Dress Like Hector and Win

As Hector would say, "listen up you coachpokers"! Do you aspire to become a slovenly, crass, yet somehow incredibly skilled officer of the law? Do you have the fashion sense of...ah, better yet, do you lack any fashion sense? Does your interior decorating resemble that of a derelict tenement? Also, are you creative? Well then, this contest is for you.
hectortheimage3.jpg

From now until 2:00 pm (Pacific Time) on Wednesday, May 11, get your most unkempt yet "professional-ish" outfit together (use Hector's garb in the photo above as inspiration if you like) and take a photo of yourself (or have a friend take it, that would be more ideal) in a setting suitable for a dirty detective (ie. a messy office, a boarded up building) and post it in the contest thread (in the Telltale Games Forum) (which you are already in). Once the entry period has ended (2:00 pm Pacific Time on 5/11/2011) I'll create a poll in this thread that includes all entrants and the contest voting period will begin, ending at 2:00 pm Pacific Time on Monday, May 16 - so get your votes in on time. At that time, the three entrants with the most votes will win. I'll announce them here and post the winning entries on the Telltale Games Blog later that day. (If you don't want me to post yours, I won't.)

You're probably wondering what you can win, am I right? Here's what:

A copy of Hector: Episode 1 - We Negotiate With Terrorists for PC/Mac (giftable)
A copy of Poker Night at the Inventory for PC/Mac (giftable)

There's no prize for being first so please take your time on your contest entry (one entry per person); you have plenty of time to sully up some clothes and find a fine location for your shoot. Get creative, use some lighting that matches the look of the game, re-create a scene from the game, go wild! What are you waiting for, get to work on your entry! Good luck!

Comments

• edited May 2011
    sounds awesome
  • edited May 2011
    why has no one posted anything here yet?
  • edited May 2011
    Well, I like both free games and dressing like a slob, so this sounds fun. Not sure if I'll participate (I need to see if I can find something "professional-ish" enough), but if I can I will.

Also, a free copy of the Poker Night at the Inventory? Sounds interesting. Mainly because until fairly recently Puzzle Agent has been Telltale's usual "free game," since they wanted to promote the sequel. Hmm...
  • edited May 2011
    coolguy721 wrote: »
    why has no one posted anything here yet?

Probably because it takes time to skulk about somewhere Hector would skulk about in.
  • edited May 2011
    Allow me to break the ice:

FBI.jpg

Oh and that's a match between my teeth
    Because Detective Brock doesn't believe in "filling your lungs with smoke and mirrors"
    Det. Brock, "Words of Wisdom" - Vol II.
  • edited May 2011
    @Silverwolfpet: Now we're talkin'.
  • edited May 2011
    Wolfy: Totally not fair. At all.
  • edited May 2011
    @Silverwolfpet: Now we're talkin'.

Yeaaaah! 111.gif
    Wolfy: Totally not fair. At all.

I'd love to see a girl try to beat that :D C'mon, show us your meanest Inspector look!
  • edited May 2011
    Must...buy...tighty whities....
  • edited May 2011
    heres mine hes more suited for hector
  • edited May 2011
    Allow me to break the ice:

FBI.jpg

Oh and that's a match between my teeth
    Because Detective Brock doesn't believe in "filling your lungs with smoke and mirrors"
    Det. Brock, "Words of Wisdom" - Vol II.

you should exclude mr wolfpet from these competitions. he is just to good
  • edited May 2011
    I think one of the reasons people seem to be hesitant to make an effort is Telltale's request for appropriate settings. We can't all break into or hire a dingy office, and breaking into abandoned buildings carries the risk of getting arrested at best and being murdered by a homeless person at worst. We don't all have a police badge, a jar of police funds and a hobo-whacking crowbar.
  • edited May 2011
    BiggerJ wrote: »
    I think one of the reasons people seem to be hesitant to make an effort is Telltale's request for appropriate settings. We can't all break into or hire a dingy office, and breaking into abandoned buildings carries the risk of getting arrested at best and being murdered by a homeless person at worst. We don't all have a police badge, a jar of police funds and a hobo-whacking crowbar.

Hahaha keep what you're doing legal. But also, a good looking photoshop of your own desk area but with a cool setting in the background, totally works. I'm asking for creativity here (I know the Telltale community is very creative). It doesn't have to be some groundbreaking new piece but have some fun with it.
  • edited May 2011
    Some of us are out in the field working, Live from the crime scene...

hecter2copy.jpg
  • edited May 2011
    Awesome!! Is that a cigar or a lollipop? :D
  • edited May 2011
    Thanks dude.

Was meant to be a cigarette for full noir effect but... I don't smoke and forgot to steal one off my brother when I saw him, so is in fact a double size lolly... about to lit from a zippo, forgetful but dedicated to an idear
  • edited May 2011
    Grrr. Another photo contest, and me without a camera. And here I have to break my internet anonymity by showing my ugly mug on the forums. But, oh well. Would you accept older pictures? Here are some stills from an old film project I worked on.

Serious detective is serious:
    Attachment not found.

Interrogation:
    Attachment not found.

Standing & talking:
    Attachment not found.

Later, palookas.
    Attachment not found.
  • edited May 2011
    does it have to be hector, because i suck at hector and still want to enter
  • edited May 2011
    nobody has done Hector justice yet. seems to be just a bunch of old pictures taken from other occasions that are detective related.
  • edited May 2011
    seibert999 wrote: »
    does it have to be hector, because i suck at hector and still want to enter

Nope! You can dress like him, or inspired by him.
    The subject is "Dirty Detective" and you can play around that idea however you want.
    You don't have to imitate a character, just imitate a style. Or create your own :p
  • edited May 2011
    Finally I have a semi-worthy entry. You can't tell from the shot but I slept in that shirt all night (which I found uncomfortable because I usually sleep naked) and haven't shaved for a couple of days. The mattress is too springy so just put the condom next to me. Sorry no prison cell decor.

Hectorcompetition.jpg
  • edited May 2011
    Seeing some fun entries so far! tbm1986, yours literally made me laugh out loud.
  • edited May 2011
    Now we're talking!
  • edited May 2011
    Wrinkled shirt? Check
    Tasteless tie? Check
    Pic taken in a small dingy toilet? Check

DetectivepicforHectorcompetition.png
  • edited May 2011
    I took several pictures (with the help of my sister and her crime scene tape) and I thought this one was the best. I can upload more but I believe the rule is one per person.
    DSCI0307.jpg
    Hope it finds favour amongst you. Good luck to everyone else too!
  • edited May 2011
    I have a vision for an entry but time will tell if it'll make it here... :/
  • edited May 2011
    The "atmospheres" caught in tbm1986's pic and TheChosen's pic are really cool! Details and...ahem...clothing choices are really good!

Jo Jo Sef's facial expression is priceless. Haha! He could easily "sneak" into a CSI episode.
    Well done guys! Keep them coming!

No attempt from a girl yet? :( awww
  • edited May 2011
    Aaaaand the contest entry period is over! The poll is created.

Vote for your favorite entry(ies) in the poll and the top three entrants win a free copy of Hector. You can vote for more than one entry! Good luck all!
  • edited May 2011
    Voted for SWP and The Chosen, because:

1) I love the concept of Female Body Inspector
    2) The Chosen actually risked catching multiple STIs for this comp
    3) it's against my principles to vote for myself

I'll still be gutted if I lose by 2 votes. As Hector would say: get voting, you tossers! :P
  • edited May 2011
    I voted for myself. Eight times.

...:p kidding.

I voted for tbm1986 (can I call you Bob? your username is so... number-y!) because he just went all the way with the picture. It takes guts. (sort of).
    I also voted for TheChosen. Once, I filmed one of my characters sitting on the toilet and screaming. Sometimes I wonder if my Oscar Award may be affected by that someday... and so will you. :p
    Aaand, of course, Jo Jo Sef. One does not need a costume to make a pic look good, and he seems to know that.

The other contestants were good too! I just saw more time/effort invested into these three pics.
  • edited May 2011
    ...tbm1986 (can I call you Bob? your username is so... number-y!

YOU MAY CALL ME MURRAY! THE DEMONIC DISEMBODIED TALKING SKULL! WHEN YOU CLAPPED YOUR EYES UPON ME, YOU LOOKED INTO THE FACE OF DOOM!

My name's Tom, Andrei. Pleased to meet you (sort of).
  • edited May 2011
    Pleased to meet you (sort of), Tom! :D I love it when I meet cool talented people!
  • edited May 2011
    Pleased to meet you (sort of), Tom! :D I love it when I meet cool talented people!

Let me know when you meet one, won't you?

I don't have much (if any) talent, truth be told. I'm a Metaller, computer game nerd, mathematician, philosopher, Grammar Nazi and IT professional wannabe (with the highlight of my career hopefully being a Tester for Telltale).

You can sing, write, draw, animate, act and have a lot of charm. That's just what I've picked up. Oh and the ladies love you. I envy you in pretty much every way and tend to bask in your shadow.
  • edited May 2011
    Haha, thanks but your sensors may need a little tweaking :)
    I cannot sing, but I admit that is not stopping me for trying (and failing). My voice is just not good for what I want to sing.
    Writing...eh...tons of people write better than I do.
    Drawing? Hm... nope. I'm using programs. Free-hand drawing on real paper is worse than Picasso's little brother, Bobo. What? You've never heard of Bobo?! ...that's how bad my drawing is. :p
    Act? ...I just have fun in front of the camera. Dunno if I could do it if it were the real thing.
    Charm...hm... I do wash my hair from time to time...maybe that's when I have a bit of charm. Otherwise... :D
    Ladies love me?! Hahahaha! My last girlfriend hated everything I did on the artistic side. :p That's why we broke up. I'm really intrigued by this... show me da ladies!

True, I never liked Metal, but I always wanted to have the patience of being a game nerd. This includes my struggle to play a D&D game at least once in this lifetime. I've got my eyes set on Mansion of Madness, but it's kind of expensive and I have no idea if I'll like it. Not to mention PC games of all sorts.
    I always sucked at math, I was never capable of remembering every single little tiny formula.
    My philosophy rarely helps me out in real life situations.
    I suck at grammar and my IT knowledge is limited to "never ever stick a screwdriver in your PC while it is running". Yes, I did that. All I remember is a blue light. Haha, no, really... that was stupid.

So, in the most friendly way, the envy is mutual :p
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2011
    I like that we have such selfless people here, willing to remove their pants in the name of art and free games.
  • edited May 2011
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    I like that we have such selfless people here, willing to remove their pants in the name of art and free games.

I wish I could get more girls to do that in exchange for alcohol and/or my company.
  • edited May 2011
    Yesterday I "ran out" of girls. Two of my best actresses (well, I only had 2) announced that they will focus on University and such...so no more actresses for a while. Bummer.
  • edited May 2011
    I for one voted for the individual who can see who voted for whom so he doesn't hit me with a spoon for voting against him. (not that I think he ever would... I hope)
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2011
    Ribs wrote: »
    I for one voted for the individual who can see who voted for whom so he doesn't hit me with a spoon for voting against him. (not that I think he ever would... I hope)

Mods can't actually see who voted what on an anonymous poll. ;)

And I'm sure Silverwolfpet would never hit you with a spoon... well not a big one anyway.
  • edited May 2011
    *hides spoon*

Of course not! :D
This discussion has been closed.