Resident Evil 8 Discussion

Comments

• Took me forever to figure out how this demo works the other day lmao

Personally I think Imma just skip it. Like I said above, it is a less interesting demo that will do nothing but spoil stuff ahead of time. The PS version comes out earlier, but I ain't got no space on my PlayStation for 30 minutes, and by the time it releases on PC it comes out in less than a week so I'll just wait.

Would've been cool if we had another RE7 Demo which was basically its own ARG, but that def had a lot of work put into it. And also it released like 7 months before RE7 released.

AChicken posted: »

(Also I have no idea how the RE8 8 hour demo thing works, they said like you have 30 minutes an area but 8 hours? So can people play the Cas

• I might try the demos, if I've got free time during that 8-hour period, since I know I'm not buying the RE8 until later.

Still, it's a weirdly complex release for a demo.
    It's the RE2make Police Station demo but with a lot of extra steps.

Poogers555 posted: »

Took me forever to figure out how this demo works the other day lmao Personally I think Imma just skip it. Like I said above, it is a les

• Always keeping the expectations low. That is exactly how I enjoy the new RE stuff. Still don't know how the gameplay looks like and should keep it that way.

• Capcom trying to explain how the RE8 demos work.

(Also I have no idea how the RE8 8 hour demo thing works, they said like you have 30 minutes an area but 8 hours? So can people play the Cas

• If RE8 is as high quality as 7 or RE2R I wonder if it will get snubbed at the Game Awards like RE2R was. That game really deserved Game of the Year out of the other contestants that year and so far I am getting the feeling 2021 will probably be a year without many "big" games releasing this year, besides God of War 2 which we all know aint actually coming out this year lets be real.

• Yeah, I can't recall any other big titles coming out this year. If Capcom is saying the truth about RE8 being the best in the series, then TGA should consider it the winner of 2021.

But I'm not gonna watch Game Awards anyway. Not after the last one which was a time waster.

If RE8 is as high quality as 7 or RE2R I wonder if it will get snubbed at the Game Awards like RE2R was. That game really deserved Game of t

• It's confirmed that RE8 is going to bring back the classic typewriters as the save points but not the ink ribbons.

That's a bit of a let down. Ink ribbons add more tension and challenge to the game. Why don't they just add them for the higher difficulty modes, like they did in RE7, RE2 and RE3?

• I wouldnt rule that out yet seeing how Screenrant are the only people who seem to have wrote that "ink ribbons will not return" and they are a very clickbait website. They got a real habit of just pulling stuff out of thin air. They see Ethan save at typewriter on standard difficulty, but no ink ribbon used? Ink ribbons 100% not returning! Confirmed!

Ink ribbons will probably return in Village of Shadows difficulty.

AronDracula posted: »

It's confirmed that RE8 is going to bring back the classic typewriters as the save points but not the ink ribbons. That's a bit of a let

• Good point. Fucking journalism.

I wouldnt rule that out yet seeing how Screenrant are the only people who seem to have wrote that "ink ribbons will not return" and they are

• edited April 2021

Something kind of funny is that a ton of the RE3R cast is returning for Village in different roles. Jill, Carlos, and Nikolai's actors are returning.

That said, I do think it is an odd choice. Jill's actor is Elena, Nikolai's is Heisenberg, and then as we all know Carlos' is Chris. I kind of wish I knew what was going on in the voice direction in the game though because Elena doesn't immediately sound like Jill and Heisenberg doesn't sound like Nikolai, so there was some direction there, but Chris obviously sounds like Carlos. Funny thing is I think Jeff Schine as Chris is a pretty decent cast. I also think he had a great voice for Carlos. But casting back to back with no direction to really change his voice to not sound exactly like Carlos is still super odd to me with the already odd fact that a lot of the RE3R cast is returning to play different roles.

• When was the last time a horror-type game won Game of the Year? Feels like it's been a while and that genre isn't as popular anymore but I dunno. TGA is just a popularity contest mostly anyways.

If RE8 is as high quality as 7 or RE2R I wonder if it will get snubbed at the Game Awards like RE2R was. That game really deserved Game of t

• The Last of Us 2 can be considered horror, sort of. But yeah, I can't recall any full horror games to win GOTY, not even Silent Hill 2 I think.

BoltMK posted: »

When was the last time a horror-type game won Game of the Year? Feels like it's been a while and that genre isn't as popular anymore but I dunno. TGA is just a popularity contest mostly anyways.

• Capcom has revealed the other villains for Resident Evil 8.

Lady Dimitrescu is one of the Four Lords, who are the main villains in the game that all work under Mother Miranda. Each villain is based on a different type of creature/monster with each of them having their own location. Lady Dimitrescu is obviously based on vampires, while the others are based on werewolves, mermen and ghosts.

Spoiler tagging the post if you want to remain surprised and also because the images are pretty big.

Karl Heisenberg

Salvatore Moreau

When creating Salvator, the RE8 devs aimed to create "the most repulsive creature on Earth."

Donna Beneviento

Apparently many of the devs found Donna to be the most terrifying of the Four Lords. I don't blame them, fuck that doll super hard.

• Theres actually video now from a few days ago of Beneviento and Moreau, if you havent seen it though I wouldnt watch as I think the reveal they have is way too good to get spoiled.

As for why we havent really seen them:

I have a feeling Chris is probably going to take down at least Beneviento. Pretty sure Moreau turns into the big fish thing we see on the map and in the trailers, and unless they swapped stuff around (which may be 100% the case, and another reason why I would recommend not looking at some of the new footage Capcom released a few days ago because I guess they decided to spoil something that happens to Ethan by not swapping models) that would mean Chris may go and get Beneviento. Mostly thinking this because I feel like theres a very high chance we will play as Chris at some point because every RE game loves to just make you play as someone else midway through lol. So I wouldn't be the most surprised if Chris is more involved with the other 2 houses as we learn what Chris' motivations really are. Either way, the story for this game seems like probably going to be one of RE's best.

lupinb0y posted: »

Capcom has revealed the other villains for Resident Evil 8. Lady Dimitrescu is one of the Four Lords, who are the main villains in the ga

• Pre-ordered a PS4 copy today

• I dont want to link it because spoilers and gotta stop watching RE8 videos already, but Capcom seemingly posted a video of what is probably at the start of the game, and is Ethan re-capping the events to RE7 to assumingly the BSAA. Honestly gives me Telltale vibes. Honestly I am really excited for RE8's story. Resident Evil story's have never really been that complex, some are better than others, but in terms of character arcs most characters remain pretty static with the plot always following most of the same notes. But RE7 from a story standpoint was really well crafted, and RE8 seems to be cranking the story to 11 and if it lands it, I think it has a really decent chance to be a contender for best narratives.

Crazy to think it releases in just a bit over a week now. Even more crazy to realize it was announced 11 months ago, really feels way, way less than that. Really hoping it knocks it out of the park.

• I hope Joe Baker makes a return in this as a DLC thing like in RE7. I wanna see Blue Umbrella launch a pod into the area and the door busts open and it's just Joe Baker with his robo fists, ready to clean up what's left of the events of the game.

• edited April 2021

Joe Baker with his robo fists, ready to clean up what's left of the events of the game.

Holy shit, what the hell?

I never played the RE7 DLC (though I own it) so... What the hell happened to the guy?

Wait no don't tell me

I hope Joe Baker makes a return in this as a DLC thing like in RE7. I wanna see Blue Umbrella launch a pod into the area and the door busts open and it's just Joe Baker with his robo fists, ready to clean up what's left of the events of the game.

• RE7 DLC is pretty fun but it is a bit disappointingly linear. As fun as punching shit as Joe is, you are basically just walking in a straight line.

Joe Baker with his robo fists, ready to clean up what's left of the events of the game. Holy shit, what the hell? I never played the RE7 DLC (though I own it) so... What the hell happened to the guy? Wait no don't tell me

• I'd recommend it, it's really stupid but punching through waves of Molded like a boxing God is pretty fun.

Joe Baker with his robo fists, ready to clean up what's left of the events of the game. Holy shit, what the hell? I never played the RE7 DLC (though I own it) so... What the hell happened to the guy? Wait no don't tell me

• edited April 2021

Resident Evil Re:Verse delayed to Summer 2021

https://www.residentevil.com/reverse/us/

Scroll down the page, it says the mode will launch in Summer 2021.

• That's totally ok. Don't care about it, I just RE8 on my hands already.

Resident Evil Re:Verse delayed to Summer 2021 https://www.residentevil.com/reverse/us/ Scroll down the page, it says the mode will launch in Summer 2021.

• Have you also played the Not a Hero DLC? It's completely free for all RE7 owners.

• edited April 2021

Alrighty

That's totally ok. Don't care about it, I just RE8 on my hands already.

• Somehow, I didn't even play that either!

I don't know, I think after the scare-fest that was RE7, I decided to take a break from it all. It was a great game, but Mmmm it's real spooky.

Some years later I decide to buy the DLC, I think I played the Bedroom puzzle room, and a bit of the Basement survival mode, then quit again after realizing "ah yeah, this game is pretty darn scary".
    Might jump back into it though if that DLC is really worth playing. I don't really have anything else to do for now.

Have you also played the Not a Hero DLC? It's completely free for all RE7 owners.

• Capcom after seeing RE: Resistance never gain a player base that then pattered out in 3 weeks trying to get RE:Verse to be more successful

On a more serious note I have no idea why Capcom keeps trying to do multiplayer RE. They always get terribly negative reviews and never actually gain a player base. Granted Resistance and RE:Verse are a lot cheaper games compared to their last 2 attempts but they still suffered the same fate. The only multiplayer RE games people seem to actually ask for is an Outbreak game because its co-op RE, not PVP.

• I don't get it either. This is the third time they are making an RE multiplayer shooter and none of them were able to stay alive for at least a year.

Capcom after seeing RE: Resistance never gain a player base that then pattered out in 3 weeks trying to get RE:Verse to be more successful

• Not a Hero is more action packed compared to the rest of the RE7 content. Do not expect it to be longer but you do get some answers which the main story did not answer at the end of the game.

Somehow, I didn't even play that either! I don't know, I think after the scare-fest that was RE7, I decided to take a break from it all.

• Capcom Japan made a muppet styled short to promote Resident 8. I have no idea what they're saying but it's pretty cute lol.

• edited April 2021

So RE8 was sold early in certain countries so full on leaks are out there start to end so be on the look out.

Minor spoiler, but good news is apparently the game is pretty long, read a lot of people saying it will probably be one of the harder games to speedrun due to the length.

Also minor-ish spoilers:

I havent read any, just read peoples opinions on what they heard, a lot of people saying the story is really good and filled with twist and turns, with a lot of surprises.

• edited April 2021

one too many chem fluids

Capcom Japan made a muppet styled short to promote Resident 8. I have no idea what they're saying but it's pretty cute lol.

• Sounds promising. I want this game right now or I'll make Capcom watch the Cats movie

So RE8 was sold early in certain countries so full on leaks are out there start to end so be on the look out. Minor spoiler, but good new

• More reasons i love Japan. This is cool and yes it is cute

Capcom Japan made a muppet styled short to promote Resident 8. I have no idea what they're saying but it's pretty cute lol.

• Resident Evil 8 does sound promising. Definitely want to see a walkthrough first before I buy it. Definitely buying ME legendary edition first

Sounds promising. I want this game right now or I'll make Capcom watch the Cats movie

• I dunno. Don't you wanna experience it blindly?

Also, be careful with Mass Effect. Do not let your expectations go higher. Not after what happened with Cyberpunk 2077.

strwar3 posted: »

Resident Evil 8 does sound promising. Definitely want to see a walkthrough first before I buy it. Definitely buying ME legendary edition first

• Have you ever played an RE game before? I would 100% advise not watching a walk through first as a ton of the appeal is figuring out the game's obstacles yourself. RE7 on my first playthrough was really something else and I've been waiting for the sequel to capture that same feeling for a while. I would imagine RE8 will have similar design. If I watched a playthrough of RE7 beforehand I would've ruined a lot of the player experience for myself, so I wouldn't recommend doing that.

strwar3 posted: »

Resident Evil 8 does sound promising. Definitely want to see a walkthrough first before I buy it. Definitely buying ME legendary edition first

• Friday, May 7th - 12:00 AM

• Do not let your expectations go higher. Not after what happened with Cyberpunk 2077.

Well yea i am not pre-ordering it. I am just might buy it instead. But,maybe j should wait for reviews and ppl who i trust on youtube who did reviews give me enough confidence to buy.

As for Resident Evil 8? I think I could do one or the other. Watch a walkthrough and be amazed by the beautiful graphics and gameplay or wait for reviews and just see if it good or not. Either way i think Resident Evil 8 look amazing from recent demo gameplay i have seen.

I dunno. Don't you wanna experience it blindly? Also, be careful with Mass Effect. Do not let your expectations go higher. Not after what happened with Cyberpunk 2077.

• RE7 on my first playthrough was really something else and I've been waiting for the sequel to capture that same feeling for a while. I would imagine RE8 will have similar design. If I watched a playthrough of RE7 beforehand I would've ruined a lot of the player experience for myself, so I wouldn't recommend doing that.

Well i might be waiting for a review then or how the game is turning out for you. I did play resident evil 7 last year. Cause nothing else to do or play. Yet,the game was awesome and i did love it enough to enjoy myself. So I have play a Resident Evil game. Still i think It definitely will be interesting to see how the game is either good or not. But,it is resident evil. So,who knows

Have you ever played an RE game before? I would 100% advise not watching a walk through first as a ton of the appeal is figuring out the gam

• Downloaded the demo to give it a bench mark test on my PC and the game is super well optimized. All the RE Engine games have been really good with optimization but RE7 as the first did have a few hiccups, and RE8 seems to be smoother. Feels a ton like RE7 in terms of gameplay.

Also fun fact because I have not seen anyone do it in any videos, you can actually shoot while blocking for a short time. I will say I am a bit worried running is too fast because honestly Ethan books it hard af and it was really easy to run by everything.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.