The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Former CEO of HP and Presidential candidate Carly Fiorina spoke at my university tonight.

BANNED

....heh, just kidding! That's actually pretty neat!

This is not being political, just something I wanted to share. Former CEO of HP and Presidential candidate Carly Fiorina spoke at my university tonight. She is a terrific speaker, and I got a quick picture with her.

• BANNED

You're the one whom used the "L" word up there. Tsk tsk.

Former CEO of HP and Presidential candidate Carly Fiorina spoke at my university tonight. BANNED ....heh, just kidding! That's actually pretty neat!

• It'd probably be good to do a little of everything, with a little more focus on the last three.

gamertale posted: »

So, I am interested in writing for Telltale, and based on my research, applying for their writing job requires that I submit a writing sampl

• So, I am interested in writing for Telltale, and based on my research, applying for their writing job requires that I submit a writing sample, as well as have a portfolio of writings that showcase competent storytelling and dialogue usage.

Writing Samples:

Please submit at least two polished samples demonstrating mastery of narrative structure, character development and dialog.

Samples should be full-length, not excerpts (Shorter forms like television or comic scripts are acceptable, but the samples should showcase a complete story from beginning to end).

If you do not have professional experience, please submit at least four samples.

Samples should showcase cinematic scriptwriting (feature, television, game, or comic scripts), NOT prose (novels, short stories). Comedy and serious drama are both relevant, so send us your best overall work.

gamertale posted: »

So, I am interested in writing for Telltale, and based on my research, applying for their writing job requires that I submit a writing sampl

• My sports team lost the sports game tonight. :(

• Can we love again?

• I say “YES” but reality says “NO.”

Johro posted: »

Can we love again?

• edited October 2017

enter image description here
    It's so quiet in here after this update. I really don't know what to do on this forum anymore...

• B) Make your own Emoji Movie with the new emojis >:)

bruzdaa posted: »

It's so quiet in here after this update. I really don't know what to do on this forum anymore...

• It's so quiet in here after this update. I really don't know what to do on this forum anymore.

Oh I dunno. Constructively add to conversation?
    Either that, or I have a cribbage board around somewhere.

• It's so quiet in here after this update. I really don't know what to do on this forum anymore...

Generally tends to happen for a few weeks after major updates; the same happened in Fall 2013 when Telltale updated the forums from linear to threaded. For what it's worth, it tends to pick up again a little while after.

That, and now, there are around 40 comments on a page instead of 10 top layer comments with threaded replies, so seeing less "recent" posts at the top of a page might give the impression the thread isn't active as it is.

• Justice league is ONLY 1h and 59 minutes? So without the credits we have a 1h 50m movie? BvS was 2.5 hours long and the BvS ultimate cut was 3 hours long and both man of steel and wonder woman were around 2 and 20m long.

• When the best community turned into a boring community.

• SWIFT JUSTICE!

ba-dum-tss

Tolispro posted: »

Justice league is ONLY 1h and 59 minutes? So without the credits we have a 1h 50m movie? BvS was 2.5 hours long and the BvS ultimate cut was 3 hours long and both man of steel and wonder woman were around 2 and 20m long.

• When the best community turned into a boring community.

How apt. Just like in that episode, he still comes back.

AronDracula posted: »

When the best community turned into a boring community.

• “Bitter Sweet Symphony” comes to mind.

WarpSpeed posted: »

There are actually quite a few good modern songs with violins in them. Violins can be quite loud and don't usually need amplification. Putting you by the drums was probably more annoying to you than to the audience.

• Friend of mine who was speeding and got into a car crash which killed two of my other friends is asking me to design a tattoo for him that consists of the dates they passed.

I want to design a tattoo for my friends who passed but at the same time I'm doing it for the person who was speeding and caused their deaths in the first place.

Not sure if it's wrong for me to not want to design it, but I don't think I will.

• ...if it's wrong for me to not want to design it...

No. I don't think you're in the wrong. I wouldn't. If he wasn't at fault, I'd be a whole different story.

Friend of mine who was speeding and got into a car crash which killed two of my other friends is asking me to design a tattoo for him that c

• Don't think anyone can blame you for saying no, and if he does, then he's a pretty crummy friend.

However, perhaps it will help him, or you, if you do it. Still, I definitely wouldn't do it if that will make you uncomfortable.

Friend of mine who was speeding and got into a car crash which killed two of my other friends is asking me to design a tattoo for him that c

• edited October 2017

I know I couldn't do it. Even if they were regretful and it tore them apart. Even if I forgave them. Even if I thought it was a good gesture on his part. I couldn't do it. I would hope they would understand that and have someone else design it.

Besides, something that personal, you need to design yourself. Obviously a pro should do the actual drawing, but the design should be your own. It's your memoriial.

• I wouldn't tell you to do that if it makes you feel uncomfortable. Let him do it himself if he doesn't feel as sorry as you do.

• edited October 2017

the office and friends are the only acceptable comedy shows.

edit: i forgot parks and recreation and also it's always sunny both exist. they are also acceptable.

• That's a funny way to spell "Always Sunny in Philadelphia"

the office and friends are the only acceptable comedy shows. edit: i forgot parks and recreation and also it's always sunny both exist. they are also acceptable.

• Mr. Show was my favourite. That's sketch comedy though. I'm not a huge sitcom fan, but Seinfeld was really good.

the office and friends are the only acceptable comedy shows. edit: i forgot parks and recreation and also it's always sunny both exist. they are also acceptable.

• heY I FIXED MY MISTAKE AND ADDED OKAY DON'T MAKE FUN OF ME

That's a funny way to spell "Always Sunny in Philadelphia"

• that's better

heY I FIXED MY MISTAKE AND ADDED OKAY DON'T MAKE FUN OF ME

• I could really go for a Telltale hamburger riight about now.
    https://telltale.com/images/icons/hamburger.png

PC users don't get hamburgers. I'm sad.

• PC users don't get hamburgers. I'm sad.

Sure they can. Zoom in on your browser, and keep zooming until it shows up. When your effective screen resolution is low enough, that appears.

I could really go for a Telltale hamburger riight about now. https://telltale.com/images/icons/hamburger.png PC users don't get hamburgers. I'm sad.

• edited October 2017

PC users don't get hamburgers. I'm sad.

Sure they can. Zoom in on your browser

:| That's... One big hamburger, man.

WarpSpeed posted: »

PC users don't get hamburgers. I'm sad. Sure they can. Zoom in on your browser, and keep zooming until it shows up. When your effective screen resolution is low enough, that appears.

• I want to design a tattoo for my friends who passed but at the same time I'm doing it for the person who was speeding and caused their deaths in the first place.

I don't think you should design this. I don't think he should get one, either, but that's his choice.

The kind of tattoo you want to design is something that honors the memory of your friends, but the kind of tattoo appropriate for him is something that reminds him that actions have consequences. Those designs are incompatible.

• My friends always tell me I remind them of Frank Reynolds from that show. I watched an episode, and I guess I agree?

That's a funny way to spell "Always Sunny in Philadelphia"

• Justice league is ONLY 1h and 59 minutes?

at least now we only have to sit through a 2 hour shitty movie instead of a 3 hour shitty movie

Tolispro posted: »

Justice league is ONLY 1h and 59 minutes? So without the credits we have a 1h 50m movie? BvS was 2.5 hours long and the BvS ultimate cut was 3 hours long and both man of steel and wonder woman were around 2 and 20m long.

• Guess who just got tickets to see Judas Priest in March?

• Guess who just got tickets to see Judas Priest in March?

Can't wait for the album.

Guess who just got tickets to see Judas Priest in March?

• I’m trying to get back into gta cos I went from amazing to just awful. I used to blow shit up, assassinate people for bounties, I even did the criminal mastermind heist challenge, I got super rich, now I have barely any money, I don’t do much and I just sit around my apartment staring at cars and walking around waiting for my businesses. What are some fun things to do in gta cos I really need to get back into it

• My gal pal pretty much just does all the new races and stuff that pop up and runs her businesses. I don't really know much more than that since I like to "have fun" when playing, but she calls it "actively sabotaging her missions". So I don't play too often with her.

Melton23 posted: »

I’m trying to get back into gta cos I went from amazing to just awful. I used to blow shit up, assassinate people for bounties, I even did t

• That’s exactly what I used to do but I got bored of it, i’m either going down the retirement route and just start driving off of mountains using mountain bikes and all that or get back into “the game” and heist and run my mafia again

My gal pal pretty much just does all the new races and stuff that pop up and runs her businesses. I don't really know much more than that s

• I'm a retirement route kind of guy. To me, if the car doors are on more than 30 seconds and you're not dying every 5 minutes, you're not playing it right.

Melton23 posted: »

That’s exactly what I used to do but I got bored of it, i’m either going down the retirement route and just start driving off of mountains using mountain bikes and all that or get back into “the game” and heist and run my mafia again

• Yeah, I guess it’s time to retire until gta 6 comes out, then i’m recreating my gta 5 character and bringing him back into robbing stuff, unless something else comes up before the 2-3 year wait. Ima go steal a golf caddy and chase a train with it ?

I'm a retirement route kind of guy. To me, if the car doors are on more than 30 seconds and you're not dying every 5 minutes, you're not playing it right.

• edited October 2017

Watched Thor: Ragnarok today. It's GREAT. It's a lot better than the previous Thor movies (which technically isn't saying much). It's funny, fun and is just great to look at. This has some of my favourite visuals and action scenes (particularly the ones involving Hela and Thor) of any superhero movie. The appearance of another Marvel hero is pretty great as well. Chris Hemsworth and Mark Ruffalo really shine in this movie. They're fantastic together!

As for the negatives..

The moments up until we get to Sakaar are a bit rough and it takes some warming up. Skurge and Hela are underdeveloped. They aren't bad at all, but they're definitely underdeveloped (Though what we do get of Hela is really good in my opinion). Some of the jokes don't hit and some of the CGI looks a bit iffy.

There are two after-credits scenes. The first one being important and the second one being a joke.

Overall I'd say Phase Three of the MCU continues its trend of making good ass movies and I'm loving it! Really excited for Black Panther and Infinity War!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.