The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Too mute cuteneth, can't contain. Manliness... fading! O__O

lol but seriously, I used to be afraid of the them as a kid. One time a bat flew into my house and was flapping around everywhere and I didn't know what it was doing and got scared. When I was a teenager, I found them look cool. Now that I watched a special featurette from the Batman V Superman dvd, I find them cute. xD

TheFurryOne posted: »

I've always found them cute, even vampire bats.

• Why you do this? I love nearly anything that's pizza. That looks so damn delicious!

WarpSpeed posted: »

Did you know KFC Japan is trying pizza with a "fried chicken" crust?

• I have both MW2 and PlayStation All Stars. I barely touch my PS3 much though... ._.

Do any of you peeps have a PS3 and the games I'm gonna mention below? Because I'm bored as shit and trying to procrastinate. Games I Have: * Dark Souls II * Modern Warfare 2 * PlayStation All Stars: Battle Royale * Resistance 2

• edited October 2016

To be honest, all I see now is females screaming "MEN ARE BAD BECAUSE HURR DURR" or make sudden allegations in public like: "YOU TOUCHED ME THAT MEANS YOU RAPED ME". What it does is fear mongering so that women would feel like they are being oppressed.

That my friend a faminazi, not a feminist. Two extremely different things. I am a feminist myself and I absolutely hate feminazis. No argument there. Many people often mix them up and instead of separating them they put us all into one big hate bowl. Feminists want equality, feminazis want everything for themselves and they're extremely sensitive I hate it.

Also not to burst your bubble or get into some kind of argument because I just woke up and I don't feel like being seen as a screaming flaming feminazi but the wage gap does exist. I'll admit its not as wide as before but it does exist in different areas and it also depends on some kind of jobs.

But seriously, tell me more about how third-wave feminism sucks. Not the entire movement really, but what is has become now is prett

• edited October 2016

You have a messed up leg right now, right? Well... It's progress right there certainly! (As in being able to walk around on the stairs after what happened)

Edited it just to clarify.

I just walked 3 times up and down a whole staircase with 36 steps, and now I'm exhausted.

• The other day I decided to call my best friend from the school days, wanting to catch up with him after several months of not seeing each other. I called and asked if I could come by to his apartment for a visit and play a ton of games and shit. Well... he told me that he moved to a city that I have no way of visiting since no one will take me that far. I felt like I was hit with bricks honestly. We talked and he explained to me to he's in Uni/College getting a degree to become a suit or something. Business stuff. He apologized tho, he said he was so busy with everything that he forgotten. I know some here will probably be pissed over that but me, I'm not mad. I'm not gonna drag him with me. He's got his dream to follow, I got mine. Of course I was a bit sad at the time, cuz we're pretty close. Of course, one of us were gonna move before the other, and so it happened. So that makes nearly everyone I'm close to in places so far from me I have no way I'm getting to them outside of the internet. Kinda wished the world is small, ya know? Well, guess I'm gonna have to really get serious with I'm gonna do; work hard and earn money and get what I need to see the people I want to see.

He and I are gonna talk online today so not everything is lost. I still got my best bud. :)

• edited September 2020

To be honest, all I see now is females screaming "MEN ARE BAD BECAUSE HURR DURR" or make sudden allegations in public like: "YOU TOUCHED ME

• BigBlindMaxBigBlindMax Banned
    edited October 2016

Why third-wave in particular? A lot of figures in the first and second wave were much more radical than those we have now. Every movement has its morons, it's just that you're experiencing this one.

I really despise third-wave feminism. I wish I could say more, but I'll save that for later. BTW, people who are coming up with new genders are really cringey.

edited October 2016

Well it exists to the extent men earn more money than women overall because they tend to work longer hours in higher paying jobs - but they don't receive more wages for the same work, that's illegal.

Any such law is just piss in the wind though (at least in the states) for a few reasons.

• The company usually tells you what salary they're willing to pay and forces you to bargain from there. If you don't know what you're worth it's easy together screwed.

• There's a culture of secrecy and non-disclosure surrounding income. Making comparison difficult.

• The Department of Labor is often incapable of properly enforcing even the.most basic labor laws.

The wage gap is pretty futile argument for either side. Hard to conclusively prove or debunk it, unless you get Into specific positions at specific companies. Most "THIS CHART PEOVES/DEBUNKS THE WAGE GAP" articles are 'lying with statistics', so to speak.

DillonDex posted: »

• edited October 2016

I'm watching the show glitch now on Netflix let's see if this is good

• I wish I could see my old classmates again so yeah I know what you feel. I'm not mad but I wish I saw all my friends but some of them moved out and lifes far away from me but they are happy and I won't stop them from being happy.

The other day I decided to call my best friend from the school days, wanting to catch up with him after several months of not seeing each ot

• But if there's one thing you can rely on for sure, it's a companies desire to put profit margins above all else. Unless you buy into the concept of a mystical conspiratorial, patriarchal elite that wish to elevate men at the expense of women, there's no actual reason why they would do it. Really, if women's labour can be exploited so easily, and come so cheaply - why wouldn't everyone just hire women?

There's too many holes for it to a plausible thesis. And if there was any conclusive evidence of it happening, use it. Take them to court. You'll win.

BigBlindMax posted: »

Well it exists to the extent men earn more money than women overall because they tend to work longer hours in higher paying jobs - but they

• Left the window open over night and it wasn't here in the morning so I guess it's gone.

Acheive250 posted: »

... Did you get it out?

• It's almost Halloween. Just draw on a few more scars, put on a zombie mask, and no one will notice that embarrassing mark!

So I absolutely love wearing tank tops and camisoles around the house and outside. They're my go to workout shirts in the morning. They expo

• Ugh, this weather keeps flip flopping between temperatures in the 60's and 80's the last several days and I'm getting all stuffy, with an obnoxious sore throat. :confounded:

• Do you have any honey? It's good for sore throats.

Ugh, this weather keeps flip flopping between temperatures in the 60's and 80's the last several days and I'm getting all stuffy, with an obnoxious sore throat.

• Who needs the Skyrim Remaster when you have the OG Skyrim and a shitload of beautiful texture mods?

• And don't get me started on the wage gap. It doesn't exist. Women aren't paid less, it's just that there are less women in high-paying jobs.

The wage gap exists, it's just not what feminists think it is. It doesn't take different job positions (as you said) or work hours into account. Men and women make different career choices, because believe it or not, men and women are different. The very fact that paying women less is illegal already makes the wage gap a pretty useless statistic.

But seriously, tell me more about how third-wave feminism sucks. Not the entire movement really, but what is has become now is prett

• edited October 2016

EDIT: Is it working?

• edited October 2016

In preparation for me getting battlefield 1 on Monday, I got the app and made a pretty good recreation of my typical avatar.
    EDIT: Just follow the link, I can't seem to get the picture to display. (I'm on my phone right now): https://imgur.com/a/mxs0t

edited October 2016

Ayyyy what platform?

AChicken posted: »

In preparation for me getting battlefield 1 on Monday, I got the app and made a pretty good recreation of my typical avatar. EDIT: Just fol

• There are so many cringy memories in my head, and they won't go away.

Halp mah.

• This is my life.

There are so many cringy memories in my head, and they won't go away. Halp mah.

• Me and my sister pretending not to notice while our parents argue and insult each other at a nice restaurant, in public, in front of tons of people.

enter image description here

• So google has a mini game for halloween, you draw stuff to make ghosts dissapear

Just click on the google logo

• ... That's actually not a bad idea. I'm going as Gaige the Mechromancer (I know, surprise, surprise) this year, but... maybe next year.

My best friends and I were looking for something low budget and easy to do together next year, especially since we're all now technically too old to trick-or-treat (my city has this law that no one over 12 can trick-or-treat, and we are 15, 15, and 13).

WarpSpeed posted: »

It's almost Halloween. Just draw on a few more scars, put on a zombie mask, and no one will notice that embarrassing mark!

• Picked up Dragon Ball Xenoverse this afternoon and I've been playing it ever since. Fantastic game.

• The image at that link:

enter image description here

In preparation for me getting battlefield 1 on Monday, I got the app and made a pretty good recreation of my typical avatar. EDIT: Just fol

• temperatures in the 60's and 80's

[Makes joke about climate change and temperatures rising throughout the decades.]

Ugh, this weather keeps flip flopping between temperatures in the 60's and 80's the last several days and I'm getting all stuffy, with an obnoxious sore throat.

• Prepare to cringe for the rest of your life. They never will.

• Ps4, my man.

Ayyyy what platform?

• Awww, I'm on Xbox.

Ps4, my man.

• Darn. So close yet so far.

Awww, I'm on Xbox.

• Everyone does.

I guess the best you can do is try to not think about them.

• And fail doing so. :/

Also, in the process, think of new ones.

Acheive250 posted: »

Everyone does. I guess the best you can do is try to not think about them.

• edited October 2016

Whenever something upsetting finds its way into my mind, I try to think about something that makes me happy.

Which, at the moment always seems to be...

The Walking Dear Season 3!

Edit: Hahaha, I meant The Walking Dead... Not The Walking Dear.

And fail doing so. Also, in the process, think of new ones.

• I figure you guys should know, it's my birthday!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.