The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Thanks, but have you ever gone to an argentinian nacional rock concert? Violins are nothing. Plus, fue audience themselves said they didnt hear anything.

WarpSpeed posted: »

There are actually quite a few good modern songs with violins in them. Violins can be quite loud and don't usually need amplification. Putting you by the drums was probably more annoying to you than to the audience.

• have you ever gone to an argentinian nacional rock concert?

Can't say I have. Oh well, I'm sure the bow action looked nice.

Thanks, but have you ever gone to an argentinian nacional rock concert? Violins are nothing. Plus, fue audience themselves said they didnt hear anything.

• That moment when the weather becomes super nice in your area... and then you get a bad case of hay fever.

• I’ve been thinking: if the rumor about killing off Carl in the mid-season finale of TWD is true, who do you think will replace his role? His role in the timeskip plays a major role in future arcs.

Shot in the dark, but what if they introduced Clementine? Like she replaces Carl role from the comics (minus the whole Lydia relationship. Maybe they can do something where they’re best friends.).

• I started my quarter life crisis early so i’m playing a bunch of games I used to play back into the 2005-2009 period and i’ve also been acting differently too. Fuck being an aduulllttt

• edited October 2017

Jesus Christ, CinemaSins just released another Saw movie. Not that I don't like those movies but
    he already released a Saw movie not 3 days ago and there are a lot of horror movies he never sinned like the fan-favourite horror movie, The Shinning.

• Looks like Nintendo won this year with Zelda and Mario.

• Can't wait to pick it up.

AronDracula posted: »

Looks like Nintendo won this year with Zelda and Mario.

• edited October 2017

Nevermind what I said.

MichaelBP posted: »

Can't wait to pick it up.

• there are a lot of horror movies he never sinned like the fan-favourite horror movie, The Shinning.

yeah... i'd love it if cinemasins stays as far away from good movies as humanly possible.

Jesus Christ, CinemaSins just released another Saw movie. Not that I don't like those movies but he already released a Saw movie not 3 days ago and there are a lot of horror movies he never sinned like the fan-favourite horror movie, The Shinning.

• edited October 2017

You know they don't sin movies because they hate them, right? Even the narrator sinned his favourite movie of all time which is The Matrix.

there are a lot of horror movies he never sinned like the fan-favourite horror movie, The Shinning. yeah... i'd love it if cinemasins stays as far away from good movies as humanly possible.

• edited October 2017

You know they don't sin movies because they hate them, right?

Oh for god's sake. Yes, yes, I am well aware of all the details. "We don't sin movies because we hate them", "They're just nitpicking", "It's satire" yadayadayada. The problem with Cinemasins is that their content, while well made and entertaining, is just a disgrace to some of the movies they cover.

Details like Jeremy saying blank doesn't happen or make sense and completely glossing over a scene where it does happen or is explained, when his sin is proved wrong later on he never takes it back, he rarely ever does research on anything he makes, spreads false information about movies, and takes symbolism in films incredibly literally instead of what it should be, symbolism.

Like yeah, I get it's supposed to be a joke and not taken seriously, but when he frames everything he says as legitimate criticism and a large majority of his awful fanbase get angry at even the slightest criticism of the channel, it makes it very frustrating for people like me to enjoy his videos on the better films.

And people also make the excuse that the Cinemasins narrator is a character Jeremy puts on, but if that's true why does he say the exact same shit about Age of Ultron in his real talk review on his second channel that he does in his Cinemasins video? And trust me, you gotta say some really fucking dumb bullshit to make me defend a piece of shit like Age of Ultron.

Regardless of all this, Jeremy himself is a wonderful person and I've never seen him act malicious or horrible to anyone, in fact the personality he displays on his twitter account is a personality I'd much rather see than just the Cinemasins narrator. But Jeremy works best when he's sinning films that don't deserve the benefit of the doubt and are fun to make fun of. Not when he's actively ignoring details in a film just to boost the video to proper ad revenue time.

You know they don't sin movies because they hate them, right? Even the narrator sinned his favourite movie of all time which is The Matrix.

• Well if you're willing to teach me how to play cards then I'm ready to play some cribbage.

Johro posted: »

It's so quiet in here after this update. I really don't know what to do on this forum anymore. Oh I dunno. Constructively add to conversation? Either that, or I have a cribbage board around somewhere.

• I absolutely hate the spelling of "judgment" :( compared to "judgement" :).

• edited October 2017
    okay, so I haven't been caught up on this whole thread yet (been back a few pages), but due to the way the forum is set up now, I've decided to compile a list of replies here. I'm probably late to a lot of discussions, but I still want to pitch in.

@ClemyClooAndBabyboo
    [From pg. 4232]
    sees "list of youtube things" you actually watch
    -- [GodzillaMendoza] --
    ayy

@Dont_Look_Back

[From pg. 4232]
    What is now page 1000 wasn't page 1000 before the update.

Well, at least we can all agree comment 1 will always be comment 1. That will never change.

@Kenny/Lee

[From pg. 4234]
    "..sad that we can no longer discuss poltical/social/religious issues on here.."

Yeah, I agree with that whole statement.
    I completely understand why this was implemented, and what brought it to that point, but yeah, I'm sad about it too. There have been times here where I'd wanted to have simply shone a light onto a recent social issue, not really for discussion, but to simply put it out there. Unfortunately, if I did that, I'd either get angry people angry at me, other people angry at others, plus a swift ban-hammer smack to the back of the head. All because people can't have a civil discussion about something without disrespecting the opinions of others.

please don't ban me for this. I'm just expressing an opinion, not pointing fingers or demeaning any rules here

So again, completely understand why we can't and how it's come to this, but just disappointed that people can't just have a nice chat about things these days.

@Dont_Look_Back

[From pg. 4234]
    "I want to design a tattoo for my friends who passed but at the same time I'm doing it for the person who was speeding and caused their deaths in the first place."

I am sorry for your loss. That's a terrible thing to experience, and you have my deepest condolences.
    As for your predicament: It depends on how you feel about it. It would be nice to honor the memory of these friends in a good way, but the circumstance that has presented itself here isn't too pleasant. If it makes you uncomfortable to do this, don't do it.

@lupinb0y
    [From pg. 4236]

Watched Thor: Ragnarok today

Where is this special screening?

It's GREAT ... Phase Three of the MCU continues its trend of making good ass movies and I'm loving it!

I agree. Personally my favourite MCU movie so far this year (or Phase, if you will) would have to be Guardians 2 (w/ Logan as a Non-MCU favourite, also winning overall). Guardians was a hilarious movie, surprisingly full of slow paced and emotion-pouring moments, and good character dynamics. The two minor complaints I do have is the underutilisation of Ayesha and the overuse of jokes. They're great, but we don't need one at every moment. Some tense or emotional moments should stay tense or emotional, okay?

@Johro
    [From pg. 4236]

I absolutely hate the spelling of "judgment" compared to "judgement" .

As a personal opinion, I hate the idea of words that mean the exact same thing, but are spelt differently. you confuse me world. whhyy???

• Well this is horrendous

• Where is this special screening?

Just gotta live in Australia!

I liked Guardians 2 but I didn't think it was as good as the first one (still think it's great though). I thought it was more emotional but there were too many jokes.

AChicken posted: »

okay, so I haven't been caught up on this whole thread yet (been back a few pages), but due to the way the forum is set up now, I've decided

• Tempted to get either Wolfenstein 2 or AC: Origins but can't decide. I feel like playing a stealth game and I like the AC gameplay in general but the Steam reviews are really mixed. Feel like mowing down nameless soldiers and going through a good story but I haven't played a Wolfenstein game before.

• AC: Origins is a great game. Though the story is the weakest part so that might be a big turn off. If you've never played a wolfenstein game then start with the new order first, don't get 2.

lupinb0y posted: »

Tempted to get either Wolfenstein 2 or AC: Origins but can't decide. I feel like playing a stealth game and I like the AC gameplay in genera

• Never played the AC games for the story so I'm leaning into Origins. I haven't played The New Order but I did watch a playthrough of it so I do know the story.

AC: Origins is a great game. Though the story is the weakest part so that might be a big turn off. If you've never played a wolfenstein game then start with the new order first, don't get 2.

• ʎɐp pooƃ ɐ sı ʎɐpoʇ

• -- [GodzillaMendoza] --
    ayy

GOOD! TASTE! GOOD! TASTE! GOOD! TASTE!

okay, so I haven't been caught up on this whole thread yet (been back a few pages), but due to the way the forum is set up now, I've decided

• edited October 2017

Godammit, why do I have to work today? If the season came out 3 days ago I could've spent those three days binge watching this. :joy:

ʎɐp pooƃ ɐ sı ʎɐpoʇ

• Yeah, I'm busy for most of today so I won't be able to watch it until later tonight.
    Still, I'll be counting every minute until then. :D Can't wait!

Godammit, why do I have to work today? If the season came out 3 days ago I could've spent those three days binge watching this.

• You should definitely get Wolfenstein The New Order. It's one of the most underrated FPS games of this generation. The story is well written, the characters are memorable, the gunplay is phenomenal and you can also do stealth.

Now with Wolfenstein 2 getting great and better reviews than the first game, I plan of buying it at some point but I still need to play The Old Blood DLC.

lupinb0y posted: »

Tempted to get either Wolfenstein 2 or AC: Origins but can't decide. I feel like playing a stealth game and I like the AC gameplay in genera

• In case anyone is interested, GOG is giving away Tales From the Borderlands free this weekend, if you buy $15 worth of other stuff.

• and xbox live gold is too, without paying for other stuff

In case anyone is interested, GOG is giving away Tales From the Borderlands free this weekend, if you buy $15 worth of other stuff.

• Which of the Nintendo games released this year do you think is gonna win Game of the Year 2017?

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Or
    Super Mario Odyssey

• So my ex keeps contacting me about how her new boyfriend is better, I swear I feel like ripping their fucking throats out and hanging them up as Halloween decorations ??

• This is why I'm 20 years old and still haven't gotten into a relationship. I've heard too many stories of them turning out badly. I even turned down someone who liked me because I've had nightmares about how badly it could end.

Melton23 posted: »

So my ex keeps contacting me about how her new boyfriend is better, I swear I feel like ripping their fucking throats out and hanging them up as Halloween decorations ??

• edited October 2017

@Zombiekiller3121
    Funny story about nightmares and shit actually. A few weeks before she left me I kept have recurring nightmares of her cheating on me with someone else. I want to be in a relationship but I cba with it turning out badly

Edit: forgot to reply, oops ?

• probably samus returns purely on the basis that we haven't had a good metroid game in like 15 years and samus came back and basically revived the metroidvania genre from obscurity.

Which of the Nintendo games released this year do you think is gonna win Game of the Year 2017? The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Or Super Mario Odyssey

• "So if that new boyfriend is so great, why do you keep thinking about me, hmmm?"

Melton23 posted: »

So my ex keeps contacting me about how her new boyfriend is better, I swear I feel like ripping their fucking throats out and hanging them up as Halloween decorations ??

• "So if that new boyfriend is so great, why do you keep thinking about me, hmmm?"

Exactly what I thought. "Why are you so hung up on me?"

"So if that new boyfriend is so great, why do you keep thinking about me, hmmm?"

• Lmao I love being uncomfortable because hypocrites take their bitterness to a whole new level because they absolutely HAVE to be right.

• Uhh what's the correct spelling again? I swear I see Mandela effect there.

I've spent most of my life spelling "villain" as "villian". It's hard getting used to it.

Johro posted: »

I absolutely hate the spelling of "judgment" compared to "judgement" .

• "Judgment" is considered proper, but both are acceptable. I always thought the spelling of "villain" was weird, but one makes a bit more sense when you try to pronounce it. As soon as I look at "villian", I know it's wrong.

MarijaaNo7 posted: »

Uhh what's the correct spelling again? I swear I see Mandela effect there. I've spent most of my life spelling "villain" as "villian". It's hard getting used to it.

• Went to PAX AUS in Melbourne today! Was really fun and I got some loot for myself :smiley:

• So last Thursday I went on an excursion to the County Court in Melbourne, and got to sit in on a theft case (in which about $3000 had been stolen) which had been delayed six goddamned years...

• Went there for an assignment in August. Looked around for cases, picked one, went into the court room and the person accused of the crime didn't show up so a warrant for their arrest was called. The whole thing took like three minutes. Was a weird thing to see.

So last Thursday I went on an excursion to the County Court in Melbourne, and got to sit in on a theft case (in which about $3000 had been stolen) which had been delayed six goddamned years...

Sign in to comment in this discussion.