Let's talk about Undertale for a minute?

Comments

• And Sparrow7 is a sociopath.

Sparrow7 posted: »

Debatable. After what happened to Flowey, Asgurr went batshit crazy and started slaughtering humans. Because he's the king, and their "her

• If playing Undertale is anything like this it's an insta-buy

Abeille posted: »

Dogsong. Playing Undertale is like: enter link description here

• I was unsure of whether to buy this game, but after reading this thread, I am definitely buying it.

• That's the most accurate non-spoilery undertale-in-a-nutshell video on the internet.

If playing Undertale is anything like this it's an insta-buy

• And later on. Papyrus tell you that you have no standards. Lol.

"I have very high standards!" "I can make spaghetti." "Oh, no! You're meeting all of my standards!"

• edited November 2015

If you like story-heavy games with captivating characters that will remember your choices, you will probably like Undertale.

If you don't like any of that, why are you even in the TellTale forums? :P

I was unsure of whether to buy this game, but after reading this thread, I am definitely buying it.

• I'm only here for the hot wing specials on Thursdays.

If you like story-heavy games with captivating characters that will remember your choices, you will probably like Undertale. If you don't like any of that, why are you even in the TellTale forums? :P

• Haven't played the game yet, but the soundtrack is pretty damn good.

DAISHI posted: »

Thread: So how awesome is Undertale? Game of the Year 2015, easily. enter link description here

• Man the soundtrack is AMAZING. Even the songs are kinda spoilerish, but the track Hopes and Dreams is so freaking inspirational.

Haven't played the game yet, but the soundtrack is pretty damn good.

• Whoopsy Doopsy! I have to use the restroom! (jump to 40 secs :P Definite plot points involved)

enter link description here

• Kristoph is checking dat ass out.

MY NAME IS APOLLO JUSTICE AND I'M- noisy!

• http://orig08.deviantart.net/6945/f/2015/354/5/4/muffet___come_and_share_some____spiders__by_supernovaehollay-d9ipiw8.png

Muffet commission I did for a client over on DeviantArt. He asked for my own rendition of Muffet. It was fun to draw an Undertale character like this. :)

• Wow, that turned out great! She looks so cool in your style :)

Muffet commission I did for a client over on DeviantArt. He asked for my own rendition of Muffet. It was fun to draw an Undertale character like this.

• Thanks so much! :) The entirety of the picture was a challenge, but I'm glad to know it turned out cool. :)

Wow, that turned out great! She looks so cool in your style

• This is absolutely awesome!

Great job! The more I look at it, the more I love it. The eyes are absolutely mesmerizing.

Muffet commission I did for a client over on DeviantArt. He asked for my own rendition of Muffet. It was fun to draw an Undertale character like this.

• Damn girl, you have talent!

• enter image description here

Well done! And welcome back!

• Thanks so much. :3 You're too kind.

Haha yeah I'm pretty proud of this piece, it's kinda my first time trying to draw an actual atmosphere and objects the person is interacting with.

And yes! My eyes were the favorite part, I tried a new technique and it turned out amazing!

This is absolutely awesome! Great job! The more I look at it, the more I love it. The eyes are absolutely mesmerizing.

I felt like a sassy black woman gif was an appropriate response.

But thank you. ;)

TheCatWolf posted: »

Damn girl, you have talent!

Thank you! :)

Well done! And welcome back!

• I know this is from forever ago, but the soundtrack is amazing! I listened to it over the last 3 weeks to get through finals and good God did it keep me .... determined. ;)

Haven't played the game yet, but the soundtrack is pretty damn good.

• So I want to keep this thread alive because Undertale is a Masterpiece. Seriously. I mean, SERIOUSLY? WHAT IS THIS GAME EVEN? IT'S A MASTERPIECE OF A GAME AND A STORY

I wouldn't be upset at all if FNAF got dethroned by this game. Toby Fox needs to keep up his work on video games because I'd love to see whatever else he comes up with, and I don't care if he ever does more Undertale again I just want more amazing Toby work! :D

And I'll just leave this here.

https://youtu.be/qF-BGHhEpk8

Stay determined y'all! ;)

• Frankly, it was a mess. The narrative was undermined by the medium at it's foundation and everything just sorta fell apart from there. There is too much suspension of disbelief involved in seeing more monsters as more than just monsters when they are constantly attacking you in random encounters.

• Really? I found it so clear and easy to follow! Especially since we get a very good explanation right on the beginning for monsters to attack you, a human, and still our first prolonged contact with a monster is with a lovely mother figure that shows us so much kindness. It just seemed natural to me to ponder on that.

Opinions, I guess.

Skiba7671 posted: »

Frankly, it was a mess. The narrative was undermined by the medium at it's foundation and everything just sorta fell apart from there. There

• I can see what you mean. But after thinking about, why would they attack me? I realized that they already had a pretty bad idea of humans, and with Asgore being 1 heart away from freeing their kind it would up their aggression I'm sure.

I understand if someone wouldn't like the game or found it's narrative and themes confusing or silly.

Frankly, it was a mess. The narrative was undermined by the medium at it's foundation and everything just sorta fell apart from there. There

• Gary-OakGary-Oak Banned
    edited December 2015

Well, I bought and beat undertale and did a neutral run then a pacifist run. It's a pretty charming game, and it has some amazing music. But I still feel that it's pretty overrated. The only characters I really cared about were Papyrus (to some extent) and Undyne.

Things I liked about the game:

The World
    Undyne
    The Combat
    The Music

Things I didn't like

The story was too predictable (at least for me)
    The cringey as hell humor
    The Fandom (The fandom doesn't cloud my judgement for the game itself, I just don't really like the fandom and felt it was necessary to put here)

• Inb4 this becomes the new FNAF :P

• edited December 2015

I just realized that the spider boss might eat other spiders. Otherwise pouring cup of spiders wouldn't make any sense unless it's some kind of ritual thing.

I suspect that I'm missing something and turn this something creepy.

• 20 minutes in, loving it so far.

• The fandom is way more mature, this game really seems to be targeted at older audiences.

ZapThroat posted: »

Inb4 this becomes the new FNAF :P

• It just made me question her true intentions. Kinda like she had to condition me to be a proper sacrifice.

Getting the best ending just felt unnatural and forced especially when the hype surrounding the game always insists that you don't have to kill anyone. No one says to just experience it.

I think it would have been better served as a different genre of game.

Really? I found it so clear and easy to follow! Especially since we get a very good explanation right on the beginning for monsters to attac

• Their motivations make sense I just can't make the leap to why I should be OK with it as someone who knows nothing of the game beforehand.

The person who recommended it to me insisted that i could spare enemies and I feel like that information is too necessary to truly enjoying the game.

I can see what you mean. But after thinking about, why would they attack me? I realized that they already had a pretty bad idea of humans, a

• edited December 2015

The story was too predictable (at least for me)

Really? Everything in the ending of the pacifist run was surprising to me.

Gary-Oak posted: »

Well, I bought and beat undertale and did a neutral run then a pacifist run. It's a pretty charming game, and it has some amazing music. But

• It gets even better.

20 minutes in, loving it so far.

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

TheCatWolf posted: »

It gets even better.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I have been hearing good things about this game, the Steam winter sale starts today so ill probably pick it up.

• I understand that. I knew that before I played it you had to play a specific way to get a specific ending, but it gives it a interesting sense of replay-ability. I mean, playing the Genocide run screws with your game file forever. ;A; lol I thought it was an interesting and unsettling revelation.

Yeah, I understand that too. I guess my favorite part about the game was the message of ... determination. ;)

Their motivations make sense I just can't make the leap to why I should be OK with it as someone who knows nothing of the game beforehand.

• That's what FNAF was too.But when it became too mainstream,shit went downhill.And that teaches an important lesson:
    "Never go mainstream"

The fandom is way more mature, this game really seems to be targeted at older audiences.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.