Season 3 Soundtrack Waiting Thread

edited April 2013 in Sam & Max
Now that the last episode has been released, any chance the season 3 soundtrack will come out shortly? I love this song for this season's opener, and "Charlie Hotep" and all the various on those chants have been stuck in my head for weeks (This whole series has such great music. Bosco's theme hasn't left my ipod).

I also think it would be great if the soundtrack came out on itunes, because that would save me the agonizing wait time of several days for a shipped CD. But I'm not picky.

Comments

• edited August 2010
    SylvF wrote: »
    Now that the last episode has been released, any chance the season 3 soundtrack will come out shortly? I love this song for this season's opener, and "Charlie Hotep" and all the various on those chants have been stuck in my head for weeks (This whole series has such great music. Bosco's theme hasn't left my ipod).

I also think it would be great if the soundtrack came out on itunes, because that would save me the agonizing wait time of several days for a shipped CD. But I'm not picky.

Also, I'd prefer they not forget to include the credit-edit of Freelance Panic from Season 2, heh.
  • edited August 2010
    I'm about to order the complete series and the soundtracks for the first two, hoping they release the soundtrack for Season 3 before the sale ends.
  • edited August 2010
    I just hope they start a free shipping offer right after releasing the soundtrack.

Please. I can't pay 60$ of shipping Q_Q
  • edited August 2010
    I liked that tune at the end. I call it
    "World Without Max"
    Get it? Because there is no Max, and the Season One credits song was called World of Max?
  • edited August 2010
    Falanca wrote: »
    Please. I can't pay 60$ of shipping Q_Q

... Wait, $60? :eek: Where do you live? I live in France and it's $15!
  • edited August 2010
    Hubert wrote: »
    Also, I'd prefer they not forget to include the credit-edit of Freelance Panic from Season 2, heh.

They also seemed to have forgotten to include the intro music on the Season 2 soundtrack for some reason, unless they slipped it into each of the cutscene tracks and I've somehow managed to miss it every time I've listened.
  • edited August 2010
    Fazz wrote: »
    ... Wait, $60? :eek: Where do you live? I live in France and it's $15!

I live in Turkey, and I'm planning to get 4 DVDs (3 S&M, and Strong Bad) as well which adds up to the shipping. :<
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2010
    I liked that tune at the end. I call it
    "World Without Max"
    Get it? Because there is no Max, and the Season One credits song was called World of Max?

The track, at least in its filename, is called "Letting Go," which strikes me as hilariously serious for what it is. ...

... which is secretly just a sad arrangement of the "Skunkape Action!" music which plays during the opening future vision puzzles in The Penal Zone.
  • edited August 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    ... which is secretly just a sad arrangement of the "Skunkape Action!" music which plays during the opening future vision puzzles in The Penal Zone.

I thought it was a Sad Arrengenment of the Opening. Which is the same. At least I wasn't mistaken.
  • edited August 2010

What was that you were saying about a secret? :)
  • edited August 2010
    The track, at least in its filename, is called "Letting Go," which strikes me as hilariously serious for what it is. ...

...which is actually another rearrangement of the opening music.
    GinnyN wrote: »
    I thought it was a Sad Arrengenment of the Opening. Which is the same. At least I wasn't mistaken.

...which means, yeah. It is correct.
  • edited August 2010

Which is actually another rearrangement of the...

Crap, I hate being last in line.
    edited August 2010

Oh heh right. The Skunkape Action tracks (the action on the bridge, and the chasing Sam around on the street ones) were written first and then edited together into the opening credits track, actually, so I always think of it as the Skunkape thing first.
  • edited August 2010
    Oh heh right. The Skunkape Action tracks (the action on the bridge, and the chasing Sam around on the street ones) were written first and then edited together into the opening credits track, actually, so I always think of it as the Skunkape thing first.

Yeah, actually, I thought it like too, after looking at the names of the tracks after I extracted them after using that handy tool 8D There were a lot of Skunkape action variations, all of them are named for Skunkape, but only one opening theme track; which made me believe the tune was intented to be Skunkape's.

The new Skun-ka'pe theme used in later episodes fits the character better though. It's not an upbeat theme, but Skunkape isn't an upbeat fellow.
  • edited August 2010

So, is the situation with the soundtrack going to end up like Freelance Panic(one version), or do we get both?...AND the alternate Freelance Panic?

hehehe
    edited August 2010
    Hubert wrote: »
    So, is the situation with the soundtrack going to end up like Freelance Panic(one version), or do we get both?...AND the alternate Freelance Panic?

hehehe

I don't think there will be an official release of the opening credits arrangement. I'll see if i can get you one for both seasons outside a soundtrack though. :)
  • edited August 2010
    I don't think there will be an official release of the opening credits arrangement. I'll see if i can get you one for both seasons outside a soundtrack though. :)

Thanks much, that'd be very nice, :D
  • edited September 2010
    If there is a soundtrack, will it include the music pieces that play whenever you select a game on the PS3?
  • edited September 2010
    If there is a soundtrack, will it include the music pieces that play whenever you select a game on the PS3?

Most of those are already in the game, the tracks that play on the title screen for 302 is the music that plays during the challenge of the sphunx, where as 303's music is the Noir theme that plays when Sam is driving around.
  • edited September 2010

That would be terrific, thanks!
  • edited September 2010
    I really hope they release a soundtrack. Its one of Jared's best works yet! The guy never fails to impress, and what's even more impressive is all the music he has to compose in such short periods of time.
    You can tell by his works that Jared really loves composing with all his hearth, and the amount of different situations in the Telltale games allows him to compose all kinds of different music in a consistent way, and also to don't get blocked!

Bravo, Jared! :D

PS: Sorry, but I have to say it... Also release the ToMI soundtrack!
  • edited September 2010
    Is there any expected time to the release of season 3 soundtrack?
    edited September 2010
    Whooaaaa, opening edits ahoy!

Season 2
    Season 3
  • edited September 2010
    That's fan service all right!

Brilliant, thanks!
  • edited September 2010

Season 2
    Season 3

Great, thanks!
  • edited September 2010

Season 2
    Season 3

Thanks! See how simple it was to get those files? Now just grab all the Season 3 files, put them on a disk, sell it, and make millions of dollars. :p

Also, any chance of Cutscene Suites on Season 3's soundtrack? That was my favorite part of the Season 2 soundtrack.
  • edited September 2010
    We love you Jake (in the totally creepy way, btw ;))
  • edited September 2010

Season 2
    Season 3

Now I've been reminded how poor the Season 2 theme was. It had such a great opening, but no real tune or melody after that. Nothing you can whistle on the bus or anything, as you can for Seasons 1 and 3 and Hit the Road. The tune worked well for the action sequences of Season 2, but not as a theme tune. Shame really.

But ta for that Jake, much appreciated!
  • edited September 2010
    We love you Jake (in the totally creepy way, btw ;))

I second that!
  • edited September 2010
    I second that!

Third!

So is there going to be an official release of this soundtrack? The music is far to awesome to not put out.
  • edited September 2010
    What? Don't look at me like that! I actually want a CD Soundtrack to this season! It had a lot of great and memorable score pieces.

My personal favs?

Any and all of Noir Sam's themes...
    Practically all of the cutscene music from 302...
    Stinky's Sea Chanty loop...
    That funkadellic soundtrack to the opening of 305...
    Charlie's demonic piano medley...

What are your favorite music from this season?
  • edited September 2010

Season 2
    Season 3

*makes a note to download these in the morning*
  • edited September 2010

Season 2
    Season 3

Woo! I love it! Thanks! :D
  • edited September 2010
    My favorite tracks from this Season are:

*The Opening
    *Skunkape battle theme
    *The City Streets theme
    *The Disorient Express Themes (all 3)
    *Papierwaite battle theme
    *Sammun-Mak's Throne room
    *Both of Stinky's themes (before and after the clone siege)
    *The Cloning Chamber theme
    *All of Charlie's Piano songs.
    *The City streets theme (from 305)
    *All of the music inside Max's body
    *The End Credits Song.

I really like all of the music from this season, but these ones are the most likely to get stuck in my head.
  • edited September 2010
    Main theme
    Stinky's Diner Theme
    The Sphunx Challenge
    The Big Reward
    Sammun-Mak's Throne Room
    The Docks
    The Streets from 305
    The Narrator's Theme
  • edited September 2010
    Opening Credits
    Skun-ka'pe's Battle Music
    Stinky's Diner Sea Shanty
    The Big Reward
    All the Noir stuff
    The Streets (Sammun-Mak's alternate reality desert remix)
    Charlie Ho-Tep's Songs
    Max's Workout Room/Legs
    Battle at the Cloning Facility
    Letting Go (aka the 305 ending credits)
  • edited September 2010
    "GAR Charlie Ho-Tep" will instantly be #1 on my playlist if they release a soundtrack for this season.

Never would I have expected "Pop goes the weasel" could be made to sound so sinister by changing the words and instruments.
  • edited September 2010
    The Moles' Toybox Song!
  • edited September 2010
    Papierwaite's theme in 302 also pretty creepy. I love it.

Oh and, the track played in the trailer of 305. I think it also plays in Skunkape's spaceship. Want.

But please, release it before a possible shipping discount offer :<
  • edited September 2010
    -The main theme/BGM for Skunkape's ship
    -Papierwaite's boss music
    -The Egyptiany remixes from 303
    -The driving around theme from the Noir Sam part of 303
    -Charlie's demonic piano medley
    -The funky remixed opening from 305 (Did it remind anyone else of Space 1999?)
    -The ending credits piano piece
    -The triumphant fanfare version of "The Office" from the ending. I've been waiting for that to be released as an individual track as opposed to a random ten second segment of a separate song....
    -And the Mole's Toy Box song. Of course.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.