No Halloween toon? Calling it now, H*R is dead.

They never miss Halloween. Never. I've been kindling the hope it would come back eventually for nearly a year now, but I think it's safe to say Homestar Runner's dead now. :(

Enjoy Poker Night at the Inventory. It's probably going to be the last we ever see of Strong Bad.

Comments

• edited October 2010
    this sucks
  • edited October 2010
    It's not dead. Matt is making a movie with Craig, and therefore they have very little time to work on toons until the movie is done
  • edited October 2010
    :( This is sad to hear. I hope that they're just a little late in releasing it, but I can't help but feel you're right.
  • edited November 2010
    I can't help but agree with you.

And I thought I heard that the movie was finished (or extremely close to finished), and I heard that in July.
  • edited November 2010
    The Leg wrote: »
    I can't help but agree with you.

And I thought I heard that the movie was finished (or extremely close to finished), and I heard that in July.
    What? No! It's not due for release until 2012.
  • edited November 2010
    what is this movie even called
  • edited November 2010
    seibert999 wrote:
    what is this movie even called

Monster Safari
  • edited November 2010
    I've assumed HSR was dead since last year. :(
  • edited November 2010
    Well, they did do a sale in the store a few months ago. I wouldn't say our friends are dead yet.
  • edited November 2010
    I've assumed HSR was dead since last year. :(

Two years ago for me.
  • edited November 2010
    Well, they did do a sale in the store a few months ago. I wouldn't say our friends are dead yet.

That can also mean that they're liquidating their merchandise
  • edited November 2010
    Hmm. That sale is still going on. I don't think sales usually last this long unless there's a reason behind it. Like getting rid of stock so that the site can close down, for instance.
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited November 2010
    Homestar Runner won't be dead until the Brothers Chaps say that it's dead, and they've sent word that it's still alive just two months ago. They sent two scripts of unproduced scripts to the Homestar Runner Wiki admins that are actually pretty funny. They are Alternate versions of Sbemail 136, and a funny original toon called Soap Box Doiby.

I understand why they didn't animate the Soap Box Doiby toon and why they haven't updated the site much this year. It's been very busy for them. Making a movie takes tremendous amounts of time, not to mention raising a newborn baby (which is a full time job in and of itself) on top of the kids they already have, and recording dialog (and presumably writing and rewriting portions of the dialog) for Poker Night, which was said to have more dialog than a Sam & Max game.

Their output in previous years was more fruitful because their lives were less hectic. Once their lives calm down, we'll get more toons.
  • edited November 2010
    I just hope we get a Christmas Dethemberween Decemberween toon this year.
  • edited November 2010

The Brothers Chaps don't run the store. That would be their sister, Karen Wagner.
  • edited November 2010
    This can't have happened. No. NO. NONONONONONO.
  • edited November 2010
    if it is dead it will go into internet hell
  • edited November 2010
    seibert999 wrote: »
    if it is dead it will go into internet hell

What did it do, more like internet heaven.
  • edited November 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    What did it do, more like internet heaven.

most of them went to heaven, except for strong bad (he was way to bad) and coach Z (for being so dang weird)
  • edited November 2010
    seibert999 wrote: »
    most of them went to heaven, except for strong bad (he was way to bad) and coach Z (for being so dang weird)

No, IT. Not the characters, the show itself.
  • edited November 2010
    then that got to heaven
  • edited November 2010
    I don't think H*R is gone for good. Strong Bad wouldn't be in Poker Night if the Brothers decided to retire the site and characters. Bigger projects like Monster Safari are probably slowing down the site the most. They may have gotten tired of making a toon a week for a few years, but I have hope that they'll come back.
  • edited November 2010
    I can't remember which interview I found this in this but apparently they might put adverts on the website if they ever abandon it. Last time I checked no adverts, so I think we're safe.
  • edited November 2010
    I seem to remember It's Dot Com (Of the HRWiki) saying that the Caps weren't going to quit at least until they put up Stinkoman lvl 10
  • edited November 2010
    They wouldn't have released a new calander if they were gonna quit. They'll be back.
  • edited November 2010
    dentbuds wrote: »
    They wouldn't have released a new calander if they were gonna quit. They'll be back.

That doesn't mean too much. The Chaps don't run the store, and it's still been updating semi-regularly for a while now.

On the bright side, it's so good seeing Strong Bad again in Poker Night.
  • edited November 2010
    Has anyone mentioned the kid a year or 2 ago? If not they seemed to preoccupied with that for a while, but now it's a bit absurd, but they will be back, trust me. I just can't imagine those guys getting real jobs.
  • edited December 2010
    Well In poker Night strong bad talks about the website a lot and have yet to hear a joke about its lack of updates so I think we are good.
  • edited December 2010
    It's not dead. Matt is making a movie with Craig, and therefore they have very little time to work on toons until the movie is done

proof please.
  • edited December 2010
    proof please.
    here's your proof!
  • edited December 2010
    To quote Main Page 7...

"Dead as a doornail!"
  • edited December 2010
    There's a Decemberween cartoon, so 'shutup kid'.
  • edited December 2010
    And now there's a surreal Halloween-Decemberween hybrid non-toon costume thing. Awesome.
  • edited December 2010
    No its not dead we can do this why do you think it will be dead when we want more toons we go on hr when there is nothing to watch on tv we go on hr and i all ready posted that it has a sale on stof it cant be dead i know they never missed halloween or desemberween but it has to have to have something still in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!we can still save it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited December 2010
    You are late to EVERYTHING.
    They have already made a decemberween toon and a makeup halloween toon.
  • edited December 2010
    can you please not say that
Sign in to comment in this discussion.