Has anyone gotten the S&M S3 DVD yet?

Just wondering seeing as its been on backorder for a month (at least for me)

Comments

• Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited October 2010
    It hasn't been released yet.
    The related page in the Telltale Store states "DVD expected to ship October 2010.", which based on my past experiences with Telltale probably means closer to October 31 than to early October.
  • edited October 2010
    ok thanks
  • edited October 2010
    Is it only me that my status is "Your order has been submitted to our warehouse and will ship soon. Please check back later for shipping info"? If it's just me then I know why, and it doesn't mean anything, but I just want to know.
  • edited October 2010
    mine just says that it is on back order
  • edited October 2010
    NeatNit wrote: »
    Is it only me that my status is "Your order has been submitted to our warehouse and will ship soon. Please check back later for shipping info"? If it's just me then I know why, and it doesn't mean anything, but I just want to know.

Mine said that now it says backordered. My poster bundle has been stuck on sent to warehouse for a few days now.
  • edited October 2010
    Mine is still "on backorder" Though my (separate order) Season 2 DVD shipped the 11th (or claims it has, as of today USPS site still says they've not received it tho), so it's not a site-wide problem...
  • edited October 2010
    USPS's site will keep saying it was 'electronically notified' forever. Don't worry about it, it's completely normal.
  • edited October 2010
    Well, no worries, I received it (S2DVD) today. Now I'm just trying to decide whether to open it to watch the "extras" or whether to leave it sealed to preserve the "Collectors Value"... T_T
  • edited October 2010
    Ashton wrote: »
    Well, no worries, I received it (S2DVD) today. Now I'm just trying to decide whether to open it to watch the "extras" or whether to leave it sealed to preserve the "Collectors Value"... T_T

So wait you got S3 DVD or just the S2?

also if you want to see the extras you can probably find them online (i will be opening mine and enjoying it but i can understand wanting to keep it mint)
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2010
    Collector schmollector! The extras are awesome and should be seen by all.
  • edited October 2010
    Not the DVD, but my poster set has shipped as of today. :D
  • edited October 2010
    Not the DVD, but my poster set has shipped as of today. :D

Speaking of the poster sets, I apparently ordered a second set by mistake. Oh well!
  • edited October 2010
    Mine just arrived today. :D
  • edited October 2010
    toa1995 wrote: »
    So wait you got S3 DVD or just the S2?

I received S2 but am waiting on S3 (as of this morning, no shipping notification, and wasn't in my mailbox)

Also not all the extras are available on youtube, a few are but not all...

@ Jake:
    LOL! But by the time Season 27 rolls around and Sam and Max are as well known and loved as Mario this will be worth Millions! *delusional*

in all honestly I'll probably break down and open it before then.
  • edited October 2010
    They DVD is coming very soon.

In the spirit of full disclosure, the DVD is in its final stages of mastering before it's sent to the pressing company. At that point, the gold master will be sent to us for testing and then sent back to the pressing company to do their thing. After that, it's a very quick process before we start sending them out. No promises on an exact date yet though.

Thank you so much for your patience.

Have you guys been enjoying the posters though?
  • edited October 2010
    The posters are finished!? That means I just have to wait for the DVD! Also, could you tell use the sizes of the five movie posters please? Are they 8x10"?
  • edited October 2010
    Nintomster wrote: »
    The posters are finished!? That means I just have to wait for the DVD! Also, could you tell use the sizes of the five movie posters please? Are they 8x10"?

The posters are 11x17".
  • edited October 2010
    Question: Does the commentary work like in TOMI where it's just the commentary, or like the Sam and Max DVDs, where it's a bonus audio track, and you can just watch the cutscenes? Because I love watching just the cutscenes from time to time.
  • edited October 2010
    The posters are 11x17".

Thanks a lot Alan! Saw some 8x10 frames but couldn't remember what sizes the posters were, plus the sizes were taken down soon after. Thanks for confirming! Maybe I can get more nicer looking frames...
  • edited December 2010
    The Season 3 DVDs are done. They're on their way to our fulfillment center now, so they should be shipping out of there within the week.
  • edited December 2010
    Back in October I bought the S&M S3 downloads and, in the same order, pre-ordered the S3 DVD (which is of course no extra charge, except for shipping). Well today I got the package and it contained TWO S3 DVDs, when I thought I only ordered one and it appears I was only charged for one, although my invoice and purchase history are a little confusing about this.

What should I do?
  • edited December 2010
    Saavedro wrote: »
    Back in October I bought the S&M S3 downloads and, in the same order, pre-ordered the S3 DVD (which is of course no extra charge, except for shipping). Well today I got the package and it contained TWO S3 DVDs, when I thought I only ordered one and it appears I was only charged for one, although my invoice and purchase history are a little confusing about this.

What should I do?

You only paid for it once, it must have been an error on the part of the shipping company.

Sorry about that.
  • edited December 2010
    i got two as well
  • edited December 2010
    Ok I'm pretty annoyed now.

It's now the 16th of Dec and the order I placed on 1st Sep containing the S3 disk and the symbiote figures STILL hasn't shipped. So much for the disks going out last week. Good job I gave up any chance of these arriving in time for Xmas a while back.

I appreciate that problems occur but Telltale's level of customer service, particularly the acmmount of information they have given customers has been pathetic.
  • edited December 2010
    Paul wrote: »

It's now the 16th of Dec and the order I placed on 1st Sep containing the S3 disk and the symbiote figures STILL hasn't shipped. So much for the disks going out last week. Good job I gave up any chance of these arriving in time for Xmas a while back.

I appreciate that problems occur but Telltale's level of customer service, particularly the acmmount of information they have given customers has been pathetic.

Same here! i placed my order on the 9th of Sep. and without the "Will there be an announcement..."-thread i would have no information of the whereabouts of the DVD!

I really don't care anymore who's to blame for this inacceptable delay... I'm right at the point where i simply want my money back! :mad:
    Nevertheless this incident definitely changes my attitude towards the directly-buy-at-the-producer concept... in future i'll stick to the ol'fashioned way of ecommerce!
  • edited December 2010
    Put me down as another person who got two.

EDIT: I think I know what's happening.

I'm down for both

Item 277, S&M: DVD The Devil's Playhouse (boy does that not sound like the kind of thing I want on my credit card history)
    and
    Item 278, S&M DEVIL'S PLAYHOUSE + COLLECTORS DVD

and I received 1 of "each". I think 278 is supposed to be the digital half of the order but whoever is stocking is reading that + COLLECTORS DVD as a second copy of the dvd rather than access to buying it.
  • edited December 2010
    Put me down as another person who got two.

EDIT: I think I know what's happening.

I'm down for both

Item 277, S&M: DVD The Devil's Playhouse (boy does that not sound like the kind of thing I want on my credit card history)
    and
    Item 278, S&M DEVIL'S PLAYHOUSE + COLLECTORS DVD

and I received 1 of "each". I think 278 is supposed to be the digital half of the order but whoever is stocking is reading that + COLLECTORS DVD as a second copy of the dvd rather than access to buying it.

We already let our shipping company know.
  • edited December 2010
    Paul wrote: »

The Symbiotes were out of stock so that's what was holding it. It's shipped at this point, but it does take some time. Apologies for the delay.
  • edited December 2010
    Cibox wrote: »
    Same here! i placed my order on the 9th of Sep. and without the "Will there be an announcement..."-thread i would have no information of the whereabouts of the DVD!

I really don't care anymore who's to blame for this inacceptable delay... I'm right at the point where i simply want my money back! :mad:
    Nevertheless this incident definitely changes my attitude towards the directly-buy-at-the-producer concept... in future i'll stick to the ol'fashioned way of ecommerce!

Your order has already shipped but you're not in the US. It can take up to six weeks to get to you.
  • edited December 2010
    Six weeks? Just put some brown wrapping paper around it and mail it through regular postal services. Last time I did that, it took five days to be delivered.

BTW, is it too late to change a shipping address at this point? Only in seven days I will no longer be at that location for a whole month. If nobody's there to accept it, what happens to the package? Is it left on the doorstep? Returned to sender? Will I have to drive to a warehouse to pick it up myself? Or is it small enough to fit through a mailbox slot?
  • edited December 2010
    Six weeks? Just put some brown wrapping paper around it and mail it through regular postal services. Last time I did that, it took five days to be delivered.

BTW, is it too late to change a shipping address at this point? Only in seven days I will no longer be at that location for a whole month. If nobody's there to accept it, what happens to the package? Is it left on the doorstep? Returned to sender? Will I have to drive to a warehouse to pick it up myself? Or is it small enough to fit through a mailbox slot?

What's you order number?
  • edited December 2010
    I also got two DVD's. Not that I'm complaining. :)
  • edited December 2010
    2 DVDs for me as well. It's like I won the redundancy lottery!
  • edited December 2010
    Private postal is quite something different than professional though. Companies can't do such for as cheap.
    Well, at least not here.
  • edited December 2010
    Mine has been saying this for more than a week....
    "Your order has been submitted to our warehouse and will ship soon. Please check back later for shipping info. "
  • edited December 2010
    Yeah, mine too, but Amy says that the Season 3 DVDs should've shipped already even if it still says that.

Btw, is it possible to request the shipping info of my order or whatever I need to track it? I kinda get paranoid that my package is gonna get lost when ordering things internationally .___.
  • edited December 2010
    Hoping someone can help me. I have had my order for the Devil's Playhouse since March of this year. I never had an option to get the DVD and was never informed that the DVD's were coming. Would someone be so kind and help me figure out what is going on, or if I am even entitled to the DVD? Thanks so much.

Kindest Regards,
    Melvin

Edit: I think I just figured out what I did wrong. I never went back and ordered the DVD from the actual order page. I see it comes up as $0.00. Sorry about that. Thanks!
  • edited December 2010
    Bubbamel wrote: »
    Hoping someone can help me. I have had my order for the Devil's Playhouse since March of this year. I never had an option to get the DVD and was never informed that the DVD's were coming. Would someone be so kind and help me figure out what is going on, or if I am even entitled to the DVD? Thanks so much.

Kindest Regards,
    Melvin
    If you go to this page, you should be able to see whether you're eligible for the disc or not, and you can order it through that page: http://www.telltalegames.com/store/tdp-disc
  • edited December 2010
    I have a problem with the "Track your order" function. None of my shipped DVDs (S+M S3 has been shipped Dec. 17th) seem to be trackable. I ecpect the to be delivered in several weeks but why aren't they trackable for me?
  • edited December 2010
    MarkoH01 wrote: »
    I have a problem with the "Track your order" function. None of my shipped DVDs (S+M S3 has been shipped Dec. 17th) seem to be trackable. I ecpect the to be delivered in several weeks but why aren't they trackable for me?

They are not trackable for anyone IIRC. No worries there, your package is on its way to meet you.
This discussion has been closed.