The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• edited December 2017

Considering what he did with Alien: Covenant I'd rather see his movies without Xenomorphs in them. I know that he made this franchise but In my opinion he should stop making movies related to Alien and focus on something else 'cause I don't think he really care about his baby and just want to milk it to the last drop. That's my opinion.

AronDracula posted: »

Ridley Scott mentioned that he wants to focus less on Xenomorphs in future Alien movies and more on AI. Are you fucking serious Scott? What

• Then he should not name the future films Alien cause people watch those movies just for Xenomorphs, I hope the next movie will flop.

bruzdaa posted: »

Considering what he did with Alien: Covenant I'd rather see his movies without Xenomorphs in them. I know that he made this franchise but In

• That actually sounds really cool!

I can't believe it. I just had a dream about the Final season of TWD. It began with some monologue from Clementine. I don't remember exac

• I actually wanted to ask this before but didn't have the time and when I did, I forgot: Does it taste like your drinking a mint? Or toothpaste?

Peppermint tea

• Well, a good pepeprmint tea mustn't taste like toothpaste.

I actually wanted to ask this before but didn't have the time and when I did, I forgot: Does it taste like your drinking a mint? Or toothpaste?

• I tried to think of some other similar drink, but then I could only think of peppermint schnapps, and it probably doesn't taste like that, either.

Well, a good pepeprmint tea mustn't taste like toothpaste.

• I bought it for the theme. I only had the generic PS4 theme before it, and thought it would be the perfect first theme for my console. Also gives me an excuse to replay the series (and play the Michone series for the first time) before the final season releases.

AChicken posted: »

[Large Audible Sigh] Let the waiting begin. I assure you I'd pay for this, but not 50$. Either way it's too good to be locked behind a pre-order.

• Made a classroom activity as part of my course today, which was a quiz on guessing the name of the movie from an audio file I play from my laptop, and the answers were written on a sticky note posted on a whiteboard.

Had a bit of a laugh at their expense when I deliberately placed fake answers for one of the questions on the board along with the right answers, just to see if anyone would notice that they picked 'Rapunzel' instead of 'Tangled' while they were in a hurry to win.

• It’s one of the greats, you should give it a shot. Ignore the god awful remake.

lupinb0y posted: »

• I already own all the games on PS4, so there isn't much incentive for me to get the collection, but man was that theme tempting. Hope you enjoy Michonne, as it's one of my favourites of Telltale.

I bought it for the theme. I only had the generic PS4 theme before it, and thought it would be the perfect first theme for my console. Also

• I had a dream about the final season where clementine gets into a fight, AJ turns and Javier gets crushed by some sort of construction vehicle while saving clem

I can't believe it. I just had a dream about the Final season of TWD. It began with some monologue from Clementine. I don't remember exac

• That's cool, and a little dark. Do you remember who she got into a fight with?

• I really hope that if Disney does go ahead and buy Fox that they let stuff like Deadpool still be made as R-rated. Logan and Deadpool were both fantastic and I'd really hate it if those films weren't going to be made as R's like before.

• I think it will be really cool to have the Fox heroes back under the MCU, but I do agree it will suck to not have movies as ambitious as Logan or Deadpool - especially Logan in particular.

I really hope that if Disney does go ahead and buy Fox that they let stuff like Deadpool still be made as R-rated. Logan and Deadpool were both fantastic and I'd really hate it if those films weren't going to be made as R's like before.

• Checking over Recent Discussions isn't spoiler friendly when you're planning to play an older game.
    I've never been too upset by spoilers. I'm much more of a "it's the journey" kind of guy. So it's okay. The price I pay to check the forums.

• I need to get back into drawing. Haven't done that in a while.

• edited December 2017

No. Freaking. Way.
    A comic strip about a person with Introversion. Link took a while to load for me, so be patient.-- It does say there's a bigger, more readable version on the main page, but it's quite old so there'd be a lot of scrolling to get to it.
    [I'm not entirely like that, as I would be a lot more open if it was my party, but... wow. This person gets it.]

I also decided to take a personality type test just out of curiosity.
    Ooh boy, I'm an INFP-T.... a.k.a. a Mediator (not meditator)

After viewing the general overview of what this personality type indicates, it's pretty accurate. Not 100%, but I have to admit that my jaw did fall off and I can't put it back on helpme: (so here's a "greatest hits" of their explanation! bold bits are the most accurate and similar)

General Intro:
    Fantasy worlds in particular fascinate Mediators, more than any other personality type. The strength of their visionary communication style lends itself well to creative works, and it comes as no surprise that many famous Mediators are poets, writers and actors.
    Unlike their Extraverted cousins though, Mediators will focus their attention on just a few people, a single worthy cause – spread too thinly, they’ll run out of energy, and even become dejected and overwhelmed [...]
    Mediators often drift into deep thought, enjoying contemplating the hypothetical and the philosophical more than any other personality type. Left unchecked, Mediators may start to lose touch, withdrawing into “hermit mode” [I have not gotten to that stage with my thoughtful looks on reality, but I can clearly see it happening if I take it too far.] , and it can take a great deal of energy from their friends or partner to bring them back to the real world.

Strengths and Weaknesses:
    +belief that all people are inherently good, perhaps simply misunderstood, lends itself to an incredibly resilient attitude in the face of hardship. [...]
    +They prefer a more democratic approach, and work hard to ensure that every voice and perspective is heard.
    +A live-and-let-live attitude comes naturally to Mediators, and they dislike being constrained by rules. Mediators give the benefit of the doubt too, and so long as their principles and ideas are not being challenged, they’ll support others’ right to do what they think is right.
    --When something captures Mediators’ imagination, they can neglect practical matters like day-to-day maintenance and simple pleasures.
    --Mediators are often so focused on the big picture that they forget the forest is made of individual trees. Mediators are in tune with emotions and morality, and when the facts and data contradict their ideals, it can be a real challenge for them.
    --Mediators often take challenges and criticisms personally, rather than as inspiration to reassess their positions. Avoiding conflict as much as possible, Mediators will put a great deal of time and energy into trying to align their principles and the criticisms into a middle ground that satisfies everybody.
    --notoriously difficult to really get to know, and their need for these qualities contributes to the guilt they often feel for not giving more of themselves to those they care about.

Romantic Relationships: [speculation, possibly inaccurate, as I have not been in a RR yet. Not sure what fits with me.]
    and are almost always looking to either establish a new relationship or improve an existing one [Currently useable in friendship]
    In dating, Mediators will often start with a flurry of comparisons, exploring all the ways the current flame matches with the ideal they’ve imagined.

Friendships:
    The true friends of people with the Mediator personality type tend to be few and far between, but those that make the cut are often friends for life. The challenge is the many dualities that this type harbors when it comes to being sociable – Mediators crave the depth of mutual human understanding, but tire easily in social situations; they are excellent at reading into others’ feelings and motivations, but are often unwilling to provide others the same insight into themselves – it’s as though Mediators like the idea of human contact, but not the reality of social contact.
    Friendships are earned on their own merit, by dint of the intuitive respect Mediators have for those with similar principles and values, rather than more practical alignments like those of coworkers. Mediators’ tendency to protect their sensitive inner cores and values from criticism, especially if they are on the more turbulent side of the spectrum, means that acquaintances will likely get nowhere near them without sustained and tactful effort.
    Mediators will always need to disappear for a while, removing themselves from others so they can re-center on their own minds and feelings.

Parenthood:
    [really don't know about this one. Far from being a parent yet. From what I've done in Babysitting, this doesn't line up as well, they aren't my kids.]

Career Paths: [again, haven't had a full paying job quite yet so this is speculative on my part]
    Mediators often wish that they could just be, doing what they love without the stress and rigor of professional life.
    Where Mediators will not thrive is in a high-stress, team-heavy, busy environment that burdens them with bureaucracy and tedium. Mediators need to be able to work with creativity and consideration – high-pressure salespeople they are not.

Workplace Habits [again, not happened yet, only basing off my educational view on "work"]
    To Mediators, if it isn’t worth doing, it isn’t really worth doing, and this sense of moral purpose in their work colors everything from how they respond to authority to how they express it. Though the way the Mediator personality type shows through depends on the position, there are a few basic truths about what Mediators seek in the workplace: they value harmony, need an emotional and moral connection to their work, and loathe bureaucratic tedium.
    As subordinates, Mediators prefer latitude, and would much rather immerse themselves in a project, alone or with a close team, than simply be told what task to do and move on. [...] Mediators would rather know that their work will help to deliver a service they believe in than to know that the bottom line has been boosted by 3%.
    ...Mediator personality type would much rather hear what they did right and focus on what to do, rather than what not to.
    Among their colleagues, Mediators will feel freer to share their ideas, and while they may maintain some psychological distance, they will make every effort to be pleasant, friendly and supportive – so long as their coworkers reciprocate. [I can see this happening. Makes sense.] Mediators don’t like conflict or picking sides, and will do everything they can to maintain harmony and cooperation.

Strategies: Constant Improvement:
    Constant Improvers are sensitive and contemplative individuals who enjoy having their own space and freedom. They are often deep and creative individuals, though often tense and more comfortable on their own than mixed up in the judgment of the real world.
    These personalities’ caution in the face of unfamiliar challenges can sometimes look like a lack of motivation, but this is usually just self-doubt
    They invest a great deal of their identity in their successes, [...] and even a minor misstep or embarrassment can be crushing.
    Though they can seem frustratingly over-cautious to others [even to myself], Constant Improvers would rather not face calamity, so they excel at avoiding it with preventive insights.
    These personalities can put so much pressure on themselves that they diminish their own impressive accomplishments by fixating on the slightest flaws or dismissing successes as luck rather than skill or dedication.
    Constant Improvers are easily thrown off-balance by conflict, and may communicate timidly, or not at all, for fear of hurting people’s feelings, provoking a confrontation, or looking the fool.

Sorry for the overly long post of copy-pasted material from that website, but there's just so much in there to get into. It's really eye-opening, and incredible how accurate it is. In fact, I was touched by how accurate it is, and I feel like I was truly understood for who I am. (and while the website states that Mediators aren't that revealing of themselves -- which is true for me -- I'm glad I got the courage to show this off. Maybe the website was talking about personal life activities and interests rather than emotional, personality based things. If so, then that's pretty accurate as well.)

• I get it. It *is* informative for those outside the spectrum. Personally, I'm an INFJ personality, which pretty much nobody is(basically, they are introverts whom are adept at reading people and blending in). The real eye-opener to average people is that books are equivalent to video games when you think of these issues. Both are fantasy worlds open before you. Now, these minority percentiles will probably multiply by 10 or more on this forum. After all, we not only love video games and fantasy, we love them enough to join an internet community to discuss them.

• I'm really scared because I don't remember Disney making an R-rated movie. I'd rather have Fox own the rights of X-Men.

I really hope that if Disney does go ahead and buy Fox that they let stuff like Deadpool still be made as R-rated. Logan and Deadpool were both fantastic and I'd really hate it if those films weren't going to be made as R's like before.

• edited December 2017

Disney themselves don't publish R rated movies but they have subsidiary companies like Buena Vista and Miramax do that for them. So if Disney were to buy Fox they'd probably just publish those kinds of movies under Fox.

Besides, even if Disney buys Fox it's not like they'll just cancel the X-Men movies that are already in development like New Mutants, Deadpool 2, X-Men: Dark Phoenix, etc. They'll still be released.

I'm really scared because I don't remember Disney making an R-rated movie. I'd rather have Fox own the rights of X-Men.

• Now wait a minute, if I remember correctly, was Spider-Man Homecoming published by Disney or Sony?

Disney themselves don't publish R rated movies but they have subsidiary companies like Buena Vista and Miramax do that for them. So if Disne

• edited December 2017

It was published by Sony which was part of the deal they had with Marvel.

Now wait a minute, if I remember correctly, was Spider-Man Homecoming published by Disney or Sony?

• The only R rated movies Disney has done were under Touchstone Pictures when they bought them out. Who says they couldn't do the same with FOX and run those movies under a different company name.

• Miramax has published a bunch of R rated movies as well. Including a few of Quentin Tarantino's films (Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill, etc).

Johro posted: »

The only R rated movies Disney has done were under Touchstone Pictures when they bought them out. Who says they couldn't do the same with FOX and run those movies under a different company name.

• edited December 2017

Thank you for sharing this. It is touching to see people people out there that understand the mentality. And with such accuracy. Almost all of it related to me in one way or another. The only part that had me questioning was the part in Workplace Habits where you left a [...]. I like to be told what to do most of the time, even if it causes stress due to my inner fear of not meeting their expectations. But that's what drives me to do a good job.

Edit: Just took the test and got INFP-A

• edited December 2017

Lol this is funny cos I took this test today in school during my free time

Thank you for sharing this. It is touching to see people people out there that understand the mentality. And with such accuracy. Almost a

• edited December 2017

Sorry, you're right. Forgot about Miramax... Just like the rest of the world did around the year 2000.

Okay, America. Now what's wrong with the way Canadians say "Roof"? That's a new one to me. Roo-f, like a kangaroo. How else can you pronounce it?
    I know the "about" thing, which no one says "aboot" btw, it's more a-bout vs ab-out. We put the emphasis on the "b" where a lot of Americans put the emphasis on the vowel sound.
    Seriously though, how do you pronounce "roof"? :P

Miramax has published a bunch of R rated movies as well. Including a few of Quentin Tarantino's films (Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill, etc).

• Pretty much like "r - oof"
    Goddamn Roblox memes are starting to pop into my head :confounded:

Johro posted: »

Sorry, you're right. Forgot about Miramax... Just like the rest of the world did around the year 2000. Okay, America. Now what's wron

• *Throws hat in the ring*
    Alright forum. I'm in.
    Time to sleep though. I have to be across town and at work in 8hrs.

• As much as it is funny when trolls raid this place by uploading certain images, if this places really wants that to stop then it should just adopt the points system that some other forums used so that you need a certain number of forum points before you can post images, but people who have already been around will already have these points as it should all be recorded, whereas new comers will have 0. Just saying.

• That's fucking brilliant.

Melton23 posted: »

As much as it is funny when trolls raid this place by uploading certain images, if this places really wants that to stop then it should just

• Today marks the 76th anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor, a date which will live in infamy, where 2,400 Americans lost their lives.

• Has anyone seen the new gta update trailer? ??

• I heard that there is a movie based on it which, from what I've heard, isn't a good movie at all.

Today marks the 76th anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor, a date which will live in infamy, where 2,400 Americans lost their lives.

• edited December 2017

The reason why you shouldn't watch it can be summed up in 4 words: Directed by Michael Bay. It's much like the Transformers movies, you expect the movie to be about what the title suggests, but instead, your subjected to some boring and poorly done story as the main focus point with the thing you wanted to see happening around it. In this case, it's a really bad love triangle with one of the worst travesties in American history taking up a very small chunk of the actual movie (about 40 minutes if I recall and the movie is over 3 hours long). So yeah, don't watch it.

I heard that there is a movie based on it which, from what I've heard, isn't a good movie at all.

• I don't trust any movies where Michael Bay is involved except for movies that I enjoyed as kid being the original Transformers, obviously, and the Texas Chainsaw Massacre Remake in which he was a producer, it's a horror movie remake that I don't think it's actually bad because I really liked it but yeah, he produced a lot of shitty horror movie remakes as well like A Nightmare on Elm Street 2010.

The reason why you shouldn't watch it can be summed up in 4 words: Directed by Michael Bay. It's much like the Transformers movies, you expe

• I thought it was a really good movie.

I heard that there is a movie based on it which, from what I've heard, isn't a good movie at all.

• You shouldn't expect any movies where Michael Bay is involved to be good at all. There are some that are decent like the original Transformers but they're still bad because Michael Bay doesn't give two shits about the character development and wants to focus on action only.
    What's really annoying is that the audience are still stupid enough to waste their money on any Michael Bay movies, even after watching the worst one being Transformers Revenge of the Fallen.

Kng0604 posted: »

I thought it was a really good movie.

• edited December 2017

If anyone's interested, another weird dinosaur has been officially described.
    https://www.theguardian.com/science/2017/dec/06/smuggled-fossil-very-weird-new-species-of-amphibious-dinosaur-halszkaraptor-escuilliei

Dinosaurs never ceases to amaze me.

• Red Barrels confirmed Outlast 3 is going to happen but they are now working on a project that isn't a sequel to Outlast but it's set in the same universe.

I'm keeping my promise of not doing the same mistake like I did with Outlast 2 which was a garbage chasing simulator.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.