The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• UPDATE: Paramedics just entered the cafe and a hostage suffered minor injuries. Gunfire has been used and the gunman is likely dead.

Police just stormed the cafe! More hostages have escaped and live ammo was used inside the building.It's 2:17 AM as I write this.

• Watching that shit now, some serious Aussie banter.

UPDATE: Paramedics just entered the cafe and a hostage suffered minor injuries. Gunfire has been used and the gunman is likely dead.

• edited December 2014

Gotta give the Sydney police credit for how the whole thing was handled. I don't think anyone thought anything like this could happen in Australia and the police who responded handled things very well. I'll keep any foreigners up to date as much as I can, but I've gotten almost no sleep today. I'll find footage of the police unit entering when it predictably ends up on Youtube. It's chaotic.

Okay, bomb robot's in the cafe and the place's alarm is going off. Police outside the front doors.

CodPatrol posted: »

Watching that shit now, some serious Aussie banter.

• Barry?! Okay, now where's my Jill Sandwich?! lol jk

Nice work!

• At least one person has been seriously injured in the siege which is now over. Not sure yet who it is but things don't look good.

Gotta give the Sydney police credit for how the whole thing was handled. I don't think anyone thought anything like this could happen in Aus

• I don't even know what's going on, is there still hostages?

Gotta give the Sydney police credit for how the whole thing was handled. I don't think anyone thought anything like this could happen in Aus

• Very likely bomb threat. Police went in with full protection. Rumors that the gunman shot first.

At least one person has been seriously injured in the siege which is now over. Not sure yet who it is but things don't look good.

• About 7 people ran for it in a big group just before the police went in. Since we never had an official number it's possible that some hostages are hiding or dead. The police are in there now, so we'll get word on that soon.

I don't even know what's going on, is there still hostages?

• I'm sorry but you're posting this because?

You can watch live coverage of the Sydney hostage crisis here: http://www.9news.com.au/National/2014/12/15/10/00/Major-police-operation-in-Sydneys-Martin-Place

• Time to troll the forums again.

Lit people on fire

Electrocute someone's testicles.

• So the guy is dead then?

About 7 people ran for it in a big group just before the police went in. Since we never had an official number it's possible that some hostages are hiding or dead. The police are in there now, so we'll get word on that soon.

• A terrorist attack happens and that's what you've got to say? Did you seriously not expect a discussion over this? And why exactly do you even care? This is an off-topic section and it's dumb that I have to keep justifying my post that are in the appropriate section.

papai46 posted: »

I'm sorry but you're posting this because?

• Oh yeah!

SonEdo posted: »

Time to troll the forums again. Lit people on fire Electrocute someone's testicles.

• Still no word. They fired a lot of shots though, so it's not unlikely that he's dead or in serious condition.

So the guy is dead then?

• I'm sorry but you're tellling us about a terrorist attack on the other side of the world it doesn't affect us, you're tellling us this just to make us depressed.

A terrorist attack happens and that's what you've got to say? Did you seriously not expect a discussion over this? And why exactly do you ev

• Apparently Sydney's a ghost town. Most people have stayed in their homes since yesterday afternoon.

• Just because it doesn't affect you doesn't mean it doesn't affect others. If you don't like it, you should just ignore it, it isn't that hard Papai .-.

I'm sorry but you're tellling us about a terrorist attack on the other side of the world it doesn't affect us, you're tellling us this just to make us depressed.

• Thank you. :)

Green613 posted: »

Just because it doesn't affect you doesn't mean it doesn't affect others. If you don't like it, you should just ignore it, it isn't that hard Papai .-.

• You could not be more insensitive.

I'm sorry but you're tellling us about a terrorist attack on the other side of the world it doesn't affect us, you're tellling us this just to make us depressed.

• Two people are now confirmed dead. One of them may be the gunman.

Still no word. They fired a lot of shots though, so it's not unlikely that he's dead or in serious condition.

• Oh sweet Jesus the Kenny/Jane war was the worst.

If that's all you've seen then you should check out the rest of the forum, it's just as bad at times. cough *Kenny/Jane War *cough

• If there isn't already a thread about this, you could make a new one if you want. This thread moves fast and updates about this might get buried, whereas a new thread would allow for more discussion.

You can watch live coverage of the Sydney hostage crisis here: http://www.9news.com.au/National/2014/12/15/10/00/Major-police-operation-in-Sydneys-Martin-Place

• Things have pretty much calmed down now. Investigators are looking over the scene and the only update is that a third person may have died. It's possible that most people overseas haven't heard because of time zones, so there would probably be a thread once people figure out the details of what happened. Thanks for the advice though.

If there isn't already a thread about this, you could make a new one if you want. This thread moves fast and updates about this might get buried, whereas a new thread would allow for more discussion.

• @Papai46 asked me to verify for some of you guys that he isn't using any alternate accounts (to my knowledge) after I checked around.

If you suspect that a user is using an alternate account, please flag some of their posts and/or PM a moderator instead of accusing a user of having an alternate account directly as that usually just starts forum drama. Thanks.

• Thank you Blind

Alt text

@Papai46 asked me to verify for some of you guys that he isn't using any alternate accounts (to my knowledge) after I checked around. If

• edited December 2014

Alt text

I've been on skype a bit :D

I try not to compare the two as my experience is both offer unique and fantastic opportunities to talk to everyone through different methods unique to their own outlets of communication making them both quality places that will always bring you back :)

If this place is so bad yet you still come here even check your comment history you come back everyday I can tell you still know this place isn't over deep down :)

As for the people majority yes the same but yes there are a few qualitys members you mentioned unique to skype but we also have great members just here like Blueneon, paladin, rockworm, papai, tinni,rages, simon, joshua007, saltlcik123, saltlick305 the cornpopper, Megami_Kizukanai, AmazingAura01, brent etc even more but I'm not sure if their on skype unique to this place to talk to just as good :D

Both places are fantastic and always darkest before the dawn this place is still great and so is Skype to talk to even more we get the best of both worlds :D

and

MERRY CHRISTMAS

You can't really speak for the Skype Lounge, because you've barely ever been there. Anyway, everyone there agrees that it is 10x better t

• Alt text

Pride intentifies

I know the story behind this gif there was a thread which asked how did Kenny survive in S1 and I posted this scene out of the matrix and someone made a gif out of it then tweeted it to Gavin Hammon who loved it XD

Love this gif XD

• Who's the midget?

You don't need to apologize. It's okay.

• Fear(s) of the Day

Agyrophobia: Fear of crossing the street.

Alt text

• edited December 2014

I won't be here for a while.

• edited December 2014

Guess those people don 't like the chicken joke.

dojo32161 posted: »

Fear(s) of the Day Agyrophobia: Fear of crossing the street.

• Alt text

:D

@Papai46 asked me to verify for some of you guys that he isn't using any alternate accounts (to my knowledge) after I checked around. If

• edited December 2014

:'( no have a happy christmas

• Bye then, Have a Merry Christmas

• Hornswoggle.

TDMshadowCP posted: »

Who's the midget?

• awwwww bye Simon

• I'm still on my break but I found this cool and wanted to share it with you guys, my friends.

Artix Entertainment

• edited December 2014

Hornswoggle.

IRISH pride intensifies

Alt text

Hornswoggle.

Markd4547 posted: »

Hornswoggle. IRISH pride intensifies

Sign in to comment in this discussion.