If this game sells well.

Will TTG make other DC comic games? Theres lots of charecters who would suit a TTG game.

Comments

• edited April 2013
    Screw it, go all out - Preacher: The Game. After that, nobody will ever doubt Telltale's ability again. "Oh, do you really think this is the right property for Telltale?" "Are you kidding? They make Preacher: The Game - they can make anything!"
  • edited April 2013
    Tramsmetropolitan would be perfect.
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited April 2013
    coolsome wrote: »
    Will TTG make other DC comic games? Theres lots of charecters who would suit a TTG game.
    Given the success of Telltale's The Walking Dead, I wouldn't put the prospect of a Telltale game adaptation of a mainstream DC comic title out of the realm of possibility. :)
  • edited April 2013
    There are lots of possibilities, but pacing and interactivity in the adventure game mold fit some properties better than others. I think "The Wolf Among Us" is an appropriate approach -- a detective story works well in an adventure game context. Batman has detective characteristics, but I think he works better in an action/stealth context.

I always think back to Scott Adams' Spider-Man game, wherein poor Spidey spent the game trapped in an office building instead of swinging through the streets of the city. Being able to navigate N-S-E-W on the ceiling as well as the floor wasn't really a substitute. :)
  • edited April 2013
    Batman: the Game?
  • edited April 2013
    Even though DC published the comics(I think the Will Eisner estate owns the comics) I would love to see an adventure game of The Spirit happen.
  • edited April 2013
    I think it would depend a lot on the title. The Walking Dead and Fables happen to fit very well with Telltale's particular style of gameplay because they're very character driven comics. I don't see that same type of game working well for most of DC's regular characters, though. Something like Batman works a lot better as an action game like Arkham City. I don't want to say that Telltale definitely couldn't do it. But it would definitely be a huge departure from everything they've done in the past.

That said, if they ever decide to do a Chew video game, they'll have officially made a game based on all of my current favorite comic books.
  • edited April 2013
    Leplaya wrote: »
    Even though DC published the comics(I think the Will Eisner estate owns the comics) I would love to see an adventure game of The Spirit happen.

This. A lot.
  • edited April 2013
    I've never played Walking Dead so I don't know how much action TTG games can do but would they be able to do action comic like X-Men, Teen Titans Iron Man Flash Thor ect.
  • edited April 2013
    coolsome wrote: »
    I've never played Walking Dead so I don't know how much action TTG games can do but would they be able to do action comic like X-Men, Teen Titans Iron Man Flash Thor ect.

With what I've seen from Walking Dead? It'd all be QTE in terms of that level of action. We'd have to see from something less realistic like Fables on if they can pull that off.
  • edited April 2013
    I would like to see them tackle Swamp Thing
  • edited April 2013
    I think it'd be awesome if Telltale made a game based on the comic series Bone! That'd be a real treat!

... Oh.
  • ProfanityProfanity Banned
    edited April 2013
    I just wish it's a great game, so that this particular series would get continued and actually be worth continuing.

Fables are dope. I don't know any other comic books, except the obvious stuff like Superbat. And Spiderwank.
  • edited May 2013
    I would like to see them tackle Swamp Thing

If they do then they have to do the obvious spin off of HellBlazer as well (which actually I think they could do now that I think about it).

Ya I'm totally behind that. That'd be awesome. :cool:
  • edited May 2013
    Saga would be good comic to make into a game
  • I would LOVE to see Preacher made into a game. It's soooo good.

Screw it, go all out - Preacher: The Game. After that, nobody will ever doubt Telltale's ability again. "Oh, do you really think this is the right property for Telltale?" "Are you kidding? They make Preacher: The Game - they can make anything!"

Sign in to comment in this discussion.