Ending Discussion (SPOILERS)

For those who've beaten the game...

What happened to the other missing people? Astronauts get them? Gone crazy by the lunacy ray?

Also, Puzzle Agent 3 in Bermuda? Any get a picture of that postcard so we can see if there is anything weird about it?

Comments

• edited July 2011
    Astronauts got them is the right theory according to Jake in the review thread.
  • edited July 2011
    I don't have a screenshot of the postcard, but before Nelson puts the box on top of it, you can see in the trees, a skeleton wearing a business suit.
  • edited July 2011
    I'm confused as to why it didn't explain what happened to the astronauts? who they were? who was the astronaut contacting nelson? what happened to the missing people and why where they being taken?
  • edited July 2011
    I have to admit, the pacing was going very well until like the last 1/4 where it started sprinting instead and came off as rushed without explaining many things.

My big question is:
    So Nelson goes against orders after being warned to stay away and continues his way to destroy the lunacy beam, we assume he must have assaulted some FBI agents in the process to get back to the site in that whacked out dream, etc, and then of course going mad and eventually destroying the beam by throwing it in the lake.

....And then he's just back in his office as if everything is normal???? Glori and Issac are now on Holiday and Nelson is just back to work as normal? It felt like there was a scene missing, why was he allowed back to his job after going against everything the FBI said??
  • Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited July 2011
    I've heard this game has two separate endings similar to the Devil's Playhouse. I assume the endings are triggered by either winning or losing the last puzzle where Nelson is running to the lake.
  • edited July 2011
    I don't think you can actually lose that puzzle, though.
  • Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited July 2011
    I know you can't lose it, but when I was playing I had failed to make three matches in time (playing in free play afterwards gives you unlimited time to make three matches) after five turns and the puzzle stopped and went to the next cutscene. I think it's reasonable to assume that's where the two endings come into play.

Edit: In free play, winning or losing the puzzle doesn't show you the alternate ending. Winning takes you back to free play, and as I said you have unlimited time so you can't lose after five tries.
  • edited July 2011
    Yes, but they are only slightly different. Both involve dumping the lunar ray emitter in the lake, and both feature
    the sasquatch
  • edited July 2011
    So, wait, I solved that puzzle in time, whereas my friend didn't, but it seemed like we both got pretty much the same scene. What's the difference in 'em?
  • edited July 2011
    If you finish in time
    Agent Tethers throws the emitter on the lake, and then the sasquatch roars to break the ice
    . I'm less sure about what happened when you don't finish in time, but I think it's something like
    Tethers dropping the emitter in the snow, and the sasquatch picking it up and dunking it in the lake
    or something to that effect.

In either case the day is saved, so there isn't a material difference. Just a slightly different cutscene.
  • edited July 2011
    Actually, I did lose the minigame (either I didn't understood what to do, or how to do it, or both), and got the second ending Soultaker said (
    Nelson trips over a tree branch and drops the emitter in the snow, then Chewbacca picks it and throw it in the lake
    )
  • edited July 2011
    Actually, I did lose the minigame (either I didn't understood what to do, or how to do it, or both), and got the second ending Soultaker said (
    Nelson trips over a tree branch and drops the emitter in the snow, then Chewbacca picks it and throw it in the lake
    )

Is that the only difference or does something differ in the final scene (at the office)?
  • edited July 2011
    Is that the only difference or does something differ in the final scene (at the office)?
    I don't really know. Tomorrow I'll replay the whole game to get better results
    (and unlock "King's Challenge") and get the other ending by wining the minigame. I'll tell you then.
  • edited July 2011
    I didn't notice any difference at all, except maybe that completing the challenge is required to unlock the King's Challenge. Still not sure what the exact preconditions for that one are.
  • edited July 2011
    Cheri wrote: »
    I don't have a screenshot of the postcard, but before Nelson puts the box on top of it, you can see in the trees, a skeleton wearing a business suit.

Somehow this reminded me of Lost and Half Life.
  • edited July 2011
    so,i played a second time,and looked VERY CLOSE at the card,and when you look at the right side of the card,you can see someone in the bushes.If you ask me,i would say,it looks ALOT like principal skeleton! i will try to maybe make a screenshot,to proove if its really that,or if my eyes are playing tricks on me ;)
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2011
    :)

7KxTE.jpg

fUZj2.jpg
  • edited July 2011
    puzzlebox wrote: »

7KxTE.jpg

fUZj2.jpg

I replayed Lunar Run after i completed the game and instead of Nelson i was playing as this skeleton :eek:
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2011
    I replayed Lunar Run after i completed the game and instead of Nelson i was playing as this skeleton :eek:

Wow, really? How did you do that? I've completed everything except the King's Challenge, and it's still just Nelson and his oven mitt.

My first thought when I saw that figure in the bushes was that it was one of the Silents from Doctor Who. :p
  • edited July 2011
    The ending actually came quite unexpected to me,
    i was actually expecting to be around 75 to 80% of the game when Nelson got sent back to his office.

Also i was quite stumbled on how, one moment nelson was getting talked to by gnomes and the next moment floating in space and after that appearing near the lunar lander being held at gunpoint by all the other agents.
    Why doesnt that "prevent" him from solving the puzzle, like the last time he opened the puzzlecircuit. Does his underpaints contain kevlar?

On another note, is it just me, or are there way too many slidepuzzles compared to the other types?
  • edited July 2011
    Got to admit I was very disappointed with the ending and PA2 in general. Like others said it was just all over the place and unlike the first one the ending wasn't interesting at all. At least the first one had something happen, this one you just look at a post card and you're done.
  • edited July 2011
    josephmatt wrote: »

exactly what i was thinking :D

would be awesome to see another classic grickle creation in a possible next installement!!!!!
  • edited July 2011
    Wow, really? How did you do that? I've completed everything except the King's Challenge, and it's still just Nelson and his oven mitt.

My first thought when I saw that figure in the bushes was that it was one of the Silents from Doctor Who. :p

After you have completed the game, if you play Lunar Run for 3 times, the character gets switched.

First it's just Nelson, then the skeleton, then some weird caveman and lastly a cow.. then it loops.
  • edited July 2011

7KxTE.jpg

fUZj2.jpg

Actually, I think he looks more like him... which would explain quite a LOT.
  • edited July 2011
    Now the skeleton is weird, but what gets me wondering is the capitol building (I assume) in the back there. Doesn't seem like Nelson and the Davners are too far away from each other.

Also, this has been bugging me like crazy. What's with Glori in this game? First game she claims that "the Hidden People need Isaac" (and how proud she was of him), to the point where she tries to murder Nelson to keep him from interfering. Puzzle Agent 2 comes along and Glori scoffs at Nelson for believing in the Hidden People, and believes the Brotherhood was just doing something that would help Isaac get over his "troubles" or whatever it was.

Eh? Did I miss something?
  • edited July 2011
    Nope.
    Or yes, we all miss something. It's clear that the devs changed their original idea. Also the photo of the brotherwood, looking all happy and suggesting they have some history together, makes little sense with the explanations she gives later in this game.

All the story in general feels untidy and a bit rushed.
  • edited July 2011
    Nagaoka wrote: »
    Now the skeleton is weird, but what gets me wondering is the capitol building (I assume) in the back there. Doesn't seem like Nelson and the Davners are too far away from each other.

Also, this has been bugging me like crazy. What's with Glori in this game? First game she claims that "the Hidden People need Isaac" (and how proud she was of him), to the point where she tries to murder Nelson to keep him from interfering. Puzzle Agent 2 comes along and Glori scoffs at Nelson for believing in the Hidden People, and believes the Brotherhood was just doing something that would help Isaac get over his "troubles" or whatever it was.

Eh? Did I miss something?

I think the building is really just a type of colonial-style architecture found throughout the west.
  • edited July 2011
    Ignatius wrote: »
    Nope.
    Or yes, we all miss something. It's clear that the devs changed their original idea. Also the photo of the brotherwood, looking all happy and suggesting they have some history together, makes little sense with the explanations she gives later in this game.

All the story in general feels untidy and a bit rushed.

Yeah I remember thinking about the photo as well. I think it would have been less jarring if the discrepancy had at least been acknowledged. Nelson brings up the inconsistency and Glori doesn't remember a thing about trying to kill him. Hey maybe that was all in Nelson's head too?

Otherwise we get Nelson just taking at face value Glori's explanation that she took a chainsaw to the lake to try and drown him because she didn't want him interfering with her husband's therapy session. Oooookay.
    DAISHI wrote: »
    I think the building is really just a type of colonial-style architecture found throughout the west.

Since you mention colonial architecture I'm guessing you mean the colonies in the U.S? The colonies were all along the east coast, so historical american colonial/Georgian-style buildings are mainly located there (live in Virginia, PLENTY of field trips involving Williamsburg, Monticello, Mt Vernon, etc. as a kid). The neoclassical all-white domed building is the iconic look for the Capitol though (and the architecture around DC is also mainly neoclassical) and Bermuda seems to have its own rather distinctive architecture.

If you're talking about something completely different, then I apologize XD.

Though looking through google for domed buildings there is ANOTHER capitol building it could be. The Minnesota State Capitol.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnesota_State_Capitol
  • edited July 2011
    I found out if you keep playing the lunar run there are 4 different playable characters.

1. Nelson Tethers
    2. Princible Skeleton
    3. Dank
    4. Random Cow (yes really)
  • edited July 2011
    Seriously?

Do you have to start the game over or just play in Free Play?
  • edited July 2011
    Seriously?

Do you have to start the game over or just play in Free Play?

Just in Free Play (not sure if your rank and whether you successfully completed the Lunar Run on the first try is important)
  • edited July 2011
    mistheart wrote: »
    I found out if you keep playing the lunar run there are 4 different playable characters.

1. Nelson Tethers
    2. Princible Skeleton
    3. Dank
    4. Random Cow (yes really)
    DAISHI wrote: »
    Hur hur
  • edited July 2011
    Nagaoka wrote: »
    Yeah I remember thinking about the photo as well. I think it would have been less jarring if the discrepancy had at least been acknowledged. Nelson brings up the inconsistency and Glori doesn't remember a thing about trying to kill him. Hey maybe that was all in Nelson's head too?

Otherwise we get Nelson just taking at face value Glori's explanation that she took a chainsaw to the lake to try and drown him because she didn't want him interfering with her husband's therapy session. Oooookay.

Since you mention colonial architecture I'm guessing you mean the colonies in the U.S? The colonies were all along the east coast, so historical american colonial/Georgian-style buildings are mainly located there (live in Virginia, PLENTY of field trips involving Williamsburg, Monticello, Mt Vernon, etc. as a kid). The neoclassical all-white domed building is the iconic look for the Capitol though (and the architecture around DC is also mainly neoclassical) and Bermuda seems to have its own rather distinctive architecture.

If you're talking about something completely different, then I apologize XD.

Though looking through google for domed buildings there is ANOTHER capitol building it could be. The Minnesota State Capitol.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnesota_State_Capitol

No you're right that the dome is pretty synonymous with the U.S. Capitol. There are just some older plantation structures in Bermuda that have some resemblance to the Georgian style with derivations, since that style didn't catch on as strongly in Bermuda. That said, as I think about what you're saying and what I said, in retrospect I think you're more right than I am. The dome is odd for Bermuda and really evokes the capitol more strongly that anything around Bermuda.
  • edited July 2011
    Maybe being that there is a dank model in PA2 means that there is a dank/dunk game coming?
  • edited July 2011
    I belive that Dank model was created a long time ago, i recall seeing it somewhere, in a Telltale panel, one of those "create a scene with telltale" maybe.
  • edited July 2011
    Speaking of other Grickle characters, was I the only one who saw and heard spacewolf during the space scene? Was it involved in the story somehow or was it just a sight gag?
  • edited July 2011
    For those who are probably still wondering, the other missing people were never taken by the Hidden People but were murdered by the astronauts who have gone crazy due to the lunar ray as mentioned by Ed/Isaac. The only one taken by the hidden people was Isaac Davner since they wanted to get rid of the lunar ray and the lunar lander as well so they can go back home and since he himself was one of the astronautsl...He was probably very scared of the people in the first place which is why he probably locked himself up in the factory.
  • edited July 2011
    homsar8 wrote: »
    Speaking of other Grickle characters, was I the only one who saw and heard spacewolf during the space scene? Was it involved in the story somehow or was it just a sight gag?

I saw the space wolf, too. But I think the many "side" gags of other grickle characters at the end of the plot was a little bit too much and confusing.

:confused::confused:
Sign in to comment in this discussion.