The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Gonna try something new and stay away from the mass killing thread this time. Don't see any good coming from it.

• Glad the fucker who did that got killed shortly after.

Terrible what happened.

Euron posted: »

Yesterday (the 14th July) it was the national day, celebrating the taking of the Bastille. A terrorist took a truck in Nice and drove in

• Same. There's already arguments.

BigBlindMax posted: »

Gonna try something new and stay away from the mass killing thread this time. Don't see any good coming from it.

• The world is going mad. We have a game that requires you to get off your ass and go outside, and now people are calling it ableist. Just because you have a disability doesn't mean developers have to cater to you and bring non-disabled people down to your level.

enter image description here

• Yup the first 2 zelda games and final fantasy 1 are definetly on it. Not sure about metroid. I'm most excited for punch out.

As long as Zelda, Final Fantasy and Metroid are on it, I'll buy the shit out of it.

• Finally bought Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time for 3ds! It was only 20 bucks so pretty great deal. Never played Ocarina lol

• There are very few disabilities that make it so you cant leave the house, and this game might give somebody who would normally stay inside a excuse to go out. Disabled people shouldn't be locked up all day its not good for your mental state.

I have the crazies myself and im always looking for something to force me outside its why I always have a dog and why I want pokemon go, it might take me somewhere I haven't been before which is a scary concept but if I get a kick ass pokemon the pay off would be worth it.

The world is going mad. We have a game that requires you to get off your ass and go outside, and now people are calling it ableist. Just bec

• I beat it for the first time on the 3ds earlier this year. Spent $30 and it was worth every penny. Have fun!

Finally bought Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time for 3ds! It was only 20 bucks so pretty great deal. Never played Ocarina lol

• Got Doom for £22

• okay clemy xD

It's Noah (or Sal), or just Clemy if you want. The whole ClemyClooAndBabyBoo name is a mouthful honestly. XD

• pac-man sounds kinda like something he would play

Johro posted: »

Between Trump and Hillary the only thing I'd believe is if Trump came out and said he is a big Pac-Man fan. For some reason, I'd believe that. It just seems right.

• so call of duty keeps crashing my ps4 after i try to switch the console off after having played it and im going to try and get a 8tb harddrive as the games are eating my hdd space

• BigBlindMaxBigBlindMax Banned
    edited July 2016

Why is this person's Facebook post considered the least bit important? How is it representative of world gone mad? I swear to fuck, the stuff that goes viral these days...

The world is going mad. We have a game that requires you to get off your ass and go outside, and now people are calling it ableist. Just bec

edited July 2016

Same. There's already arguments.

• I dunno, apparently having an opinion makes you crazy.

Why is this person's Facebook post considered the least bit important? How is it representative of world gone mad? I swear to fuck, the stuff that goes viral these days...

• Ahhh, Punch Out. Shit man, I never even beat Sandman when I played it. I need to run through it again.

Yup the first 2 zelda games and final fantasy 1 are definetly on it. Not sure about metroid. I'm most excited for punch out.

• edited July 2016

I'm playing Prince of Persia The Sands of Time on PC, one of my favourite childhood games and a game by Ubisoft. It runs perfectly without a problem.

• edited July 2016

Honestly, it's true, games nowadays are kind of non accessible to people with difficulties (not talking about Pokémon Go) I for example have a cramped hand and it's kinda hard for me to play FPS games and i think that having an accessibility option is very welcome, imo i think developers should cater to the disabled costumers.
    Also the thing about bringing people down a level just because a game is accessible to disabled people is very wrong, i hate sounding like an SJW but Jesus dude, get a grip.

• [removed]

I feel the same, but I'm assuming we're talking about different people.

• I wasn't quite sure what to make of the ending. As you said, I think the ending (and theme of the whole game) revolve around the idea of control and free will, but I'm not quite sure what to make of all the experimentation going on in the later half of the game. Some of the reviews overhyped the ending a bit in my opinion (as I had read spoiler free reviews prior to playing the game), but I still thought it was a solid conclusion all around though.

• Huh, as of next month I'll have been on these forums for 2 years. I should go back to my fucking disgusting "Omid caused lee's death" thread so I can cringe at my past sins. God I was such a cringey little piece of shit. Well I mean, I still am. Just not as much.

• Does anybody here keep a personal journal/diary? I'm thinking about starting one. I want a place to write down my thoughts and ideas.

• Night Mind made a fairly interesting video about it, it sounds pretty neat.

Johro posted: »

Played and finished Inside just now. It's a short game that's not hard at all. I haven't found all the lamps(5/14 first play), so those ma

• I'd argue that the forums are a lot less toxic after his ban, but we can't talk about banned members anyway.

• Yeah. I'd recommend you give it a shot. If something is really freaking me out, writing everything down kind of helps it from constantly repeating in my head. Kind of. Writing is also a much better way to organize ideas than just in your head. If you keep up with it for awhile, it's also cool to see how you have changed over time. Even if it ends up not being your thing, all you could waste at the most is a little time.

Does anybody here keep a personal journal/diary? I'm thinking about starting one. I want a place to write down my thoughts and ideas.

• Oh, you're just jealoous.

I'd argue that the forums are a lot less toxic after his ban, but we can't talk about banned members anyway.

• Turkey's military is attempting a government takeover, the prime minister said. Troops are currently in Istanbul and Ankara. This is going downwards soon.

• I'd argue that the forums are a lot less toxic after his ban

Huh, I honestly wonder if you'd actually have the courage to say it right in front of him. And what do you mean by that? The forums were never toxic when he was around. It was just a thing that happened in this thread and that's it. I can't even think of anything other toxic he ever said, cause he almost never did.

I'd argue that the forums are a lot less toxic after his ban, but we can't talk about banned members anyway.

• edited July 2016

Okay, my mother just came home today.

She's totally fine, and she said she'd stop taking drugs.

Thank God...

Everyone who relied

@happylovelyperson2016

@Blind Sniper

@MetallicaRules

@AChicken

@RichWalk23

@BigBlindMax

@BetterToSleep

@VengefulKenny

• Shit! I should have relied too, I'm sorry.

Okay, my mother just came home today. She's totally fine, and she said she'd stop taking drugs. Thank God... Everyone who relied

• It's okay ;)

AronDracula posted: »

Shit! I should have relied too, I'm sorry.

• Does anyone here have Dead By Daylight? I need some friends to play with, so if you do hit me up on Steam.

• Try playing FPS while half blind!

papai46 posted: »

Honestly, it's true, games nowadays are kind of non accessible to people with difficulties (not talking about Pokémon Go) I for example have

• How is that?

Try playing FPS while half blind!

• So is it the control scheme that makes it hard for you to play? Because I'd be totally fine with just letting people customize control schemes. And to address your point, Pokemon go is targeted toward an audience of people who are capable of walking decent distances. All games are targeted toward an audience of people who have the abilities and skills to be good at that game. I play Age of Empires a lot even though I'm awful at it, because the ideal AoE player would be someone who can multitask and organize their resources, and I'm simply not that good at it. Regardless of whether someone has a disability or not, a lot of games are simply going to be easier for some then most.

And to address the point in the screenshot, making leveling up require less walking won't actually level the playing field, because able-bodied people will still walk more and level up quicker.

Honestly, it's true, games nowadays are kind of non accessible to people with difficulties (not talking about Pokémon Go) I for example have

• Damn right. My vision's just fine and I suck at 99% of FPS's that I've played.

Try playing FPS while half blind!

edited July 2016

Let's just say I tend to have a below average KDR.

Close to the TV, I get by ok, expect when tracking rapid motions or in an area with poor contrast.

How is that?

• The biggest criticism of the post is that the OP calls it ableist, because people are sick of games being accused of racist, sexist or discriminatory simply because it does not cater to that person's wants and needs (in other words, the Anita Sarkeesian mentality).

I dunno, apparently having an opinion makes you crazy.

• Glad to hear that. Hopefully she stays safe in the future.

Okay, my mother just came home today. She's totally fine, and she said she'd stop taking drugs. Thank God... Everyone who relied

• Thanks. If it turns out I like it then I will probably pick up Majora's mask.

NoHopeLeft posted: »

I beat it for the first time on the 3ds earlier this year. Spent $30 and it was worth every penny. Have fun!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.