Will Escape from Monkey Island ever be on PSN?

It wouldnt be hard to put the PS2 port onto the psn store they put loads of ps1 games onto it.

Comments

• edited March 2011
    coolsome wrote: »
    It wouldnt be hard to put the PS2 port onto the psn store they put loads of ps1 games onto it.

Every PS3 is capable of playing PS1 games. Not every PS3 is capable of playing PS2 games.
  • edited March 2011
    Every PS3 is capable of playing PS1 games. Not every PS3 is capable of playing PS2 games.

Ohh my bad. So does that mean it wont ever happen?
  • edited March 2011
    Ohh my bad. So does that mean it wont ever happen?

It's not impossible, but LucasArts would have to make the effort to actually port it to PS3 themselves. So, it's improbable at best.
  • edited March 2011
    Yeah, I wouldn't count on it. If you want to play it on a TV, and don't have a PS2, you should hook up your PC to your TV, and use some sort of controller (I know the X360 one is compatible with PCs, but I'm not sure about the PS3 one)
  • edited April 2011
    Its a slight possibility that it may be on the PSN, but I wouldn't keep your hopes up though.
  • edited April 2011

I think I read that the game was made for the PS2 and the PC version was the port. It would be easy to bring to the PSN but it would require LucasArts to open up their back catalog, something that hasn't been touched since Darrell Rodriguez left.
  • edited February 2012
    Ps2 games are now on PSN so maybe one day it will be on there.
  • edited February 2012
    Popular games tend to get the HD treatment, less popular games or more niche stuff stands a higher chance of a "PS2 Classics" release, so I'm sure Escape would fall into that.
  • edited February 2012
    Recently, they started putting PS2 games on the store, but I still doubt EMI will end up there. If it does, I will certainly buy it, but I won't hold my breath (at least no longer than ten minutes).
  • edited March 2012
    They probobly wont even though they added the ps2 section to the store cuz sony said it wads one of thier least favorite games
  • edited March 2012
    csarkis wrote: »
    They probobly wont even though they added the ps2 section to the store cuz sony said it wads one of thier least favorite games

I want a source to this.
  • edited March 2012
    Alex IDV wrote: »
    I want a source to this.

It was in a interview
  • edited March 2012
    csarkis wrote: »
    It was in a interview

Link or it didn't happen!
  • edited March 2012
    Was this Sony's collective hive mind?
  • edited March 2012
    Irishmile wrote: »
    Was this Sony's collective hive mind?

It has during the hacking scandal when the AI S.O.N.Y went insane.
  • edited April 2012

Thanks for that info. I learned something new today, I had assumed when they removed backwards compatibility for PS2 games they would've done the same for PS1 games. I guess the PS1 games weren't hurting their PS3 game sales as badly as the PS2 games were. Now I kind of want to crack out some of those old PS1 games I have in the closet. Time to revisit Lunar 1&2, yay!
  • edited April 2012
    The PS2 was emulated through hardware integrated in the original PS3s, which they removed when the redesigned the internals. The PS1 was always emulated through software, so there was no reason to remove the BC for that.
  • edited April 2012
    StarEye wrote: »
    The PS2 was emulated through hardware integrated in the original PS3s, which they removed when the redesigned the internals. The PS1 was always emulated through software, so there was no reason to remove the BC for that.

The part that makes no sense is when they had software emulation for PS2, and then removed that also.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.