Pre-Order now available! Release date: April 27!

Hi everyone,

You can now pre-order the first episode of Hector: Badge of Carnage (titled: We Negotiate With Terrorists) for PC and Mac. An Ipad-version is coming later. It's 10 dollars (or 7 Euro's in my case). The release date is April 27, with episode 2 and 3 coming in the fall. That's right, we're getting a BttF-episode, a JP-episode and a Hector-episode all in one month.

Pre-Order bonuses:

* Free version of Puzzle Agent (I own 3 versions of this game by now, but for those of you that don't have it: it's awesome!)
* Access to Private Insiders Forum (I just pre-ordered, but the forum doesn't seem to be up just yet)
* 10% of purchase donated to Japan relief efforts

The minisite is updated as well. You can now watch the trailer and two short animated movies, watch some screenshots and get confirmation on the pre-order bonuses. The about-page and episode-pages are still under construction.

Minisite: http://www.telltalegames.com/hector
Store page: http://www.telltalegames.com/store/Hector101

The game looks hilarious, and I can't believe it's only a week away.

Comments

• edited April 2011
    Do you get all of them when you pre order or do you buy the episodes spretly
  • edited April 2011
    The pre-order is just for episode 1. It seems it's the same as with Puzzle Agent: it doesn't really count as a season, so you just buy the seperate episodes as they become available.
  • edited April 2011
    I really enjoyed this on iPhone, I stumbled upon it after seeing it in a screenshot of somebodies homescreen. I pre-ordered the second I saw it was live.
    Second copy of Puzzle Agent here! :)
  • edited April 2011
    This actually looks really good. The offer is great but I already have puzzle agent... should I buy?? mmmhhh
  • edited April 2011
    What's with Telltale trying to push Puzzle Agent so much? This is the second time they've been giving it as a free pre-order bonus.

Don't get me wrong, Puzzle Agent is awesome, it just seems a little strange.
  • edited April 2011
    What's with Telltale trying to push Puzzle Agent so much? This is the second time they've been giving it as a free pre-order bonus.

To get as many people hyped about Puzzle Agent 2 as possible, perhaps?
  • edited April 2011
    Puzzle Agent isn't even that good, I don't understand why they offer it yet again...
    At the very least TTG could offer us some proper pre-order bonuses like coupon codes/discounts so people get some actual incentives to pre-order.
  • TorTor
    edited April 2011
    Ooh, so we may be getting three new Telltale games before the end of the month, less than two weeks? This might be the first time I'm getting backlogged with new Telltale games to play...
  • edited April 2011

I would guess that since just about everything else is licensed to someone, they aren't allowed to give it away for free. Or at least, it's a lot easier to do it when it's something to which they own all the rights to.
  • edited April 2011
    sure hope there is gonna be more than 1 episode. Its been a long time since ive seen a good 2d art point and click plus with such mature laguage :D i freaking love it.
  • edited April 2011
    RMJ1984 wrote: »
    sure hope there is gonna be more than 1 episode. Its been a long time since ive seen a good 2d art point and click plus with such mature laguage :D i freaking love it.

Says there are gonna be 2 more Hector episodes this fall, in about 6 months.
  • edited April 2011
    Will this be coming to Steam at some point as well?
  • edited April 2011
    I would also like to know if it's coming to Steam and, has it been optimized since being an iPhone game?
  • edited April 2011
    So basically if I pre-order it I will have two gift copies of Puzzle Agent sitting in my account... yeah I'm still getting it.

Edit: Scratch that, looks like it isn't a gift option like last time.
  • edited April 2011
    I'm looking forward to Hector but I don't think I'll bother pre-ordering it, I already have Puzzle Agent.

Aw hell who am I kidding, I'll probably end up pre-ordering it anyway!
  • edited April 2011
    Yeah, the preorder here is lame. Most people have 2 or 3 copies of PA by now if they have been playing TellTale games for any length of time. The other issue is that on the iPhone Hector is $4. It costs $6 more and it comes with something most people already have. Not so good by TellTale. The game should be $5 to begin with at most, and then the preorder should give a discount on future Hector episodes or something like that.
  • edited April 2011
    I was thinking about it, but I already have Puzzle Agent, and I don't think the $1.00 from my order would benefit Japan a whole lot. If they let us choose Poker Night at the Inventory instead, I probably would have went for it.

I'll probably still buy it, but I'll wait 'til they have something else new I'm interested in, like Puzzle Agent 2 (which will probably also come with Puzzle Agent), and combine the order.
  • edited April 2011
    I already have Puzzle Agent, so I just emailed support@telltalegames.com and they converted my second copy into a gift code, which I've just given out to a friend. You can do that too :p
  • edited April 2011
    Just a quick question before I'm off to work: Is the pre-order forum showing up for anyone? It's possible that it's not up yet, but I know it didn't show up for several people with BttF and Jurassic Park when it should, so I thought I should ask.
  • edited April 2011
    Tjibbbe wrote: »
    Just a quick question before I'm off to work: Is the pre-order forum showing up for anyone? It's possible that it's not up yet, but I it didn't show up for several people with BttF and Jurassic Park when it should, so I thought I should ask.

it hasnt been made yet theres not even a hidden one and its just an error ppl cant get in.
  • edited April 2011
    I got Hector as my Easter present today. Now I'm uber psyched! :D
  • edited April 2011
    WOW Telltale are really spoiling us this month. This looks fun.
  • edited April 2011
    I'm thinking about buying Hector. Looks great!

But I think the price is problematic. Will the other episodes also cost 9.99?
    Will there ever be a season package?

Well, forget about it, I bought the game anyway.
    I do hope the next episodes will be cheaper though...

Oh, and I now have two Puzzle Agents!
    I'd like to give one of 'em to a friend. How do I do that?
  • edited April 2011
    I'm thinking about buying Hector. Looks great!

But I think the price is problematic. Will the other episodes also cost 9.99?
    Will there ever be a season package?

This is my worry too. I think I'm going to hang off a little longer.
    Especially after the BTTF preorder fiasco.
  • edited April 2011
    Molokov wrote: »
    I already have Puzzle Agent, so I just emailed support@telltalegames.com and they converted my second copy into a gift code, which I've just given out to a friend. You can do that too :p

I would do that... if I didn't hate sending e-mails so much.
  • edited April 2011
    YES! Here's a game for me. Haven't been this psyched about a TellTale release besides Sam & Max.

I don't, nor will I ever, own an iPhone, but just looking at the trailer has me ROFL like in the good old days. The humor kind of makes me think of Archer, but that's probably even more raunchy than this. An idea for a new franchise there, be my guest.

My only concern here are the system requirements, with 3GB of RAM. That's probably not the minimum though, as I can run the first episode of BTTF that I got for free, just fine with only 2GB.

As Jake points out here, the TellTale engine should be the same with Hector.

Even though it wouldn't work on my machine, I would get an excuse to go and visit my folks and play it there. Plus, it only costs ten bucks, one of which goes to a good cause. Even though it wouldn't work at all (hit and miss, like with the Adventure Bundle) I still could have used 7EUR much more stupidly than this.

I'm fairly sure I made a good deal, but we'll see in a couple of days.
  • edited April 2011
    Xaxir wrote: »
    I would also like to know if it's coming to Steam and, has it been optimized since being an iPhone game?

Yes, Hector will be coming to Steam on both PC and Mac. :)
  • edited April 2011
    Gah, now you've made me imagine TT making an Archer game...
  • edited April 2011
    Quick question.

I pre-ordered but Hector is not showing up under my "Games" tab. Telltale has yet to get back to my query. Is this normal? Does it only appear when it goes live? Puzzle Agent popped up just fine!
  • edited April 2011
    Me neither!
    Oh well, I guess it'll work fine when released.
  • edited April 2011
    Only a few more hours, so hyped! =)
  • edited April 2011
    Yeah, can't wait for release, but I didn't preorder... Don't need a third Puzzle Agent :P
    Will buy as soon it's out proper, though... :D
  • edited April 2011
    Talahar wrote: »
    Yeah, can't wait for release, but I didn't preorder... Don't need a third Puzzle Agent :P
    Will buy as soon it's out proper, though... :D

Yeah i now have 2 copys of Puzzle Agent, but i figured what the hell and just bought it early. Dont care when i buy it, just matters THAT i buy it ;)
  • edited April 2011
    Hector, BTTF and Puzzle Agent in two days...

AWESOME!

If we got JP...

EPIC!
  • edited April 2011
    Around what time will it be released?
  • edited April 2011
    thiz wrote: »
    Yeah i now have 2 copys of Puzzle Agent, but i figured what the hell and just bought it early. Dont care when i buy it, just matters THAT i buy it ;)

i got 4 copys of puzzle now, 5 if you count the steam version

and i had to preorder twice, cause my first order got cancelled together with jurassic park, lol

edit: or didn't it? i'm confused. OH GOD, i hope i didnt bought it twice.

but the complete order and the first fourth puzzle were also gone from the purchases page, so imho it was cancelled, too.

edit: seems it wasnt. but why the hell was the fourth puzzle agent gone from the purchases page? aaaaaah....
  • edited April 2011
    Is Hector out yet?
  • edited April 2011
    bjn8781 wrote: »
    Is Hector out yet?

No, you would have recieved an email, or could download it under the My Games section (if you preordered).
  • edited April 2011
    I thought it was supposed to come out today? I can just imagine it getting delayed until fall to come out closer to the next 2 episodes. Nothing will surprise me anymore considering how close to the release day they decided to let everyone know about jurassic parks delay.
  • edited April 2011
    It's only 9:50 am at their offices, so there's plenty of today left to get the game out.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.