The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• There is some gore in it, but not on those slasher movie levels. There is one scene with a kid that might make you feel uncomfortable and somewhat uneasy, I guess.

lupinb0y posted: »

I might go with a friend to see it. How is it violence-wise? Is it really gory or anything like that? I personally don't handle gore too well in movies, especially when it's targeted towards kids so I wanted to know.

• What you have to do to prep for that is going to be a bit nasty, too.

But, they'll have someone monitoring you the entire time you're under anesthesia, and if anything goes wrong, you're already at the hospital! :)

Going to the hospital in two days for an endoscopy and a colonoscopy. First time being put under anesthesia and I'm pretty nervous.

• Smile at people. You'll be amazed at what that does when you enter a new class.

School starts tomorrow and I'm pretty nervous because I'm going to a new one... I have a quite low self-confidence and am pretty shy to strangers so... plz kill me ;-;

• so i have my driving test soon and work decide to put my shift bang in the middle of my test currently going through hell trying to change the shift dont work for bp retail it ruins everything

• Reminds me of when I had my colostomy/appendectomy surgery a few years back. :unamused:

Being put under anesthesia is pretty much the easiest part of the entire surgery, all it does is make you go to sleep and you don't feel a thing.

I promise there's nothing to be nervous about, I'm sure your surgery will go fine :)

Going to the hospital in two days for an endoscopy and a colonoscopy. First time being put under anesthesia and I'm pretty nervous.

• Fair enough, but it's not really the fact that he found it overrated that bugged me. It's that some of his criticisms of the film were objectively wrong:

-Saying that X-24 came out of nowhere despite the fact that it was explained earlier in the film that the children were being wiped out because the organization built a newer and better weapon.

-Saying that the terrible thing Charles Xavier did was never explained despite the fact that it was heavily alluded to more than once and even flat out explained right before Xavier dies.

-Saying that it's never explained why mutants are extinct despite the fact that it was also flat out explained in the climax.

-Saying that he was unsure of what Eden was even though it's pretty obvious that it was a meeting place right before they crossed the Canadian border.

J-Master posted: »

Funny that because I actually agreed with Doug on that one.

• when i was at school we moved to a new one every 3-4 years as my dad was in the army best thing to do is speak to people in your class maybe join a club i used to have a club in one of my schools where we would play secondlife during lunch abd after school you can make alot of friends worst thing to do is ve terrified so stay confident

School starts tomorrow and I'm pretty nervous because I'm going to a new one... I have a quite low self-confidence and am pretty shy to strangers so... plz kill me ;-;

• All this seems so easy but the hardest part for me is to get the confidence to do that in the first place... But I will try

when i was at school we moved to a new one every 3-4 years as my dad was in the army best thing to do is speak to people in your class maybe

• trying is the best thing to do

All this seems so easy but the hardest part for me is to get the confidence to do that in the first place... But I will try

• trying is the best thing to do

All this seems so easy but the hardest part for me is to get the confidence to do that in the first place... But I will try

• I almost don't want to go back to my house at this point. My friend drove by and told me part of my roof was ripped off, there are trees all over the streets that were ripped from the ground, water is feet above my dock in my backyard. My neighbors roof was completely all over the street and in the pool in their backyard. Saw a video of someone driving down my street and the water was flooding up to the front doors.

Also to make it worse? I fled Florida but despite that, I'm still getting hurricane warnings here in Alabama because it's still heading my way.

Nice.

• Where are you in Alabama? Cause from where I am, we're just going to get some heavy rainfall and a few strong gusts of wind, not a hurricane.

I almost don't want to go back to my house at this point. My friend drove by and told me part of my roof was ripped off, there are trees al

• South near Florida

Where are you in Alabama? Cause from where I am, we're just going to get some heavy rainfall and a few strong gusts of wind, not a hurricane.

• My point wasn't to belittle them. It was to point out that they aren't experts even in their own field. They're just two guys.

I don't know if I would say that, I still enjoy their work a good amount of the time. I just think people get too obsessive over Doug and Rob's opinions on a popular movie and get upset that their opinion isn't with the consensus.

• Well, are you more confident once you've gotten to know someone more?
    I'm like that. I take a while to warm up to people.

I think it's pretty natural to be shy around strangers, cuzz... well, they're strange.

I don't think it's realistic to expect anyone to chat to every kid in class and make a whole buncha friends on the first day, or even the first week.

Take it slow and be gentle on yourself.

But I don't have any advice for making friends, sorry! ^_^

• If someone is interested of how Witcher 1 was made and want to learn something about CD PROJEKT RED history, here's documentary from Arhn.eu. It's in Polish but it have English subtitles. Top-notch quality.

• That's what being a teenager is all about. Learning to be an adult whilst being a kid.
    You get to act mature and childish at the same time.

Environment does play a large role in developing one's personality.

And just to save myself from making another comment, your painting's really cool.

It looks like the window stands out of the canvas!
    When I first saw it, it took me a little while to figure out what part was the painting. I thought it was a real window or something at first... it was weird.

It seems kinda gloomy to me though... Not that that's bad.

Good luck with the art contest! :)

Yeah, i tend to overthink too much. I'll try to relax. Thank you. (By the way, you're only 14?! You sound incredibly intelligent and m

• Bark bark

• ypu have missed a very nano sized line at the top but its hardly noticeble i only noticed it because you mentioned it

TheFurryOne posted: »

Trying to crop an image on Gravatar using a tablet is infuriating with those tiny squares. And it looks as if I missed a bit of black line at the top.

• Thx, I just came home and the day went actually not that bad. I talked to two other girls that were sitting behind me and we talked a little about ourselves. They were pretty nice, but one of them is not much of a talker, she's even more quiet than me (which I thought wasn't possible) and didn't answer my question sometimes... I tried not to take it personal, because when something like this happens I always wonder if I said anything wrong or weird. I couldn't remember saying or doing anything like that though... But all in all it was fine.

Well, are you more confident once you've gotten to know someone more? I'm like that. I take a while to warm up to people. I think it's p

• Bark?

Johro posted: »

Bark bark

• Thank you so much! :)

That's what being a teenager is all about. Learning to be an adult whilst being a kid. You get to act mature and childish at the same time.

• I think it's fixed now.

ypu have missed a very nano sized line at the top but its hardly noticeble i only noticed it because you mentioned it

• yep is now

TheFurryOne posted: »

I think it's fixed now.

• What is going on with Youtube? It's getting scandalous and Pewdiepie saying the N word is not the only problem.

• Cool, I'm glad it went well!

Thx, I just came home and the day went actually not that bad. I talked to two other girls that were sitting behind me and we talked a little

• The whole YouTube system sucks now. You can't make any money off of videos anymore if your videos arent rated G through and through.

AronDracula posted: »

What is going on with Youtube? It's getting scandalous and Pewdiepie saying the N word is not the only problem.

• WOW, just wow. I was planning to make a Youtube channel but now I have less chances. This is easily the worst year for youtube. It's losing its mojo.

The whole YouTube system sucks now. You can't make any money off of videos anymore if your videos arent rated G through and through.

• I'm not much of a crier, but I have difficulty holding back when I see people I know crying. My mother especially, today of all days.

• Did she lose someone in 2001?

I'm not much of a crier, but I have difficulty holding back when I see people I know crying. My mother especially, today of all days.

• What happened (if you don't mind me asking)?

I'm not much of a crier, but I have difficulty holding back when I see people I know crying. My mother especially, today of all days.

• This weeks rick and morty was probably my favorite episode ever, some very black mirrory bits.

• Also for @TheAutisticGamer, I don't want to get too into it (avoid breaking the forum guidelines, but no, not physically. Her little brother was a digger at Ground Zero, and well, a lot of those guys have died from lung cancers and my uncle was there for six months. It worries her so deeply. She tells me that he isn't the same person, he has a lot of guilt. It's all heartbreaking.

WarpSpeed posted: »

Did she lose someone in 2001?

• I'm sorry to hear that. And I hope your mom and uncle will be okay.

Also for @TheAutisticGamer, I don't want to get too into it (avoid breaking the forum guidelines, but no, not physically. Her little brother

• What is going on with Youtube?

nothing new, just some existing shit that got escalated.

AronDracula posted: »

What is going on with Youtube? It's getting scandalous and Pewdiepie saying the N word is not the only problem.

• I was born 3 months before that. Just a fun fact to lighten the mood

WarpSpeed posted: »

Did she lose someone in 2001?

• Just pre-ordered Sonic Forces.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.