Funniest Quotes in Season Three

edited September 2010 in Sam & Max
Now while The Devil's Playhouse is a unusually heavily story-based season, it is no stranger to comedy. Here we're going to write down our favorite jokes in Season Three.

1) The Penal Zone: During Max's first teleportation:
Max (skeletal version, with a flaming head): Enjoying the RIDE Sam!? HA, HA, HA ,HA!!!
The scenery, the expression on Sam's face, the way Max looks the whole way, the quote, the laughter, HIGHLARIOUS!!!!
2) The Penal Zone: During the intro, corresponding quotes from Sam & Max:
Max: I can't WAIT to get my palms on that DAMN DIRTY APE!
Sam: Say hello, to my little buddy!
Parodying well-known quotes have never been so awesome.
3) The City That Dares Not Sleep: At certain points with the flaming Max spores:
Max Spores: SLEEEEEP!!!!
Is it me, or do those guys make ANYONE laugh with that? It's predictable, overused, but damn is it funny.
4) The City That Dares Not Sleep: When you first enter the Inventory room:
Sam: I guess this is where Max keeps his stuff.
Max Spores: Nah, that's a couple stories down.
Subtle sexual innuendo FTW.
5) The City That Dares Not Sleep: The first time you enter the feet:
All of Sam's fat jokes to Sybil.
The funniest thing is the sheer irony of it all.
6) Beyond the Alley of the Dolls: Sam's daydream cutscene (can be initiated at the docks when you click on the Samulacra's underwear):
While technically this isn't a quote, it should be. Words would make Sam's self-issues problems even funnier.

Comments

• edited September 2010
    I think the line is "Is this where Max keeps his junk". My favourite would be from the crime ending
    "There's a new supervillain in town. His names The Banker he's created a boardgame, THAT KILLS!
  • edited September 2010
    Sam: "We'll hit that gorilla where it hurts the most!"
    Max: "Right in the PENAL Zone!"
  • edited September 2010
    Sybil: My water broke!
    (jingling sound)
    Norrington: Pennies?!?
  • edited September 2010
    Sam: One recipe to rule them all, and one egg to bind them.
    Spore: NEEEEEEEEEEERDDDDDD!
  • edited September 2010
    Maximus: Sameth, why can't we all get a long?
    Sameth: Because we're all *clown honk* little buddy.
  • edited September 2010
    The Penal Zone:
    Sam: Does the general want a banana?
    General Skun'Kape:I see! Because I resemble your earth Gorillas you assume I want a banana. I'm glad to see that earthlings are still so charmingly racist.
    Sam:Relax, buddy, we're just making sure you're getting enough potassium.
    The Tomb of Sammun-Mak:
    Sameth (Ventriloquized by Maximus):*Fart* Sorry those beans from the dining car just caught up with me! My name's Sameth by the way. *Fart* Whoops! There it goes again!
    They Stole Max's Brain:
    All of Sammun-Mak's violent recallings of his time.
    Beyond the Alley of the dolls:
    Girl Stinky:*Silence*
    Sam:LIAR!
    The City That Dares not Sleep:
    The Narrator's reaction to when Sam interrupts him by opening the door "Do you mind? I-Oh now you've just ruined it!"
  • edited September 2010
    Sam: Come on Stinky, tell us where your back-up tunnel is before Max runs out of bullets.
    Max: I never run out of bullets!
  • edited September 2010
    Noir Sam: I dropped something once: I think it was my innocence. Then I dropped my compassion. Now I just drop punks.
    Sign-spinner: Is it supposed to be dark? It doesn't make sense.
    Noir Sam: Sue Me
  • edited September 2010
    -Fake Max: "Really? because I remember it being much more complicated"
    -Sam: "It was a diferent kind of complexity"
    -Fake Max: "And longer too. And the voices were..."
    -Sam: "Allright Fake Max, we get it"

-Momma Bosco: "He will overwork his brain so hard, it will catch fire and explode!"
    -Max: "Oh I have to see THAT!"
    -Sam: "You can't see that Max, your brain will catch fire and explode!"
    -Max: "Well that's why you have to record it for me, Sam. Duh!"

-Narrator: "Of course not, that would be stupid. I'm the manifestation of the Super-Ego of a psychic rabbit detective transformed into a gigant beast by a toybox filled with toys from another dimension. Sometimes the simplest of reasons are the correct ones"

(Anything out of Noir Sam)

-Sameth: Point and Click Adventure Games!!
  • edited September 2010
    -Sameth: Point and Click Adventure Games!!

The way this line is done, it's PERFECT! The pause in the music, the looks he gets from everyone else there, perfect :D
  • edited September 2010
    -Fake Max: "Really? because I remember it being much more complicated"
    -Sam: "It was a diferent kind of complexity"
    -Fake Max: "And longer too. And the voices were..."
    -Sam: "Allright Fake Max, we get it"

Yeah, it took me a while to get over this one and resume playing. Such a shameless plug, I couldn't believe my ears initially :D
  • edited September 2010
    Why has no one mentioned the amazing Pinky and the Brain reference?

Sam: So what are you going to do, brain, take over the world?
  • edited September 2010
    DAMN, another one? Look, I already have a giant thread dedicated to this. The link is in my signature. If you must post quotes, GO THERE.
  • edited September 2010
    My God, I didn't even notice!
  • edited September 2010
    Best quote ever.
  • edited September 2010
    lombre wrote: »
    Why has no one mentioned the amazing Pinky and the Brain reference?

Sam: So what are you going to do, brain, take over the world?

Woah, I never noticed this was a reference until you pointed it out. Clever!
  • edited September 2010
    I laughed my ass off when Paperwaite said... Why did they insisted on showing that independent film festival in 305
  • edited August 2013
    JasonDK wrote: »
    6) Beyond the Alley of the Dolls: Sam's daydream cutscene (can be initiated at the docks when you click on the Samulacra's underwear):
    While technically this isn't a quote, it should be. Words would make Sam's self-issues problems even funnier.

How exactly can I click on their underwear O_O Ive tried getting this scene but so far no dice. Does it work for everyone else?
  • edited August 2013
    The SECOND time you play the game (you have to have completed it at least once) by the time just before the dummy is revealed as the villain, there is a far pair of abandoned lame golden shorts at the end of the docks. Click on it.
  • edited August 2013
    Some of my favourites are....

Max:''Where did you get so much money Sam?....and where do you keep it?''
    Sam:''A.We save a lot of money since we started living in the Desoto and B.Thats none of your damn business.''

Sam:''Max is all Short term memory loss, I have to bring him up to speed every once in a while.''
    Max:''AH GIANT TALKING DOG!''
    Computer:''Error, cannot remove inventory, where do you keep your personal items?''
    Max: ''Thats not of your damn business Computer!''
Sign in to comment in this discussion.