The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• My best friend announced the other day that his dog had died. His dog was kinda old so I just assumed it was of old age, but he earlier today told me she actually drowned in his families pond in their backyard while he was at work. Jesus, I can't even imagine how that feels. Poor dog. She was so well behaved and had never fallen into his pond before in the decade he's had her. Just sucks all around.

• We here at Telltale are happy to celebrate the 10 year anniversary of The Wolf Among Us! Like you, we are all excited for the upcoming sequel. But we still don't have anything to show! But please take a look at the upcoming bonus DLC episode for The Expan-

• Minecraft III: The Craftening

Poogers555 posted: »

also I regret to inform everyone that Jesse does not appear in Expanse episode 5 and it appears Minecraft 3 - Return to Boom Town is not real

• edited September 2023

Random question but uh did anyone play the Bruner house Star trek game? This has me curious after finishing the expanse how that holds up. Obviously its laughably low budget but I hear its actually 8-10 hrs. Was thinking of picking it up when it goes on a deeper sale (20-25 bucks)

• I never played it, but I did hear it had a lot of technical issues, I don't know if those were ever fixed.
    I did hear the story itself is pretty good Star Trek.

Random question but uh did anyone play the Bruner house Star trek game? This has me curious after finishing the expanse how that holds up. O

• me changing the resolution of star trek resurgence (it is the only graphical option. not a joke)

Random question but uh did anyone play the Bruner house Star trek game? This has me curious after finishing the expanse how that holds up. O

• HELL YEAH!

• Guys... did you remember, the 21st night of September just passed?

RIP Legacy Telltale. 🙏

• 5 Years....WTF??????

AChicken posted: »

Guys... did you remember, the 21st night of September just passed? RIP Legacy Telltale. 🙏

• 30 years after the events of Season 2, Jesse has went into hiding, having accepted the simple life on a pig farm in a remote island after an unknown entity known as the Wither King conquered his/her kingdom and seemingly killed most of his/her friends. The inhabitants of Jesse’s old kingdom now fear for their lives under the totalitarian rule of the despot Wither King, who revels in the misery of his subjects. Despite the dangers ahead, one young girl named May (Jay if you’re a dude) will escape from the evil ruler’s grip to take up the call to adventure along with her pet slime Mellow. Together they will set off to find the fabled Jesse and bring them back to their rightful glory, and bring together the remnants of the New Order of the Stone, all while making some new friends along the way.

Coming after the asking for Minecraft Story Mode S3 thread reaches 2000 days 🙃

Minecraft III: The Craftening

• rip

AChicken posted: »

Guys... did you remember, the 21st night of September just passed? RIP Legacy Telltale. 🙏

• me rereading my first comment on the asking for Minecraft Season 3 thread as they approach 1000 days like I'm not the literal same person waiting for wolf 2

• So what do you guys think will actually happen for the Wolf 10 year anniversary? Last year they randomly showed a few behind the scenes things and then said they were going to hold off showing more until later and then later never came, so maybe we can expect some more behind the scenes things? I feel like that plus a mix of talking with some of the devs would be cool. I'd say we'd be very lucky if they actual do show something Wolf 2 seeing how Game Awards seems like the time and place. Maybe they will simply say we will get an update before the end of the year lol

• I don't expect anything beside a dev talk with maybe few in-game screenshots showing up during the talk and maybe at the end we'll get a release date for 2024 with a info on prizing.

I really do hope they show an actual gameplay this time around, even though I love Wolf I am becoming really tired of waiting and I'm slowly loosing an interest in this game. This whole silence around it also makes me skeptical...

So what do you guys think will actually happen for the Wolf 10 year anniversary? Last year they randomly showed a few behind the scenes thin

• I think I am a bit more worried about what happens after Wolf 2. If Telltale partners with different studios every time there will be no consistency. Expanse doesn't even feel like it is a Telltale game because it seems Telltale was fine with Deck Nine just doing their own style instead of being closer to the Telltale style. But because Wolf 2 has so many original team members I think it will probably be a lot closer to what we'd expect. I think I will only really worry about Wolf 2 if it doesn't show up at the game awards because this is the last chance they can show it off there if it truly comes out next year. If they don't show up that to me sort of means "oops we missed a big date again" which can be concerning but it is possible they simply won't be there. I think ideally having a game award trailer that gives a more specific 2024 date like summer 2024 or something and later confirming they will do another event again for the final release date and in depth details would be the best outcome.

bruzdaa posted: »

I don't expect anything beside a dev talk with maybe few in-game screenshots showing up during the talk and maybe at the end we'll get a rel

• If Telltale partners with different studios every time there will be no consistency. Expanse doesn't even feel like it is a Telltale game because it seems Telltale was fine with Deck Nine just doing their own style instead of being closer to the Telltale style.

Probably the unpopular opinion but I'd honestly like this to be the case going forward. Part of the issue a lot of people had with the previous era was that many of the games felt way too similar. Sure there would be some new gimmick in each game to mix things up a little, but from 2012 to 2019 the only games I can say that truly stood out to me gameplay wise was Minecraft and The Final Season. Not saying I never want to see that style of gameplay ever again, but if new Telltale really is going to make collaboration a big part of their future, I'd rather each developer try and do their own thing to really stand out while still having that Telltale essence to it, which I feel The Expanse does to have even if it doesn't succeed all the way.

Especially since we might be getting yearly title releases considering Wolf 2 is almost certainly releasing in 2024 (knock on wood) and that a third unannounced game has already been confirmed to be in development. Maybe one year we could have something closer to the original Telltale formula, while another there could be something just a little different like The Expanse. Hell, maybe make it really different and do something like Puzzle Agent, or Hector, or maybe even do something in the realm of Return of the Obra Dinn and make it first person. I'd just like them to play around with different styles or at the very least alternate between them.

I think I am a bit more worried about what happens after Wolf 2. If Telltale partners with different studios every time there will be no con

• edited September 2023

I don't see an issue if Telltale wanted to branch out and make games that weren't strictly based on making choices and cinematic story telling but I also wouldn't call them a "Telltale Series" because they wouldn't be at that point.

I think I would have to disagree with Telltale's reuse of the formula. It was a lot less of an issue of the formula itself but how they designed around it. The biggest issue was Telltale's refusal to ever let choices have larger impacts and ditching more unique interactive moments like puzzles and explorable areas that didn't end after 2 minutes. The actual formula of 4 dialogues with a timer and making choices with interactive gameplay segments in between is fine as a formula but Telltale slowly tore that down to "Linear story, action QTE, Single Puzzle, Big choice with obvious A and B scene that still results in same outcome." There still should be a general DNA within all their games and its easy to just say "over used formula" when Telltale was basically a cook with many ingredients but kept making the same dish rather than taking those ingredients to make something new.

If each Telltale series can go from "2 choices with no timer and can interact every 3 minutes" to "4 choices with timer and can interact every 30 seconds" or have a very noticeable range of technique in how they are making these games (For example Expanse's action feels floaty, even with the little we've seen of Wolf 2 the action is far superior but will have to wait and see (such as how you interact with the QTEs being more than left click right click)) it would make Telltale an ever revolving door of developers and there would be no consistency in what each Telltale series would be. And I can't help but feel it would be pretty hard to keep an audience if there is no way of knowing what you're getting into based on previous games from New Telltale.

(There was also similar discussion back in the day about how Telltale was doing nothing but making games with new IPs and then ditching the old ones to get another IP which was usually counteracted with "I'd like to see Telltale do more than the same IPs over and over!" which obviously was not exactly Telltale's brightest idea. Telltale's non stop IP buying had a similar issue where they had fanbases who would be waiting to buy and leaving them for something that would cost them more but not bring in as many people had they stuck with what they had already. Not to say they should have never worked on other IPs but I think we are all familiar with Telltale's IP issues)

lupinb0y posted: »

If Telltale partners with different studios every time there will be no consistency. Expanse doesn't even feel like it is a Telltale game be

• I don't see an issue if Telltale wanted to branch out and make games that weren't strictly based on making choices and cinematic story telling but I also wouldn't call them a "Telltale Series" because they wouldn't be at that point.

Sorry I should have clarified. I meant keep the "choice and consequences" aspect but maybe change up the presentation. Whether it be something in the style of Puzzle Agent and Hector, or maybe a first person game. A better example for that would probably be something like The Forgotten City since that actually has a choices. That should be the Telltale DNA that should remain throughout all of their games along.

it would make Telltale an ever revolving door of developers and there would be no consistency in what each Telltale series would be.

I don't want them to never go back to formula. It's just back I'd like to see them also try out other things with their presentation and experiment more. If we're going to be getting yearly releases I'd like them to at least alternate between having something more like Wolf 2 (which is assumedly more classic Telltale) and something a little different.

I don't see an issue if Telltale wanted to branch out and make games that weren't strictly based on making choices and cinematic story telli

• I don't want them to never go back to formula. It's just back I'd like to see them also try out other things with their presentation and experiment more. If we're going to be getting yearly releases I'd like them to at least alternate between having something more like Wolf 2 (which is assumedly more classic Telltale) and something a little different.

I can agree with that but I do hope by different it would be different different. Like for example I wouldn't consider Expanse to fit in that kind of category, but Telltale making other narrative focused games that have different kinds of gameplay and interactivity like the games you listed I would be very open to.

I don't see an issue if Telltale wanted to branch out and make games that weren't strictly based on making choices and cinematic story telli

• How Drummer be looking at Tor after she crushes Arlen's head and shooting and killing Khan (she must now kill him no matter what even though at this point she is only defending Virgil who is terrified of her and realistically she'd probably just give the pirates what they want at this point)

• Has anyone started the new Walking Dead Daryl Dixon spinoff? I've heard it's the best TWD TV thing in a long time, and I'm eager to start it sometime soon.

I haven't seen the show since Rick took down Negan in like... Season 8 or 9?

The spinoff seems like a cool standalone expansion to the show, with Daryl mysteriously stranded in France for some reason.

• edited September 2023

Horizon: Forbidden West is coming to PC in 2024!

• First official clip of Scott Pilgrim Takes Off!

The slower pacing is definitely going to take some getting used to considering the movies breakneck speed, but it looks solid so far. It's similar in tone and pacing to how it goes in the comic, or at least how it usually plays in my head whenever I read it. Though it is a weird that this is the scene they're using for marketing lol. Also seems like they've changed it from Scott skimming Patel's email to just straight up ignoring it.

• me watching the wolf 2 trailer when the Bigby barges in on Bluebeard and the Shepard and the other animals when Bluebeard says" It looks there is a wolf among us too."

• edited September 2023

Yeah, this pace is gonna take some time to get used to after the film's iconic frantic dialogue.
    But it's cute though! Love the art style and what this slower pace might bring to the table too...

Also Ramona doesn't work for Amazon anymore RIP
    Oh, and Michael Cera sounds different to how he usually acts on camera! He's actually voice acting with range??

I'm also interested (in a "okay, this is too weird not to at least peek" way) in the Captain Lazerhawk Remix series that's a kind of big Ubisoft IP Crossover Madness?
    Looks like lots of cool action, time will tell if the writing's any good.
    But hey this is pretty unique for a video game IP adaptation.

First official clip of Scott Pilgrim Takes Off! The slower pacing is definitely going to take some getting used to considering the mo

• Man, screw the Telltale Batman servers on PS4. They've never worked for a long time now.

Well, actually, that's a lie. They worked last night, I have photo proof. But now? Nope again.
    Can't "be online" can't see choice results.
    It was like this in the first game when I played it again a few years ago and it's still like this now. "Connect your PS4 to the internet" I usually always am!

Last night (it worked!) Vs tonight. Same error message as always.

• Now THIS is a movie!!

• edited September 2023

Hey you. Yeah, you, over there. Tell me your favorite games of this generation so far?

Mine:

• What years are considered for "This generation"?

AronDracula posted: »

Hey you. Yeah, you, over there. Tell me your favorite games of this generation so far? (Spoiler)

• edited September 2023

From November 2020 to now

dojo32161 posted: »

What years are considered for "This generation"?

• edited September 2023

If you mean "This Generation" as in "developed/published for Xbox Series X/S or PS5, then... hmm...

Returnal is the big exclusive one that I ADORE on PS5. Makes use of all the features, is stunning to look at, and I was captivated by the sci-fi roguelike mechanics mixed with the spooky story.

wasn't really made for PS5, but I love HITMAN 3 and how the load times have improved drastically from the previous gen version.
    Control which I just recently replayed was finally a smooth experience with 60fps on next-gen! Wish we could have that and RT though. (But Spidey 2 does! All graphics modes have RT in some form apparently.)

the square enix Guardians of the Galaxy title was also a very visually stunning and high-quality game on PS5.

TBH there haven't been too many I've played so far that are strictly PS5 exclusive, but I'll get to more as the gen goes on. Plus, devs are finally starting to develop only for next-gen too...
    Astro's Playroom is the best PS5 game ever hands-down lol, plus it's free!

I feel like my response is going to change within the next 31 days though! next-gen Spider-Man from Insomniac, and next-gen Alan Wake horror from Remedy!

Hey you. Yeah, you, over there. Tell me your favorite games of this generation so far? (Spoiler)

• expanse has minimal npc conversations and choices that are hard to decipher why it would cause a certain outcome and each episode is go to abandoned ship and then return to your ship.

realizing new tales doing the same thing but its return to frans frogurts instead

• In no particular order:

• Gonna go beeg autism here so I'll spoiler tag it.

• Elden Ring - Big Soulsborne theymer here so I can't not include Elden Ring. I've got a lot of issues with it but I've also got a lot of issues with all the Soulsborne stuff so in particular, I love how the world feels real and lived in, I love how it's a natural evolution to the combat introduced in Ringed City and followed up on in Sekiro, love the atmosphere, just love love love it. Even without the open world it's the game I wished Dark Souls III was.

• The Last of Us: Part II - Does this count? Idk. I'm gonna say it does. This game is beautiful and wonderful and haunting and everything I loved about the first game kicked up to the extreme. Maybe it's a bit too long and maybe its themes are messy but they resonate with me so I'm saying I love it.

• Resident Evil 4 Remake - Yeah idk they mixed the best third person action game of all time with the best first person action horror game of all time and also added some hints of DMC5 so it's basically perfect.

• Resident Evil: Village - I love Ethan Winters!!!!! I love First Person Survival Horror!!!!!!! Game good!!!!

• The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - I think its cool this game is just Breath of the Wild with GMod physics and a better story. Cool game.

• How is Lost Judgement compared to the mainline Yakuza games? I just finished Yakuza 6 a few weeks ago and I loved it overall but I'm a bit let down with the combat in the Dragon Engine compared to the rest of the series' combat. Do the Judgement games kinda improve the feel of the brawler stuff?

dojo32161 posted: »

In no particular order: (Spoiler)

• Yakuza 6 was the first game in the series to use the Dragon Engine for combat, while Lost Judgment is the last, and I'd say it's probably, for my money, the best feeling brawler combat in the series? I don't remember the original Judgment's combat too well, but I remember it being mostly serviceable, LJ's such a clear upgrade to it just by adding Snake Style alone that I can't imagine going back, lmao.

How is Lost Judgement compared to the mainline Yakuza games? I just finished Yakuza 6 a few weeks ago and I loved it overall but I'm a bit l

• Hey does anyone remember the name of TWD Season 1 YTP that had a slice of Larry saying "Lee sit down and eat your goddamn HUMAN?" I thought of it today and I couldn't stop laughing but I don't remember which one it was.

• That is SirGiraffehat’s The Walking Urban

Thank you for bringing me back to memory lane

(Around 3:30)

Hey does anyone remember the name of TWD Season 1 YTP that had a slice of Larry saying "Lee sit down and eat your goddamn HUMAN?" I thought of it today and I couldn't stop laughing but I don't remember which one it was.

• Spooky month calls for a new spooky profile pic!
    Found a great one in this random comic I stumbled across

• Elden Ring actually motivates me to revisit Dark Souls 3. I already finished NG+ on Elden Ring but don't wanna go further cause the DLC is being made. Plus, I still haven't platinumed Dark Souls 3.

Gonna go beeg autism here so I'll spoiler tag it. (Spoiler)

Sign in to comment in this discussion.