Choose which version of Isla Sorna do you want to be the setting of TLW: The Game

edited August 2012 in Jurassic Park
Which version of Isla Sorna do you want to be the setting for The Lost World: The Game?

Comments

• edited July 2012
    Wow! Two people vote for the novel version. I was thinking why the novel version. Is it because of the map in the Marine Facility or is it that the novel version of Isla Sorna is more popular than the movie version?
  • edited July 2012
    Here's what I think. It feels like even though this is supposed to take place during & after the events of the first film, it isn't EXACTLY like the film. Examples: Gerry Harding looks different in this game, and the map of Isla Nublar looks different too. I feel like Novel Sorna is more suitible for TLW:TG cause of these two reasons. 1: JP:TG feels like it's in it's own universe. 2: A map of Novel Sorna was seen in the Marine exhibit which I Know is what Isla Sorna looked like in the game canon.
  • edited July 2012
    JPTGfan wrote: »
    Here's what I think. It feels like even though this is supposed to take place during & after the events of the first film, it isn't EXACTLY like the film. Examples: Gerry Harding looks different in this game, and the map of Isla Nublar looks different too. I feel like Novel Sorna is more suitible for TLW:TG cause of these two reasons. 1: JP:TG feels like it's in it's own universe. 2: A map of Novel Sorna was seen in the Marine exhibit which I Know is what Isla Sorna looked like in the game canon.

1. The game is a part of the film canon (universe); not only has Universal studios said so, but so has TellTale Games. Plus a canon test was done by JPL, and they found it to be canon. Considering JPL is the best/most reliable on topic regarding the JP franchise (film, comic, novel, etc.), it is VERY reasonable to say JP:TG is indeed part of the same universe.

2. The map of Isla Sorna seen in the game is an easter egg; it is NOT to be taken seriously. It was only a tip-of-the-hat to the fans, similar to how E.T. was in Star Wars: Episode 1 (That was George Lucas's tip-of-the-hat to Steven Spielberg).

3. The island's shape is the exact same as what we see in JP1; only the locations on the island have been changed slightly. But again, those do not conflict severely enough with JP1 so say the game isn't in the film canon.

4. Gerry Harding may look different, but only because TellTale didn't get the right to use the looks of the original actor. Think of it as, for example, a different actor playing John Hammond; you just have to accept that even though the character looks different, it is still the same character. Same thing applies to Gerry Harding.

5. You're right, it isn't exactly like the first film; if it were, it would BE the first film. Plus, it should NOT be exactly like the film. TLW isn't EXACTLY like the first film in anyway, but it doesn't need to be. As long as it doesn't basically say "F*** the original", and completely ignore everything previously established, it's fine. JP:TG falls right in line with TLW or JP/// as a sequel.
  • edited July 2012
    Sinncrow wrote: »
    1. The game is a part of the film canon (universe); not only has Universal studios said so, but so has TellTale Games. Plus a canon test was done by JPL, and they found it to be canon. Considering JPL is the best/most reliable on topic regarding the JP franchise (film, comic, novel, etc.), it is VERY reasonable to say JP:TG is indeed part of the same universe.

2. The map of Isla Sorna seen in the game is an easter egg; it is NOT to be taken seriously. It was only a tip-of-the-hat to the fans, similar to how E.T. was in Star Wars: Episode 1 (That was George Lucas's tip-of-the-hat to Steven Spielberg).

3. The island's shape is the exact same as what we see in JP1; only the locations on the island have been changed slightly. But again, those do not conflict severely enough with JP1 so say the game isn't in the film canon.

4. Gerry Harding may look different, but only because TellTale didn't get the right to use the looks of the original actor. Think of it as, for example, a different actor playing John Hammond; you just have to accept that even though the character looks different, it is still the same character. Same thing applies to Gerry Harding.

5. You're right, it isn't exactly like the first film; if it were, it would BE the first film. Plus, it should NOT be exactly like the film. TLW isn't EXACTLY like the first film in anyway, but it doesn't need to be. As long as it doesn't basically say "F*** the original", and completely ignore everything previously established, it's fine. JP:TG falls right in line with TLW or JP/// as a sequel.

I agreed with you. The map in the Marine Facility was just an easter egg and Telltale must have put it in the game as a nod to Jurassic Park fans. For Gerry Harding's look, his appearance is like in the novel.
  • edited July 2012
    is the lost world game coming out?
  • edited July 2012
    Bladeking wrote: »
    is the lost world game coming out?

Not yet. Let's pray Telltale is planning to make the game.
  • edited July 2012
    Yeah i hope the spinosaurus is in it
  • edited August 2012
    There are a few reasons why I think the movie version of Isla Sorna is more suitable than the novel version:

1. The movie version is larger than the novel version. If the game were to take place in the novel version of Site B then the story would be short and I'm sure people wouldn't want that.

2. The ecology is better. It has two kinds of forest all in one island.

3. There are more dinosaurs in the movie version than there are in the novel due to different species and the DX disease not being present.

4. It will be a lot sense since JP:TG take place in the movie canon.

5. We might discovered more locations and more secrets of Site B.
  • edited August 2012
    I think that it would be better to do the movie version because then it would be easier for the people who make the game and it would be an area which players are familiar with. I choose the movie version!
  • edited August 2012
    I was thinking why the novel version?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.