazing,enjoy this show it's one of my favorites,it has its ups and downs with one or two bad seasons and the ending being pretty heh but there's a season 9 coming to fix that,have fun.

• edited December 2020

We got it the first time, thanks.

(For future reference, this was a reply to an identical message to Metallica's latest comment)

• edited December 2020

Shit, that was weird. I had logged back on a couple of hours after I thought I posted it, only to find a copy in my drafts and no comment on the actual thread. Thinking it didn't post, I just posted the comment saved in my draft. Well now I feel like an ass, just go ahead and delete one of them.

captainivy1 posted: »

We got it the first time, thanks. (For future reference, this was a reply to an identical message to Metallica's latest comment)

• Your wish is my command.

Shit, that was weird. I had logged back on a couple of hours after I thought I posted it, only to find a copy in my drafts and no comment on

Sign in to comment in this discussion.