Resident Evil 8 Discussion

1235»

Comments

• this is my curreny ranking, but it's subject to change based on how my 5 and 6 replays go.

https://ggapp.io/NAYRNoah/lists/mainline-resident-evil-games-ranked-from-7a0Bnrfj

AronDracula posted: »

How would you rank the RE games you played? Here is my list: * REmake * RE8 * RE3 (Original) * RE2 (Remake) * RE7 * RE5 * RE4 * RE2 (Original) * RE3 (Remake) * RE6 * RE0 * RE Revelations 2 * RE Code Veronica

• edited May 2021

Ok, I got stuck at the Heisenberg boss fight with turret mobile in VOS. How many fucking times do I have to destroy those 3 weakpoints?

EDIT: finally beat this stupid mode

• edited May 2021

I watched Resident Evil Degeneration. It's a movie about Leon and Claire who are approaching the threat of the G-Virus for the second time after Raccoon City. The movie takes place after the events of RE4, considering that Hunningan makes a cameo in the film.

This movie was ok. I didn't hate it but I didn't love it either. It was much better than Vendetta but it doesn't really say much. I thought the first act was good because it did feel like the classic survival horror. However, when they get to the second act, it gets more ridiculous and I didn't care much what was happening. I think this movie is just made for fanservice and only RE2 fans can find this movie good.

EDIT: I watched this film on Netflix and for some stupid reason, it did not have english audio and I had to listen to japanesse with english subtitles. Morons.

• How the fuck did I not notice the fact that this game has a New Game Plus?

• Here is my last part on this game. I also sent my condolences to Jeanette Maus at the end of the video.

• So Capcom said Village will be at E3, so looks like some DLC is coming.

If I had to guess, it is probably more characters in Mercenaries or smaller stuff like Ghost Survivors from RE2R. I don't realistically see it being story-dlc with new areas.

• Wait, what do you mean by characters? Playable or just enemy NPCs? Cause if they are PCs, what is the point? It would be nice to see familiar faces but the game is First Person, thus not getting to seem their faces during gameplay.

Poogers555 posted: »

So Capcom said Village will be at E3, so looks like some DLC is coming. If I had to guess, it is probably more characters in Mercenaries or smaller stuff like Ghost Survivors from RE2R. I don't realistically see it being story-dlc with new areas.

• Could potentially have it so each character has their own type of class. I know RE8 Mercenaries may not work that well with it, but could be interesting to have it so theres a "Play as X character in this remixed version"

Wait, what do you mean by characters? Playable or just enemy NPCs? Cause if they are PCs, what is the point? It would be nice to see familiar faces but the game is First Person, thus not getting to seem their faces during gameplay.

• Hmmm, I guess we will not get Resident Evil 9 any sooner. There is a leak that say the game has been in development since 2018 and it will have the biggest development journey out of all the RE main titles, maybe even bigger than RE4's. It said that when the game launches, it will have like 6-7 years of development. So that means we should expect it until 2024 or 2025.

If those rumors are true, I think I will be ok with that. Waiting this long sucks so hard and I think I will already graduate from college by then but as long as the game gets finished and has a story that it needs to tell, I'm all for it.

• edited June 2021

Are you FUCKING KIDDING ME?????

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/resident-evil-netflix-series-cast-lance-reddick-albert-wesker-1234994435/

‘Resident Evil’ Netflix Live-Action Series Sets Lance Reddick as Albert Wesker

I shouldn't have been surprised but how hard is it to not make the same or even worse mistakes than Paul W.S. Anderson. First Mortal Kombat Annihilation, second Aliens vs Predator Requiem and now THIS??? Fuck this show already. Dead on Arrival.

• Just, uh...

As an outsider to many Resident Evil things, I've gotta say, that casting is working on me... Lance Reddick is cool.

Are you FUCKING KIDDING ME????? https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/resident-evil-netflix-series-cast-lance-reddick-albert-wesker-1234994435

• He could play a character in Resident Evil but not the motherfucking Albert Wesker. This show will be dead on arrival

AChicken posted: »

Just, uh... As an outsider to many Resident Evil things, I've gotta say, that casting is working on me... Lance Reddick is cool.

• Albert Wesker

Ohh, I see.

Yeah, I get the whole "inaccurate character/actor casting" can be a turn-off, and doesn't fit the look of a character in your head (or literally on screen), but I'm kind of open to it (though my opinion probably doesn't matter since I'm not associated with RE).
    Have you heard about the latest adaptation of The Sandman by Neil Gaiman? There's some unique casting in that one, where Death is played by a black woman (in the book, noted to be played by a pale man) and the role of Desire is played by a non-binary person (actually correct, in the book is introduced as "-him, -her, or itself".
    Neil Gaiman literally doesn't care about the hate or the non-conventional casting of the show. So long as it faithfully adapts his story or messages within he probably doesn't care.

“I give all the fucks about the work,” tweeted Gaiman. “I spent 30 years successfully battling bad movies of Sandman. I give zero fucks about people who don’t understand/ haven’t read Sandman whining about a non-binary Desire or that Death isn’t white enough. Watch the show, make up your minds.”

He could play a character in Resident Evil but not the motherfucking Albert Wesker. This show will be dead on arrival

• Guess I was wrong. RE8 will have a DLC.

• Village is going to get DLC in the future.

Seems like it is just starting, so it may be a while. The reveal was literally just "by popular demand we are now gonna make DLC for Village" so it could easily end up being like a year from now.

I wonder what it will end up being? Continuation? Side-story happening at the same time? I just hope it ends up being a bit more complex than the RE7 DLC, because even though they were fun, they were kinda just "walk in a line" kinds of DLCs.

Anyway, solid bet it'll be a DLC about Lady D lmao

• I watched Resident Evil Damnation, the second animated RE movie. I think this one is the best out of all the animated films and much better than the first one. However, that doesn't exactly say much because this is just a movie for hardcore fans. It does introduce some new ideas which were cool but overall, it's just another fan-service. I can only speak for myself but I don't think Resident Evil ever works as a movie.

• actually gonna disagree with you here. lance reddick would be a flawless albert wesker. he's got the voice, the cold demeanor, the attitude, give the boy some cool shades and a turtleneck and have him say the funny global saturation line and you've got a perfect wesker. if you're only concern is the look then that's a little silly given D.C Douglas looks absolutely nothing like wesker and yet plays him perfectly. if this show is "dead on arrival" it's a failure of filmmaking and not simply casting lance reddick, so your hang up seems kinda weird here.

He could play a character in Resident Evil but not the motherfucking Albert Wesker. This show will be dead on arrival

• edited June 2021

Imma assume this is a joke but still gonna say that voice-acting and acting aren't the same thing.

actually gonna disagree with you here. lance reddick would be a flawless albert wesker. he's got the voice, the cold demeanor, the attitude,

• edited June 2021

True. But Lance could do his own good take on the character though.

Think of the original Aladdin vs. the Live-Action remake (controversial, I know).
    I've seen both and if we're talking about the Genie, both versions are fine. Robin Williams is so playful in the role (and the animators did fantastic work), whereas Will Smith does his own thing, kinda acting as Aladdin's "hype man" throughout the film. I think it's fine. The CGI is pretty good and I enjoyed some of the new mixes of the songs.

...But to be fair if we're talking about Jafar, lol no the live-action version is significantly worse. I didn't feel a speck of menace or evil from that verson. And don't get me started on Iago.
    Point is... enjoyable, different adaptations can happen! (Time will tell if Tom Holland's Nathan Drake can live up to the persona in the games, or the Nathan Fillion fan-film.)

Imma assume this is a joke but still gonna say that voice-acting and acting aren't the same thing.

• why would you assume this is a joke?? i genuinely think lance reddick would be great in the role. and yeah, VA work and standard acting are not the same but there have been countless examples of good actors doing great VA work and vice versa so why should we treat them as two worlds that are far apart?

• This isn't the same situation as Daniel Craig for James Bond, dude. I mean, would you actually think an african-american would actually fit to play a blonde white douchebag like Wesker? When I look at Lance, I can never think of him as Wesker because he looks absolutely nothing like him. I would think of him as Tyrell from RE3 remake or Josh from RE5, the better choices for him. This does nothing but give me flashbacks to The Last Airbender movie, which completely whitewashed Katara and Sokka, the sibilings of the Water Tribe. They look and act nothing like their animated counterparts.

There is no reason for them to just change the race like that. He makes Wesker from Paul Anderson's movies look very faithful.

why would you assume this is a joke?? i genuinely think lance reddick would be great in the role. and yeah, VA work and standard acting are

• ok but why do you care what his race is when this show is a non-canon spin-off that has absolutely no effect on the parts of resident evil you love? why do we need to silence the artist's interpretation of the character when it literally has zero effect on the rest of the franchise and is it's own contained thing? i feel like you're making a mountain out of a molehill over something that-

A ) we have not even seen a microsecond of footage about

and

B ) will likely just be a one and done netflix thing that will just fade into the rest of the resident evil conglomerate.

i simply find it very odd that out of the several thousand hours worth of resident evil content that exists and is out there and of all the different interpretations of wesker that exist, which there are dozens, that you zero in on this adaptation simply because he doesn't look the part.

i like to think i know of you pretty well and i personally have a lot of respect for you aron, so i don't think you're racist or anything for zeroing in on lance, that would be a genuinely braindead thing to think. i just feel like you of all people should know by now that change isn't always a bad thing. the RE series especially is no stranger to change. lance is a phenomenal actor and could kill it in a lot of roles, so i'd say give the directors and writers a chance to give him direction and see how you feel when we have more substantial content to judge his interpretation based off of.

This isn't the same situation as Daniel Craig for James Bond, dude. I mean, would you actually think an african-american would actually fit

• why do you care what his race is when this show is a non-canon spin-off that has absolutely no effect on the parts of resident evil you love? why do we need to silence the artist's interpretation of the character when it literally has zero effect on the rest of the franchise and is it's own contained thing?

Just how hard is it not the do the same or even worse mistakes than the previous adaptation of a video game? What is the point of adapting the name Resident Evil if they are not even gonna try to be faithful to the source material? All I want from them is stop being a cliche. Stop choosing greed over quality.

that change isn't always a bad thing.

Who said it was? We are talking about the movies, not the games. I am aware that RE changes went through various changes. First games use fixed camera, the second trilogy is third person action adventure and the latest games are first person. I was okay with that because I enjoy all of them for different reasons. But we are talking about the characters, not the gameplay.
    Now I'm not asking them to make a shot-for-shot adaption but they shouldn't make changes which are completely unnecessary. What is the point, unless they pull a plot twist on us? I want to give them respect for at least trying to be faithful to the series but they don't care at all. If they don't care, why should I?

lance is a phenomenal actor and could kill it in a lot of roles, so i'd say give the directors and writers a chance to give him direction and see how you feel when we have more substantial content to judge his interpretation based off of.

I'm afraid that's not possible. I don't really care about any movie or tv adaptations of RE. I did watch first 2 animated films which were just ok. Seen them once and never will again. But the third one was completely terrible. I hated it.

ok but why do you care what his race is when this show is a non-canon spin-off that has absolutely no effect on the parts of resident evil y

• Seen them once and never will again. But the third one was completely terrible. I hated it.

absolutely horrifying take. vendetta is the best film ever created for the gunfight at the end alone. i'd be willing to forgive the lance reddick thing, but hating this?

that's insanity to me

why do you care what his race is when this show is a non-canon spin-off that has absolutely no effect on the parts of resident evil you love

• Now that you showed me this, it's even worse than I remember. Chris and Glenn look like children playing with toy guns.

I understand that Resident Evil in general always had ridiculous moments. Hell, I consider RE6 a guilty pleasure but scenes like this...I dunno. I just don't feel anything other than slapping my face in every second. The Wesker fight with Chris and Sheva cutscene in RE5 looked more realistic than this.

Seen them once and never will again. But the third one was completely terrible. I hated it. absolutely horrifying take. vendetta is

• I dunno about you but I hate the mercenaries mode in Village. The first four levels are perfectly balanced but once they double the difficulty of these levels, it's just not fun anymore. I don't even know if I want to get the lightsaber anymore because the last four levels are absolutely crap. Even Jack 55th Birthday from RE7 was more balanced than this crap mode. I should at least just get the trophy so I can earn the platinum.

• FINALLY!!! I got the platinum.

• Having seen the game through the ending as of last night, I have a query.
    First of all, I will say that the game looks gorgeous(as much a horror game in the winter can) and that as out there as it seems to have gotten for what I've seen of the series, the story told was generally fantastic across spaces. That said, I do see issues and have nits to pick regarding the individual things that make many plots come together: What does everyone think of the characters, particularly the villains?

• You know, I gotta say-- skipping ahead to the end for the condolences and hearing you for the first time with your thoughts on the Beneviento section is jarring as hell. Could've sworn I watched a bit of a video before, but I guess not.

Here is my last part on this game. I also sent my condolences to Jeanette Maus at the end of the video.

• hearing you for the first time with your thoughts on the Beneviento section is jarring as hell

I used to think Beneviento slowed the pacing a little bit but I have come around to it.

DabigRG posted: »

You know, I gotta say-- skipping ahead to the end for the condolences and hearing you for the first time with your thoughts on the Beneviento section is jarring as hell. Could've sworn I watched a bit of a video before, but I guess not.

• I was referring to your voice, actually

hearing you for the first time with your thoughts on the Beneviento section is jarring as hell I used to think Beneviento slowed the pacing a little bit but I have come around to it.

• My voice sucks, I know.

DabigRG posted: »

I was referring to your voice, actually

• I wouldn't say it sucks, just ...not at all like the frequently pissed off 15 year old white dude I sometimes hear when you post.

At the very least, I remember you having an accent in whatever video it was, even if it is more French-leaning

My voice sucks, I know.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.