The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• edited December 2017

Is it just me or the teaser trailers looked... better?
    That T-rex killing Carnotaurus looked like it has been taken straight from some fanfic... I hope this scene won't be in the movie. I'm actually happy that they brought new dinosaurs (finally) but it feels like there's too many of them and they would be there just for a few seconds, and as I said earlier that Rexy scene is just, ehh.I don't know... I'm not hyped as I was after watching Jurassic World trailer. What are your thoughts?

• edited December 2017

I don't know what this guy is on, but I want it.

FuckTheOscars

• edited December 2017

Ladies and Gentlemen, the Tommy Wiseau of gaming. He doesn't let anyone take him down. :smiley:

Edit: Absolutely perfect. I clicked on its youtube link, and guess what showed up? An ad for the Disaster Artist.

I don't know what this guy is on, but I want it. FuckTheOscars

• Tales From The Borderlands. Here I come.

You have big boots to fill. This game needs to hit vintage levels of comedy to live up to my old TTG standards. ;)

• Basing this off of what I've played of the old Sam and Max games (which isn't much, only the first two episodes), I don't know if this would be "vintage-level comedy" as you would hope, but it's got its own merits. This one is less "dry and indirect"? Been a while since I've played both games so I may be completely wrong on this. Humour is subjective. At least it's a good change of style and pace from the dreary, dark and dramatic era of TWD onwards.
    (I really need to get back into Sam & Max, shouldn't I?)

Johro posted: »

Tales From The Borderlands. Here I come. You have big boots to fill. This game needs to hit vintage levels of comedy to live up to my old TTG standards.

• edited December 2017

I love this guy. Skip to 1:32

• There's a few styles going on in Sam & Max. Personally, I love that about it. It's a bit all over the place. In some scenes you'll get a scene on screen followed by a one-liner, some you get rapid fire jokes, a lot of situational comedy. Those games follow more like a cartoon. Since the games are puzzle-based, the actual narrative comes at you quickly in cutscenes. Yeah, they're worth playing.

I've finished the first episode of TFTB and so far it's okay. Pretty good. A few jokes got a "heh", which, to be honest, was more than I was expecting. I like Jared's score so far too. Not necessarily the music(isn't my taste), but it's suitable for the game.

AChicken posted: »

Basing this off of what I've played of the old Sam and Max games (which isn't much, only the first two episodes), I don't know if this would

• oh i'm sorry. i was under the impression people watched the series because it was good and 3 of the 6 films are cinematic masterpieces. my bad, it was just the aliens and literally nothing else all along! THAT'S how the series gained traction! putting in androids will kill the series! how dare Ridley Scott challenge himself with new means of storytelling?! that piece of shit!

AronDracula posted: »

Ridley Scott mentioned that he wants to focus less on Xenomorphs in future Alien movies and more on AI. Are you fucking serious Scott? What

• edited December 2017

The Great Debate: Which is the third best film in the Alien franchise?
    I bet the answer to that is all over the place.
    Alien³

• Alien 3, of course.

Resurrection, Prometheus and Covenant look like a cash grabs. Alien 3 should have been the final movie of the franchise.

The Great Debate: Which is the third best film in the Alien franchise? I bet the answer to that is all over the place. Alien³

• *bro-fist*
    Oh you'd be surprised. I used to work with a guy whom thought Resurrection was the best one.

• Well, he has a terrible taste but if he likes it, that's fine. I actually didn't like Alien 3, it's like other third installments that are considered weak like X-Men The Last Stand, Matrix Revolutions, Taken 3 etc. but at least it had an entertaining ending that was supposed to end the franchise once and for all.

Alien - Best Horror
    Aliens - Best Action
    Alien 3 - Best Ending

*bro-fist* Oh you'd be surprised. I used to work with a guy whom thought Resurrection was the best one.

• I’m so glad I was able to witness such a legendary and historic moment in gaming history.

AChicken posted: »

Ladies and Gentlemen, the Tommy Wiseau of gaming. He doesn't let anyone take him down. Edit: Absolutely perfect. I clicked on its youtube link, and guess what showed up? An ad for the Disaster Artist.

• edited December 2017

I really dislike eating heated up ham in sandwiches. I much prefer them to come straight out of the fridge and plopped on bread.

Mmmm.... Cold ham.

• Today is my birthday.

• Happy birthday, hope it’s a great one!

TheFurryOne posted: »

Today is my birthday.

• edited December 2017

The title of this game is weird but it looks like the Aliens Colonial Marines we deserved.

• Cooked ham is terrible. That's why.

lupinb0y posted: »

I really dislike eating heated up ham in sandwiches. I much prefer them to come straight out of the fridge and plopped on bread. Mmmm.... Cold ham.

• it looks like the Aliens Colonial Marines we deserved.

I think that was the game that made me incredibly skeptical of hype culture ever since. I was looking forward to that game for years and I was naive enough to think that the longer it took to develop the better the game it would be for it. Last game I ever bought and ever will buy from Gearbox.

Anyway yeah the game looks pretty decent. One of the developers was an ex- head OVERKILL employee who made the Payday games so it seems to be in good hands.

The title of this game is weird but it looks like the Aliens Colonial Marines we deserved.

• Also, according to one of the devs of this game, this project was made by 8 people, just 8? They must have taken a LONG time to finish this game and it would be INSANE if this game becomes the replacement of Aliens Colonial Marines, 8 people VS a game studio with hundreds of people.

Graysonn posted: »

it looks like the Aliens Colonial Marines we deserved. I think that was the game that made me incredibly skeptical of hype culture e

• That's the beauty of Gearbox(the only video game company I will not support); Unlike companies like EA and Nintendo, where we don't know whom was in a position to make difference(we don't know if these people are even with the company two weeks later), we know whom was responsible for the Colonial Marines disaster. We know whom was responsible for division of time and assets within the company. It also helps that he acts all smug in interviews. Easiest man to hate in the industry(unless you want to poke the low hanging fruit that is Phil Poisson).

• While rushing Colonial Marines is fucking unforgivable and told us a lot of lies and fake facts, nothing can be worse than Konami and EA for many reasons:

KONAMI

• Firing Kojima
    • Cancelling Silent Hills
    • Turning a stealth-driven action franchise into some Left4Dead/The Last of Us bullshit.
    • Treating their employees like prisoners and shit.
    • Turning great franchises into slot machines.
    • Not giving Bluepoint Games the rights of remastering the Silent Hill franchise like they did with Metal Gear Solid.
    • Making players pay for the demo of Metal Gear Solid 5.
    • Rushing the story of Metal Gear Solid 5.

EA

• Adding microtransactions in AAA games.
    • Buying and shutting down later on a lot of good studios.
    • Turning Amy Hennig's story-driven Star Wars game into a destiny style game.
    • Ruining Star Wars, Mass Effect and Dead Space.
    • Not interested in re-releasing games on current consoles.
    • Making the worst and the most predictable Star Wars story in gaming.

That's the beauty of Gearbox(the only video game company I will not support); Unlike companies like EA and Nintendo, where we don't know who

• Adding microtransactions in AAA games.

Ubisoft has done it too.

Ruining Star Wars, Mass Effect and Dead Space.

I'm a bit curious where this responsibility lies. Who actually made the decision to put the previous writer in charge of the project and have them work with a relatively green studio across the country. A situation where everybody was fairly new at what they were trying to accomplish.
    All things considered, they did a decent job. If this wasn't labelled as Bioware and Mass Effect, I think they would have been praised. Alas, this was Bioware and Mass Effect and is definitely the disappointment of the year. Anthem better be amazing(hopeful, not threatening).

While rushing Colonial Marines is fucking unforgivable and told us a lot of lies and fake facts, nothing can be worse than Konami and EA for

• Ubisoft has done it too.

Assassin's Creed Unity only and that game sucks.

I'm a bit curious where this responsibility lies. Who actually made the decision to put the previous writer in charge of the project and have them work with a relatively green studio across the country. A situation where everybody was fairly new at what they were trying to accomplish. All things considered, they did a decent job. If this wasn't labelled as Bioware and Mass Effect, I think they would have been praised. Alas, this was Bioware and Mass Effect and is definitely the disappointment of the year. Anthem better be amazing(hopeful, not threatening).

What I don't understand is why they changed the team and the graphical engine for the latest game. Also, they don't even bother to fix Andromeda's issues, they did fix some but most of them were just moving the camera in different positions to avoid the facial problems during cutscenes and they actually thought it would work but no, they're fucking retarded.

Adding microtransactions in AAA games. Ubisoft has done it too. Ruining Star Wars, Mass Effect and Dead Space. I'm a b

• Assassin's Creed Unity only and that game sucks.

As well as the latest South Park. Those were needless though. The type of MTs that I'm okay with. They were either cosmetic or the boost they provided was only worth using for a few hours until you leveled above them.

Ubisoft has done it too. Assassin's Creed Unity only and that game sucks. I'm a bit curious where this responsibility lies. Wh

• I made a meme about the guy who roasted EA in The Game Awards.

• edited December 2017

The heck just happened???

My older brother went to the store today and brought back a new Nintendo Switch with Zelda: Breath of the Wild...

• He probably saw the game awards.

The heck just happened??? My older brother went to the store today and brought back a new Nintendo Switch with Zelda: Breath of the Wild...

• edited December 2017

Who's up for building a furniture fort and giggling over some hot chocolate?

Brainstorming a new avatar currently. I want one more themed than my current. Even though, you have no idea how involved the current one was to create. Looks like all game assets and stolen art, but it wasn't. Max was recreated from scratch and the two other assets needed a lot of work.

Playing TFTB and it's... Pretty damn good. I did not know Warburton was in this and he's a good 1/3 of my enjoyment. Worth every penny.

• Who's up for building a furniture fort and giggling over some hot chocolate?

• edited December 2017

I guess this thread(my posting portion anyway, my head isn't THAT big) is turning into my live-chat TFTB.
    *slowclap*
    I liked the meta-decision conversion Rhys has when being rescued in Episode 2. Nice touch. I'm starting to see more of the charm others, like Anon, have for this.

I admit, the "bro" scene was really good.

If you haven't played the game(directed generically), there's no avoiding spoilers at this point, unfortunately. I've been spoiled to two deaths just by my habit browsing Recent Discussions. I will, however, state that the second episode surpasses the first, which isn't usually the case. If someone was underwhelmed in the first episode(speaking to comedy), give the second a shot. It gets better.

• edited December 2017

At PSX, it has been confirmed that The Forest is going to released for PS4. For some reason, that game looks really interesting.

To everyone who owns/owned, how good is it? Is it worth a buy?

EDIT: Here is the trailer.

• It pretty much picks up each episode, maybe aside from Episode 3. As much as I was usually critical of Telltale taking longer times to release episodes around this time, you can really tell that Borderlands was a lightning in a bottle type moment for them where they put the down time to good use to listen to fan feedback from the series for each episode.

I guess this thread(my posting portion anyway, my head isn't THAT big) is turning into my live-chat TFTB. *slowclap* I liked the meta-deci

• Spoilers of Resident Evil 7.

There is finally the reason why they changed Chris Redfield's model in RE7

• My six year old niece is wearing a shirt that says, "I've Got Bieber Fever."

I feared this day would come...

• Man, it's a good time to be a Yankee fan right now, am I right?

• Today I got a skinned knee, nearly crushed my pinky, and almost broke my phone over Arby’s curly fries. More at 10.

• edited December 2017

Sony released the trailer for their animated Spider-Man feature film starring Miles Morales.

It's fucking gorgeous. I rolled my eyes when I first heard Sony wanting to do an animated Spider-Man movie but after this I'm all aboard on the idea!

• Wait, um uh... what?

I knew Sony was trying to make solo villain Spider-Man movies (still doubting how those would work without its link to Spider-Man), but I didn't know they were making one about Miles. At least that one can work fine without Parker.
    Looks pretty interesting, and judging by the end of the trailer and title of the movie: They're aiming for a franchise. Tons of Spideys out there. ...Hmmmm.
    Though I don't know how I feel about the animation. Part fluid CGI, part choppy stop-motion, it looked a bit janky when it did that. I am now on board and will see how this goes.

lupinb0y posted: »

Sony released the trailer for their animated Spider-Man feature film starring Miles Morales. It's fucking gorgeous. I rolled my eyes when I first heard Sony wanting to do an animated Spider-Man movie but after this I'm all aboard on the idea!

• it's meh

At PSX, it has been confirmed that The Forest is going to released for PS4. For some reason, that game looks really interesting. To everyone who owns/owned, how good is it? Is it worth a buy? EDIT: Here is the trailer.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.