Deluxe Edition Soundtrack

edited November 2012 in Jurassic Park
I just downloaded the soundtrack as part of the exclusive features of the Deluxe Edition. I noticed that there is no track order for the many cues presented in the download, just listed alphabetically. Telltale, could you perhaps put up a track listing that puts these tracks in some kind of order of the game's events? Thanks!

Comments

• edited November 2011
    Where's the majesty and spendor of the film music, the Game music is terrible and i never thought id say that after loving sam and max and monkey island music so much
  • edited November 2011
    Is the original theme in there? I cant seem to find it.
  • edited November 2011
    scallenger wrote: »
    I just downloaded the soundtrack as part of the exclusive features of the Deluxe Edition. I noticed that there is no track order for the many cues presented in the download, just listed alphabetically. Telltale, could you perhaps put up a track listing that puts these tracks in some kind of order of the game's events? Thanks!

Where did you find It??
  • edited November 2011
    It may be how you are viewing them, but the track order appears for me:

tracksf.th.jpg

The track number, artist, etc. is part of the metadata, so it should display and sort automatically in iTunes and Windows.

BitToTheFuture, if you ordered the Deluxe Edition of the game, the soundtrack download option should be available from the same "My Games" page where you downloaded the game.

I disagree with the criticisms. Though nobody can top John Williams, I think the soundtrack is a close match to, and a good companion to, the original film sountrack.
  • edited November 2011

tracksf.th.jpg

The track number, artist, etc. is part of the metadata, so it should display and sort automatically in iTunes and Windows.

BitToTheFuture, if you ordered the Deluxe Edition of the game, the soundtrack download option should be available from the same "My Games" page where you downloaded the game.

I disagree with the criticisms. Though nobody can top John Williams, I think the soundtrack is a close match to, and a good companion to, the original film sountrack.

Thanks so much!! I thought that it was inside the box!!!
  • edited November 2011
    Thanks Jurassiraptor, but that is still just in Alphabetical order if you notice. :( I doubt that is any real intended order of game events. Oh well, I guess I could figure it out myself sometime. Still cool to have it! :D
  • TorTor
    edited November 2011
    It's possible to generate better file names (e.g. with track numbers in them) based on the metadata. Use a tool like Mp3tag or similar.
  • edited November 2011
    Kind of interesting. Having played the first two levels of the game so far myself (loving it), the composer does have some "fun" little variations on various Jurassic Park themes throughout the game. And not just the "Island" theme or even the "carnivore" motif, but I even heard lifts from "High Wire Stunts" and some others. Even a riff on the Opening Titles, haha. For the purposes of the game I thought it was very well done. However, the 29-track soundtrack (in 320k MP3, thank goodness) that comes with the deluxe version of the game doesn't include ANY of it! Instead it includes what seems like all of Jared's "original" music, which also appears in the game throughout. Now this music isn't bad game music at all, like some people feel it is here. In fact, there is this one very peaceful tune that is really very lovely.

So, it's really curious... was Telltale Games not allowed to "offer" the other music because it incorporates John Williams themes? Or was this deliberate to only highlight just the "original" work done? Very curious.

Also, for those who were also curious, the game does feature some music directly from the film in a couple moments (the main theme, from the end credits I believe).
  • edited November 2011
    I assume it was indeed legal problems. It's pretty much similar to James Hannigans' "Harry Potter" video game scores (which are, by the way, gorgeous!), as he also included some of John Williams' themes in the soundtrack, and those were all edited out in the digital download versions of those soundtracks. The themes were licensed to be used in the game(s), but any further use beyond that wasn't allowed.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited November 2011
    So the soundtrack has just JEJ's emulation of Williams' style, but not his motifs?

That sounds interesting indeed. I'll get me that soundtrack this evening. :D
  • edited November 2011

tracksf.th.jpg

Am I the only one that finds numbering the tracks in alphabetical order is a bit lazy?
  • edited November 2011
    scallenger wrote: »
    Telltale, could you perhaps put up a track listing that puts these tracks in some kind of order of the game's events? Thanks!

NO! Because that would just be way tooo simple especially for a bunch of game developers that are sitting on their asses looking at their paychecks to get up and fix the shit that is messed up.

After all is said and done, this game should've just been given away for free to everyone at least for a limited time.
  • edited November 2011
    Reznor2112 wrote: »
    After all is said and done, this game should've just been given away for free to everyone at least for a limited time.

Yeah, no, I don't think that, after all this time, effort, and money dumped into this project, they should just give it away to whiny cretons.
  • edited November 2011
    Here is some album artwork I just made for anyone who wants the soundtrack in their music library. It's a bit blurry, since the game logo on the Telltale VIP site is low resolution, but it gets the job done.

You can download it using this direct link: http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6219/6351031512_8f8816f6c5_b_d.jpg
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2011
    nanotyrano wrote: »
    Is the original theme in there? I cant seem to find it.

Laserschwert is right. It's similar to the above mentioned Harry Potter thing. The original JP theme is owned by John Williams and we licensed it for game use, so you'll hear familiar JP melodies verbatim and woven into other tracks by Jared throughout the game itself, but our license does not include distributing it with the soundtrack, so any cues from the game which use the movie's themes are not included here.

As for track order, I don't think Jared had an intended order for this release, though he says that, by chance, they have a surprisingly nice flow in alphabetical order in terms of long to short, upbeat to downbeat distribution.
  • edited November 2011
    Reznor2112 wrote: »
    NO! Because that would just be way tooo simple especially for a bunch of game developers that are sitting on their asses looking at their paychecks to get up and fix the shit that is messed up.

Yes, you are totally right! Here, why don't you use my login details so you can download it for free like you deserve, nay, EARNED.

Login: icantbelieveilive@societywhereihaveto.pay
    Pass: forgoodsandserviceswithactualmoney

I too hope to live in the ideal world you imagine, where people will let me have whatever I want for with the only payment desired is the opportunity to read my sage forum posts.

Yeah- you keep on tilting at windmills, man.
  • edited November 2011
    I've also done a back cover for those who want a physical cd case.

Here are the Flickr links for both covers

Front: http://www.flickr.com/photos/24241414@N02/6351031512/in/photostream/
    Back: http://www.flickr.com/photos/24241414@N02/6351395844/in/photostream

EDIT: I just realized I missed two tracks on the listing for the back cover. I'll update that soon.
  • edited November 2011
    Guys, I mentioned this several times- please feel free to discuss away, all opinions are welcome here, but no personal attacks. Calling another forum member stupid/jerk, etc. results in an infraction, followed by a ban. We can all have our opinions wiyhout being rude to others.
  • edited November 2011
    I found a typo in the Soundtrack. Raptor Run is incorrectly spelled as rapter run. I'm just picky. :p
  • edited November 2011
    nanotyrano wrote: »
    I found a typo in the Soundtrack. Raptor Run is incorrectly spelled as rapter run. I'm just picky. :p

Thanks for pointing that out. I'll fix it when I do the missing tracks. I also want to make a cd label. I like having an actual soundtrack CD instead of just a digital version.

Does anyone know of a higher resolution game logo I can use for the front cover?

EDIT: Lol. I misunderstood. You meant the typo was on the track itself, not the back cover I did.
  • edited November 2011
    Spinky wrote: »
    I've also done a back cover for those who want a physical cd case.

Here are the Flickr links for both covers

Front: http://www.flickr.com/photos/24241414@N02/6351031512/in/photostream/
    Back: http://www.flickr.com/photos/24241414@N02/6351395844/in/photostream

Thanks for the covers, Spinky! I like having cover art with my digital music.

By the way, where did you find the background art of the island on the back cover? I wanted that for my desktop but couldn't find a way to download it off Telltale's site. I just love how ominous it looks.
  • edited November 2011
    trocks wrote: »
    Thanks for the covers, Spinky! I like having cover art with my digital music.

By the way, where did you find the background art of the island on the back cover? I wanted that for my desktop but couldn't find a way to download it off Telltale's site. I just love how ominous it looks.

I just did a google image search for "jurassic park the game."

Here is a link to the original image: http://www.mobzone.org/wordpress/imagenes/bg_final2.jpg
  • edited November 2011
    I just did a google image search for "jurassic park the game."

Here is a link to the original image: http://www.mobzone.org/wordpress/imagenes/bg_final2.jpg

Thanks!
  • edited November 2011
    I have the soundtrack, but I feel like alot of what I heard in-game is missing from it :(
  • edited November 2011
    I have the soundtrack, but I feel like alot of what I heard in-game is missing from it :(

Telltale mentioned they couldn't include official movie riffs into the soundtrack due to copyrights. Hence, some missing songs.

Jake wrote: »
    Laserschwert is right. It's similar to the above mentioned Harry Potter thing. The original JP theme is owned by John Williams and we licensed it for game use, so you'll hear familiar JP melodies verbatim and woven into other tracks by Jared throughout the game itself, but our license does not include distributing it with the soundtrack, so any cues from the game which use the movie's themes are not included here.

As for track order, I don't think Jared had an intended order for this release, though he says that, by chance, they have a surprisingly nice flow in alphabetical order in terms of long to short, upbeat to downbeat distribution.
  • edited November 2011
    Could the music be extracted from the actual game files?
  • edited November 2011

Yeah, but it probably won't be mixed for track-by-track listening.
  • edited November 2011
    Yes, while I am a little disappointed, this is nothing new for people that collect soundtracks from films either, lol. They ALWAYS leave stuff off, very rarely is a release complete. And there is some very good music in the game that isn't even influenced by Williams that I also really like that is all Jared's creation. Still, I understand legal issues and the like when it comes to Williams material. But yes... I hope there will be other ways to listen to the music also heard in-game. But people should still appreciate what we got because there are some good bits there, and the sound quality seems better than the game files. :)

And it is funny that even though the available soundtrack is just released in alphabetical order, it actually DOES have a well-rounded listening experience to it when I played it all the way through! Didn't expect that either, lol!
  • edited November 2011
    Thanks for pointing that out. I'll fix it when I do the missing tracks. I also want to make a cd label. I like having an actual soundtrack CD instead of just a digital version.

Does anyone know of a higher resolution game logo I can use for the front cover?

EDIT: Lol. I misunderstood. You meant the typo was on the track itself, not the back cover I did.

Here is the updated back cover: http://www.flickr.com/photos/24241414@N02/6355116481/in/photostream
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited November 2011
    It probably could.
    To quote myself from another thread:
    Macfly77 wrote: »
    I suggest you keep an eye out for an updated Telltale Music Extractor.
    The program lets you extract music from Telltale games (you don't say ;)) and usually gets updated shortly after Telltale's game releases.
  • edited November 2011
    Thanks Spinky for the covers
  • edited November 2011
    I'm very grateful the soundtrack is available though I do wish it was available in lossless format rather than 320k mp3s (I'd love ALAC but I could convert from FLAC), at least as an optional download.
  • edited November 2011
    mcneil_1 wrote: »
    Thanks Spinky for the covers

No prob. I made them for myself, but I figured you guys might like to have them as well.
  • edited November 2011
    Yeah I suggested FLAC as an option before the soundtrack was released but perhaps it was too late or they didn't see the suggestion. Maybe they can still remedy it, although I'm honestly happy with at least getting 320k, it sounds great.
  • edited November 2011
    No prob. I made them for myself, but I figured you guys might like to have them as well.

Yea, thx. I'm going to use them too.
    1. I don't have to put something together myself.
    2. If more people use the same covers, it's kinda official.;)
  • edited November 2011
    CaMa85 wrote: »
    Yea, thx. I'm going to use them too.
    1. I don't have to put something together myself.
    2. If more people use the same covers, it's kinda official.;)

That's exactly what I was going for. I wanted to make them look like the kind of covers TellTale would make.

I am kinda disappointed that I couldn't find any higher resolution artwork or logo for the front cover though. Anyone know where I could find those?
  • edited November 2011
    That's exactly what I was going for. I wanted to make them look like the kind of covers TellTale would make.

I am kinda disappointed that I couldn't find any higher resolution artwork or logo for the front cover though. Anyone know where I could find those?

Laserschwert put together covers for the Bone soundtracks, and those are officially endorsed and hosted by Telltale here. If you can find the right person, you may be able to work with Telltale and get similar treatment.
  • edited November 2011
    xbskid wrote: »
    Laserschwert put together covers for the Bone soundtracks, and those are officially endorsed and hosted by Telltale here. If you can find the right person, you may be able to work with Telltale and get similar treatment.

Wow! I never saw those before, but they look great. Thanks for the tip, I'll look into that.
  • edited November 2011
    Just finished the game (LOVED it btw, post my overall thoughts elsewhere), and I must say, especially in the final episode, there is a LOT of really fun music in this game that I liked! Jared really seemed to have fun doing variations of Williams "carnivore motif" especially, but also other themes as well if you pay attention. The soundtrack included with the deluxe edition is, I can now very much safely say, NOT a good representation of the game's score. And I don't just mean for Williams music. It seems like some of Jared's themes didn't get represented either. Just thought I would let everyone know.

Anyway, well done, Jared! You did a really nice fun score for the game with some wonderful nods to Williams in your own style! Just what I wanted. :)
  • edited November 2012
    guys the game sound is not coming is there anything that i can do to fix pls help!!!!!!!!!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.