The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• So it turns out that I won't be able to play Batman Episode 3 until next Tuesday - I'll be 2 weeks late. GOD HELP ME SURVIVE THE SPOILERS

• Well, if you survived until now, those few extra days should be a piece of cake. :)

So it turns out that I won't be able to play Batman Episode 3 until next Tuesday - I'll be 2 weeks late. GOD HELP ME SURVIVE THE SPOILERS

• I don't seem to be getting notifications for every reply. It's not too serious, as it's only happening with replies on the Birthday thread, but as a heads up I figured I'd let people know. (or maybe it's just reply-deactivating powers mods now have for threads like that.)

• edited November 2017

A 24 year old guy who lives on the holler who is reknown for being "out there" got arrested today because he was sent a High School student a video of him fucking a dog in an attempt to seduce him.

EDIT: Huh. Seems I've forgotten how to post videos. That link is to video that plays "What a Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong. My joke has been ruined, and I shall never forgive TellTale for it.

Mod edit: Fixed it; just copy/paste the link directly and the video will automatically embed

Update: He fucked a chicken, not a dog. Also, thanks, Blind!

• Just copy/paste the link directly and the video will automatically embed :)

A 24 year old guy who lives on the holler who is reknown for being "out there" got arrested today because he was sent a High School student

• disney let the people who made the emoji movie and ghostbusters 2016 be in charge of 2 spin off movies about spider-man villains that don't mention spider-man at all.

i repeat.

disney let the people who made the emoji movie and ghostbusters 2016 be in charge of an r-rated horror based venom movie and an r-rated sex based black cat/silver sable movie, both of which never even mention spider-man.

the list of reasons to commit suicide just gets longer every day at this point smh

• So? The Lord of the Rings was handed to a B Horror filmmaker and look how that decision turned out.

disney let the people who made the emoji movie and ghostbusters 2016 be in charge of 2 spin off movies about spider-man villains that don't

• gonna be honest, i've never seen the full lord of the rings series. i've only the first movie and half of the hobbit. so i can't really give an opinion on that.

but i just want to say that regardless of that, there ARE talented people tied to both of these movies. the problem is it's sony. sony ALWAYS finds a way to fuck it up.

Johro posted: »

So? The Lord of the Rings was handed to a B Horror filmmaker and look how that decision turned out.

• sony ALWAYS finds a way to fuck it up.

Not disagreeing there. Even when I was a fan of superhero movies, my expectations severely diminished since Spider-Man 3. Such a piece of garbage.

Speaking of Peter Jackson though. The Frighteners. Criminally underrated cult classic.

• my expectations severely diminished since Spider-Man 3. Such a piece of garbage.

tfw you like spider-man 3 and think it's overlooked

sony ALWAYS finds a way to fuck it up. Not disagreeing there. Even when I was a fan of superhero movies, my expectations severely d

• ooo Sorry. :blush:

I saw it in theatres and had some decent expectations. I wasn't a big fan of the series, but we were finally going to see Venom live action...and it was Topher... With an Emo Parker. Wasn't really what we expected.

• understandable

ooo Sorry. I saw it in theatres and had some decent expectations. I wasn't a big fan of the series, but we were finally going to see Venom live action...and it was Topher... With an Emo Parker. Wasn't really what we expected.

• edited November 2017

Just so you know Disney has nothing to do with those spin offs. It's all Sony's doing. They're not even part of the MCU.

disney let the people who made the emoji movie and ghostbusters 2016 be in charge of 2 spin off movies about spider-man villains that don't

• Will Telltale be at the Game Awards this year? It's happening in like a week and I don't think they've said anything about being there this year.

• Telltale? Buddy? I'm uh, just going to crash on your couch for a few days. Okay? Cool.

• yeah but disney certainly has the money to say "fuck you sony" and buy the rights to venom, carnage, black widow and silver sable back.

lupinb0y posted: »

Just so you know Disney has nothing to do with those spin offs. It's all Sony's doing. They're not even part of the MCU.

• They can, but Sony doesn't want to sell them. At least for now.

yeah but disney certainly has the money to say "fuck you sony" and buy the rights to venom, carnage, black widow and silver sable back.

• i find the idea of sony not wanting to sell them funny to be honest. sony clearly isn't making these movies because of passion for the project, it's for money. disney offering them billions for 4 characters would probably make those greedy cunts go nuts

lupinb0y posted: »

They can, but Sony doesn't want to sell them. At least for now.

• No wonder that Sony forced Sam Raimi to put Venom in Spider-Man 3 when he knew nothing about the character and because of that, he cancelled Spider-Man 4 so he could not make the same mistakes again, being told to use villains he doesn't know about.

• edited November 2017

OMFG, when are they going to stop? EA said Visceral Games was shut down because people don't like linear games anymore. EA, just fuck off, you retarded pieces of shits, there is no way you never heard that games like Uncharted 4, The Last of Us, Resident Evil 7, Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice etc. were successful. You had NO reason to shut down Visceral Games, if you thought this is a good excuse, fuck you and fuck your entire company. Either improve your games or just close the fucking company, everyone now knows that you're full of shit.

• I enjoy linear games and open world ones i hate ea for shutting visceral down as i was a huge fan of the dead space series ea is just a bunch of dlc mongers

AronDracula posted: »

OMFG, when are they going to stop? EA said Visceral Games was shut down because people don't like linear games anymore. EA, just fuck off, y

• Hell, their latest IP was going to be a linear story-driven Star Wars game and now it became another Star Wars 1313 situation. Disney should fire EA from making Star Wars games and give the license to a trustworthy company.

I enjoy linear games and open world ones i hate ea for shutting visceral down as i was a huge fan of the dead space series ea is just a bunch of dlc mongers

• Peppermint tea is great. I've been liking anything with cinnamon or orange lately.

Peppermint tea

• ...As if EA couldn't get any worse.

OMFG, when are they going to stop? EA said Visceral Games was shut down because people don't like linear games anymore. EA, just fuck off, y

• edited November 2017

All the talk about if Telltale will show something related to TWD at the Game Awards, meanwhile I’m just here waiting to see this.

Okay seriously, how do people link a tweet? I have no idea how to do this.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited November 2017

Just directly copy/paste the Twitter link. :)

The forums take care of the rest once you copy and paste the URL, causing no need to mess around Twitter's embed or the forum Link tool.

All the talk about if Telltale will show something related to TWD at the Game Awards, meanwhile I’m just here waiting to see this. https:

• edited November 2017

Sadly, I have not figured out how to embed tweets yet, but the button to get the link is right above where you can get the embed code.

All the talk about if Telltale will show something related to TWD at the Game Awards, meanwhile I’m just here waiting to see this. https:

• That’s what I was originally doing, it was coming out weird and didn’t post like other tweets do.

Just directly copy/paste the Twitter link. The forums take care of the rest once you copy and paste the URL, causing no need to mess around Twitter's embed or the forum Link tool.

• Seems to be coming out fine for me now, which is weird. Did you refresh the page after posting? The tweets don't always embed.

If it still looks weird even afterwards, that happens sometimes with tweets being glitched on Twitter's end. It's happened to me a few times, but it seems the tweet you were posting is now fine.

That’s what I was originally doing, it was coming out weird and didn’t post like other tweets do.

• So Victoria's in for the worst storm in decades over this weekend so my internet and power might go out. Already some flooding in the Melbourne CBD and there's flood warnings around all the major rivers. I don't think my area'll cop the worst of it but the emergency services are saying not to use the roads unless it's essential. Stay safe to anyone in the more affected areas.

• Had a storm a few weeks ago like that, and it knocked some people's power out for over 16 days. Our town was a mess with all the fallen trees and power lines that came off their posts. All of the water and Ice in bulk was gone from the stores by the end of the first day.

Good luck to you folks.

So Victoria's in for the worst storm in decades over this weekend so my internet and power might go out. Already some flooding in the Melbou

• Thanks. Like I said it doesn't look like my suburb's getting anything worse than a possible power outage, and it's certainly a nice break from the heat wave we've been having, but the last few times Melbourne's gotten this much rain it looked like this:

And here's a few from around 2003/2004:

Had a storm a few weeks ago like that, and it knocked some people's power out for over 16 days. Our town was a mess with all the fallen tree

• Speaking of disasters:
    I forgot my anniversary for the third year in a row.
    I'm in a whole lotta troubles.

• I ate hummus for the first time today. It has a nutty, sour taste that I didn't expect at all. It's pretty good, though. It's interesting how different foods can be from around the world.

• Oh, I just forgot that The Cringe Awards is close. I'll watch the stream just for announcements, we all know which is going to win the GOTY.

• Samus Returns was just too good, I know.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Let me have this.

Oh, I just forgot that The Cringe Awards is close. I'll watch the stream just for announcements, we all know which is going to win the GOTY.

• I'm happy you have your own GOTY just like my personal one is Resident Evil 7.

Samus Returns was just too good, I know. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Let me have this.

• This looks potentially interesting.

• Oh? Samurai Batman?

dojo32161 posted: »

This looks potentially interesting.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.