Theories of where the games are going

edited October 2013 in The Wolf Among Us

First of all after playing the walking dead game, apart of me, wanted to believe they would not get it right twice in a row, but i was wrong for the most part the wolf among us is as dark as a world full of zombies. instead we have trolls and that dude from Beowulf. the choice's in a way seem harder to make and the story already has me guessing whos next and whos the killer, the purpose of this thread is to get this community to dig into there detective side and come up with some logical theorys if you can say this is a logical kind of game

Comments

• edited October 2013

As i said before, it think this ginger guy, that you meet after Snow comes up to your apartment is the murderer. Why? Because he suspiciously appears in several scenes, including very first one, but hard to notice. Also i think he is another wolf (maybe a werewolf or something) because of scratches on window in the Frog's apartment and, of course, "in the next episode" scene..

• you have a point, as far as suspects go hes most likely top of the list however i don't think that's the case i think that the girls are not actually dead. during the scene when you are in the room talking to the mirror it refuse's to show you faiths body. however when you ask to see her dad the bones are clearly viable i think its going to turn out to be a double bluff you think there dead but there secretly aparty of some sort of underground evil spell or something. seen as glamour can make you look human it may be able to make things look like body parts.

• I just wondered about this in the thread Insane_Tengu linked to.
    What's this with "lips being sealed", and why can't he say anything? And what's with the ribbon Faith talked about? She asked what Bigsby thought of it. I then said something about I couldn't help her if she didn't tell me anything, and she said, she had said everything she could. And the only thing she really mentioned was the ribbon. I know it's where the ring was put, but I figure there's more to it, right?

sunnykyle posted: »

you have a point, as far as suspects go hes most likely top of the list however i don't think that's the case i think that the girls are not a

• edited October 2013

Their lips are sealed, huh? Both The Mirror and Faith said that. I think you're right and this is might be some kind of spell. So, witches is obviously have something to do with it. But what do they want? They probably live happily with the money they get for "Glamouring".

you have a point, as far as suspects go hes most likely top of the list however i don't think that's the case i think that the girls are not a

• i didn't notice that, i think your on the right lines its odd that the ribbon of all things was placed in her mouth... it didn't matter how you played the convo she mentions it. is it a reverence to the wolf or is it a clue to a certain fable.. seen as the picture of Lawrence and faith she isn't wearing it

Weltenfeind posted: »

I just wondered about this in the thread Insane_Tengu linked to. What's this with "lips being sealed", and why can't he say anything? And wha

• if you look closely at what she says the lips are sealed. if you take the final word sealed or seal its a reverence to a wax work device is there any fables about wax works?

• however are they happy about living in the mundy world?

Their lips are sealed, huh? Both The Mirror and Faith said that. I think you're right and this is might be some kind of spell. So, witches is

• Not that I know of.

if you look closely at what she says the lips are sealed. if you take the final word sealed or seal its a reverence to a wax work device is there any fables about wax works?

• I'm having a hard to adding anything further. I'd probably have to do another playthrough to see something else.

• Bluebeard has a fairy tale of beheading his brides and doing something with the bodies, mate. And there is the cover on Episode 4 with Bigby confronting him. He's a likely suspect, I suppose. And I doubt that Snow would be dead. After all, maybe she's still alive. In the comic book series, Bigby and Snow end up getting marry after Bigby gets Snow pregnant. The only nursery rhyme I remember involving wax was that one with the Butcher, the Baker, and the Candlestick Maker, and Jack Be Nimble.

i didn't notice that, i think your on the right lines its odd that the ribbon of all things was placed in her mouth... it didn't matter how yo

• True that, although I have done some poking around in the Fables Comic Book Wiki. Nothing in it is really linear to the game. I just hope that Snow isn't really dead; she kind of feels like Bigby's Clementine. Although Bluebeard's fairy tale is making him a truly suspicious suspect, with the beheading and all.

Weltenfeind posted: »

I'm having a hard to adding anything further. I'd probably have to do another playthrough to see something else.

• I like that you pointed that out, otherwise I wouldn't have noticed. Kind of like how the temporary bartender in LA Noire was the least likely, but ended up being the murderer. Bluebeard also seems very likely, too, with his beheading fairy tale.

• fusedmassfusedmass Banned
    edited October 2013

I don't think Snow White is really dead. Think about it, how did she get in the other series after that. I think its most least likely person. It could be Snow herself. Or it could be those people that try to be nice to you. Its really difficult to tell when you only played through one eposide. I hope to have more information in upcoming Episodes.

• I agree with the red-haired guy theory. I'm pretty sure he's also the Taxi Driver when you last see Snow.

• While Bluebeard's tale involves beheading wives, let's not forget another fable with a headless dude. I say Icabod Crane is the murderer, he's gone mad from a hundred years of this hiding charade and he's fallen into the same patterns as the ghost that haunts his dreams. Other tinfoil thoughts: he doesn't like the lower class fables like Faith, and he had direct access to Snow and clearly didn't like her either.

• edited October 2013

Trust me, the red haired guy didn't do it, his name is Flycatcher, aka the frog prince and he would NEVER kill anyone. Also Snow white isn't dead, the head is most likely a fake, due to the fact that she is pretty much the second main character of the comics and this is a prequel.

• Just started my second playthrough and the ginger has already appeared 3 times! Something's fishy here

• Whoa, I totally disregarded Icabod if it weren't for you. He may seem likely....

• edited October 2013

just got done playing it. pls tell me thats not snow at the end....

• Hate to say it, but yeah. I doubt she's actually "dead", though. She's a major character in the Fables comic that Telltale Games based this off of, so I doubt that she'd be dead. Maybe she's kidnapped or they can bring her back to life or reattaching her head to her body, something like that. Also, the Mirror refused to show where Faith's body was, but showed her father's body. I think a shielding spell is hiding where the serial killer had stashed the bodies or the serial killer has gotten them held hostage somewhere. Just some thoughts.

• I think Magic is involved. The next episode is called Smoke and Mirrors so it gives me the idea that not everything is what you see

• I think Magic is involved. The next episode is called Smoke and Mirrors so it gives me the idea that not everything is what you see

• I agree. Something's going on. Nice of you to give us a heads up.

DrChem posted: »

I think Magic is involved. The next episode is called Smoke and Mirrors so it gives me the idea that not everything is what you see

• good point. i like your optimism!!!

DrChem posted: »

I think Magic is involved. The next episode is called Smoke and Mirrors so it gives me the idea that not everything is what you see

• "Heads Up"

HAH!

Syllenze posted: »

I agree. Something's going on. Nice of you to give us a heads up.

• It's less optimism and more I read the comics :P

multicolt posted: »

good point. i like your optimism!!!

• fusedmassfusedmass Banned
    edited October 2013

I still feel guilty for punching that frog. But dammit he was holding out on me. I even caught him in a lie. I hit him twice, and it looked like someone roughed him up. I also got his kid to be scared of me.

I didn't want that, in fact during that bar fight when it came time to rip off that guys arms. I didn't even do it. I wish I could replay that one where I finished it. I will likely will later on.

• yeah i don't think snow is dead why kill her off if she still alive in the comics then it doesn't make sense i think she was kidnapped and the head was fake i think some one is framing bigby for revenge maybe something just doesn't add up

• there are lots of things we all did that we regret on are first playthrough. i regret going to the frogs place first. i still think i could have got more information from that prince guy before he died. however i did get through the frog guys part with out hitting him so theres that.

• This. I don't know if the two guys are actually connected, but the taxi driver could really be the serial killer.

• True. Its because the Frog sounded most urgent. I think that was done on purpose. Sometimes the most obvious answer. Isn't the most obvious. I'm excited to play my second play through, and see where it leads me if I picked Prince first.

• this is what i like to see i go to bed after starting this thread and the detectives are coming out :) thank you all :)
    now back to the bis. while the framing bigby is a motive i don't think it is that, there no suspicion that hes being framed, but the killer wants him to know hes doing it.... i did while i was playing it think it could be Bluebeard how ever its two obvious. iv never read the comics may have to now though . but from what your saying its got to be a magical person maybe. if we learn anything from these games from the walking dead the bad guy comes out of nowhere....

• i didnt rip of his arm either he wasn't bad just trying to help the woodsmen also hes had his arm ripped off once before i couldn't do it to him again

• edited October 2013

Call me crazy but I don't think either Snow or Faith are really dead. When Bigby asks the Magic Mirror about Faith, it says "Through powerful magic her whereabouts concealed. Unfortunately for you, 'These lips are sealed.'"

What's the point of concealing the whereabouts of a dead person? Hiding the body? Why not just bury it in a non-descript location or destroy it entirely instead of using "powerful magic" to hide it? Moreover, we know where Faith's head is so why didn't the Mirror just show us that when it was asked where she was? It showed Faith's father's skeletal hand when we asked about him. This implies that the Mirror doesn't recognize Faith's head as "Faith," which seems somewhat odd to me and could mean that's it's not actually her and that she's really being hidden somewhere else.

• The woodsman didn't strike me as the killer. It was way too early in the series, to start with fighting with the killer. I think he was made to look big and bad. That's another reason. When it came time to grab one of them. I went after the small little fat guy, instead of the bigger one. The killer whoever it is.

It can be anyone. I doubt we're going know who the killer is this early. This game does rock though. I'm loving it.

i didnt rip of his arm either he wasn't bad just trying to help the woodsmen also hes had his arm ripped off once before i couldn't do it to him again

• Magic is definitely involved , since both Faith and The Mirror say "My lips are sealed". Now as somebody mentioned before , there's definitely something going on with the Ginger Guy. Remember the piece of clothing you find at Faith's Death scene ? I actually compared it to Ginger Guy's shirt (when you meet him down the hallway with Snow) and it's a very similar color. Could be him.

• your right man i said this earlyier on. whats the point of hiding a dead person yet we already know the mirror dose not hid dead people aka faiths farther the question is what powerfull magical being could be hiding faith or protect itself from the mirror it makes no sense is there even a fable where thats possible?

• but from the blood pattern on the fence its more likely that's a piece of jean not shirt. its very possible but i cant think its him then again throw a character so obvious it is him is a possibility....

HeartLocker posted: »

Magic is definitely involved , since both Faith and The Mirror say "My lips are sealed". Now as somebody mentioned before , there's definitely

• edited October 2013

The Mirror's second line "These lips are sealed" seems to be referring to its own lips. If my theory is correct, then this means that the spell that's concealing Faith's true location was cast on the Mirror itself, "sealing its lips." So maybe we're looking for someone with a lot of access to the mayor's office.

your right man i said this earlyier on. whats the point of hiding a dead person yet we already know the mirror dose not hid dead people aka fa

Sign in to comment in this discussion.