JPTGfan wrote: »
Here's what I think. It feels like even though this is supposed to take place during & after the events of the first film, it isn't EXACTLY like the film. Examples: Gerry Harding looks different in this game, and the map of Isla Nublar looks different too. I feel like Novel Sorna is more suitible for TLW:TG cause of these two reasons. 1: JP:TG feels like it's in it's own universe. 2: A map of Novel Sorna was seen in the Marine exhibit which I Know is what Isla Sorna looked like in the game canon.
Sinncrow wrote: »
1. The game is a part of the film canon (universe); not only has Universal studios said so, but so has TellTale Games. Plus a canon test was done by JPL, and they found it to be canon. Considering JPL is the best/most reliable on topic regarding the JP franchise (film, comic, novel, etc.), it is VERY reasonable to say JP:TG is indeed part of the same universe.
2. The map of Isla Sorna seen in the game is an easter egg; it is NOT to be taken seriously. It was only a tip-of-the-hat to the fans, similar to how E.T. was in Star Wars: Episode 1 (That was George Lucas's tip-of-the-hat to Steven Spielberg).
3. The island's shape is the exact same as what we see in JP1; only the locations on the island have been changed slightly. But again, those do not conflict severely enough with JP1 so say the game isn't in the film canon.
4. Gerry Harding may look different, but only because TellTale didn't get the right to use the looks of the original actor. Think of it as, for example, a different actor playing John Hammond; you just have to accept that even though the character looks different, it is still the same character. Same thing applies to Gerry Harding.
5. You're right, it isn't exactly like the first film; if it were, it would BE the first film. Plus, it should NOT be exactly like the film. TLW isn't EXACTLY like the first film in anyway, but it doesn't need to be. As long as it doesn't basically say "F*** the original", and completely ignore everything previously established, it's fine. JP:TG falls right in line with TLW or JP/// as a sequel.
Bladeking wrote: »
is the lost world game coming out?