What Are You Currently Watching?

Comments

• Infinity Train

Well, damn. Now I really need to watch the rest of the seasons.

Haven't seen Whiplash, but that's one of those movies that's always chilling on my 'must watch, but haven't got around to it' list.
    I see it's on Amazon Prime Video, so I'll try to get to watching it on my break next week.

I think what you'll find with TLOK, with the exception of one particular villain, is that you'll sympathize with them, or at the very least

• Whiplash is my favorite movie, a large chunk of that is because of JK Simmons as Terrence Fletcher. It can definitely be a tough watch for some people, but the acting, writing, and especially the editing are absolutely fantastic.

AChicken posted: »

Infinity Train Well, damn. Now I really need to watch the rest of the seasons. Haven't seen Whiplash, but that's one of those mov

• Invincible

Invincible is absolutely great so far. I recommend it to everyone who hasn't seen it. The cast is filled to the motherfuckin brink with well known actors. It's bizzarre actually. JK Simmons, Steven Yeun, Mark Hamill, Sandra Oh, Zazie Beetz, Walton Goggins, Ezra Miller, Seth Rogen, Clancy Brown, Justin Roiland, Jon Hamm, Mahersala Ali, a shitton of TWD actors (since it's a Robert Kirkman project) to name a part of this absolute titan when it comes to starpower.

That being said, the star power isn't what makes this show good, although it helps.

Basically, watch the show people.

I think what you'll find with TLOK, with the exception of one particular villain, is that you'll sympathize with them, or at the very least

• Infinity Train (@dojo32161 I might have to watch the show now)

Dojo:

• edited April 2021

Just finished watching Netflix's latest animated musical movie, Arlo the Alligator Boy. It's about Arlo, the Alligator Boy and his quest to find his father in New York City. I thought it was really good! The movie has charm coming out the wazoo and the music is all really poppy and fun, with my favourites being Beyond These Walls, Follow Me Home and Wash The Hurt Away. Many of these songs are also accompanied by some really visually impressive sequences. The movie has this 50's America aesthetic that I really enjoy. Ironically I think it helps give the movie a timeless feel to it. The backgrounds are really absurdly good looking too.

Michael J. Woodard does a great job of voicing Arlo. He's a really fun, innocent and absolutely adorable character. He is literally that Brooklyn Nine-Nine meme, he's even got the name. Not to mention he's got a great voice too. The rest of the cast in general does a great job with their characters, and they have some good pipes too like goddamn. They're really charming in really weird and fun ways.

As for criticism, I will say that aside from Arlo and Bertie, many of the characters are really underdeveloped. Though since this movie is essentially a pilot for a tv show named 'I Heart Arlo' that's coming sometime this year, I'm sure they'll have more to do in the future. Also the story itself is very formulaic and predictable, so don't go in expecting anything game changing.

Overall, the movie is just really whimsical and fun with some really charming characters and some great songs to boot. If you have some time to spare or just looking to watch something that's simply cute and uplifting then give this a try.

• Just finished watching Netflix's latest animated musical movie, Arlo the Alligator Boy. It's about Arlo, the Alligator Boy

Mind...blown

lupinb0y posted: »

Just finished watching Netflix's latest animated musical movie, Arlo the Alligator Boy. It's about Arlo, the Alligator Boy and his quest to

Just finished watching Netflix's latest animated musical movie, Arlo the Alligator Boy. It's about Arlo, the Alligator Boy Mind...blown

• Finished Season 2 of Carole & Tuesday.

Overall, the anime is very well-done. It leans into the usual "oh no how will we solve this week's hijinks" tropes a lot, but it's fun nonetheless.

Season 2 picks up after Carole and Tuesday's (And Angela's) big win at the Mars Brightest competition, and this season deals with the repercussions of fame and politics.

The pacing and tone of the show is a bit shaky, and I find that it struggles to juggle all these different plot threads, but when it has a big moment, it nails it well!

The best parts of the season had to be the meeting with Desmond, the whole plotline with Ezekiel, Angela falling into drug addiction and the whole finale.

The music is also really nice in this season. I particularly enjoyed Day By Day, Message in the Wind, Lay It All On Me, The Tower, and of course the ending 'Mother' which was especially cool because they brought back nearly all the singers previously featured in the show.

• roblox theme park tycoon 2 tutorial

• edited April 2021

2 episodes into Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts. Mm, this show is unique.

• I love the action elements of it, it's fun to watch.
    • The world itself is super cool. Some 200+ years after an apocalypse, nature has reclaimed the world, sentient animals roam the land and Ginormous Mutant creatures (that are pretty cute) are everywhere.
    • My favourite aspect has to be the music. There's original work and licensed music here, with it bouncing between a whole lot of different styles. We've got techno, jazz, hip-hop, blues... A whole smorgasbord of genres in just two episodes so far, I'm really enjoying how much work (or budget) they put into that aspect of the show.
    • Another super-cool thing I have to mention is the opening title-card. I love it when shows try to get creative with their presentation, especially with how they open each episode. This show (so far) seems to have a cold open, before shifting the camera to something in the environment that ressembles the word "Kipo", and boom, title card smash cut. That's cool.

My mind is still trying to process the vocal difference between Glimmer from She-Ra and Kipo from this show, since they both share the same voice actor.

Possible spoiler: The Netflix algorithm is being evil again. Cover art for Kipo shows her with a Tiger arm, and at one point it changed to be the main group (Wolf, Benson, Dave) with a giant pink Tiger behind them. Now, it could be coincidence, but I only know one visibly-pink character in this show, but she doesn't have anything tiger-related yet. Damn Netflix probably using key art from season 2 or 3. Mutant Tiger powers seem cool though.

2 episodes into Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts. Mm, this show is unique. * I love the action elements of it, it's fun to watch. * Th

• edited April 2021

I watched the first season of Kid Cosmic. It's really good and I think Craig McCraken has another win under his belt!

I really like the retro comic book aesthetic they're going for, the music is great (very garage band sounding), the voice acting is also great in particular with Kid (I really like that characters stumble with their words and keep speaking like a normal person), and it's just overall a really fun show with a lot of heart. It's also gets pretty dark at times in funny ways and there's a surprising number of on-screen deaths that had me cackling like a maniac.

However, I will say that Kid, as a character might not be for everybody and can be a little annoying but to me I totally understand why he is the way he is. He's very well developed and has a surprisingly traumatic backstory that had me gasp at how real it was. Also there are a couple jokes that go on for a bit too long but these are very few and far between.

I'm very much looking forward to the second season. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to get here.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Yeah, it's a fun show. Though, yeah, the point about Kid is very fair, even someone like me who has very high tolerance felt an urge to strangle on occasion, but he does learn his lessons, so hopefully he won't get any worse.

I watched the first season of Kid Cosmic. It's really good and I think Craig McCraken has another win under his belt! I really like the r

• Finished Season 5 of Lost recently. I can't speak for everyone else but I think this is my least favoirte season of the show. Not because it was bad but the middle episodes were kind of boring to me and shit got more and more confusing. However, the season finale did save the season a little bit.

Only Season left to watch. I guess I should lower my expectations because I heard nothing but bad things about the show finale.

• Yeah I'm also someone who finds it hard to get annoyed at fictional characters. I mostly felt bad for him, but;

when he stole the rings to face off against an entire army on his own I felt a vein bulging in my head lol. Though I really like that by the end of the season he recognises that he isn't as great of a hero as he thought he'd be and hands the leadership role to Jo. That's that sweet sweet character development I crave.

dojo32161 posted: »

Yeah, it's a fun show. Though, yeah, the point about Kid is very fair, even someone like me who has very high tolerance felt an urge to strangle on occasion, but he does learn his lessons, so hopefully he won't get any worse.

• Watched the first season of The Last Kingdom. Decided to start it after finishing Assassin's Creed Valhalla.

• edited April 2021

I watched the first episode of City of Ghosts which looks into the "haunting" of an up and coming restaurant, and it was absolutely adorable.

The art style is great, really cute and comfy looking. The backgrounds are really great as well, with them having a nice blend of 2D painterly art and live action. The voice acting is very natural sounding, similar to the creators previous work 'Welcome to My Life,' with people stuttering or fumbling their words every so often like normal people. I wonder if when recording lines, they actually treat VA sessions like an interview in order to get more natural outcomes as opposed to traditional methods with the voice actors sitting in a booth looking at the lines. They really nailed the documentary vibe and had me wondering if they actually went out and interviewed actual people and animated around that, like The Midnight Gospel.

Will definitely watch the rest. I feel like this would be a great show to watch if you were down in the dumps and are in need of a pick-me-up.

• Lost Season 6 Episode 7 is one of the best TV episodes I've ever seen.

Ben is such an awesome character, I never expected to like this character a lot and the showrunners pulled it off so well. I felt emotional when Ben explained why he killed Jacob to Ilana. This is how you make me sympathize with a very flawed person. Take notes, Naughty Dog.

• edited April 2021

I watched the first episode of City of Ghosts

As for your question on the writing,
    I looked through various news articles and I eventually I found this:

How Elizabeth Ito summoned City of Ghosts

The made-by-kids tone also filters into how the characters speak, with pauses between words and dialogue that feels like it’s being spoken by real people. “I feel like some of the videos on places like YouTube are edited way too much, and you lose a lot of people’s personality because of that,” says Ito. “I wanted to keep this show real, so beyond the look of it all, we let the adults improvise their dialogue. And with the kids, we kept the writing super-simple so it felt like something they would say.”

So, the interviews were off-the-cuff with the kids dialogue being lightly scripted.

That's cool, and definitely makes sense based on some of the dialogue in the show.

Welcome to My Life

Ahh, I can see why Netflix would have wanted something like this on their service. That was a nice short. I definitely see the origins of City of Ghosts here.

City of Ghosts maps a better way to see LA

“It makes it feel really real in a way that people gravitate toward.”

That idea was the hallmark of Ito’s professional calling card, an animated short called Welcome to My Life, about a teenaged kaiju dealing with racism among human kids in a Southern California high school. Her brother Eric voiced the main character, their parents played his parents, and Ito herself was the unseen documentarist narrator. The animation made it maybe less real, but more true.

Whoaaaa. That's awesome.

They really nailed the documentary vibe and had me wondering if they actually went out and interviewed actual people and animated around that,

I have a feeling that might be true.
    The locations in the show are definitely real. The people are all real as well, (since the VAs share the same name with their characters in the credits, apart from the Ghost Club).
    I really hope to see more of this, either about LA or somewhere else. It's such a comfy show, and 6 episodes just isn't enough for so unique a concept.

I watched the first episode of City of Ghosts which looks into the "haunting" of an up and coming restaurant, and it was absolutely adorable

• Elizabeth Ito revealed some time last year/earlier this year that Welcome to My Life was actually a pilot that she pitched to Cartoon Network but they passed on it due to it not appealing to kids or something. I remember her expressing a lot of disappointment at them because of this. Glad Netflix ending up picking up this show.

I have a feeling that might be true.
    The locations in the show are definitely real. The people are all real as well, (since the VAs share the same name with their characters in the credits, apart from the Ghost Club).

That doesn't seem to be the case, at least for the first two episodes I saw. I looked up "Chef Jo" and she was voiced by an actual chef named Isa Fabro (though she's Filipino instead of Japanese like her character), which explains how she managed to sound so natural with her delivery.

I watched the first episode of City of Ghosts As for your question on the writing, I looked through various news articles and

• That doesn't seem to be the case, at least for the first two episodes I saw.

Ah. Well, I'm sure the people involved have some relation to the topics they're talking about, (as you mentioned with Isa). Maybe some don't use their real names since they didn't sign off on it.

Very minor spoiler.

Nevertheless, the Bob Baker Marionnette Theater-based episode features a guy called Eric de la Cruz and he's a real performer there.

Elizabeth Ito revealed some time last year/earlier this year that Welcome to My Life was actually a pilot that she pitched to Cartoon Networ

• I love Invincible, I wasn't sure what I'd be getting out of it as I am not an avid watcher of the superhero genre of films, but it completely goes against some of the tropes in these films, I found Mark to be especially complex throughout the season, and following that mystery throughout left me actually trembling at what would happen next with the characters.

The season finale is this Friday and I'm dreading to see what goes down, it's been a rollercoaster of emotions up until this point, and that cliffhanger has me knowing that what is around the corner is sure to continue that trend.

As you said, go watch Invincible!

captainivy1 posted: »

Invincible Invincible is absolutely great so far. I recommend it to everyone who hasn't seen it. The cast is filled to the motherfuc

• In a previous comment, I mentioned I am watching Invincible, love that show, go watch it people, but this one is more so about what I'm thinking of watching. It caught my eye through social media, it's called Minari. Steven Yeun is in it, and honestly I've no idea what it is or what to expect, but I'm willing to give it a go, the worst that can happen is I don't like it but at least in sitting down I can know whether or not I enjoy it, so yeah, I'm considering watching it :smile:

• edited April 2021

My binge marathon for LOST came to an end. I have no words to say. My eyes are filled with tears. I can totally understand why people were disappointed with the finale. I also think it's disappointing that we didn't get answers to a lot of major questions. But at the same time, it doesn't bother me that much because the story was confusing right from the beginning. This is why it's called "LOST".

It is possible to have my mind changed once I learn some of the answers through the internet. But for now, Lost is the best series I've ever binged, it is definitely better than The Walking Dead and I think it takes the second spot for my favorite tv shows of all time, with Avatar The Last Airbender being first. Said it multiple times but I am not much of a tv viewer myself because I always lose patience when trying to watch a show from start to finish. Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones are the ones people reccommend the most but I could not get into them. I did watch the first 2 seasons of Breaking Bad and I enjoyed them but I gave up after the first episode of Season 3 because its concept is just not for me and couldn't keep up. Game of Thrones is something I was planning to watch but after the controversial final season, I think I'll pass. Don't wanna waste time on super divisive stuff.

Lost is the one that won me over because the concept alone. Not to mention it has possibly the best pilot of a TV show ever. I understand why people prefer Breaking Bad's pilot but Lost's is the one which knows to get the audience into the story. It's mysterious, the acting is so well done, the pacing is so well put together and I could not get tired of some of its characters. It's definitely not perfect because of the finale but it doesn't change how much I enjoyed the rest of the show. The first 3 seasons are awesome, Season 4 and 6 are good and Season 5 was kind of boring but ok.

There is one episode which I really hated which is the one from Season 2:

Where Charlie is having weird visions and is possessed to take Aaron from Claire and bathe him in the ocean. That was really bad, not to mention it doesn't go absolutely nowhere.

There is also one from Season 3:

Which involves Nikki and Paulo. Why these characters got a whole episode about them is beyond me. They really didn't do anything to move the plot forward. They just die right at the beginning by getting paralyzed, we get a whole backstory for them and in the end, Nikki turns out to be alive, only to die by getting burried alive.

Overall, I loved this show. Took me 2 months to finish it and I learned a lot of real life lessons from it. Big thanks to Disney+ for adding this show in the streaming service.

• Invincible Season 2 and Invincible Season 3 have been greenlit by Amazon Prime Video

I'm counting down the hours to the Invincible Season 1 Finale, and hearing this news has made me so happy. I wish to get into reading the comics down the road because I have fallen in love with the world and characters, I genuinely look at Robert Kirkman as a genius for all his work.

• The finale of Invincible is fucking amazing holy shit!

VERY VERY VERY excited for the next season.

• edited April 2021

Mmm, Mmmm, Kipo is getting good!

The latest episode "Ratland" was super nice. There were great chill moments at the amusement park (the patrons Amy and Brad are so fun omg), and in moments of action, the soundtrack was epic. Gimme more of that techno vibe, please!

Finally finding out more about the main villain (I like the Noble Red-Coat aesthetic he's got going on), and the relationship between Kipo and Benson was nice!

I was happy to see that most of the amusement park scenes didn't have any romantic undertones to them -- as I felt that would have been trope-ish -- but then Kipo does get the hots for him. Buuut, he goes out and literally says he's gay. Nice! Kinda feel bad for Kipo, but I'm glad it's not another "Girl meets boy, boy is nice to her, they fall in love, etc."
    She can have her relationship, but I'm glad it's not the default first boy she meets. Also now I have another possible relationship to root for! Benson and... Whoever he ends up meeting!
    EDIT: Alright, alright, maybe "unoriginal" isn't the best argument here, but the fact that they backed off from the common trope of "love at first sight" and more into "platonic is still cool" is neat and I don't see enough of.

Also, my worries about promo material spoiling things has officially died down in this episode. Kipo does indeed have Tiger powers, but it's not some end-of-season twist like I was expecting it would be. They're peppering it in now, with weird DNA sequences and stuff. Oooh, interesting. I wonder why she's got special mute powers, and where they came from?

• Watched the Invincible Finale earlier, my jaw was on the floor for the first half, and the second half I was about to cry through it. Some stuff the Episode dealt with are some stuff I've experienced in my life, so seeing it all play out on screen was emotional for me.

The Ending sets up Season 2 pretty well, with some interesting revelations likely to be the focus going forward.

I'd say more but how can I when the Finale left me speechless?

• edited May 2021

I watched The Mitchell's vs. The Machines which just released on Netflix. It's still really early to say, we're not even halfway through the year yet, but this might be my animated movie of the year. It's really damn good and really damn funny. I cannot believe how much I legit laughed out loud at the absurdity of some of the events of the film.

The art style is fantastic. It's very clearly using the same tech as Spider-Verse and it feels like a natural evolution of what was done before. They do a great job of playing around with the comic-ey/2D-ish look. I especially love the way the faces morph into these exaggerated expressions reminiscent of older Disney or Hanna Barbera cartoons. I do think it gets a little bit busy sometimes with the wacky effects but they never last too long so it doesn't bother me.

The characters are great, particularly Katie and her dad Rick who get the most development. I found their relationship to be incredibly relatable, especially for someone who wants to work on entertainment in the future. So certain elements of their story definitely hit close to home for me. Linda and Aaron are also great, though in comparison they're mostly comedic relief. Abbi Johnson, Danny McBride, Maya Rudolph and Mike Rianda (the director) do a great job voicing their respective characters. Holy shit Maya Rudolph fuckin' steals the show at one point that had me fucking laughing my ass off. Her delivery is so good and she absolutely chews it up and it's great.

I have very few criticisms. Like I said, the screen gets a bit busy sometimes with the wacky effects and it does get a little meme-y every so often but this never bothered me too much. The story is something that's definitely been done before, mostly in cheesy family roadtrip movies, but not with the same level of heart and care this movie has, with the exception of the masterpiece which is The Goofy Movie, and again I thought the movie was fuckin' hilarious. The director used to work on Gravity Falls and you can definitely feel some of its DNA in this. I love this fuckin' movie. This is Mike Rianda's first feature film and he knocked it out of the park. I really hope this does well because I would love to see what he does next.

If you're a fan of animation like me or you have a Netflix account like me, I absolutely recommend it. It's great!

• edited May 2021

Glad you enjoyed it,if you're looking for something similar i recommend The Leftovers it's made by the same people from Lost (Damon Lindelof) it's more focused on the characters and only has 3 seasons.

AronDracula posted: »

My binge marathon for LOST came to an end. I have no words to say. My eyes are filled with tears. I can totally understand why people were d

• I think I'll see it on Summer

iFoRias posted: »

Glad you enjoyed it,if you're looking for something similar i recommend The Leftovers it's made by the same people from Lost (Damon Lindelof) it's more focused on the characters and only has 3 seasons.

• Just saw Promising Young Woman.

Whoa.

If ya don't know, the movie's about a woman in her late 20s who, after dropping out of med school due to a sudden tragic event, secretly goes out to bars late at night and takes revenge on men who attempt to assault her.

• It's an interesting mix of thriller, drama, and a dab of romantic comedy at times. But first and foremost, it deals with some pretty unsettling and dark subject matter. Be warned.

• Carey Mulligan gives a stunning performance as Cassie, who is extremely driven, smart, and a bit vigilante in nature.
      When she leans into the calculated revenge side of herself, it's extremely captivating and kinda unsettling with what lengths she's willing to go to get the upper hand on someone. It's a movie where you can root for the main character, yet want her to stop -- as the price of what she's putting herself through to get what she wants might be too much.

• Bo Burnham plays the a-dorkable, awkward, yet a bit clingy acquaintance who Cassie reconnects with over the course of the film.
      He lends some great comedy chops to this film, but has some great depth to his character, as you're unsure of whether his intentions are true or not, tying into the great psychological thriller aspect of this movie.

• The soundtrack is so good.
      There's a lot of underground pop music here, some old-timey musical tracks, and a great violin cover of the iconic Toxic by Britney Spears.

• Such a good Best Picture nominee. Watch this film. Here's a trailer, but honestly it's way better going in blind, not expecting where the story might go or who you'll encounter. The climax to the end of the film was a non-stop jaw-dropping sequence of events.

• Well. Star Wars: The Bad Batch has kicked of to a sick premiere. Most certainly the best series premiere any star wars show has had. Picks up where Clone Wars left off and keeps up the high quality.

Was just amazing all around.

Also, do we not have a star wars thread?

• edited May 2021

It was nice to see

my boy Kanan again. I do wish that they got an actual kid to voice him instead of Freddie Prinze Jr cause he sounded like a grown ass man lol. Also they seemed to have retconned his origin which is a little weird.

Also, do we not have a star wars thread?

I'm pretty sure there was one but it got buried.

Thank goodness for small mercies.

captainivy1 posted: »

Well. Star Wars: The Bad Batch has kicked of to a sick premiere. Most certainly the best series premiere any star wars show has had. Picks u

• I also seen the first episode of The Bad Batch. Great premiere.

I never noticed that the padawan from the beginning was Kanan. I never watched Rebels, don't know when. I can't speak for everyone else but I hated the kid's voice because it didn't sound like a 12-year-old kid at all. That's like having Zack Tyler Eisen to reprise his role as Aang still 12 years old in Avatar. Because he grew up and his young voice is gone forever.

• Finally got to watch Godzilla vs Kong. It was what I expected and I had fun. Probably the best film of the Monsterverse.

• edited May 2021

Recently finished 2 shows (or just seasons of shows), Season 1 of Kipo and the Animaniacs Reboot

Kipo:

• The show is another awesome hit from Dreamworks (man, who knew they could jump into the TV format so well?) The world of Las Vistas is super fun and unique. Plenty of mutant bipedal animals roam the land, with many of them seeking to gain supremacy over humans. There's also a lot of crazier mutant animals that all mostly are 50-feet tall, have an obscene increase of appendages, or both.
    • Really loved the whole season through and through. The development of Kipo and her dad's relationship, the look into Wolf's past, the villain, the various antics in each episode... The Mod Frogs, Ratland, Newton Wolves, and Hummingbombers are all the coolest (the EDM Bees are a pretty neat character design too).
    • The style of this show is really fun to watch. They use music really well. Action scenes have the music blaring over what's happening on screen, some of it is diegetic (coming from within the world -- the characters are aware of it), the title card smash cut is so satisfying and unique... It's great. Also, no idea who decided to put a 3-minute mental-trip-awakening in the season finale (the whole Purple Tiger Eye song) but damn was that well-made. Sterling K Brown can siiing, holy cow. :flushed:

Animaniacs:

• This show is fun. Plenty of sketch comedy from the Warners, lots of satire, some of it pretty relevant to today... it's good. Pinky and the Brain is also a nice break from the zany, insany antics of the Warners, providing a more sophisticated edge and cutting commentary of society and politics and pop-culture at times. Some of hte running jokes I feel are overused, but that's probably the point. (the 'Are you Pondering what I'm Pondering?' gets a bit annoying, but I see the appeal.)
    • Some of the jokes rely on previous knowledge of the 90s show -- something I don't have, which is a bit sad, but that's fine. Let the real fans have their desserts. They've been waiting for a comeback for a while. Some of the jokes can also be a bit too silly and slapstick, but that's also basically what this show is all about. Cartoon mania.
    • Gosh, the satire is great. There's a few skits where I'm not entirely sure what they're spoofing ('The Cutening' comes to mind) but others are very fun and twist it in a child-like, cartoonish way so that it's accessible for kids too. (This is a kids' show.... right?) Stuff like Homer's Iliad, Breaking into the NSA with help from Snowden, lampooning divisive, hot-button US News Networks, or horror films like IT are all fair game, even if such topics might be out of reach or age-range for the kids.
    • If I have one complaint, it's that the finale didn't really feel like a finale. Or, the last sketch of the season didn't have the big impact I think it should. It was just a 2-minute song that mentioned every First Lady and that's it. Putting the previous episode there instead, ending it with a fun The Rock parody + Social Issue sketch 'Manny Manspreader' would have been more enjoyable, or 'The Warner's Press Conference' from a few episodes before that, since that was very meta, very fun, and could have been very tease-y for whenever the Second season arrives.

Next, I don't know what I'll jump into. Maybe another season of Kipo, maybe the second Infinity Train, maybe something else... Haven't decided yet. So many shows on my backlog ouch.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

maybe the second Infinity Train

Recently finished 2 shows (or just seasons of shows), Season 1 of Kipo and the Animaniacs Reboot Kipo: * The show is another aweso

• 3 episodes into Invincible, I can definitely see the hype for this show. I can do without the cringy romance love triangle, but other than that, it’s really interesting. And I definitely recognize several TWD actors/actresses. I’ve never read the comics, might be checking those out just to see what differences there are.

• I just finished the first episode yesterday. Man, what a premiere. It seemed pretty decent and held a lot of the gore and brutality close to its chest (which surprised me, all people talk about is how Robert Kirkman made it and it sticks to his mature style), but THAT ENDING. Daaaamn.

I probably said 25 different variations of "Holy Shit.", "Wait, what?", or "Fuuuck. Noooo."
    I've heard the beginning of the series sticks to playing the superhero drama and teenage coming-of-age tropes pretty straight, but it's the underlying antagonist mystery that keeps you going.

Fun fact: I HAD to start this show recently because of a certain finale meme circulating the internet. It's a neat meme, and everyone's re-drawing their own interpretation of it. But, I'd mostly avoided the source image from the actual show, until Youtube reccommended me an official clip from Amazon Prime, cashing in on the meme a few days ago -- spoiling the scene and characters within with a big 1080p thumbnail. Thanks Amazon.

3 episodes into Invincible, I can definitely see the hype for this show. I can do without the cringy romance love triangle, but other than t

Sign in to comment in this discussion.