The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• To be honest, I still think Chloe in the original game is still the worst and I hate Rachel slightly more than her and Max.

I have played the first episode (still haven't gotten around to Ep. 2 yet, still need to prepare for something like that), and I can tell yo

• edited October 2017

For some reason TTG forum didn't let me post since the update and I won't be here much anymore anyway because I don't even regonise this place and don't have any friends here left who post here beside a few.

• don't have any friends here

• Let's dance, dance, dance the night away.

• One time my cringey ass went and breakdanced in the middle of Disneyland in Paris

Johro posted: »

Let's dance, dance, dance the night away.

• so i uh, i guess resident evil 2 hd isn't happening or what?

• It's probably been pushed back due to Revelations updated ports. It was formally announced almost a year after the news leaked. I don't think it's being cancelled at this point.

so i uh, i guess resident evil 2 hd isn't happening or what?

• edited October 2017

Finished South Park: The Fractured But Whole.
    Great game that unfortunately ends pretty abruptly. Love that or hate it, it had to be done because there will be story DLC. It's one of those love/hate relationships with DLC. Would you rather have a true epilogue or more gameplay?

I do mean that it is a great game. I haven't watched South Park since season 2 and I think it's a great game. My play time says 25hrs(near 100%, just missing two things), but that includes probably 3 hours of idling and time I spent wandering around and taking in the world. Definitely longer than the last game story-wise(11hr vs 6hr story). Still really short for an RPG, but I can't knock it for that. It's too good.

• edited October 2017

Finally finished all my assignments! Now I can just sit back, relax and do nothing for the next four months...

Oh God.

• Sweet relief. I finished my first college assignment, which was my business studies one, a few days ago and managed to pass it first time. Now I get to do nothing for another week :)

lupinb0y posted: »

Finally finished all my assignments! Now I can just sit back, relax and do nothing for the next four months... Oh God.

• Is it on YouTube?

Melton23 posted: »

One time my cringey ass went and breakdanced in the middle of Disneyland in Paris

• don't have any friends here left who post here beside a few.

don't have any friends here

• I hope not

Is it on YouTube?

• I've never played LiS, but what's up with this "hella" thing?!

hella

• the game was written by old white guys with no understanding of the english language so the two protagonists say "hella" a collective total of 2,842,001 times throughout the course of the story and it drives aron batshit crazy

I've never played LiS, but what's up with this "hella" thing?!

• Hella crazy

the game was written by old white guys with no understanding of the english language so the two protagonists say "hella" a collective total of 2,842,001 times throughout the course of the story and it drives aron batshit crazy

• I think that it is sad that we can no longer discuss poltical/social/religious issues on here.

I understand why the Moderators put the nix on it, because people could not be mature enough to refrain from insulting one another, and with that being said I find that quite sad - pathetic, really.

Now I do realize that such things are controversial, and that people oftentimes have very strong opinions about such things, and I can respect that. But this is not grade-school, we should be mature enough to be able to remain civil towards each other, and to know when to walk away from a converstaion before it becomes heated.

Then again there are those who seemingly live to argue and fight with others.

Anyway, I'm simply disappointed.

• :D
    Thanks for your (awesome) explanation!

the game was written by old white guys with no understanding of the english language so the two protagonists say "hella" a collective total of 2,842,001 times throughout the course of the story and it drives aron batshit crazy

• edited October 2017

Yeah I agree, but last time I said that I got banned. And no, I didn’t say something like “this rule is fucking shit” I just said something along the lines of “I don’t agree with it but it’s here so we have to live with it”. Therefore Ima keep my mouth mostly shut

• I decided to have an extreme blast from the past and I went back to find one of the first cartoons that Mickey Mouse was ever in, and my childhood was completely ruined... mickey tried to sexually harass Minnie in the back of an aeroplane. She said no, dude :s

• edited October 2017

What? What do you mean RE2 HD won't happen?

• I’m so goddamn pissed off! I’ve been waiting for nearly a week now for my dad to find a decent drill bit to drill a hole for an Ethernet cable, but he just isn’t doing it for me. If I went to find one i’d destroy the whole wall somehow seeing as I apparently can’t even paint a wall, and my pc has no internet whatsoever. I’m so pissed

• And I just caught my brothers on the roof....

• It was a joke. I'm just a tad frustrated no news has been spoken of it since it's announcement other than Claire's VA change (which i'm still a tad upset about)

AronDracula posted: »

What? What do you mean RE2 HD won't happen?

• edited October 2017

I think they will announce it when they're finished with RE7. They probably don't want to make fans wait for RE2 hd and ditch the RE7 DLCs.

• I'm slightly late now in my time zone, but I believe I have been on this forum for 3 years now.

• When you can't find a drill bit, best to just get Wi-Fi.

Melton23 posted: »

I’m so goddamn pissed off! I’ve been waiting for nearly a week now for my dad to find a decent drill bit to drill a hole for an Ethernet cab

• My WiFi was shit on my pc so I wanted to boost it. I went out last night in hopes of finding a good store that is still open but no luck so I just ordered a WiFi booster online

WarpSpeed posted: »

When you can't find a drill bit, best to just get Wi-Fi.

• Sooo... Michael Bay will be producing a live action Dora the Explorer movie. What is this timeline?

• what the hell

lupinb0y posted: »

Sooo... Michael Bay will be producing a live action Dora the Explorer movie. What is this timeline?

• Gave a violin concert yesterday. It was shit. Really, who thought Post 70's National Rock is a good genre to play with violin!?!? I mean they already had sax and trumpets and guitars why the fuck add the violins!?!? And they didn't even give us mikes! And they put us right next to the drums! What the fuck!

• There are actually quite a few good modern songs with violins in them. Violins can be quite loud and don't usually need amplification. Putting you by the drums was probably more annoying to you than to the audience.

Gave a violin concert yesterday. It was shit. Really, who thought Post 70's National Rock is a good genre to play with violin!?!? I mean the

• Oh, alright then! Misunderstanding si it then! Sorry.

AronDracula posted: »

I was asking about Chloe in the original game, not the prequel one cause it came out after the main game.

• I liked the mystery of Rachel's character in the original game, I must admit that. She seems pretty manipulative and too-much-going-on now, but is still pretty interesting to watch.

It certainly is true that Chloe [in BtS] is as edgy and angry as in the original game but she [to me] doesn't seem as pushy as she was with Max. My favourite parts are the "dream sequences" from both ep 1 and 2 in Before the Storm.

You hate her because she's whiny, reckless, and too mad-at-the-world, right?

I have played the first episode (still haven't gotten around to Ep. 2 yet, still need to prepare for something like that), and I can tell yo

• You hate her because she's whiny, reckless, and too mad-at-the-world, right?

That, along with her selfishness, edginess, and manipulative behavior, among a few other things.

MarijaaNo7 posted: »

I liked the mystery of Rachel's character in the original game, I must admit that. She seems pretty manipulative and too-much-going-on now,

• So, I am interested in writing for Telltale, and based on my research, applying for their writing job requires that I submit a writing sample, as well as have a portfolio of writings that showcase competent storytelling and dialogue usage. While I'm not a hundred percent sure what they require (whether it's a collection of short stories or scripts used in projects), I know I need to write a lot and make an official portfolio of these writings. But what would be best for me to focus on? Because I have a lot of ideas on what I can do.

• Just write short stories.
    • Just write random short scripts.
    • Make an independent web-series.
    • Make independent video games.
    • Make independent short movies.
      I just don't know!
  • edited October 2017

In the prequel she seems to be manipulated [by Rachel] rathet than actually doing it herself. It's kinda weird how Chloe did to Max what Rachel had done to her.

You hate her because she's whiny, reckless, and too mad-at-the-world, right? That, along with her selfishness, edginess, and manipulative behavior, among a few other things.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited October 2017

Kenny/Lee said:
    I think that it is sad that we can no longer discuss poltical/social/religious issues on here.

I understand why the Moderators put the nix on it, because people could not be mature enough to refrain from insulting one another, and with that being said I find that quite sad - pathetic, really.

That was one of the reasons, but not the only reason.

There are multiple other reasons we decided to axe political discussions too, some of which are related to general forum culture issues we were hoping to fix/improve, and some others that were related to how current politics are extremely toxic and hyper-polarized right now in general. Given the current political culture, some people dismissed our moderation requests ("don't post hate speech", "use reliable news sources", "put effort into your posts instead of focusing on political tribalism", etc) as "liberal bias" instead of us trying to curate good and civil discussion.

This led to some people feeling entitled to presume personal exemption from our requests due to said "bias", instead of seeing that they weren't being civil and abiding by the forum guidelines (or trying to make a genuinely good argument).

I should also add, this is a very common rule across the overwhelmingly large majority of video game company forums, both large and indie. Most game company forums don't allow discussion of politics or controversial social issues.

Kenny/Lee posted: »

I think that it is sad that we can no longer discuss poltical/social/religious issues on here. I understand why the Moderators put the ni

• Well Chloe learned from the best

MarijaaNo7 posted: »

In the prequel she seems to be manipulated [by Rachel] rathet than actually doing it herself. It's kinda weird how Chloe did to Max what Rachel had done to her.

• This is not being political, just something I wanted to share.

Former CEO of HP and Presidential candidate Carly Fiorina spoke at my university tonight. She is a terrific speaker, and I got a quick picture with her.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.