Sam and Max Abridged

Comments

• edited September 2011
    Scnew wrote: »
    The average person isn't going to watch more of something they already didn't like, no.

Yeah, people are conservative like that.
  • edited September 2011
    We lost t he contest
  • edited September 2011
    seibert999 wrote: »
    We lost t he contest

There will be others.
  • edited September 2011
    This is just a modest suggestion coming from a student of the field. The entertainment industry is quite unforgiving. In the first 4 seconds if someone doesn't feel interested, they'll remember it. If not in 15 seconds, most generally lose interest.
    I suggest posting our breakthrough episode only, and for those interested, should message you if they want access to the rest of the series ^^

This, again, is a mild suggestion. It works though. Like with previews and demos; they put out the tidbits of tasty entertainment to get people interested.

Cheers, all!
  • edited September 2011
    Honestly, I was going to suggest redoing your first episode. Recording it, anyway.

That high volume HEY SAM makes one want to click their back button.. like.. immediately. Especially considering that the music that proceeds it is a lot lower and someone may have turned up their volume.
  • edited September 2011
    Honestly, I was going to suggest redoing your first episode. Recording it, anyway.

That high volume HEY SAM makes one want to click their back button.. like.. immediately. Especially considering that the music that proceeds it is a lot lower and someone may have turned up their volume.

Then check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VaZG9FM5wo
  • edited September 2011

lattsam wrote: »

And I rest my my case! Scnew saw the original pilot BEFORE the redone version... Let the quality stuff stand out. 'One bad apple', as they say... and all that jazz.

Put the original one in the ReTellTale Vault and release it when we have a nice following :P
  • edited September 2011
    Gohaku wrote: »
    And I rest my my case! Scnew saw the original pilot BEFORE the redone version... Let the quality stuff stand out. 'One bad apple', as they say... and all that jazz.

Put the original one in the ReTellTale Vault and release it when we have a nice following :P

Done! :3
  • edited September 2011
    ReTallTale Vault?
  • edited September 2011
    Done! :3

Awesome XD
    seibert999 wrote: »
    ReTallTale Vault?

Just me being a witty git. Like how Disney puts their movies away in their 'vault' for 7 years before re-releasing them. I was just saying hide the original pilot for a while; making it private.
  • edited September 2011
    Just me being a witty git. Like how Disney puts their movies away in their 'vault' for 7 years before re-releasing them. I was just saying hide the original pilot for a while; making it private.

Some movies have been in the Disney vault for even longer, actually. Case in point: Song of the South.
  • edited October 2011
    Some movies have been in the Disney vault for even longer, actually. Case in point: Song of the South.

Very true. Well, this fall, Lion King is set to be released yet again.

On another note; S&M Abridged appears to be in hiatus!?
    Where is everybody? 0 ,o
  • edited October 2011
    Very true. Well, this fall, Lion King is set to be released yet again.

On another note; S&M Abridged appears to be in hiatus!?
    Where is everybody? 0 ,o

Oh, I've just been in a slump for a while. I hope to come up with a good 7th episode just in time for the series' first anniversary!

I can't believe the series is about to turn one year old. Some fledgling abridged series don't even get that honor!
  • edited October 2011
    Cool! Let me know when you have a script done!
  • edited October 2011
    Oh, I've just been in a slump for a while. I hope to come up with a good 7th episode just in time for the series' first anniversary!

I can't believe the series is about to turn one year old. Some fledgling abridged series don't even get that honor!

That's because we're diligent and vigilant! I look forward to season 2 ^^
  • edited October 2011
    I hope I get some part In the first episode of season 2. I haven't gotten to record anything in a while
  • edited October 2011
    Remolay wrote: »
    I hope I get some part In the first episode of season 2. I haven't gotten to record anything in a while

I'm thinking Flint Paper... a MAJOR season 2 character and MAJOR Sam and Max side character!
  • edited October 2011
    OOOH! Please yes please yes. I am confident in my abilities to successfully Flint Paper.
  • edited October 2011
    Can I be Santa? I've got an idea for his voice.
  • edited October 2011
    Can I be Santa? I've got an idea for his voice.

I've got someone else in mind for Santa, but just in case he decides not to do it, I may think about it!
  • edited October 2011
    reserected
  • edited October 2011
    You don't need to bump things just for the sake of bumping them. I'm sure lattsam's perfectly capable of finding the thread when he makes something new.
  • edited October 2011
    As long as this thread has been bumped, I want to ask...

When is the script going to be ready? Will this be a Christmas special or something?
  • edited October 2011
    As long as this thread has been bumped, I want to ask...

When is the script going to be ready? Will this be a Christmas special or something?

It MIGHT be! :p
  • edited November 2011
    Is it possible to get an ETA on the script for the next episode? I'm kinda really aching to try out my Flint Paper voice.
  • edited November 2011
    Sometime around Thanksgiving vacation, if I'm lucky.
  • edited November 2011
    Sometime around Thanksgiving vacation, if I'm lucky.

good thing it is thanksgiving vacation break in my area
  • edited November 2011
    I've just started working on the script right now... I'm currently at the sequence with the Maimtron, as in the bot that keeps removing YouTube videos!

(Note to Maimtron: PLEASE don't remove mine!)
  • edited December 2011
    I've just started working on the script right now... I'm currently at the sequence with the Maimtron, as in the bot that keeps removing YouTube videos!

(Note to Maimtron: PLEASE don't remove mine!)
    Alrighty then, so I'm Harry and Max, yes?
    Please let me know if there are anymore roles I can do!
    See you guys on set!:D
  • edited December 2011
    Erm, would it be possible to get the script before next Friday? I'll be in The Land of No Internet for 2 weeks after that.
  • edited December 2011
    If you ever do a Devil's Playhouse Abridged, do you have a Skun-Ka'Pe or Papierwaite lined up?
  • edited December 2011
    Remolay wrote: »
    Erm, would it be possible to get the script before next Friday? I'll be in The Land of No Internet for 2 weeks after that.

Okay.
  • edited December 2011
    I call dibs on Skunkape.
  • edited December 2011
    Can I voice the elves?
  • edited December 2011
    Can I voice the elves?

Your avatar gives me the jibblies. Jibblie Jibblie Jibblie
  • edited December 2011
    The script for episode 7 is ready. Happy holidays, everyone!
  • edited December 2011
    I AM AN ELF (in the episode)
  • edited December 2011
    I read over the script.

All I can say, lattsam, is that I'll try to make the most out of my three lines of dialogue.
  • edited December 2011
    I read over the script.

All I can say, lattsam, is that I'll try to make the most out of my three lines of dialogue.

Good plan, It's the same plan I had for my one line.
  • edited December 2011
    Is mdt going to make new intro music for the new season?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.