I think we've been all fooled

edited October 2013 in The Wolf Among Us

I don't think the killer is the ginger guy, dee or the woodsman. If you guys followed the story of the current mayor, he is the guy that used to get chased in the sleepy hollow tale. So my theory is that the killer is the headless huntsman. Maybe that ginger guy is actually someone trying to help and the killer is a completely different character we have not noticed before.

edit: Also if you guys noticed at the end of episode 1 where we see the second episode cutscenes, we see wolf getting mad at the mayor and screaming at him: What did you do?!'' so I'm guessing he somehow asked for something and in exchange the headless huntsman got transported in New York

Comments

• I think you mean Headless Horseman. If yes, he has a good chance of being the killer. Decapitation seems like his kind of thing, considering...

• You are right...

• You could be right. Good theory

• Yes well the Redhead guy doesn't look like a killer to me either , but he's probably involved ... I doubt he's trying to help. However , we'll see how things evolve in the following episodes , and try to make connections there too.

About the Headless Horseman , I agree ... it looks like his MO

• Could be, he is clearly not a fan of the mayor and you do work for him, so it is to a extent could be directed at both Bigby and Crane, I am really starting to think that it is none of the current suspects, I guess we all need to think outside the box.

HeartLocker posted: »

Yes well the Redhead guy doesn't look like a killer to me either , but he's probably involved ... I doubt he's trying to help. However , we'll

• That is what I was thinking as well. I mean sure, it's nice to pitch in the usual suspects, but after I finished chapter one, I realized Bigby would not get pissed on Crane for no reason unless it was something important. My theory is that Crane made a pact with someone/something magical in order to become someone important in this new world but in exchange either: a) the Headless Horseman would be unleashed after a while and start killing other people or B) He got told that the price for his good life would be paid in due time and the crimes are a sign that the price must be paid. I cannot prove my theory but that is all I got at the moment.

Could be, he is clearly not a fan of the mayor and you do work for him, so it is to a extent could be directed at both Bigby and Crane, I am r

• Wouldn't it be rather odd to change this mystery caper game into a chase the headless horseman around? Where is the suspense or surprise in it being a character that actually beheads their victims in Fable lore? I haven't ruled out Bluebeard or the horseman option, but don't you all feel you're maybe being played into narrowing your suspect list to only people who decapitate? Or even the woodsman with his magic axe? A weapon that fits Bigby's murder weapon description? For me, we aren't even close to having a set list of suspects. And as far as the Redhead running around, I feel like he is merely going to be the first person Bigby questions him about last seeing Snow White. Isn't he the shepherd and in doing so takes people by cab where they need to go? I think the horseman connection is a little bit of a stretch but thats just me.

• edited October 2013

Well the surprise is that no one would really expect it. You don't really have him as a suspect the same way you don't have the redhead that is running around. Bluebeard as suspect? Well that was in the past. Bigby was a wolf eating animals and people in the past, but he changed. Dee? Sure, he was cover in blood, but if he was the killer he would not need to investigate faith's murder. The woodsman? he was in the bar when Snow was killed. Faith's Pimp? No connection with Snow.

• Hey, i've made a deeper research on your theory.
    http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/51281/the-headless-horseman-theory
    Your theory helped me with this, so thanks :D

• Glad to help. Also, I gave you my thoughts on the subjects on that thread :D

matstf posted: »

Hey, i've made a deeper research on your theory. http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/51281/the-headless-horseman-theory Your theory helped me with this, so thanks

• There could be a lot of things going on altogether. Crane and his corruptive nature, Bigby and how people still fear/hate him, the difference between popular and unpopular Fables that have it bad, the importance of Faith and the thing her "boss" was after. I'd love to find out it wasn't just one guy, but a whole conspiracy behind everything.

• The bribery theory on Crane makes sense, even Bigby (who no one would expect to be a sheriff) has any idea how he got his position.

P.S. Crane is not the mayor, he is the Deputy Mayor. Kinda like the Vice President opposed to the President. He is only in charge while the real Mayor (King Cole) is away.

KronusX posted: »

That is what I was thinking as well. I mean sure, it's nice to pitch in the usual suspects, but after I finished chapter one, I realized Bigby

• Don't forget Bluebeard. He will play a role in the story.

ninoobz posted: »

There could be a lot of things going on altogether. Crane and his corruptive nature, Bigby and how people still fear/hate him, the difference

• bluebeard was known for decapitating his wives though. Neither Faith nor Snow were his brides, so it would not make any sense.

Omid's cat posted: »

Don't forget Bluebeard. He will play a role in the story.

• Crane also says that Bluebeard is currently out of the country

bluebeard was known for decapitating his wives though. Neither Faith nor Snow were his brides, so it would not make any sense.

• Omid's catOmid's cat Banned
    edited October 2013

Why it wouldn't make any sense? If Big Bad Wolf can be a sheriff... Besides, I didn't write Bluebeard is a killer.
    I'm not sure if there is a killer.

bluebeard was known for decapitating his wives though. Neither Faith nor Snow were his brides, so it would not make any sense.

• And you trust him?

6Stringed posted: »

Crane also says that Bluebeard is currently out of the country

• that is true, but we only know that ''king cole is away''. For all you know, he might be away because he got decapitated or something. For all we know, expressions in the game have a deeper meaning.

6Stringed posted: »

The bribery theory on Crane makes sense, even Bigby (who no one would expect to be a sheriff) has any idea how he got his position. P.S. Cr

• If it's just the Headless Horseman decapitating people around, I'm gonna be disappointed, I seriously hope for a more sophisticated plot than this.

• As I pointed in other threads, it might be him decapitating people but different people transformed with glamour. Refer to my other posts for my information about my refined theory.

If it's just the Headless Horseman decapitating people around, I'm gonna be disappointed, I seriously hope for a more sophisticated plot than this.

• anyone else watching sleepy hollow ?

• That show kicks ass

anyone else watching sleepy hollow ?

• Actually I think you are half right! The headless horseman is the lackey for the mayor and is silencing the pretty girls but they are not dead and that is the twist. We know that the horseman is headless and alive and we know his axe is magic as is the Woodsman axe (druid rebirth symbol) so there is a strong chance as we also know Snow will turn up later in the comics that no one is dead which would be perfect for film noire macguffin (think rosebud lol). The next girl will be Beauty and then Red and why all the pretty girls well.....I can imagine that Snow rocked the boat or found something in the files.....Faith had sex with someone and saw something she shouldnt have.........Beauty is a stripper who saw Faith with the mayor and Red........????????? who knows but it all revolves around the mayor and his horseman.......tah dah!!!!!;>

Sign in to comment in this discussion.