So, what is it?

JakeJake Telltale Alumni
edited April 2009 in Wallace & Gromit
Let's hear your best guess.

Comments

• xtrmntrxtrmntr Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    You can play as Balki *OR* Cousin Larry!
  • edited July 2008
    Well because Emily said the game was coming along swimmingly on the blog I think its something from adult swim
  • edited July 2008
    Just like with the comic, you are forced to hover over Dank for an English translation. Fun with four panels, but what about a three hour game? You decide.
  • edited July 2008
    is it spongebob
  • MelMel
    edited July 2008
    Just for an over-the-top guess: how about Venture Bros.
  • edited July 2008
    Hero1 wrote: »
    Well because Emily said the game was coming along swimmingly on the blog I think its something from swim

Aqua teen hunger force? Robot chicken? VENTURE BROS?

Maybe.

I think it is a Guitar Hero point 'n' click adventure game. Or maybe at least a KISS one.
  • edited July 2008
    The Tick?
  • edited July 2008
    Batman? That's pretty big.
  • edited July 2008
    I'd love for it to be Doctor Who.
    Not only is it a series perfect for the adventure genre, it's already very episodic.
  • edited July 2008
    xtrmntr wrote: »
    You can play as Balki *OR* Cousin Larry!

I would absolutely buy a Perfect Strangers video game. It could even be similar to Sam and Max, where you control Cousin Larry and Balki wanders around injecting non sequiturs and odd references to Mepos into the conversations!

Now, if the game were indeed to be an Adult Swim show, I would deeply love to see it be Metalocalypse. It'd be the most brutal adventure game ever!
  • edited July 2008
    Sealab?
  • edited July 2008
    pokemon?
  • edited July 2008
    I want The Simpsons, but it isn't going to happen.
  • edited July 2008
    So, what is it? Red Dwarf?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxWN8AhNER0
  • edited July 2008
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Discworld.
  • edited July 2008
    These words seem to stand out as hints:
    We're also plugging away on our super secret, not yet announced game series and it's coming along swimmingly. We should be able to spill some details pretty soon, which is good, because this game looks too good to keep it a secret much longer. (Okay, fine, you want a hint? It's a pretty big franchise, and one I bet none of you are expecting...)
  • edited July 2008
    Ooh, the Hans Brinker game?
  • edited July 2008
    Something we're not expecting... could be something non-animated.
  • edited July 2008
    Johnny Bravo and Mike, lu and og.
  • edited July 2008
    I want The Simpsons, but it isn't going to happen.
    That's what you said about Homestarrunner.com.:mad: In any case, did we ever get an explicit denial on The Simpsons? I recall there seemed to be a couple of references tossed about at one point, to the point of some people throwing Hans Moleman pics around (where did they get those, anyway?). And a while back Jake got peeved when someone suggested Telltale couldn't do the kind of look a Simpsons game would need. That usually means something's up, though it could have merely been because of ongoing talks on sbcg4ap.
  • edited July 2008
    The muppets?! Danny Phantom?! Spongebob?! CSI?! Bone?! Matrix?! Madagascar?! Ice Age?! A Totally Telltale made up series that will so cool it will be better then Sam & Max?!
  • edited July 2008
    Harald B wrote: »
    That's what you said about Homestarrunner.com.:mad: In any case, did we ever get an explicit denial on The Simpsons? I recall there seemed to be a couple of references tossed about at one point, to the point of some people throwing Hans Moleman pics around (where did they get those, anyway?). And a while back Jake got peeved when someone suggested Telltale couldn't do the kind of look a Simpsons game would need. That usually means something's up, though it could have merely been because of ongoing talks on sbcg4ap.

Although this article is from 2005, it still stands (sadly).
  • edited July 2008
    Although this article is from 2005, it still stands (sadly).

So what are you saying? It's The Simpsons and EA bought Telltale?!
  • edited July 2008
    Gurok wrote: »
    So what are you saying? It's The Simpsons and EA bought Telltale?!

that means Telltale is run by EA & the Simpsons?! THE HORROR!
  • edited July 2008
    splash1 wrote: »
    that means Telltale is run by EA & the Simpsons?! THE HORROR!
    This could go one of two ways:
    • They could spend 23 minutes screwing up Telltale, dropping one-liners, realising Homer (or Bart) wasn't cut out to run a software company and restoring Telltale to its state before EA and The Simpsons moved in
    • Or, they could spend 6 months screwing up Telltale and we could see the birth of Sam and Max '09: All-Play
  • edited July 2008
    uhh i dun get it :confused:
  • edited July 2008
    I bet this is it. (Just don't click the link before the announcement or you will ruin the surprise. :p)
  • edited July 2008
    Ok, maybe not The Simpsons, but what about futurama? I think that would be perfect for a telltale-esque adventure game.
  • edited July 2008
    Mystery Town
    I think it's Captain Caveman and the Teen Angels because that HAS to be the genuine title, right? :p
  • edited July 2008
    alright guess i'll have to spoil it all for ya!

MYSTERY FRANCHISE!
  • edited July 2008
    adult swim, eh? hmm...

tim and eric awesome show, great job: the game!!!!

where's my chippy? *click* THERE'S my chippy!
  • edited July 2008
    Heh, sorry, that's there for some of the older game wrappers to check for an HTTP 200 on :)
  • edited July 2008
    uhh i dun get it :confused:
  • edited July 2008
    splash1 wrote: »
    alright guess i'll have to spoil it all for ya!

MYSTERY FRANCHISE!

Good joke. I think you'll find the real link is right here.
  • edited July 2008
    YTMND: The Video Game.

One can dream.
  • edited July 2008
    Good joke. I think you'll find the real link is right here.

i couldn't keep away from it, such a classic joke even if it isn't april fools :D
  • edited July 2008
    wow, nobody got it? Awesome
  • edited July 2008
    Yeah, the way they completely caught us off-guard with this one shows how much they're expanding their reach even now. Promising, indeed.
  • edited July 2008
    Well, i was hoping for something new, some own and new IP or some direction were the old Lucasarts adventures were heading. Saying so i would have been more than happy with a Monkey Island licence but Wallace and Gromit, i don't know.
This discussion has been closed.