Bone 2D Animated test

edited June 2011 in Bone
Here's hoping that anyone still reads visits this part of the forum

Anyway, as you know, there's a Bone feature film in the works and it'll probably be in 3D...

This guy made a 2D animation test using voice samples from the Telltale games
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeNqQxzB4-U

I'm not too keen on Thorn's and Gran's animation but the Bones look great :)

Comments

• edited May 2010
    That's pretty good! I think I prefer how the Bones were animated too, though to be fair they are much simpler characters to draw, let alone animate frame by frame like that.

The animator mentioned in the video description that he thinks at least part of the movie should be in 2D (like the introduction or something) and actually I think that's a good idea. Don't know what Warner Bros. studio is like for 2D animators at the moment, but they may be able to pull something off along the lines of this.
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited May 2010
    That was wonderful! I loved the animation of the Bones, as it seems most people here and on YouTube agree. :D

But, I also thought Thorn's animation was pretty good too. :) I thought Gran'ma Ben animation had a little too much movement for her character though.

I was actually surprised how well the Telltale voices worked with the 2D representations. I'd love to see a full production in this style, although it's unlikely Warner Bros. will release their Bone film in a 2D animation style.
  • edited May 2010
    I'm surprised the decent voice acting from the game works well with the animation...This is how the bone movie should be done....
  • edited May 2010
    That's really great, couldn't be done much better imo. Shows 3D is not necessary and if released like it's done here could be a huge hit.
  • edited October 2010
    Eiden wrote: »
    That's really great, couldn't be done much better imo. Shows 3D is not necessary and if released like it's done here could be a huge hit.
    Tell that to the suck-ups behind this film.
  • edited June 2011
    Junaid wrote: »
    This guy made a 2D animation test using voice samples from the Telltale games
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeNqQxzB4-U

It's amazing brother! The animation is choice. The voices are crap, we know that... but that aside it's really well done. :D
Sign in to comment in this discussion.