What I Would Like To See In SBCG4AP

I hope that they feature:

The games from the SB site in Sam and Max form.
Different skins like the SB homepage for the main menu / Save-load, Options, Exit bit.

A puzzle like Sam and Max with the multiple options, with these requirements:

A puzzle which requires you to write an email to SB which makes him do something to continue the story.

A puzzle where you draw your own Trogdor.

Another timetravel episode. I know it's only just been done in S & M, but I want to play as Strongbadiophage.

Some Cheat Commandos and Teen Girl Squad references.

That's it. Do those, and this SB game is easily the most wanted game(s) of this year for me.

Comments

• edited April 2008
    jackcos13 wrote: »
    A puzzle which requires you to write an email to SB which makes him do something to continue the story.
    This one seems a little unlikely so far, since (for all we know) you only play as Strong Bad, so he would be writing an e-mail to himself, which would be awkward.

I'm hoping for some kind of Dangeresque segment myself...maybe a whole chapter can be about Dangeresque!

I think this game is going to be awesome no matter what's in it though...I can't wait!:D
  • edited April 2008
    Maybe occasionally you can play as The Cheat, and it's then you write the email using the options. Or the game will break the fourth wall (or whatever it's called) like the tutorial at the beginning of Ice Station Santa.

Apparently, on the SBCG4AP page on HR Wiki, you can create a Teen Girl Squad comic.
  • edited April 2008
    I really want to see all of Strong Bad's alter egos. Da huuuuuuuudge, Sterrance, Senor Cardgage, etc. And if there isn't a Stinkoman segment, some heads are going to fly. xD
  • edited April 2008
    I don't think senor cardgage is an alter ego, I think he's a seperate guy. Strong Bad just sort of idolizes him for some reason.
  • edited April 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    I don't think senor cardgage is an alter ego, I think he's a seperate guy. Strong Bad just sort of idolizes him for some reason.

He was originally an alter ego (he made his debut in the SBemail "kind of cool"), and he then spun off into a separate character afterwards.
  • edited April 2008
    He was originally an alter ego (he made his debut in the SBemail "kind of cool"), and he then spun off into a separate character afterwards.
    It started out Strong Bad was imagining himself to be like Senor Cardgage (before we know about them), but then Strong Sad pointed out how Strong Bad actually was describing a real person.
  • edited April 2008
    One fan theory states that Senor Cardgage is Strong Bad's biological father.
  • edited April 2008
    This one seems a little unlikely so far, since (for all we know) you only play as Strong Bad, so he would be writing an e-mail to himself, which would be awkward.

From a game preview I saw, he can prank call himself. Also awkward, but it clearly happens.
    I'm hoping for some kind of Dangeresque segment myself...maybe a whole chapter can be about Dangeresque!

I totally agree with the Dangeresque thing. Dangeresque 3 should be a playable episode! I mean, fans have only been wanting it to happen in a toon for... like, three years.

I hope there's some kind of mini game that lets us play even briefly as Homestar for some reason.

The site *is* named after him, after all. Poor guy.
  • edited April 2008
    Haha. It's true. Strong Bad is the one that gets all the attention.

And again. Stinkoman segment. Yes, the Stinkoman game was amazing, but a 3D one MAKE MY HEAD ASPLODE.

Also, a Vector Strong Bad minigame would also be awesome. Like, a remake of the original with the graphics that SBCG4AP is going to have.
  • edited April 2008
    Pkero wrote: »
    Also, a Vector Strong Bad minigame would also be awesome.

I take it you're a member from the department of redundancy department. :p
  • edited April 2008
    I take it you're a member from the department of redundancy department. :p

Making sure everything gets repeated on a daily basis. ;D
  • edited April 2008
    I think it'd be cool if there were scenes when strong bad visualized something, kind of like he does in most sbemails, and the visualization was shown in a style as different from the rest of the game as possible. Or that same style clash in any feasible situation whatsoever.
    It's happened in the toons, and it'd be awesome in a game.

I'm not sure how easily it could be done, but I've seen major real-time changes in 3D rendering in the "developer's commentary" part of Team Fortress 2. (When they explained why they chose the kind of rendering they did.)
    With some kind of technology it's possible, somehow.
  • edited April 2008
    I think it'd be cool if there were scenes when strong bad visualized something, kind of like he does in most sbemails, and the visualization was shown in a style as different from the rest of the game as possible. Or that same style clash in any feasible situation whatsoever.
    It's happened in the toons, and it'd be awesome in a game.

I'm not sure how easily it could be done, but I've seen major real-time changes in 3D rendering in the "developer's commentary" part of Team Fortress 2. (When they explained why they chose the kind of rendering they did.)
    With some kind of technology it's possible, somehow.

The problem with that is trying to do that while keeping the file size down to 40MB.
  • edited April 2008
    True. The different style couldn't be one requiring large-size textures and high-poly models.

In other news it'd be fun to put some telltalegames in it.
    For example an e-mail from Sam popping up for about three seconds before (audibly) noticed and BALEETED (unread) by Strong Bad.
  • edited April 2008
    Most of the stuff Strong Bad imagines tends to be in the same style as the regular cartoons, unless it's a stylized universe or time period... thing.
  • edited April 2008
    There's a number of "established" weird universes with weirdly different styles, but I'd love for some (or one) to be introduced as well.
  • edited April 2008
    What, you mean like the Duckshirt Homestar world?
  • edited April 2008
    I'm getting this game because I'm a Homestar fan. As far as games go, I'd have prefurred a 16 bit 2D RTSRPG with midi sound or a 3D RTSRPG with the same voice actors. I'm not into puzzles. I'd like to see Strongbad hit stuff, sell whatever it was carrying, & grind up the levels.
  • edited April 2008
    i'm getting this game because of The Cheat...you can't go wrong with that guy..
  • edited April 2008
    Those all sound cool. But i really want Homsar and Marshie to appear at some point cos those are the best charecters
  • edited April 2008
    One thing that must be included: Sweet Cuppin' Cakes.

Make it so. :p
  • edited April 2008
    Garlic. That's what I wanna see. Lots of garlic. Why? I'm like a bizarro vampire, I don't drink blood & I love garlic. And I'd also like some sort of harpoon mini-game.
  • edited April 2008
    Now we're talking.
  • edited April 2008
    I love how so many little details are being included, like Temporarios and Suge Brown food-style boxes, wooden plaques from no loafing, etc.

If I could wish for one such obscure item to be added in the game somewhere, it would be the Strongs' Capsela set!
  • edited April 2008
    How about, in one episode, strongbad mucks up the town completely (think of the virus email) so he has to go back in time in a time machine, and send himself an email telling him not to do anything stupid which caused the calamity in the first place, but in order to send the email, he has to avoid his past-self completely or risk a tear in the space time continuum. :)
  • edited April 2008
    This is a point and click adventure game. 40MB.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    Why are you posting that in multiple threads?
  • edited April 2008
    He probably wants to keep reminding us that there's a limit to the number of character models and other content that can be featured in each game. I think he might be trying to turn 'This is a point and click adventure game. 40MB.' into a catchphrase.
  • edited April 2008
    Trust me, I post it where it needs to be posted.
  • edited April 2008
    In SBCG4AP with strong bad always saying "holy crap", I imagine it to be rated "T" for teen. So? :confused::confused::confused:Let's give Strong Bad a gun and make some heads asplode! :):):):):)
  • edited April 2008
    Can someone read my post please and secondly guns don't make a game teen only crude humor does.
  • edited April 2008
    Got another thing that must be in the game: The Geddup Noise. That sbemail was the one that made me a fan.
  • edited April 2008
    how about the bear that holds a shark.
  • edited April 2008
    how about the bear that holds a shark.

Strong Badia's probably in at least one episode so possibly.
  • edited April 2008
    ShaggE wrote: »
    Got another thing that must be in the game: The Geddup Noise. That sbemail was the one that made me a fan.
    i though it was retired or something...and it's cousin got the job now..:confused:
  • edited April 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    i though it was retired or something...and it's cousin got the job now..:confused:

It is, but it could get a new job as.... I dunno... A sound effect in a Coach Z song? :p
  • edited April 2008
    ShaggE wrote: »
    It is, but it could get a new job as.... I dunno... A sound effect in a Coach Z song? :p

Maybe we can visit the Geddup Noise in the Coches Mountains.
  • edited May 2008
    Strong sad on caffeine, please
  • edited May 2008
    I know it's been said before, and they sorta had a whole thread about it, but I wanna express how adamant I am about this.

I wanna see Homsar in this thing somewhere. Obviously, he's the "secret guy," but every great game has at least one secret boss level.
  • edited May 2008
    There aren't really any boss levels. Or levels, per se. This isn't that sort of game :)
This discussion has been closed.