"Telltale should make a ____ Series": Post your ideas for a new Telltale Series here. (Unofficial)

Comments

• Does TTG really read these kind threads, going all 'ooh, a guy wants a game based on Reservoir Dogs! We can totally do that! To the gamecave!"

Hm?

• Maybe a Pretty Little Liars game will be an awesome one.

• Probably not seriously, but it lets them know what people would be interested to see. Ultimately it comes down to the offers and licences they get.

Warge posted: »

Does TTG really read these kind threads, going all 'ooh, a guy wants a game based on Reservoir Dogs! We can totally do that! To the gamecave!" Hm?

• The Goonies :)

Blade Runner, American Vampire, The Evil Dead, The Venture Bros., Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure, They Live, The Thing, Escape From New York, Indiana Jones, The Goonies, Beverly Hills Cop, Total Recall, Dirty Harry

• Or My Little Ponies? Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? Donald Duck? Johnny Bravo? Girls with slingshots?

No seriously, I think the best TTG could do would be to go out and actually ask in poll form what we as their customers would want. There is always a risk something that comes out of the blue like Wolf Among Us won't be recieved well, and that could spell financial doom for a company - especially a small one like TTG. So far they have relied on the fact that they can tell great stories, but the stories must be entertaining for large masses and not just a few in order to make a profit.

Clem4ever posted: »

Maybe a Pretty Little Liars game will be an awesome one.

• Well ultimately I want them to select the licences they want to work with and put the love and care I think they tend to into it. If it happens to be something which I love or which TT manages to hook me into like they've done with WAU, I'll give it a shot.

Warge posted: »

Or My Little Ponies? Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? Donald Duck? Johnny Bravo? Girls with slingshots? No seriously, I think the best TTG cou

• Agreed. If you have asked the masses about "Fables" I am sure only a minority would've voted for it. I didn't know about Fables either but I am glad they chose it, Inreally enjoyed the first episode of TWAU

Well ultimately I want them to select the licences they want to work with and put the love and care I think they tend to into it. If it happen

• Watership Down. Very gory and emotional

• edited November 2013

< Supernatural a telltale games story >

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

=============================================================================================================

Story Concept

your character is made by Telltale games as an unique character who lives in the world of Supernatural. Thus, your story is seperate from Dean and Sam. However, In Each Episode of the game you encounter a unique monster or creature like the tv show, and being a hunter you feel obligated to do something about it. While each episode is unique each season could have a boss creature such as supernaturals, crowly, eve, azazel, lillith, leviathins, ect.

things that make supernatural worth making a game ->

(many monsters to face per episode as a hunter)

(hard choices to make on who lives or dies)

(make friends or enemies)

(character development)

(develop a unique story in the supernatural universe)

(deep storytelling and many choices )

(mystery solving)

(horror aspect)

(twist and suprises)

supernatural has alot of story, lore

( Hundreds of episodes of lore to go back on)

(unique mystery elements)

(Deep lore on ways to slay monsters throughout the franchise)

(legions of scary, unique monsters and creatures to choose from)

(A Gritty World filled with danger for a unique story experience)

(A Game that could give players truly difficult choices to make)

(Unique view of the life of a Hunter by moving, interacting with people and objects)

(Large Volume of Choices to lead to unique twist in the story for unique player storytelling)

Large Fanbase

lets face it supernatural is a popular show with a large fanbase who would jump at the idea of a video game. Especially a story driven one at that.

with books

dvds

and soon to be 9 to 10 seasons of the show

it is one of the most popular among shows on CW

Gameplay Feature Ideas

(hard choices on who lives or dies)

(interact with objects in game for deeper lore experience)

(check out the crime scene where your story for each episode takes place for clues)

(research ways to kill monster or creature then decide how to go about taking it out)

(unique twist in the story for suprises to catch you off guard)

(unique fighting system as in many telltale games)

(choices with talking to characters which will allow or prevent certain events or actions in game for diffrent outcomes)

Thanks for reading my idea !!!!!

supernatural as a taletale game would be a fun and exciting franchise, and many seasons would make it stand out
    hopefully this one will be noticed it could be very popular and extremely fun to play.
    hope you like the idea, :) !!!

=================================================================================================

Give thumbs up if you want them to make this game

• Well nice concept, layed out fine. However, a lot in the description, like this:

"(many monsters to face per episode as a hunter)

(hard choices to make on who lives or dies)

(make friends or enemies)

(character development)

(develop a unique story in the supernatural universe)

(deep storytelling and many choices )

(mystery solving)

(horror aspect)

(twist and suprises)
    "
    ... could just as well serve as a basis for an X-files game. And frankly, a lot of TV shows has the same build, like Fringe for example.

Rawrplague posted: »

< Supernatural a telltale games story > =========================================================================================

• Gimme some good ol' detective stories, by which I mean;

Jim Butcher's Dresden Files - a wizard private investigator in Chicago, slowly being forced to corrupt himself with dark power? Yes please.

Sherlock - as in the recent Benedict Cumberbatch, Martin Freeman, Steven Moffat business. Fill in some of those missing cases for us.

Hellboy - for those of you who have read the books, you'll know Hellboy is about 70% talking and investigation, 30% punching demons and monsters in the face, much like Fables Bigby Wolf.

Doctor Who - yes, I totally agree we need this from Telltale, and following the recent minisode, The Night of the Doctor, I think the 8th Doctor would be the perfect subject, since so much of his story is untold.

• i agree with the 8th doctor they could do a lot with his story and keep it somewhat canan with the story. as for the dresden files...is that the syfy show? cant remember much about it.

zerodemon posted: »

Gimme some good ol' detective stories, by which I mean; Jim Butcher's Dresden Files - a wizard private investigator in Chicago, slowly bein

• edited December 2013

Since the early days of telltale I always thought that a game on The Simpsons would be great. It really fit the episodic format of the early TT adventure and the success of sam & max confirmed that seasons could work in this kind of game as well as on TV.

Regarding the later TT style (TWD), I have some thoughts. They are basically visual novel or story with forks and great enphasis on the narration. This make me think that this style could really work well with the gamebook format of "Choose you own adventure" or "Lone Wolf". The latter is currently being republished with the new unpublished chapter on the way. It would be the perfect time and I think the format is the closest to the later TT style.

• edited November 2013

A sequel to the Clock Tower series. Those are some great psychological horror stories, and the game play relies on searching for stuff and quick thinking during tense moments. It would be right up Telltale’s alley.

Evil Dead: The Game. Should coincide with Army of Darkness 2. Telltale knows how to do comedic writing, and Walking Dead proved they could handle horror, as well.

A Batman game where you play as Jim Gordon during his early police days in Gotham City.

And other suggestions:
    Sherlock Holmes,
    Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure,
    Leisure Suit Larry,
    King’s Quest (if they’re ever able to get the rights back),
    Broken Sword sequel,
    Blade Runner,
    L.A. Confidential,
    Labyrinth,
    Zack McKracken sequel,
    Alone in the Dark

• I love the idea of playing as Jim Gordon

A sequel to the Clock Tower series. Those are some great psychological horror stories, and the game play relies on searching for stuff and qui

• Very impressive work! You should totally consider going into Graphic Design. (If you haven't already.)

Woop_Woop posted: »

Here is my last batch of Tarantino-related ideas. Five Poisons - The story of the ‘Deadly Viper Assassination Squad’. Each episode focu

• The TV show was loosely based on an awesome series of books. It was also terrible, and totally disrespectful to the original stories by Jim Butcher. You should read them.

multicolt posted: »

i agree with the 8th doctor they could do a lot with his story and keep it somewhat canan with the story. as for the dresden files...is that the syfy show? cant remember much about it.

• did you say series of books!!!! lovely i have been needing something new to read. i will try them out. :)

The TV show was loosely based on an awesome series of books. It was also terrible, and totally disrespectful to the original stories by Jim Butcher. You should read them.

• Game of Thrones!! oh wait...

• about that concept above.. a game of supernatural without playing dean or sam wouldnt work.. at least for me. the serie exist because of them , its not a big world like walking dead.. ( ofc there are more hunters )

sherlock holmes , clock towers and doctor who , would be awesome...

but the hype mode is now on Game of Thrones xD

• I'm really not keen on the idea of Game of Thrones as an adventure game. Don't know why.

Niels posted: »

about that concept above.. a game of supernatural without playing dean or sam wouldnt work.. at least for me. the serie exist because of them

• Now, BOARDWALK EMPIRE, on the other hand...

• Here's a thought - suppose TT did get the Doctor Who Licence but were unable to or not interested in the Doctors themselves? Something set in the Whoniverse but not featuring the Doctor and companions directly? I've thought of three suggestions myself...

UNIT - Featuring Jenna Redgrave as Kate Stewart, but otherwise with an entirely new cast of UNIT characters set in the present day, possibly with the option of rewinding at one point to classic UNIT during the 70's/80's with the parent of one of the characters, possibly even a dual storyline with two groups across two eras of UNIT - John Levene or Richard Frankin could reprise their roles as Benton and Mike Yates in this instance. You either play as one or more of the UNIT personal in a small elite group, akin to say Torchwood or Agents of SHIELD where you go across Britain and even the world in episodic adventures, with both new monsters and classics. Your choices impact the relationship with your team and possibly even the cases you investigate.

The Great Detective - Madame Vastra, Jenny and Strax, circa the 1890's in Victorian London. Investigate a series of cases inspired by Holmesian pieces with a wider enemy at the heart of the story - perhaps James Moriarty, head of Torchwood at the time? Players play as Vastra with her deductive powers, extendable tongue and sword skills. Possibly Jenny and Strax as well would be fun to play. Players converse with humans and aliens alike in this time, needing to keep both Vastra's surviving Silurian Clan and the Crown - with Victoria possibly reprised by Pauline Collins from Tooth and Claw - at ease.

River Song - Alex Kingston reprises her role as Professor River Song sometime between her many adventures with the Doctor, who armed with a Vortex Malipulator needs to investigate an array of temporal insistances across space and time, without the help of the Doctor. River of course has less quibs about shooting and flirting than her Time Lord counterpart, and an adventure game could easily see incidents across her highly variable timestream, from a little girl in the 70's to her 'death'.

• I remember when I was little, I watched a movie based on a graphic novel about several characters from famous 1800 literature (Tom Sawyer, Jekyll and Hyde, Captain Nemo, etc.) that team up to prevent James Moriarty from starting destroying the world. I think it was called The League of Extraordinary Gentleman, and while the movie was atrocious, I heard that the comics were very popular. I just think this would be a fun concept given TT's success with Wolf Among Us.

• Great idea !

Do you know The Plague Dogs, in the same vein ?

TheMissus posted: »

Watership Down. Very gory and emotional

• You do have the right title, the movie is atrocious, and the comics are very popular. I myself am not an Alan Moore fan, due him being a hardcore occultist and not having stories that are interesting (my opinion, people. Do not get all pissy).

• I'd go for an 8th Doctor game. Out of all the incarnations that would be available, it's the one that would appeal most to me (other than possibly Eccleston's doctor, but that's never going to happen). He's dynamic without being silly unlike the more recent ones, but importantly still has gravitas. And it would mean that the sonic screwdriver wouldn't be the solution to every puzzle... ;-)

Gimme some good ol' detective stories, by which I mean; Jim Butcher's Dresden Files - a wizard private investigator in Chicago, slowly bein

• edited November 2013

Like the spinoff show Torchwood, you mean? Might be a good idea... EDIT:I've just noticed you mentioned Torchwood a few times.. I really should read comments fully before getting all excited about replying.

Here's a thought - suppose TT did get the Doctor Who Licence but were unable to or not interested in the Doctors themselves? Something set in

• FIREFLY!

Not my idea, but I was just watching Jeremy Jahns' review of Firefly and my mouth fell open when he suggested it. I can not endorse this idea enough. Not only is it a massive cult hit, but the story was cut off brutally short and can't really be continued now that the cast are all 10 years older, but they could provide voice acting, and I'll bet there are a few scripts that never saw the light of day. If this would be made, I doubt I'd be interested in any other games that year.

• This could be potentially great! Super great! The best ever!

Moral choices! Do you aim to misbehave and have the morals of a shee-niou (cow sucking) reaver, or are you shiny and kindly, more likely to carry those fugitives around on your ship than drop them off with the nearest alliance cruiser?

Branching storylines! Plan your heists, make friends and then curse their sudden but inevitable betrayals! How will you react? Run away? Shoot up the place? The decision is yours.

I'd love to see this. 5 standalone stories that we play through, and elaborate on some of the stuff from the show that was left unresolved, like the men with the blue hands, Adelai Niska, Jubal Early and more YoSaffBridge.

I say standalone so we can have some pre-Serenity Wash and Book action, but also some post-Serenity so we can find out all about Zoey's baby and how things are in the 'verse now the Reaver secret is out there.

You can't stop the signal.

FIREFLY! Not my idea, but I was just watching Jeremy Jahns' review of Firefly and my mouth fell open when he suggested it. I can not endors

• edited December 2013

Here's another insane idea that I'd like to pitch as sane.

Achewood.

• It's a plausible fit. Achewood's trying to branch out into television. We've seen and heard Ray, Philippe, and Roast Beef, and as 3D models, no less. From his comments about television, this idea might really appeal to Chris Onstad - the animation, the timing, the dialog, it's all exactly what he wants from TV work.

• It'd be a return to humor for Telltale proper, and honestly, it's kinda overdue. Let's give the moral choices and boo-hoos a rest for a little while and get back to levity.

• The humor in Achewood fits perfectly. It's almost entirely derived from dialog, and it has a large, insanely defined cast of characters. The main issue might be the sheer amount of small comments: each sentence always fits along with Achewood's weirdly, lyrical vibe.

• The surreal story arcs in Achewood would mesh beautifully. Not ones like "Oregon Trail gets it on with everybody", but stuff like the Great Outdoor Fight, the Lash of Thanatos, North Korean Mexican Realism, Ray goes to hell, Nice Pete and Philippe. Let's experience that kind of thing first hand.

• It'll pull an audience. Look, it may not have gotten on TV yet, but Achewood's got the goods. It's got more awards than you can shake a stick at. TIME magazine is infatuated with it. People love Roast Beef's crippling sadness.

• Just imagine being trapped in a conversation with Pat or Todd.

In conclusion, Achewood: a fine game for a lady or a man. Thank you.

• Oooh, ooooh!

Locke and Key!

• Call these suggestions generic/common, but I'd really love to see Telltale make games for Venture Bros, Futurama, and Breaking Bad.

• According to @lakesideguy -

Telltale:you'd be perfect to make a game based on the REVOLUTION TV series that is currently doing quite well by JJ Abrams.

I can't see any other game publisher being able to make the story so intriguing and fun to play as you could and it's absolutely a perfect opportunity for you to do it as it's mid way through season 2 now. By time you launched Season 1 it would be great timing to be able to play it while we wait for more shows to be broadcasted as we play the episodes.

I'd love to slap Charlie in Season 1 she was a bit annoying so please add the ability to slap her when she gets whiney eyed. They cleaner her up in Season 2 thank god.

But, it would be fun to punch Aaron around a bit too. LOL

Any other takers on getting TT games to look at doing this? IT would be completely awesome!!!

• i prefer game of thrones

• It would be awesome if Telltale make a game for a Cartoon Network show like Ed Edd N Eddy where we can choose which scams to do and such.

• Firefly... Seriously... Firefly. With the actors to voice it.

• TftB has made me do a bit of thinking, and I think that a TTG game set in the Fallout universe would be a good idea.

• Doctor Who, Sherlock, Adventure Time, My Little Pony: FiM, Evil Dead/Army of Darkness, Sesame Street, American Vampire, Brian K. Vaughn's Saga, Mouse Guard...

I could go on for ages. XD

• Hi! :)

I'm just halfway through a Firefly marathon, and I couldn't stop thinking about how Firefly would be amazing as an Telltale game!

It's got everything! Setting, atmosphere, characters, story, action, romance, humor, moral decision... the whole package! And Telltale would do the series justice.. unlike fox...

I know this has been suggested by others before, but it's just so true! I registered and logged in just to post this, but I'll probably be around since it seems like a nice community.

Cheers

Sign in to comment in this discussion.