The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Yikes, Irma is now a Category 5. For everyone on the forums in the path of Irma, I hope you guys manage to stay safe. 0.0

• edited September 2017

In my English class in school we've started reading a book called Animal Farm by George Orwell, at first it seemed quite boring to me as I usually don't like reading old material but now that we're on chapter 8 I find it intresting now. Does any know if it is actually good?(without spoiling). It seems like a dark book (which I love a good dark book). I know it's a pretty popular classic book. And I'd also like if maybe someone gave me there opinions and it might help when it comes to my essay when we finish?.

• Starting 11th grade tomorrow. All I'm worried about is shitting my pants, literally. Not because I'm nervous about school, but because I have something wrong with my digestive system that isn't going to be diagnosed for another couple of weeks.

• And for it to come a week after something like Harvey, but just in another part of the country, relief efforts are going to be pretty thin.

Yikes, Irma is now a Category 5. For everyone on the forums in the path of Irma, I hope you guys manage to stay safe. 0.0

• Just been reading about that.... scary stuff :( Fingers crossed everyone stays safe over there.

Yikes, Irma is now a Category 5. For everyone on the forums in the path of Irma, I hope you guys manage to stay safe. 0.0

• Hey guys! I'm new to the community so just thought I'd check in and say hi :) If I spell things weirdly, it's because i'm English and we are.... well. Weird! ;)

• Well my first day of sophomore was meh.

• Colour me intrigued!

Saker-sonic posted: »

Hey guys! I'm new to the community so just thought I'd check in and say hi If I spell things weirdly, it's because i'm English and we are.... well. Weird!

• I am...pleased to be intriguing ;) Nice to meet you!

papai46 posted: »

Colour me intrigued!

• If by weird you mean the correct way then welcome aboard!

Hey guys! I'm new to the community so just thought I'd check in and say hi If I spell things weirdly, it's because i'm English and we are.... well. Weird!

• Orwell's most famous stories are dystopian, but they are often cited as examples of why we shouldn't do certain things as a society. Watch for references matching things that have happened in history, or things that some people think should happen (and what they might lead to if they ever do).

In my English class in school we've started reading a book called Animal Farm by George Orwell, at first it seemed quite boring to me as I u

• Welcome! You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave!

• (Even funnier the second time XD)

holy shit, is that a mother fuckin last of us reference

• edited September 2017

Oh look at the time! It's looks like it's time for my annual Skyrim playthrough! But first time to mod it to oblivion.

Anyone got any mod recommendations? Preferably lore friendly.

• edited September 2017

I have a question for you.

I'm not up on the internet/texting slang and stuff. And I wanted to ask you about this thing I read on Urban Dictionary.

"Bye:
    Dont talk to me no more.
    Bye, you never like me so i dont need you"

Does it mean this? And if so, in what context?

• Yes.... you're right - I spelt "Correct" wrong! :D

lupinb0y posted: »

If by weird you mean the correct way then welcome aboard!

• Thanks for the warm welcome! And...that song will be in my head all day now. I think i'm going to like it here ;)

Welcome! You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave!

• Bye isn't slang lmao. It just means goodbye.

Kenny/Lee posted: »

I have a question for you. I'm not up on the internet/texting slang and stuff. And I wanted to ask you about this thing I read on Urban D

• I was in my sixth form's common room today looking at it on my phone. Looks pretty bad, and I've also heard that it was on its way to Florida (last time I checked) so happy my friend moved from there, hope the ppl down there stay safe

• I have a dark sense of humor when it comes to stuff like this lol:

• I made a thread with the newest pictures from it if you're interested in checking it out.
    https://telltale.com/community/discussion/117328/rami-malek-as-freddie-mercury-for-biopic-bohemian-rhapsody-first-official-pictures

bruzdaa posted: »

Holy fucking shit! I totally forgot about this movie... Cant's wait for his pictures!

• edited September 2017

So the Overwatch team has been making these various animated shorts over the course of the game's release. It delves into the various characters' backstories. Recently, they made one about the character Mei -- the ice-shooting scientist from the game, and then a "making of" featurette about its creation.
    Mei character short:

Making Of Featurette:

After watching the latest Featurette, I gotta say: Telltale seriously you need to get the licence to make a story-based game of your own from this. They really need all the help they can get if they want to make a good story and world with what little time they have during the development of this Multiplayer-FPS game.. This would be the perfect opportunity to fill in any gaps and build more of the overarching story they've made so far. Leave them with the character work, and you stick with the world building, lore expansion, etc. This is a good move.

yes, I realise the futility of this ok? just dont shove me into the unofficial thread for this. this comment is not worthy of it.
  • Uncharted 2 DID NOT deserve GOTY 2009.

I say this as a fan.

• enter image description here

One of the coolest movie scenes.

• You're uh, 8 years late on complaining about it.

J-Master posted: »

Uncharted 2 DID NOT deserve GOTY 2009. I say this as a fan.

• What do you think it should have been instead?

• Though you're English may differ to those who have strayed from their land, it is the original.

• edited September 2017

Uhhhhh, I wouldn't rely on everything I read from Urban Dictionary...

Bye just means... the opposite of hello. (...And that's why it's not my job to teach English.)

Kenny/Lee posted: »

I have a question for you. I'm not up on the internet/texting slang and stuff. And I wanted to ask you about this thing I read on Urban D

• enter image description here

Well shit, guess the rumours were true.
    GTAV Switch port when?

• edited September 2017

I don't understand the praise on this game.

Sure it has great facial animations, it's glitchless, amazing voice-acting and the best detective game but I found this game to have one of the slowest pacing ever in gaming history and the missions were kind of repetitive with no replay value.

Good for LA Noire fans but I hope Rockstar ports GTA 4 on PS4 as well, especially at its 10 year anniversary.

EDIT: Also, reading people's faces was such a good idea that never worked.

MichaelBP posted: »

Well shit, guess the rumours were true. GTAV Switch port when?

• What makes you say that?

• Hi again everybody. My forum was kinda broken and literally couldn't post comments. Thank God the TTG support helped me. Did I miss anything important?

• Yeah, I know but everyone still to this day regards it as a generation classic.

You're uh, 8 years late on complaining about it.

• Possibly a nominee for best action game.

What do you think it should have been instead?

• edited September 2017

A recent playthrough made me realize how bare bones and
    boring the gameplay was, not to mention that I don't care much for the story now that Uncharted 4 is a thing.

AronDracula posted: »

What makes you say that?

• Which game do you think deserved it?

• boring the gameplay was, not to mention that I don't care much for the story now that Uncharted 4 is a thing.

What were you expecting from a story-driven franchise?

A recent playthrough made me realize how bare bones and boring the gameplay was, not to mention that I don't care much for the story now that Uncharted 4 is a thing.

• Walking Dead: Season One free on Humble Bundle for whoever still doesn't own it.

• Goes without saying, but that is a steal! Download it if you get the chance (Humble Bundle is a separate storefront but almost all of their downloads include Steam codes).

Walking Dead: Season One free on Humble Bundle for whoever still doesn't own it.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.