can't load savegame after update on iPhone 3gs

iPhone 3gs, had a game in one save slot.

A couple of days ago there was an update for the game, which I updated through app store.

Now the screen just goes black and nothing happens after I click "play" when I select my save slot.

I can start a new game in another slot without problems.

Comments

• edited October 2010
    the update isn't compatible with older saves.
  • edited October 2010
    the update isn't compatible with older saves.

Really?
    Thats just not cricket.

I am about 3 hours in and really dont feel like doing all those puzzles again.
  • edited October 2010
    woah, seriously? I find that very hard to accept. That has got to be the worst quality I have seen on any app on iPhone. Is there an official statement on this?
  • edited October 2010
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=387548&postcount=10
    Hey everyone! Good news, the iPhone version of Puzzle Agent has been updated to improve the graphics on most devices! Download the update in the App Store now! Thanks so much for your patience!

Note: If you are currently in the midst of playing through Puzzle Agent, we recommend that you complete the full game before updating. Save games do not carry over with update.
  • edited October 2010
    This is pretty poor service, IMO. I wasn't too far into the game, but it was a drag anyway. If it happens again with any future updates i won't bother to do it again.
  • edited October 2010
    Help help. I have the game on my 3G and have NO idea how to save a game. I've completed the first leg (tethers going into scoggins on a snowmobile or something) but when go back, I have to restart. When I tap the game again I get three boxes with 'Game' and one with 'Settings' which are just sound etc.
  • edited October 2010
    philgrin wrote: »
    Help help. I have the game on my 3G and have NO idea how to save a game. I've completed the first leg (tethers going into scoggins on a snowmobile or something) but when go back, I have to restart. When I tap the game again I get three boxes with 'Game' and one with 'Settings' which are just sound etc.

Did you exit using the menu (folder icon in the top left corner, which only becomes available after the first few puzzles, unfortunately) or just kill the application? I don't think the game auto saves until the menu has become available.
  • edited November 2010
    Thank you so much for the post. It's really useful.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.