Required to be connected to play PA2 ? Bad

I am missing something, or do I need to be connected every time I play puzzle agent 2 ?

I do understand that for copy protection, we need to log once when launching the game for the first time, but after that it is a real problem : First, I don't really want to send a message to Tell Tale Games every time I launch their product. And also, my computer is not always connected to the internet.

That's the kind of thing that would definitely make me stop buying from a company. Especially when the connection does not bring anything crucial to the game.

Comments

• edited July 2011
    Generally speaking: no. You need to verify that you purchased the game the first time you play on each computer (which can be done without the internet, but is much easier to just log on using your username/password), but after that, it should be fine to play offline.

The launcher may take a little bit of time to load, because it does attempt to connect to the Telltale website - mostly to get the latest promo banner, blog titles & forum thread titles etc. But when that all fails, you should still be able to play the game.

(Of course, if you get the Steam version, this doesn't apply - I think Steam requires an internet connection to play, even if the game itself doesn't)
  • edited July 2011
    Molokov wrote: »
    (Of course, if you get the Steam version, this doesn't apply - I think Steam requires an internet connection to play, even if the game itself doesn't)
    Actually, Steam works in the exact same way. You need it to use it to download the game and sometimes activate it by launching it for the first time, but outside of that you don't even need Steam anymore depending on the game. Valve games like Portal and Left 4 Dead do require Steam to be active, but a lot of indie games like Super Meat Boy and And Yet It Moves don't.
  • edited July 2011
    Molotov and Maikel are correct. You only need to be online the first time you log into the launcher. Once you've done that, you can play the game online or offline.
  • edited July 2011
    Well, it consistently required me to log for the whole first day. After that it didn't need connection any more.
    I'll check again though.
  • edited July 2011
    Molokov wrote: »

I think the way Steam works is that it tries to log in to the Steam servers if you run Steam while connected to the internet. If you aren't connected, it will let you run in offline mode. As such, you can play without having a connection once the game is installed correctly.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.