Summer Game Fest/E3 Season 2022

13»

Comments

• I hear you, absolutely tragic.

Truly tells you how horrible the game is ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Couldn’t resist lol

This is the first time I’ve talked about TLOU 2 in I can’t even remember how long. It wasn’t even hyperbole when I said soul-sucking; this is the only game I played where I felt immediately sapped of joy playing it. People are allowed to voice their opinions when the topic comes up.

lupinb0y posted: »

The only thing soul sucking is reading the exact same comments over and over again about how the game poisoned our water supply, burned our crops and delivered a plague unto our houses, two years after the game's been out.

• True but it was Naughty Dog's goal to split us up.

The only thing soul sucking is reading the exact same comments over and over again about how the game poisoned our water supply, burned our crops and delivered a plague unto our houses, two years after the game's been out.

• edited June 2022

ANYWAY
    Yesterday's Netflix Geeked Week Gaming showcase was wild.
    I will admit that Geoff Keighley's presence and link to Summer Games Fest made the event feel more "real" and less "corporate" with how much he'd reference other game similarities or other SGF events so far -- all the other Geeked Week events have felt self-centered for Netflix. Like a "We are the center of the universe -- there is nothing but Netflix content" mindset that felt very off.
    His stunned reaction to a "Too Hot To Handle" dating sim game was hilarious. Felt like he was seeing the end-times of video games. I'd be willing to agree given how shovel-ware the footage looked.

As expected, Oxenfree is coming to your mobile device in the future, given this preview

I still think Netflix keeping some of these games to mobile devices is bad. I'm not a mobile gamer, I don't feel comfortable playing games on a phone. This feels like a dumb Quibi move all over again.

Wholesome Direct is on now with feel-good, calming games.

There's rumors that we'll get a God of War Ragnarok announcement at the final week of June. Reports say it's still a November 2022 game, but could still be pushed to 2023.

• edited June 2022

Truly tells you how horrible the game is ¯(ツ)

Fuckin' gottem

Absolutely fair and I'm not saying you can't voice your opinion at all but the negativity certainly gets tiring after two years of pretty much the same comments from a variety of different people lol.

Cocoa2736 posted: »

I hear you, absolutely tragic. Truly tells you how horrible the game is ¯_(ツ)_/¯ (Spoiler)

• lmao

AronDracula posted: »

True but it was Naughty Dog's goal to split us up.

• edited June 2022

"Too Hot To Handle" dating sim game

AChicken posted: »

ANYWAY Yesterday's Netflix Geeked Week Gaming showcase was wild. I will admit that Geoff Keighley's presence and link to Summer Games Fes

• edited June 2022

Tbh I think I was just irked that the first game is being renamed part 1 and that subconsciously compelled me to respond. Now that I look back I was being too negative.

I don’t think fondly of part 2. I believe it deserved all the hate it got (the game not anyone involved in it), but I get negativity in general is draining. It’s a sense of betrayed passion. Hate for games like the last of us 2 or the clem comic is just wounded love for the stories that came before them.

In a way it’s awe-inspiring that fiction can elicit those kind of emotions and investment.

Truly tells you how horrible the game is ¯(ツ)/¯ Fuckin' gottem Absolutely fair and I'm not saying you can't voice your opinion a

• Behold Geoff and his new guilty pleasure

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxV5cj_tMdRW53xpQlynieXW75ANdN7ExH

"Too Hot To Handle" dating sim game

• The face of a man second guessing his career.

Behold Geoff and his new guilty pleasure https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxV5cj_tMdRW53xpQlynieXW75ANdN7ExH

• edited June 2022

Woooooo! New trailer for A Plague Tale: Requiem!

The trailer specifically focuses on Amicia killing people, with Lucas pretty much begging her to not to kill and then later with her fearing what she's turning into. There's also that bit at the end with Amicia telling Hugo to summon the rats to attack. I wonder if this means that there'll be some sort of morality system in the game, where you can avoid killing enemies.

• I was just about to comment about this. It looks fucking amazing. I am more looking forward to this than TLOU remake.

Woooooo! New trailer for A Plague Tale: Requiem! The trailer specifically focuses on Amicia killing people, with Lucas pretty much be

• edited June 2022

I am more looking forward to this than TLOU remake.

The fact this game looks more badass and beautiful and amazing is why I am looking forward to it. Need to back replay the first game. Also morality is awesome to play in games. I don't think I would kill everyone in the game especially who knows,what these enemies life is like. Like Metro Last Light gave me some good feels over what form moral person you are. I liked that a lot about it and it was awesome. I think this game is going to be very challenging and good to play.

Btw? Lol yuppp that TLOU remake looks sooooooo damn bad.

I was just about to comment about this. It looks fucking amazing. I am more looking forward to this than TLOU remake.

• Btw? Lol yuppp that TLOU remake looks sooooooo damn bad.

It actually doesn't look bad. It's just very unnecessary and the price is unjustified.

strwar3 posted: »

I am more looking forward to this than TLOU remake. The fact this game looks more badass and beautiful and amazing is why I am looki

• It's just very unnecessary and the price is unjustified.

Well they care about money and yup unnecessary for anyone who just says the normal Last of Us game. Remakes like this one? Yup nothing more than cashing in on the hype of The Last of Us. Oh yes that price is Bullshit! Lol like what?!?

Btw? Lol yuppp that TLOU remake looks sooooooo damn bad. It actually doesn't look bad. It's just very unnecessary and the price is unjustified.

• Even if I was excited for this remake, I would still be like "Fuck you, not giving you 70 bucks just for upgraded graphics, the ability to prone and the useless jump button"

strwar3 posted: »

It's just very unnecessary and the price is unjustified. Well they care about money and yup unnecessary for anyone who just says the

• edited June 2022

After all these years, Starfield gameplay. There's ship customisation, you can fill a ship with a crew of your choosing, more in-depth settlement building along with resource gathering, over 1000 planets to explore, humans characters that actually look like humans and the visuals don't look like they're a generation behind.

Bethesda RPG's scratch that itch that other RPG's can't so I'm looking forward to this. Also the mods.

It's like Bethesda looked at No Man's Sky and thought, "We could probably do that."

• edited June 2022

Other games that interested me.

This one looks really funky. The use of 2D human characters with a cartoon filter that have 1 frame of animation per second look really weird alongside the actual proper 3D animation. The visuals put me off but them showing a big story tree and how seemingly varied the outcomes can get intrigues.

It's pretty much Arkane's take on Left 4 Dead but with vampires. Gameplay looks solid as usual and I really like how they showed the potential for teamwork in this with the abilities. Not too sure about the writing, especially at the start where it's shown as much more spooky but then turns into something more goofy.

Definitely wasn't expecting this to be an Obsidian game but I really like the look of this. I love the middle ages tapestry art style.

It looks cool! I wish there were more stealth games and the art style looks good. Reminds me a lot of the first Aragami game.

Really like the visuals in this, especially the enemy and boss designs.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

This one looks really funky. The use of 2D human characters with a cartoon filter that have 1 frame of animation per second look really weird alongside the actual proper 3D animation. The visuals put me off but them showing a big story tree and how seemingly varied the outcomes can get intrigues.

Honestly, it being 8 player co-op is what got me going, "What the fuck do you mean choice based 8 player co-op!?"

Other games that interested me. This one looks really funky. The use of 2D human characters with a cartoon filter that have 1 frame o

• Yup

Even if I was excited for this remake, I would still be like "Fuck you, not giving you 70 bucks just for upgraded graphics, the ability to prone and the useless jump button"

• Oh wow didn't even catch that. I wonder if it'll be like how Supermassive Games handles co-op, where each player is assigned a certain character and when that character pops up, it just passes the controls over to them. I can't think of any other way it could possibly work.

dojo32161 posted: »

This one looks really funky. The use of 2D human characters with a cartoon filter that have 1 frame of animation per second look really weir

• edited June 2022

Honestly when I heard the whole thousand planet thing I immediately felt a feeling of not good. There is just no way any of those planets will feel completed and it feels like this is really "4 actual planets and then fluff." Would really love to be blown away and it turns out all these other planets really feel alive but I don't think I can see it. Reminds me like how Skyrim had infinite quest but it was really "please kill x beast in area out of 3" over and over again or Fallout's "Please help settlement :(" quest. So I assume a lot of those planets will be used for that stuff, so if thats the case, I really hope there is a lot more than just 3 of the infinite quest and that they are a bit more than go from point A do thing at point B return to point A.

Basically I hope they have some more complex procedural generation this time because in theory it should work great, but logistically I can't see it. (So please open my eyes Todd)

After all these years, Starfield gameplay. There's ship customisation, you can fill a ship with a crew of your choosing, more in-depth settl

• edited June 2022

I'm definitely expecting the thousand planets to really be maybe 5% actually inhabited planets with things to look for, another 5% of mostly empty planets with some quests here and there, and 90% randomly generated barren planets with some alien animals where you can collect resources and build stuff. Then there'll probably be DLC after the release to expand on a few more things.

It's very expansive and ambitious and I have my doubts that they'll really nail it all down, but if they somehow manage to pull off making even 20-25% of these places interesting then I'd already call that a win.

Also I can't wait for someone to port the entirety of Skyrim onto one of these planets.

I can see it now. You try to land on a mysterious planet called Skyrim, but your ship malfunctions, you crash into the planets surface and black out. You soon awaken to find yourself on the back of a horse carriage, surrounded by several other men. Then one of them calls out to you, "Hey, you! you're finally awake!"

Poogers555 posted: »

Honestly when I heard the whole thousand planet thing I immediately felt a feeling of not good. There is just no way any of those planets wi

• Not entirely relevant, but I did come across a NintendoLife video recently that critiqued and pinned the lackluster SummerGameFest show on a few good points.
    Mainly, it was the pacing, the structure, and the Random unedited Dwayne Johnson Promo that kinda made it a bore, and I'm willing to agree. We didn't need to cut back to Geoff and Friends after every reveal, we didn't need 3 sci-fi horror trailers in the span of 15 minutes, the show didn't need to be over 1.5hours and we didn't need a freakin Movie trailer lol.

Tomorrow though I'll check out the Wholesome Games Stream and see if there's anything nice on there to point out. I've heard much of it unintentionally features lots chickens and frogs, so that should be fun to see.

• It is a bit strange knowing it'll become an in person event like the game awards. Unless theres a big production change, I feel that'll be pretty weird.

That said, really hope Game Awards get better. I know they probably won't, but man last years really were kind of bad. Awards and announcements during pre-show I always find to be super disrespectful (like congrats dude, you're thing aint even good enough for the real show looool) crap ton of ads, "We are bigger than music and film industry! So here is a bunch of famous celebrities from those industries instead of people in our industry!" and "Whoa buddy, looks like you're acceptance speech is reaching 20 seconds, better wrap that up!"

I know its same old thing every year and I will say Game Awards are better than pretty much any other award show, but still. It used to have a bit more of an event feel to it, last few years that "eventful" feeling ain't really been the same.

Not entirely relevant, but I did come across a NintendoLife video recently that critiqued and pinned the lackluster SummerGameFest show on a

• edited June 2022

I know its same old thing every year and I will say Game Awards are better than pretty much any other award show, but still. It used to have a bit more of an event feel to it, last few years that "eventful" feeling ain't really been the same.

Kinda agree, but I'm glad we seem to have gotten out of the EXTREMELY blatant promotion block Era.

Does the words "SHICK HYDRO BOT" ring a bell?

Edit: it was Schick actually. Glad it doesn't seem to have imprinted on my mind as much as it wants to...

Poogers555 posted: »

It is a bit strange knowing it'll become an in person event like the game awards. Unless theres a big production change, I feel that'll be p

• HydroBot will always have an exception and I hope I live to see the day of his return at the Game Awards.

I know its same old thing every year and I will say Game Awards are better than pretty much any other award show, but still. It used to have

• Really hope so! Really curious how it all works out in the end. Back to praying for Todd and hoping the thousand planets thing doesnt turn into the next Bethesda meme

I'm definitely expecting the thousand planets to really be maybe 5% actually inhabited planets with things to look for, another 5% of mostly

I watched the Wholesome Games Stream live, and I can say there were a lot of cool and interesting games, these three in particular caught my eye:

Not entirely relevant, but I did come across a NintendoLife video recently that critiqued and pinned the lackluster SummerGameFest show on a

• Doki Toki looks and sounds suspiciously like another game that is very not wholesome.

dojo32161 posted: »

I watched the Wholesome Games Stream live, and I can say there were a lot of cool and interesting games, these three in particular caught my eye:

• There is a Capcom Showcase about to happen in thegameawards channel, at 1:00 AM in my timezone. PLEASE, GIVE ME RESIDENT EVIL VILLAGE DLC!!!!

I wouldn't be surprised if we do see RE8 DLC, though, keep in mind for any other hopes aside from that that the showcase will focus mostly on already announced things, though there will apparently be "1 or 2 announcements", I'm hoping for something Ace Attorney related myself.

There is a Capcom Showcase about to happen in thegameawards channel, at 1:00 AM in my timezone. PLEASE, GIVE ME RESIDENT EVIL VILLAGE DLC!!!!

• That's it. Capcom is the winner of this month, especially for a Resident Evil fan like me. We got:

• Resident Evil 7, 2 and 3 receiving Next Gen upgrades
    • Resident Evil 4 Remake Gameplay revealed
    • Resident Evil Village getting a Third Person Mode? Are you fucking shitting me? That caught me off guard.
    • RE Village DLC revealed
    • RE Village Mercenaries getting new playable characters and levels. You can now play as Lady Dimitrescu.

This is by far my favorite video game conference of this month. I couldn't be more happy about this.

• edited June 2022

I wonder how the third person mode will work with cutscenes. I guess they must have redone most of them and now you can actually see Ethan react to things, which'll be neat.

It'd be funny if you still couldn't see his face. Like if you turned the camera around he'd turn his head or a lens flare would block it. Then in cutscenes there's always an object conveniently placed to obscure his face.

• edited June 2022

Time for me to revisit Resident Evil 7, 2 and 3 with next gen upgrade this time.

• Just remembered this is probably the best way to sum up how I felt watching Starfeild until they mention the thousands of planets

and obviously because energy drink. I love this energy drink its great and you should drink it while you watch Black Adam only in theaters this summer, Black Adam drink the energy drink

• As far as I am concerned, this 1000 planets detail for Starfield is the most Todd Howard thing Todd has ever said by far. Can't wait for people to fall for his bullshit again.

• edited June 2022

STOP THE PRESSES I have watched the Wholesome Direct and there is a SMOL CHICKEN GAME

Lumbearjack looks cute+fun. Kaichu, Kaiju Dating Sim looks silly. There really was a weird amount of frogs in the presentation. Also Birb Dating Sim

@AronDracula The Spirit and the Mouse give me a lot of Ratatouille Game Vibes. Very Puzzle-Platformer-like

Wholesome Games

• I need that mouse game. Depending on when it releases, it could be a palette cleanser after playing the sequel to A Plague Tale.

STOP THE PRESSES I have watched the Wholesome Direct and there is a SMOL CHICKEN GAME Lumbearjack looks cute+fun. Kaichu, Kaiju Datin

Sign in to comment in this discussion.