The 2D looks or the 3D looks on the characters

I looked for a conversation about this, and there wasn't anything about it. Now I thought it would be interesting to see this. Now we do now that there are two different style designs for Monkey Island. The 2D looks and 3D looks. I'm not talking about the classic look(the first 2 monkey island games) I'm talking about how the characters looked in Curse Of Monkey Island. And the 3D look(Telltale's game of Monkey Island, not Escape).

Some of the people I know outside the telltale forum thought it was going to suck because they knew it was going to be done with 3D. But when they saw the trailer for it, they were both surprised and impressed with it. So do you guys prefer the way the characters look in 2D or with 3D? You can like both if u want.

Comments

• edited September 2011
    I like both. :) The 3-D characters are easier to program, though, now that computers are fast enough to render them acceptably. Easier to program means more likely to be produced, so that's a plus for 3-D!
  • edited September 2011
    Curse looks better than Tales, but both look good.
  • edited September 2011
    Alex IDV wrote: »
    Curse looks better than Tales, but both look good.

This.
  • edited September 2011
    For all the good things Curse did, Guybrush's character design was not one of them I'm afraid. He's the second worst design in all the Monkey Island's to be honest. Not counting the remakes.
  • edited September 2011
    Curse had great backgrounds, but I never liked the style of its character art — Guybrush in particular seemed rather gangly, to the extent that it was hard to believe he could stand up. :) I much prefer the style in Tales, especially considering that the character models are able to genuinely act for the first time.
  • edited October 2011
    I quite liked the character model for Guybrush in Curse, but that's probably because I'm very tall and skinny myself. It was like playing me*, but with blonde hair and a pony tail.

(And yes, I did stop short of writing "like playing with myself", and for good reason.)
  • edited October 2011
    He was wayyy too tall in Curse. I thought the Tales versoin was very good, as it's not unlike his MI2 apperance, which is my favourite.
  • edited December 2011
    I think the graphics are great in Tales except for using the mouse to move the characters about. I tried using the circle-mouse thing and now I use the arrow keys on my keyboard. The arrow keys work quite well.
  • edited December 2011
    I think the graphics are great in Tales except for using the mouse to move the characters about. I tried using the circle-mouse thing and now I use the arrow keys on my keyboard. The arrow keys work quite well.

What does that have to do with the graphics, though?
  • edited December 2011
    I think it's harder to enjoy and explore the visuals when you use the mouse-circular cursor
Sign in to comment in this discussion.