The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Nah, she's more like "Angsty and Dramatic Big Sister Nature"

(But really, why do you say so?)

Rachel basically is Mother Nature.

• I wish you the best luck and that the Godly Raven won't throw a tornado on you.

Yea, there is no getting out of there now. Also: I left Florida to come to Bama. Now I get to bama but the storm shifts west so its still going to hit me. Great.

• Gah same. Figured it would be safe in Georgia cause it was supposed to retreat offshore and smack South Carolina. Not so.

There's really no safe place to go. Hopefully we're north enough.

Yea, there is no getting out of there now. Also: I left Florida to come to Bama. Now I get to bama but the storm shifts west so its still going to hit me. Great.

• What the hell nature?! You throw in two back to back hurricanes AND you add in the worst earthquake Mexico has seen in 85 years.

I know humans haven't been kind to you lately but at least think of the folks that are just trying to get by!

• Whomever has been playing simcity with Earth just got bored.

(I think they said there's the possibility of a third hurricane coming)

J-Master posted: »

What the hell nature?! You throw in two back to back hurricanes AND you add in the worst earthquake Mexico has seen in 85 years. I know humans haven't been kind to you lately but at least think of the folks that are just trying to get by!

• Mother Nature is angry at us. She's right, though. Maybe she wants justice for Santiago Maldonado.

What the hell nature?! You throw in two back to back hurricanes AND you add in the worst earthquake Mexico has seen in 85 years. I know humans haven't been kind to you lately but at least think of the folks that are just trying to get by!

• I finished replaying Resident Evil 7, just to get ready for the new DLCs which are coming out this december.

• paul blart and the legend of the 3 day ban that mattered to nobody

• Gee, I was worried.

paul blart and the legend of the 3 day ban that mattered to nobody

• Pic? :)

Give yourself some credit. Sure, there will be some contests where they say, "Oh, let's be sweet and give the prize to the little kid," but by the time you get up to regional competitions, that's all gone. If you win/advance, it's for real, and if not, well, it's an honor merely to be nominated! ;)

Sooo I just found out I won an important art contest. I didn't even know I was participating I thought they were asking for paintings to "de

• Welcome home.

I don't know any particulars of this one, but maybe mellow a bit? We're not worth the stress.

• I'm glad I got to go to Key West in April. I really hope Irma doesn't damage the city too much. I really liked it there. Hemingway's cats are staying.

• When I was younger, I played Sim City 4 Deluxe all the time. It was definitely one my first games. I always liked building a big city and then just putting a massive volcano in the middle of it. It was great.

Johro posted: »

Whomever has been playing simcity with Earth just got bored. (I think they said there's the possibility of a third hurricane coming)

• Wow, thanks. I needed that. I guess I will just have to trust myself? I'll try not to beat myself up too much :)

Uh, yes, the pic. The phone camera was awful and i took the pic when some paint was still wet so the light reflects in some parts it shouldn't so meh

enter image description here

WarpSpeed posted: »

Pic? Give yourself some credit. Sure, there will be some contests where they say, "Oh, let's be sweet and give the prize to the little

• edited September 2017

Goddamn it, mainstream media! Will you quit bastardizing my childhood?

First, Teen Titans Go.

Then Be Cool, Scooby-Doo.

Then that really dumb Ben 10 reboot.

And now you're gonna get your filthly little paws on the Magic School Bus? Might as well reboot Batman Beyond, Invader Zim, and Phineas and Ferb since clearly nothing is sacred anymore.

• Isn't Nick planning on rebooting Invader Zim. There was a teaser thing a few months back.

ralo229 posted: »

Goddamn it, mainstream media! Will you quit bastardizing my childhood? First, Teen Titans Go. Then Be Cool, Scooby-Doo. Then that r

• I mean, sure the art style and animation leaves a lot to be desired but as long as it remains educational then it really shouldn't matter :P

Plus that theme song is fire.

Goddamn it, mainstream media! Will you quit bastardizing my childhood? First, Teen Titans Go. Then Be Cool, Scooby-Doo. Then that r

• It's actually a television film designed to act as a continuation or a possible series finale with the original cast and producers returning. So I have no quarrel there.

Isn't Nick planning on rebooting Invader Zim. There was a teaser thing a few months back.

• I cared. And was curious.

I just tend to not talk about someone's ban at any time, because I think that puts me at risk of one myself?
    ...Right?

5.3 Do not talk about users behind their backs during a ban.

• Ah, I've been hearing about this New Magic School Bus show for a while...

While I do welcome it's return into a big age of technological improvements and innovations, and new scientific discoveries.. My one small gripe is the animation style here. Ya.
    It looks... Strange. I don't know what to call it, and I'm not an animation expert, but that might be flash animation?
    Whatever it is, it doesn't hold the same amount of detail and charm the original style did.
    But.. That's small. I don't think the kids will mind it. (isn't all or most tv animation these days done in that same style? I don't watch enough tv these days to really know)

But, hopefully this provides the same amount of fun adventures+educational value the original did. At least the trailer looks like it'll have interesting concepts in this show.

And that theme song? YEAH!

• Honestly I think due to the travesties of the other shows listed above, I tend to have trust issues when it comes to cartoon reboots.

lupinb0y posted: »

I mean, sure the art style and animation leaves a lot to be desired but as long as it remains educational then it really shouldn't matter :P Plus that theme song is fire.

• The major difference really is just that it's digital animation instead of traditional. It really throws off the look. The easiest example is to compare old and new Simpsons. It just looks off when you compare them. Where as in traditional animation, you'd have an imperfect, more human, motion, in digital, you get more fluid, robotic, movements. It's a big reason that I dislike digital animation; It's too perfect.

There is a similar issue with digital colouring. It's just too crisp. The colours don't bleed, they don't fade. Too perfect.

Forgive me that I forgot the name for it, but the character bordering style also seems more prominent in the newer version. This is probably due to digital colouring as well. Character redesigns also play a factor. Characters are more wide-eyed than they used to be and have modern hair and clothing.

AChicken posted: »

Ah, I've been hearing about this New Magic School Bus show for a while... While I do welcome it's return into a big age of technological

• There was also a big solar flare which hit the earth, apparently it caused problems with radios they used on the affected Caribbean islands.

• edited September 2017

Yeah, there's a total difference in colour tones and a visible difference in various shapes of people of things.
    Sure, you can't "port" over the original animation style of the show and make it look perfect, but you can probably make it close enough to what it was before. There's plenty of amazing artists out there today, and incredible things modern tech can do these days...

As you mention the Simpsons, yes, there is a visible difference between the old and new. But at least today's Simpsons is easily recognisable and pretty similar to the original design. [not talking about the "original-original" design from the few shorts in the -Tracey Ullman show, of course]
    As I see in this new School Bus, the character designs have drastically changed (if those are indeed the same students..), the proportion of things is different (the bus looks a whole lot larger than it previously did,the students look a lot shorter as well), and the general design and detail of things has decreased or increased in certain aspects. (The school's establishing shot looks very.. simple. The New Bus has a lot more detail than the one from the older series, and I don't particularly like the look of the new one. It's too busy.)
    Yes, this show is marketed at a whole new generation of kids, and it really looks like it may tread over the same plot lines regardless of whether or not there are scientific updates on it (the clip of the bus flying out of the pie is extremely reminiscent of the "original bus" flying out of the "original pie" in the baking episode of the original series.)

So while it might not be my place to complain, as this show isn't targeted towards my age range or towards fans of the original series... It's just that nostalgic feeling getting to me. A show I deeply cherished in my younger years has returned, but not in the way I imagined of course. Oh well.
    Hopefully this show is enjoyable and educational for any new fans it brings on board. When or even if I watch it (just to see what new things it brings to the table), we'll see, but let's hope that it fulfills its duty to continue teaching what the original did. Good clear science.
    Plus, Netflix has the original show in their catalog, so that can always be visited and viewed by the new fans if they ever feel like it.

I forgot the name for it, but the character bordering style

...I think you mean Cel-Shading? I'm not so sure myself, either.

The major difference really is just that it's digital animation instead of traditional. It really throws off the look. The easiest example

• johro, is anything i've ever stressed about worth the stress?

Welcome home. I don't know any particulars of this one, but maybe mellow a bit? We're not worth the stress.

• nice to hear

I cared. And was curious. I just tend to not talk about someone's ban at any time, because I think that puts me at risk of one myself? ...Right? 5.3 Do not talk about users behind their backs during a ban.

• why? i just got banned for calling a... lovely person... a rude name. tbh i did it to myself.

AronDracula posted: »

Gee, I was worried.

• Yeah that's completely understandable. But then there's a reboot like Ducktales which is amazing! Just gotta hope for the best.

Honestly I think due to the travesties of the other shows listed above, I tend to have trust issues when it comes to cartoon reboots.

• Well, finances are a good one. Unexpected pregnancies are another. There are some good reasons out there.

No offense to anyone here, but there will be a time where one will be bogged down by life enough that there will be an internet crossroads. One will either just leave or say "@#$% these people" and let shit slide. You deal with enough in life. We all deal with enough in life not to let the internet get the better of us. F that person you disagree with. F me if you disagree with me. Back out of the page and do something you enjoy.

I'm not really picking out you here. I worked a rough week and just feel like going off about something. ;) I could have picked out something dumb and meaningless, but I chose to be constructive... whether you want it or not.

johro, is anything i've ever stressed about worth the stress?

• It's just called outlines.

Yeah, there's a total difference in colour tones and a visible difference in various shapes of people of things. Sure, you can't "port" ove

• I'm surprised to see that there were some people that watched and enjoyed this show as kids.

We had to watch it in school and I... didn't really like it.
    It felt so cheesy and... not... cool?
    I'm not complaining though, it beat doing schoolwork ANY DAY!

How old were you when you (and anyone else) used to watch it?

• [removed]

• I noticed it too, but then I checked your profile and it was okay so I figured it was only temporary and you'd be back before we know it...

Welcome back!

• Everyone deserves respect, my dude - and that includes you.

why? i just got banned for calling a... lovely person... a rude name. tbh i did it to myself.

• Nice to see someone else actually read the rules! ^_^

To be honest, I missed that part (or maybe forgot about it) when I read them.... like, what, 5 months ago...?

I cared. And was curious. I just tend to not talk about someone's ban at any time, because I think that puts me at risk of one myself? ...Right? 5.3 Do not talk about users behind their backs during a ban.

• I need to rewatch the live action Speed Racer movie. It's so dumb but I love it.

• edited September 2017

That's why I don't watch cartoons anymore. It got worse every single year.

They cancelled my favourite ones being:

• Tom & Jerry (1900's shows)
    • Star Wars: The Clone Wars
    • Spider-Man The Animated Series
    • The original Ben 10
    • Teen Titans

And many others I don't remember.

• Gir

Isn't Nick planning on rebooting Invader Zim. There was a teaser thing a few months back.

• What's up people? How have you guys been doing? :)

• Good, thank you. If only I didn't have this back pain... But other than that I feel great! How about you?

What's up people? How have you guys been doing?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.