Season 1 and 2 soundtrack?

edited July 2012 in Sam & Max
Hey, just finished playing season 2, we(me and my brother, and now the rest of the family) are a bit late to the Sam and Max party. But we're loving every minute. Well, except when we get stuck cause it's past midnight and all of us turn into stupid zombies that can't solve the simplest puzzles, but that happens with all really entertaining adventure games.

I'd love to buy the soundtracks for season 1 and 2, but apparently the pages for them in the store no longer exist. I assume this means I have to go third party(yeah, like anyone will ever want to sell their copy, lol) or *cough*that other way*cough* to get them.

But, being the good fan I am(and also a sucker for real physical cd copies of soundtracks), I'd still like to somehow toss the money for the soundtrack at Telltale. So I'm posting this to see if there is any possible way that the great internet search engines can't find to buy the soundtracks for the game, legally, from them.

Thanks,

darkgriffin

Comments

• JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2012
    Whoa I didn't know we weren't selling those anymore! That's a huge bummer.
  • edited May 2012
    We want Digital Delivery!!!!! :P
  • edited May 2012
    Yeah, would it be possible to start selling the Seasons 1 and 2 soundtracks again over iTunes, or some other similar sort of digital distribution?
    If Telltale can't sell the physical CDs anymore, that's a shame, but a digital version would be the next best thing!
  • edited May 2012
    Dang it, I was hoping that maybe I was just looking on the wrong page or it was just hidden cleverly in the Store. I'm new to the Sam and Max party too darkgriffin and I'm just as disappointed as you are over not being able to get these gems. The soundtrack for all the Seasons are absolutely fantastic and I'd love a copy too. :(
  • edited May 2012
    Jake wrote: »

Any plans to start selling them again?

I'd prefer in boxed form of course, but if you must offer them digitally to save warehouse space/publishing costs, I'd understand. Either way, being able to properly buy the soundtracks would be great. I assume you still have the rights to publish them, since you're still selling the Sam and Max Seasons.
  • edited May 2012
    Yeah, would it be possible to start selling the Seasons 1 and 2 soundtracks again over iTunes, or some other similar sort of digital distribution?

Bandcamp. Not iTunes. Please, not iTunes.
  • edited May 2012
    xbskid wrote: »
    Bandcamp. Not iTunes. Please, not iTunes.

Oh, yes! Bandcamp's a great idea. I'd prefer that to iTunes too, actually. A digital release through Bamdcamp would be perfect!
  • edited May 2012
    Season One: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UnaLmApWPA (read descrp.)
    Season Two: You're going to have a bit of a harder time finding the S2 Soundtrack. Go to http://samandmax.net/wiki/Season_Two_Soundtrack this page, find the name of the song, then search it up on YouTube. If you can't find it on YT, then you may want to add "Sam and Max" or "Jared-Emerson Johnson".
  • edited May 2012
    Jake wrote: »

They haven't been there since last year I think.

It really bummed me out when I started playing the games and thought "oh wow the music is amazing!" and found out they didn't sell the soundtracks any more. As you said its impossible to find them third party as everyone seems to be holding onto theirs (can't blame them, I certainly would).
  • edited May 2012
    Zantillia wrote: »
    They haven't been there since last year I think.

It really bummed me out when I started playing the games and thought "oh wow the music is amazing!" and found out they didn't sell the soundtracks any more. As you said its impossible to find them third party as everyone seems to be holding onto theirs (can't blame them, I certainly would).

There's also the fact that TTG has yet to release a soundtrack for Season 3. It's -really- disappointing.
  • edited June 2012

That's dumb. You have a digital copy of the soundtrack, and you're not putting it up for sale?
  • edited June 2012

This might mean we'll get separate digital copies of the soundtrack up for sale soon! At least I REALLY hope so!!
  • edited June 2012
    I've noticed that the GOG versions have different artwork to the ones from TellTale (click for bigger):
    soundtracksmsavetheworl.png soundtracksmbeyondtimea.png
  • edited June 2012
    soon!
    :confused:

Why "soon"? They are up at GoG... just get them. They also come with the games as a bonus :)
  • edited July 2012
    :confused:

Why "soon"? They are up at GoG... just get them. They also come with the games as a bonus :)

But I already own the games. Twice. u_u I'm not gonna buy them a third time just for the soundtracks. They need to be sold separate for people who already own them and want the soundtracks.
  • edited July 2012
    The games on GoG including the soundtrack were cheaper than the soundtracks they sold in the Telltale store, so a digital release wouldn't have been much cheaper anyway. Just buy the digital release of the soundtracks right in front of your eyes or stop complaining. (of course now they aren't on sale anymore, so waiting and complaining was the stupid move ;) )
  • edited July 2012
    The games on GoG including the soundtrack were cheaper than the soundtracks they sold in the Telltale store, so a digital release wouldn't have been much cheaper anyway. Just buy the digital release of the soundtracks right in front of your eyes or stop complaining. (of course now they aren't on sale anymore, so waiting and complaining was the stupid move ;) )

No, it's stupid that you have to buy the games AGAIN at full price in order to get the soundtracks, now that the sale's over.
    The games on GOG were cheaper than what the soundtracks were originally sold for but that was only for the sale. And since sale prices aren't permanent it's irrelevant.
    There needs to be an option to buy the soundtracks on their own again, digitally or otherwise. Plain and simple.
  • edited July 2012
    Well, it's up to TellTale and whether they're willing to release digital soundtracks in their own store. GOG will never sell soundtracks separately, because technically speaking, they're free. You're paying only for the game, all goodies are just a bonus for buying the game on GOG. That's how it always has been there.
  • edited July 2012
    No, it's stupid that you have to buy the games AGAIN at full price in order to get the soundtracks, now that the sale's over.
    Why didn't you get them while they were on sale then?
  • edited July 2012
    Why didn't you get them while they were on sale then?

Because I didn't have the money? u_u Not everyone has the constant unlimited disposable income to buy things at random times just because it's on sale, especially when it's something they already own TWICE and only want the part of it that should be sold separately in addition anyway.
  • edited July 2012
    the part of it that should be sold separately in addition anyway.
    Okay, you keep bringing that up, so I wonder: How much would you be willing to pay for a digital soundtrack to one of the games?
  • edited July 2012
    Okay, you keep bringing that up, so I wonder: How much would you be willing to pay for a digital soundtrack to one of the games?

For a digital release, $10-$15 would probably be reasonable for each soundtrack. No more than $20 I would say. You do get 2 discs worth of music per soundtrack, and it'd be great if that also included a digital version of the artwork/pamphlet from each soundtrack too.
  • edited July 2012

No one asked me, but... For a digital release, not much. For a physical CD with nice cover art, easily $20 plus shipping. Possibly more. But Telltale no longer sell that, and that's one reason why their online store just isn't as interesting to me as it used to be.

Fortunately I bought the two soundtracks while they were still available, but I used to have high hopes for season 3...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.