The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• TDMshadowCPTDMshadowCP Banned
    edited April 2015

Now I understand this picture.

Alt text

The girl with the "Black Power" hoodie seems to be having fun...

I've been watching for the past few hours, and it only seems to be getting worse. We're seeing cars being set on fire, stores being looted,

• What does this accomplish? How does robbing a store get anything done, how does it honor Mr. Grey? That's right, it doesn't, and nothing gets accomplished, it's appalling what's going on.

TDMshadowCP posted: »

Now I understand this picture. The girl with the "Black Power" hoodie seems to be having fun...

• Damn, what's that smell?

Alt text

This is different actually, he got a spinal injury while in custody, then died from it.. Allegedly for not wearing his seatbelt in the cruiser, but there's been no confirmation.

• edited April 2015

Removing Payment Feature From Skyrim Workshop

We're going to remove the payment feature from the Skyrim workshop. For anyone who spent money on a mod, we'll be refunding you the complete amount. We talked to the team at Bethesda and they agree.

We've done this because it's clear we didn't understand exactly what we were doing. We've been shipping many features over the years aimed at allowing community creators to receive a share of the rewards, and in the past, they've been received well. It's obvious now that this case is different.

To help you understand why we thought this was a good idea, our main goals were to allow mod makers the opportunity to work on their mods full time if they wanted to, and to encourage developers to provide better support to their mod communities. We thought this would result in better mods for everyone, both free & paid. We wanted more great mods becoming great products, like Dota, Counter-strike, DayZ, and Killing Floor, and we wanted that to happen organically for any mod maker who wanted to take a shot at it.

But we underestimated the differences between our previously successful revenue sharing models, and the addition of paid mods to Skyrim's workshop. We understand our own game's communities pretty well, but stepping into an established, years old modding community in Skyrim was probably not the right place to start iterating. We think this made us miss the mark pretty badly, even though we believe there's a useful feature somewhere here.

Now that you've backed a dump truck of feedback onto our inboxes, we'll be chewing through that, but if you have any further thoughts let us know.

I just copy-pasted this from the steam webpage. Good news.

• Well, today I found out my school blocked all gaming-related websites, including this one. Meaning I am not going to be here most of the day ;-;

• edited April 2015

Edit: Damn, I didn't reply :c

• Shitty as that is, it's still no excuse to riot and loot a bunch of stores. That's just taking advantage.

This keeps happening. A police officer kills a black man that isn't any threat, black man dies, poor poor police officer with a power complex was "just doing his job".

• Damn, that sucks :<

ComingSoon posted: »

Well, today I found out my school blocked all gaming-related websites, including this one. Meaning I am not going to be here most of the day ;-;

• Yes you did.

NoHopeLeft posted: »

Edit: Damn, I didn't reply :c

• My school did that years ago. I think it's actually blocked by the state here. Not sure though. I do know a way to getting onto Youtube at my school.

Well, today I found out my school blocked all gaming-related websites, including this one. Meaning I am not going to be here most of the day ;-;

• Eventually I did.

Yes you did.

• I'm pretty sure there are ways around those cheap security systems, look it up.

• Did my reasearch, it's exactly what I was afraid of the lead designer's only credits in the Banjo Kazooie games are one for playtesting in Banjo Tooie and one for design in Nuts and Bolts... Other than that he's credited as designer in Grabbed by the Ghoulies which was terrible and Viva Piñata which is actually pretty but not really the same kind of game, I'd recommend being cautios with this game, after all the designer is pretty damn important and according to his history he may not be up for it.

Lehfeels posted: »

Yep the employees that are gonna be involved helped with donkey kong 64 and donkey kong country and banjo kazooie and banjo tooie so this is gonna be good

• Not only that, only 40 simultaneous players (Battlefront 2 was 64), AT-AT's are on rails turrets as oposed to driveable vehicles, there will only be 8 maps on launch (As opposed to 33 in BF 2), no mod support, no campaign, no Galactic Conquest mode, no Instant Action mode, no classes (loadouts only) and only 2 heroes (As opposed to 19), in addition to that they already have 5 DLCs planned as opposed to one single DLC in BF2.

Seriously how the fuck am I supposed to be exited from that game when it has already announced that it's going to be a fucking let-down, I mean Battlefront 3 was supposed to have simultaneous Space and planetary combat in which you could fly out into the atmosphere or down into the atmosphere, I mean the PSP version teased that and the cancelled Battlefront 3 was pretty much focusing on that but instead we get this shitty bare-bones version with absolutely no ambition, they should have just left it dead.

We were cheated with no space battles.

• What the hell is "Point Cook"

lolwut. http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/west/point-cook-wants-to-break-away-from-australia-fed-up-with-being-ignored-by-governments/story-fngnvmj7-1227323041829

• What a bunch of idiots.

lolwut. http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/west/point-cook-wants-to-break-away-from-australia-fed-up-with-being-ignored-by-governments/story-fngnvmj7-1227323041829

• Suburb in Victoria.

AWESOMEO posted: »

What the hell is "Point Cook"

• I watched "Shrek the Third" last night

• Psl ,_,

ogretastic

• ogretastic

I watched "Shrek the Third" last night

• Shrek 2 is the shit though, I watched Shrek 2 like 300 times. Shrek the third is bleh, watched it like once :p

• Alt text

• Yeah, I watched Shrek 2 the other night :P

Green613 posted: »

Shrek 2 is the shit though, I watched Shrek 2 like 300 times. Shrek the third is bleh, watched it like once

• whaaaaat

Matpat is going to have a lot to cover

• Try understanding this:

If that that is, is. And that that is not, is not. Then that that is not, is not that that is. And that that is, is not that that is not.

Like omghGFUCK THE ENGLISH LAnguage

• Alt text

Try understanding this: If that that is, is. And that that is not, is not. Then that that is not, is not that that is. And that that is, is not that that is not. Like omghGFUCK THE ENGLISH LAnguage

• AWESOMEOAWESOMEO Banned
    edited April 2015

This is really easy to understand if you consider the fact that that that is using that 2 times basically holds the same meaning as that that uses that 1 time.

Try understanding this: If that that is, is. And that that is not, is not. Then that that is not, is not that that is. And that that is, is not that that is not. Like omghGFUCK THE ENGLISH LAnguage

• bitch

This is really easy to understand if you consider the fact that that that is using that 2 times basically holds the same meaning as that that uses that 1 time.

• AWESOMEOAWESOMEO Banned
    edited April 2015

Prepping for final exams, you know your teacher stepped up the game when you come from this:

Alt text

To this:

Alt text

• ENGLISH BITCH

bitch

• The lone 4

Prepping for final exams, you know your teacher stepped up the game when you come from this: To this:

• BigBlindMaxBigBlindMax Banned
    edited April 2015

https://youtube.com/watch?v=c5fts7bj-so

How many people need to get shot before we start holding law enforcement accountable for their actions?

• Alt text

ELLEN FAPPER LADIES AND GENTLEMEN

• edited April 2015

I remember her and a stand up comedian who said this XD

Alt text

ELLEN FAPPER LADIES AND GENTLEMEN

• That movie was freaking amazing.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=32iCWzpDpKs

Sign in to comment in this discussion.